Options

2008 Patriots

Comments

• Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    g under p wrote:
    I so dislike home losses but now they just have to play harder on the road.

A

Fucking train wreck today.
  • Options
    I am a Steelers fan. Maybe next year, we are just much better this year and when Brady comes back you will probably be back to being better than us. But it is still nice to say "We beat the Pats!!!"
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,483
    g under p wrote:
    I so dislike home losses but now they just have to play harder on the road.

A
    Yeah losing at home sucks........... for THE PATS!!!!! HAHAHAHA

Really gotta love a road win(2nd half spanking) in shitty weather!!!

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Damn, tough loss to the Steelers. This playoff picture is getting farther away from NE. It will take a miracle for them to make the Wild Card now. But the season isn't over yet. I am still keeping the faith.
    The Colts got a hold on one of the wild card slot already. And looks like the Ravens/Steelers* will take the second slot. *depending which team wins their division.

I'm saying it's gonna be an AFC East title or bust for the Pats, Jets, 'Fins and Bills.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,138
    LongRd. wrote:
    The Colts got a hold on one of the wild card slot already. And looks like the Ravens/Steelers* will take the second slot. *depending which team wins their division.

I'm saying it's gonna be an AFC East title or bust for the Pats, Jets, 'Fins and Bills.

WOW how things have changed in a year, the Patriots can still get it done.

A
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    WOW how things have changed in a year, the Patriots can still get it done.

A
    Yeah, and if you check out the remaining games for each team, all schedule are pretty even with the Bills having 3 divisional games though.
  • Options
    WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    tough game to watch....Cassel did well, some dropped passes that clearly should have been caught and our D is getting their asses handed to them.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • Options
    ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,015
    I'm glad Cassell realized that he sucked finally...man he had me worried for a second. That was as bad as I have seen the Pats look since the time Tom Brady single handedly led the team to a defeat against the Dolphins on MNF in like '03 or '04.
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    well, if there was a game to miss, this was the one ... at least the second half.

was at O'Hare waiting for a flight, and they were showing the Jets game .... all I can say is the ticker on the bottom of the screen in the second half went form 10 - 10 to 26-10, and the little possession arrow was on the Steelers the whole half, I swear.

Well, 4 games left ... probably need to run the table.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    You'll still make it Bellytits is good.
  • Options
    ryan198 wrote:
    You'll still make it Bellytits is good.

again, they don't have any of the tiebreakers going their way with regards to the wildcard, so they HAVE to win the east ...

Would NOT surprise me if they won 3 of the last 4 and stayed home for the playoffs.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    again, they don't have any of the tiebreakers going their way with regards to the wildcard, so they HAVE to win the east ...

Would NOT surprise me if they won 3 of the last 4 and stayed home for the playoffs.
    have you seen who baltimore is playing?! :p

we can win the last four and get in no problem
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    both of you are making good points...b'more is kinda good, but not really proven so maybe you make it maybe you don't.
  • Options
    The hope is now that the Jets can't comeback from the Denver game and the Pats run the table. Gonna be tough with 2 cross country trips, granted it is Seattle and Oakland. Damn...if they only won that cointoss against the Jets.
  • Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    steelers, best team in the AFC,
  • Options
    Commy wrote:
    steelers, best team in the AFC,

Steelers are playing well do they play the RAVENS again?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Damn, might have to win the last 4 to make it into the playoffs. Winning 3 just doesn't seem to cut it.

Go PATS!!!!!!!
  • Options
    They haven't won 3 straight all season long. So 4 straight is real tough task now!

But you know which non-AFC East can really help the Pats the next two weeks?

..........*drum roll*

The Niners---they play the Jets and then the 'Fins. They just a win in Buffalo last Sunday.

It's gonna be an interesting month of December for the division.
  • Options
    Pats bring Rosie Colvin back into the fold ...

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/12/colvin_signs_wi.html

I think they should birng back Andre Tippett myself.

• Options
    Had to work REAL hard against a 2-10 team to pull out a win ... part 2 of the back to back west coast swing in Oakland next week.

The defense is decimated with injuries (Warren didn't even dress, Wilfork and Bruschi left the game ...) ...

I'm still pulling hard for these guys, I loved the moxie Cassel showed today to get the comeback win ... but, damn, it's really hard right now to see them going deep in the playoffs ....

But .... for now ... tied for first in the AFC east!

• Options
    LongRd. wrote:
    They haven't won 3 straight all season long. So 4 straight is real tough task now!

But you know which non-AFC East can really help the Pats the next two weeks?

..........*drum roll*

The Niners---they play the Jets and then the 'Fins. They just a win in Buffalo last Sunday.

It's gonna be an interesting month of December for the division.

Nothing is out of the question we are talking about The New England Patriots.

Peace

• Options
    YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tied atop. we get the tiebreaker with a win next week.

• Options
    Phew that was so close. Branch nearly killed us...

49ers playing the role as AFC East spoilers. Hopefully, they win in Miami next week.

Pats got Oakland!
  • Options
    YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tied atop. we get the tiebreaker with a win next week.

actually, if the Jets or Dolphins win their last three ... they would win the east.

As well as taking care of their own business, Pats still need a little help.

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    actually, if the Jets or Dolphins win their last three ... they would win the east.

As well as taking care of their own business, Pats still need a little help.
    washington winning tonight would be the start.

• Options
    yeah if that f*ckin Viniteri (sic?) kicks us out of the Wild Card or playoffs at all when Indy beat us, that would suck. They still have a shot (Pats), but wow that was close. Once Cassel gets into a rythym he's quite good. But the fact that we are so decimated with injuries (too many to list) and we won that game shows a lot of heart. Seattle is very underrated with good receivers and a QB who can run the field. It's going to get interesting. Man I love NFL football, especially when December and the playoffs come around.
    model role model
  • Options
    RAVENS up 14-0 and I can't stand the R-skins especially around here. i hope they get pouned tonight.

A

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    RAVENS up 14-0 and I can't stand the R-skins especially around here. i hope they get pouned tonight.

A

you're from New England and you're rooting for Bmore?
    model role model
  • Options
    you're from New England and you're rooting for Bmore?

Grew up in Boston and live in half of the year in MD. I don't care I don't like the R-skins and I do like the Ravens. IF They played the Patriots you know who I'll be rooting for.

BTW do you think Ray Lewis is a Hall of Famer?

A

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    Grew up in Boston and live in half of the year in MD. I don't care I don't like the R-skins and I do like the Ravens. IF They played the Patriots you know who I'll be rooting for.

BTW do you think Ray Lewis is a Hall of Famer?

A

Longevity, possibly, but I don't have his numbers handy.
    model role model