Options

2008 Patriots

Comments

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    the trolls are out for a feeding ...

instead of slagging on other teams, why don't you boys grow a pair and actually support a team? Or is it just good for you to feed your internet egos on other teams' losses?
    I do support a team all the way. Battan stated the team he supports, so you are wrong there too. I'm happy that the obnoxious and arrogant fans can't say shit now. Until you get Brady back, it will be the same as it was today. I can't support a coach that would cheat to win games.
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Jellyrolls wrote:
    I do support a team all the way. Battan stated the team he supports, so you are wrong there too. I'm happy that the obnoxious and arrogant fans can't say shit now. Until you get Brady back, it will be the same as it was today. I can't support a coach that would cheat to win games.

it's one game ... a bad game, but one game ... whom do you support?

where's your posts showing your love?
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    Jellyrolls wrote:
    I can't support a coach that would cheat to win games.
    apparently you missed the 10+ articles on how all coaches cheat. does it make it oK? no
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:

instead of slagging on other teams, why don't you boys grow a pair and actually support a team? Or is it just good for you to feed your internet egos on other teams' losses?

I agree with you about Trolls showing up when things go bad. I hope there's no hypocrisy here though. Most Boston/NE fans have it coming, with a few exceptions. Some of you guys were awfully quick to hop on the Yankees thread, and do some trolling this summer. Not all, but quite a few.
  • Options
    I agree with you about Trolls showing up when things go bad. I hope there's no hypocrisy here though. Most Boston/NE fans have it coming, with a few exceptions. Some of you guys were awfully quick to hop on the Yankees thread, and do some trolling this summer. Not all, but quite a few.

indeed, I know there are Pats and Sox fans that act like idiots ... but, I hope I'm not viewed as one of them ... heck, check page one or two of the Giants 08 thread, I believe I'm in there giving the G-men their props, which I have done since the superbowl

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,138
    jimed14 wrote:
    indeed, I know there are Pats and Sox fans that act like idiots ... but, I hope I'm not viewed as one of them ... heck, check page one or two of the Giants 08 thread, I believe I'm in there giving the G-men their props, which I have done since the superbowl

Same here, I've given the Giants their much earned respect team bashing nonsense. If the Patriots hadn't cheated they would be none the same.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    Whizbang wrote:
    Hate watching bad football....and I sat through all of it! ugh....
    damn! what happened???
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    stickboy wrote:
    damn! what happened???

uhm...we stunk up the place??!?!!? yeah, that was it.

they had Cassel on the run or on his back, brought in O'Connell in the 4th. Their D fell apart, Miami ran all over them. I'll still stand by them, I stood by them during the years of the Two Toed Autistic Sloth Bledsoe...but today was down-right UGLY.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • Options
    Whizbang wrote:

they had Cassel on the run or on his back, brought in O'Connell in the 4th. Their D fell apart, Miami ran all over them. I'll still stand by them, I stood by them during the years of the Two Toed Autistic Sloth Bledsoe...but today was down-right UGLY.
    you might have to endure a few more two toed autistic sloth yrs! lol
    It's REBUILDING TIME! As a fan its the worst thing to face. I had to with my NY Rangers for like over 10 yrs but there comes a time where you have to start over again.
  • Options
    Whizbang wrote:

Worst part this all happened at home, but there's next. Who's next?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:

I've been a Dolphin Phan since 1971.Were you born yet?
    The bus came by and I got on!!!!!
  • Options
    battan1120 wrote:

Patriots fan since 1972 and I couldn't stand the Dolphins back then. I saw the one victory they had last year against the Ravens, mna you could sit anywhere in JR Stadium.

Peace

• Options
    g under p wrote:

Peace
    yea I heard the home team fans booed their own team!, lol
  • Options
    g under p wrote:

Peace

I know! you see that place emptying out? I think there was a lone Miami fan in the endzone seats on that last field goal. ugh....
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

• Options
    stickboy wrote:

I didn't hear the boo'ing but don't doubt it I guess....again, just some bad football....

