2008 Patriots

Comments

• DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    J-o-k-e-s

Jokes
    Jokes
    Jokes
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,076
    pats win. jets lose.

solid game by cassel. that's all he has to do in my eyes. as the weeks go by he'll get comfortable and familiar with the offense and vice versa.

and got to love that sack/tackle of favre/washington by thomas.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    JSBE wrote:
    pats win. jets lose.

solid game by cassel. that's all he has to do in my eyes. as the weeks go by he'll get comfortable and familiar with the offense and vice versa.

You do remember how the RAVENS won a super bowl, limit the mistakes on offense and make the defense win the game for ya. Only the PATRIOTS don't quite have that kind of defense as yet.

Great game today in Hostile territory.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• J-e-t-s

Suck
    Suck
    Suck
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    g under p wrote:
    You do remember how the RAVENS won a super bowl, limit the mistakes on offense and make the defense win the game for ya. Only the PATRIOTS don't quite have that kind of defense as yet.

Great game today in Hostile territory.

Peace

huge AFC east win ... *HUGE*
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    See my signature, see my signature! I got faith in this kid Matt Cassel all along. I can see him lightin' up the stats when mid-season rolls around.

To honest though, I like the fact that New England is the underdogs now and nobody is giving us a chance at all, there's a lot of energy.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
    LongRd. wrote:
    See my signature, see my signature! I got faith in this kid Matt Cassel all along. I can see him lightin' up the stats when mid-season rolls around.

To honest though, I like the fact that New England is the underdogs now and nobody is giving us a chance at all, there's a lot of energy.

nice!

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    LongRd. wrote:

exactly. good game for us underdogs now. Yup, Cassel spent some time on his ass...to be expected for the young lad....but overall a solid game in my eyes.

where's stickboy???? :D
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
    g under p wrote:
    I get the feeling as the season goes along and when the Patriots win you non fans will Faaaaaaade Awaaaaaay. However for now have at it.

Hearts and Thoughts

I seem to recognize your face
    Haunting familiar here
    I can't seem to place it
    Can I find a candle of thought
    To light your name
    Lifetimes are catchin' on
    with me

All these changes takin place
    I wish I'd seen the place
    but no one's ever taken me

Hearts and thoughts they fade
    fade away
    hearts and thoughts they fade
    fade away

I swear I recognize your breath
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raisin'
    you wouldnt recall...
    are not my fault
    it's hard when you're stuck upon
    the shelf

I changed by not changin' at all
    small time predicts my face
    perhaps that what no one wants to see
    I just wanna scream
    HELLO!

By God it's been so long
    never dreamed you'd return!
    but now here you are
    and here I am

my hearts and thoughts they fade
    away

fade away
    fade away

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaway
    fade away

fade away
    fade away

and Ben Harper's

"FADED"

You so easily amuse
    like a pantomime
    such a silent crime

You so easily abuse
    lack of confidence
    it's your best offense

You so easily confuse
    you can't deny it
    still you try to hide it

Faded
    so faded
    like a memory gone
    there's no recollection
    Faded
    so faded
    like a forgotten dream
    further than it seems

You so hastily defy
    when you think you need it
    you find a way to bleed it

You so hastily deny
    pleading innocence
    it's your best defense

You so hastily reply
    the moment that you said it
    already regret it

Faded
    so faded
    like a memory gone
    there's no recollection
    Faded
    so faded
    like a forgotten dream
    further than it seems

Peace

OK where is he SpreadtheJAM? Be the first to man up dude. :D

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Whizbang wrote:

he was already on and he'll be back. he's good to his word...but remember, he's a giants fan so he could care less about the j-e-t-s.
    All right 2 down 14 to go who's next?

Peace

i was really hoping that the colts were going to lose today, but they made a nice comeback.

chargers are now 0-2. jags are now 0-2. it is obviously early, but still nice to see.
    JSBE wrote:
    i was really hoping that the colts were going to lose today, but they made a nice comeback.

chargers are now 0-2. jags are now 0-2. it is obviously early, but still nice to see.

Wait the Chargers lost?

Peace

g under p wrote:
    Wait the Chargers lost?

Peace

the Chargers got comepletely hosed by an early whistle ... form Ed Hochuli no less.

JSBE wrote:
    he was already on and he'll be back. he's good to his word...but remember, he's a giants fan so he could care less about the j-e-t-s.

oh, I know. I've got nothing but mad love for him, he knows that...even after the SuperBowl, I still love him. :) Just some friendly ribbing is all. He knows me enough to know I don't talk trash but I'll gloat for a little while tonight. Next week is a whole new game.....
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

Whizbang wrote:
    oh, I know. I've got nothing but mad love for him, he knows that...even after the SuperBowl, I still love him. :) Just some friendly ribbing is all. He knows me enough to know I don't talk trash but I'll gloat for a little while tonight. Next week is a whole new game.....

The BILLS are slowly becoming the team to beat in the EAST.

Peace

g under p wrote:

Peace
    Yeah, this coming off a development season last year. They were rotating between Losman and Edwards, looks like they made the right call on Edwards.

I think they're making the playoffs thruogh the wildcard this season.
  • LongRd. wrote:
    Yeah, this coming off a development season last year. They were rotating between Losman and Edwards, looks like they made the right call on Edwards.

