Options

2008 Patriots

Comments

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,138
    Nitro wrote:
    Like many NY fans I know...run their mouths BEFORE the game and feel foolish after...
    Maybe Boston fans can be a-holes, but usually it's after the game.

Seriously now where is SpreadtheJam I hope he's alright.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,075
    not that i would expect anything less from joey porter:

"I just know he's not a Tom Brady," Porter said. "So if it's not Tom Brady, it shouldn't be that hard."

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/09/porter_cassel_n.html
  • Options
    JSBE wrote:
    not that i would expect anything less from joey porter:

"I just know he's not a Tom Brady," Porter said. "So if it's not Tom Brady, it shouldn't be that hard."

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/09/porter_cassel_n.html

Does he remember that the Patriots have lost as many games as his team has won in the past year?
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    jimed14 wrote:
    another day ... another bump for SpreadtheJam to man up and admit he was completely wrong ...

another page, let's remind everyone what was said ...

haha! love the post....as you all know from my sig i don't particularly like the Pats, or any other AFC East division rival for that matter...back in the 90's it was the Dolphins. every time Bryan Cox ran his mouth i couldn't wait until the Bills faced, and usually wooped, the Dolphins asses. the Jets, well they were never too intimidating or much of a threat.

anway....

i love how people are all over the Jets because of Favre....it has nothing to do with any of the other additions...their supposed 'beefed up O-line', 'much improved D', blah blah blah....all because Favre people think the Jets are going to win the East and possibly go to the 'Bowl. give it up. Favre will soon realize what a mistake he made.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    haha! love the post....as you all know from my sig i don't particularly like the Pats, or any other AFC East division rival for that matter...back in the 90's it was the Dolphins. every time Bryan Cox ran his mouth i couldn't wait until the Bills faced, and usually wooped, the Dolphins asses. the Jets, well they were never too intimidating or much of a threat.

anway....

i love how people are all over the Jets because of Favre....it has nothing to do with any of the other additions...their supposed 'beefed up O-line', 'much improved D', blah blah blah....all because Favre people think the Jets are going to win the East and possibly go to the 'Bowl. give it up. Favre will soon realize what a mistake he made.

It's kind of scary the guy hasn't shown up anywhere, I hope he's all right.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    g under p wrote:
    It's kind of scary the guy hasn't shown up anywhere, I hope he's all right.

Peace

he's been posting the AMT forum ... he's fine, just embarassed to show his face ... hopefully he'll come back before the rematch.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    jimed14 wrote:
    he's been posting the AMT forum ... he's fine, just embarassed to show his face ... hopefully he'll come back before the rematch.
    hopefully the jets show up for the rematch as well
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    edit - it was Kimmel who said it ... I thought you meant Kobe ....

Kimmel was just bustin' balls as Dicky Barrett of the Mighty Might Bosstones is his emcee and Bill Simmons (Boston Sports Guy) used to write for his show

Thank you letting me know. I do not watch the show on a regular basis. And yes I apologize that I did not specify that it was Kimmel who siad that statement not Kobe. All the same, just hearing it was just gross.

I look forward to today's game. I am excited to watch it. I think I am going to bring the radio outside and play football with the boys while we wait for hubby to get home from work. It's going to be a classic late summer/fall type day in New England. What a wonderful day to play football!
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    P-a-t-s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    battan1120 wrote:
    Mercury Morris said it best when he said that the Patriots were circling the block and still had to reach the driveway to get in....for the perfect season.Still one team and thats my team that went perfect.To win all yours games and lose the Super Bowl was a total failure on the Patriots part.Nothin' left to do but SMILE SMILE SMILE!!!!!!!!!!

That was 1972. 36 years is a long time. Oh, and the Dolphins and Pats play today and watch Matt Cassell shut up the big mouth of Joey Porter. See who's better on the field. I think my old high school team could beat the Dolphins of today. After Marino, the Dolphins became a joke. Sorry.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    Hope the Patriots can open up the offense today. It's going to be hot out there.

Peace

• Options
    Rolling with the C Game thus far. Hope they can step it up in the 2nd half.
  • Options
    ruh roh....I have NE in my suicide pool today.
  • Options
    ruh roh....I have NE in my suicide pool today.

Sorry Hellfish. They look like a pop warner team.