I hear you on the rebuilding. I'm ok with it.....I think... :)

• Options
    battan1120 wrote:

yeah, sorry about that, it was the other guy who hasn't put anything towards an allegience anywhere ...

congrats on your win ...

(born in 71 ... so, I guess I've been a Pats fan since then ... ;) )

• Options
    stickboy wrote:

Not a far strech from the Jets booing their quarterback last year. That aside the Patriots played like shit today.

Peace

• Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Jellyrolls wrote:

This coward is all over the place. He HATES the Patriots, Lakers, and Yankees, but is no where to be found supporting a team.

Coward! Man up or fade away!
  • Options
    Whizbang wrote:
    I didn't hear the boo'ing but don't doubt it I guess....again, just some bad football....

I hear you on the rebuilding. I'm ok with it.....I think... :)
    i didn't hear it..i read it on the reports. Next yr is gonna tell wether or not NE is in rebuilding mode. IF Brady comes back fine and the team does well, then rebuilding can be put off for a few more yrs. If NOT tho, then theres gonna be problems all over the place. Trades, Free Agents signing elsewhere and possibly the end of Belichick era coming soon!
  • Options
    g under p wrote:
    Not a far strech from the Jets booing their quarterback last year. That aside the Patriots played like shit today.

Peace
    true. good point, but thats the Jets we are talking bout, lol

its a whole diff thing to hear the Pats getting booed at home! :eek:
  • Options
    Didn't the Jets fans, at home, *cheer* when Pennington got hurt?

there's true class.

• Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Man, the defense got smacked around BADLY. Cassel got rattled too. terrible game on both sides. :(
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,399
    ruh roh....I have NE in my suicide pool today.
    Ditto.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,399
    stickboy wrote:
    you might have to endure a few more two toed autistic sloth yrs! lol
    It's REBUILDING TIME! .
    One bad loss doesn't mean you're in a rebuilding mode.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    hartamh wrote:
    One Word PATHETIC!!!! I am a BIG Pats Fan, but WTF??

My bully friend Nelson just told me to tell you, "Ha-ha."
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,075
    so how long until ronnie brown is on the pats? (see welker, wes and morris, sammy)
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    One bad loss doesn't mean you're in a rebuilding mode.
    not talking about just one bad loss, I'm talking about everybody is getting older, (Harrison, Seymour, Morris, Bruschi, etc) You DON"T know how Brady is gonna bounce back from a major injury like this next yr and the team simply has no future prospects. AND if you read back everything I wrote, I said that if Brady DOES come back 100% and returns to his old form then REBUILDING will probably be put off for a few more yrs. It's all speculation but I'm just sayin...inevitably the teams gonna have to go thru it just like every great franchise in sports does. It's the price you pay for finishing on top every yr and it shows in the draft big time.
    Theres only one team thats been able to sustain that ''ELITE" status and perhaps even a dynasty and I dont know HOW the hell they do it..but thats the Detroit Red Wings! They finish first EVERY yr almost have won a good share of cups since 95-96 and yet...their prospects keep coming out to be superstars yr after yr! (Holmstrom, Franzen, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, etc) :confused:
  • Options
    JSBE wrote:
    so how long until ronnie brown is on the pats? (see welker, wes and morris, sammy)

No chance. This Dolphins management group is far smarter than the previous crews that have roamed the hallways before them.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,075
    No chance. This Dolphins management group is far smarter than the previous crews that have roamed the hallways before them.

i know. it was a joke. it just seems that all the players that have good games against the pats end up playing for the pats.
  • Options
    JSBE wrote:
    i know. it was a joke. it just seems that all the players that have good games against the pats end up playing for the pats.

That's why I didn't know the difference. Being a Dolphins fan for all these years and having to watch Wes Welker tear it up last year was painful.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.