I think they're making the playoffs thruogh the wildcard this season.
    I FUCKIN LOVE YOUR SIG!!!!
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
    I FUCKIN LOVE YOUR SIG!!!!
    I had it since last weekend and gonna keep it through the whole season.
    Even thought his numbers didn't look outstanding, he still outplayed Favre. :p
    g under p wrote:

Peace

I don't doubt that but only caught the highlights today.

• stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    Whizbang wrote:
    exactly. good game for us underdogs now. Yup, Cassel spent some time on his ass...to be expected for the young lad....but overall a solid game in my eyes.

hahahahah. You know if I'm not here I had to run and take care of shit...Thanx JSBE, you know the deal :D

so ok, I left after the Feely missed FG...what happened? I just got in and checking for highlights

Please don't let Cassels be the next Brady...please? I can't deal with another one lol
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,650
    JSBE wrote:

That was a thing of beauty.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • This is what I think

I am saddened by the amount of hurtful comments and headlines made within NY newspapers, companies making shirts with Brandy's number crossed out, hearing and reading people actually cheering that Brady was hurt. I am just thrown back and I just shake my head. Being a New England sports fan, honestly if it were your QB or your favorite player I would pay respests to your team and fan base and feel the loss of your player.

For example I honestly felt for Jeter went flying into the stands going after that ball a couple years back. When Kevin Stevens of the Pitts Penquins face planted with no shield. When, I think Palmer, Cincinati's QB?, I am so not sure of the name. But it was a very important game and their QB got hurt, I want to say against the Seahawks. Regardless of the athlete, all I can say is wow.

Here's my take on how this season is going to play out. This is gong to sound crazy. But I think this was the season Tom was suppose to have. He was meant to mentor someone else to give as well as get another perspective. It will make Tom a better player.. It will make Cassell obviously a better player. Today being 100% improvement to his career for just being able to start.

Cassell is the 1st QB to be beat Farve when it's their 1st NFL start. We also have won the last 20 regular season games. That's something to be proud of. I'm happy. I'm nervous too. But I know that every Sunday I am showing up and I am cheering for them no matter what!
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    momofglynn wrote:
    This is what I think

I am saddened by the amount of hurtful comments and headlines made within NY newspapers, companies making shirts with Brandy's number crossed out, hearing and reading people actually cheering that Brady was hurt. I am just thrown back and I just shake my head. Being a New England sports fan, honestly if it were your QB or your favorite player I would pay respests to your team and fan base and feel the loss of your player.

For example I honestly felt for Jeter went flying into the stands going after that ball a couple years back. When Kevin Stevens of the Pitts Penquins face planted with no shield. When, I think Palmer, Cincinati's QB?, I am so not sure of the name. But it was a very important game and their QB got hurt, I want to say against the Seahawks. Regardless of the athlete, all I can say is wow.

Here's my take on how this season is going to play out. This is gong to sound crazy. But I think this was the season Tom was suppose to have. He was meant to mentor someone else to give as well as get another perspective. It will make Tom a better player.. It will make Cassell obviously a better player. Today being 100% improvement to his career for just being able to start.

Cassell is the 1st QB to be beat Farve when it's their 1st NFL start. We also have won the last 20 regular season games. That's something to be proud of. I'm happy. I'm nervous too. But I know that every Sunday I am showing up and I am cheering for them no matter what!

Nice post MomofGlynn. Thanks.
  • stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    momofglynn wrote:
    This is what I think

ah, don't take it so seriously. You know how the NY media dramatizes everything anyways. It's all a bit overblown, and besides its all part of the rivalry. I think if you ask any NY'er to answer you honestly, I think they'd tell you they felt his pain and hope he gets better soon. My boys who are Jets fan wanted to beat the Pats today WITH him so don't believe the hype too much. And like I said when the shit talking happens its all part of the game and rivalry. Like me...I like to instigate (obviously :p) but I mean no harm really..I like bringing out the best in people. Lemme see that PASSION! :D
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Wilds wrote:
    Nice post MomofGlynn. Thanks.

Thanks. I have been a fan when there were not very many things to cheer about. I love all sports. I love my home town teams the best.

I am also going to say this. Did Dan Marino actual give the Patriots/Cassell credit today?? I want to say that it's the 1st time I have actually heard the half time guys give postive feedback in our direction is a long time. People really hate the New England Patriots nationwide don't they? I just don't get it.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    momofglynn wrote:
    Thanks. I have been a fan when there were not very many things to cheer about. I love all sports. I love my home town teams the best.

I am also going to say this. Did Dan Marino actual give the Patriots/Cassell credit today?? I want to say that it's the 1st time I have actually heard the half time guys give postive feedback in our direction is a long time. People really hate the New England Patriots nationwide don't they? I just don't get it.

To be hated really means that you are the best. It is a compliment really.

Think of the Cowboys, the Lakers, The Yankees, and the Red Sox. All great, all hated.

But it bothers me sometimes as well.

As for Marino giving us credit.... he has been holding it in since Brady took over, so I guess he needed to exhale and found his opportunity with Cassell. :D
  • Wilds wrote:
    To be hated really means that you are the best. It is a compliment really.

Think of the Cowboys, the Lakers, The Yankees, and the Red Sox. All great, all hated.

But it bothers me sometimes as well.

As for Marino giving us credit.... he has been holding it in since Brady took over, so I guess he needed to exhale and found his opportunity with Cassell. :D

Hahahaha.

I was starting to cook dinner. I was cutting veggies. When I just over heard the "guys" talking. And there is was. Dan Marino giving a little love and support to Cassell. Made me chuckle.
    Let's Go Red Sox!