Dolphins can do no wrong and we can do no right.
  • Options
    JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,075
    wow. this is an absolute pathetic embarrassment. belichick and the pats d are asleep at the wheel. hell, they're not even in the damn car.

i can see getting burned by the direct snap to ronnie brown maybe twice - once one a run and once on the pass to fasano - but FIVE DAMN TIMES?!?!?!? geez. props to the dolphins for exploiting a weak spot again and again and again.

and that "sack" against cassel in the first quarter was f'ing horrible. cassel was 'all wrapped up' for about two seconds before he broke out of it.
  • Options
    while Cassell hasn't looked that great, this loss is clearly on the defense ... some inovative play claling by Miami, but, not enough that the defense should look THIS flat.

well, at least Buffalo is losing to Oakland ...

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    almost as bad...I have Ronnie Brown in one of my money leagues....and he's on my bench. He's got 36 points, the 4 guys I have active that are playing now have 20
  • Options
    almost as bad...I have Ronnie Brown in one of my money leagues....and he's on my bench. He's got 36 points, the 4 guys I have active that are playing now have 20

yeah, when I heard Ronnie Brown was starting today, I checked some of my leagues to see if he was available, but, admittedly, it was only to stash on my bench, I wouldn't have started him ... I'm sure a lot of people have this performance sitting on their bench.

• Options
    Kevin O'Connell coming in!

I think it's more to preserve Cassell from getting killed.

• Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Man that was ugly!!! Very disappointing.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    Buffalo came back on Oakland, not a huge shock ...

bye week is MUCH needed to figure some stuff out.

• Options
    I didn't see the game and I'm glad I didn't. However I'm sure my lady is loving how the Phins played today.

Peace

• Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    I have to agree with Cropduster82 when he said that after Marino left, the Dolphins were a joke. With all the coaching changes and fine players that were traded away in Miami - Dolphin fans have suffered greatly over the past several years.

But I gotta say that beating the New England "team" (as Belichick likes to call the Pats with Brady out) in their stadium makes up for a lot of sorrowful Sundays spent by us Dolphin fans. Two, hundred yard rushers? (Williams had 98-close enough) We haven't had that since the 60's with Czonka and Kick!! :D

Made MY Sunday....
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    Danimal wrote:
    Man that was ugly!!! Very disappointing.

Hate watching bad football....and I sat through all of it! ugh....
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • Options
    weenie wrote:
    I have to agree with Cropduster82 when he said that after Marino left, the Dolphins were a joke. With all the coaching changes and fine players that were traded away in Miami - Dolphin fans have suffered greatly over the past several years.

But I gotta say that beating the New England "team" (as Belichick likes to call the Pats with Brady out) in their stadium makes up for a lot of sorrowful Sundays spent by us Dolphin fans. Two, hundred yard rushers? (Williams had 98-close enough) We haven't had that since the 60's with Czonka and Kick!! :D

Made MY Sunday....

I'm sorry to the Pat fans, but I gotta say going to espn.com and seeing the score totally made my day. I was expecting that score only for the PATS. I love the Phins but I'm a realist too. I know we still have a long way to go, but this is a nice morale boost for the guys AND us fans.

We've equaled last years record on week 3 :) (took us what 14 weeks to do this last summer). I predicted to a friend that we'd win 4-5 games this year...and I still think that's totally attainable.
    I think the Pats will bounce back just fine. I mean all winning streaks need to end some time and damn 21 games...that's impressive.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    wow...glad i just acquired Randy Moss in a trade...

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    Suck it NE. The days of thinking you are the best at football are over.

I hope Bill Bellicheck is crying right now. He deserves to lose every game.
  • Options
    There is a Football God.I went to 6 Flags today thinking that my Dolphins had no chance.I missed a good game.
    The bus came by and I got on!!!!!
  • Options
    Jellyrolls wrote:
    Suck it NE. The days of thinking you are the best at football are over.

I hope Bill Bellicheck is crying right now. He deserves to lose every game.
    battan1120 wrote:
    There is a Football God.I went to 6 Flags today thinking that my Dolphins had no chance.I missed a good game.

the trolls are out for a feeding ...

instead of slagging on other teams, why don't you boys grow a pair and actually support a team? Or is it just good for you to feed your internet egos on other teams' losses?