Options

2008 Patriots

1161718192022»

Comments

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    RAVENS up 14-0 and I can't stand the R-skins especially around here. i hope they get pouned tonight.

A
    DONT SAY THAT!!

We need them to win.!!!!!!!!. :p:D
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    g under p wrote:

BTW do you think Ray Lewis is a Hall of Famer?

Several defensive player of the year awards, about what, 10 pro bowls? and a superbowl MVP ... I don't think there's even a question. 1st ballot.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    jimed14 wrote:
    Several defensive player of the year awards, about what, 10 pro bowls? and a superbowl MVP ... I don't think there's even a question. 1st ballot.
    do you think the murder trial will deter the first ballot selection?

definitely a HOFer nonetheless.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    LongRd. wrote:
    do you think the murder trial will deter the first ballot selection?

definitely a HOFer nonetheless.

the fact that he does so many commercials, including those promoting the NFL, no, I don't.

Right or wrong ... they stopped caring about that years ago.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    The very next year when Ray Lewis won the Super Bowl and MVP he put that trial episode to rest real quick.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    bumping this up in the new forum ...

indeed, it is quite possible they miss the playoffs as an 11-5 team.

Shouldn't have blown that game against the Colts.

• Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    jimed14 wrote:
    bumping this up in the new forum ...

indeed, it is quite possible they miss the playoffs as an 11-5 team.

Shouldn't have blown that game against the Colts.
    Cool, thanks for bumping it up.

Why didn't all the quotes/posts show up?
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Well, here it ends. Not a disappointing season considering but, man, 11-5 and no post season. Cassell did fuckin awesome in my opinion and hopefully if Brady is healthy enough, he will prosper as a starting QB with another team. Just not the Jets, please.

BTW, glad to hear Mangina got the boot from the Jets. Hope they can nab Cowher out of the broadcast booth. Would love to see his smug face again when the pats whoop him.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Does anyone think that Brady will be with the Pat's next season? :lol:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    Does anyone think that Brady will be with the Pat's next season? :lol:

yes, but, possibly a second stringer as he recovers from the knee issues .... rumors are abound that the Pats are going to put the franchise tag on Cassel ... nothing like spending 20% of your cap money on TWO QBs ... :o

• Options
    Just saw an interview with Matt Cassell ... paraphrasing ...

"This is Tom's team, I am ok to continue learning behind Tom as it will help my career ... "

I assume he means, he's ok as a back up as long as he's franchised and getting $13M a year on the bench.

But, good to see he's a team player.

They showed Cassel's stats in his 1st 15 starts and put them next to Brady's ... remarkably similar .... granted, Brady had much less of an offense to work with back in '01.

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:

"This is Tom's team, I am ok to continue learning behind Tom as it will help my career ... "

I assume he means, he's ok as a back up as long as he's franchised and getting $13M a year on the bench.

I wonder if he said that because it's the right thing to say or if he really feels that way.

This off-season would be his best shot at getting a big contract and I wonder if deep down he wishes he could test the market.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:

I wonder if he said that because it's the right thing to say or if he really feels that way.

This off-season would be his best shot at getting a big contract and I wonder if deep down he wishes he could test the market.

It was a video, and he looked pretty genuine saying it. Not Dew Bledsoe circa 2001 saying he'd do anything for the team ... when, you KNOW he was burning inside.

Cassell seems like a class act.

• Options
    Former Globe reporter, and ESPN analyst Michael Smith is stating that Brady's rehab is going well ... he's running on the treadmill for extended periods of time and jumping rope ... so, he should be ready to go for pre-season.

Seriously, this is awesome news.

With this ... he expects the Pats to both put the franchise tag on Cassell, and then, trade him.

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    New England/Boston sports is looking up and the Patriots will be back in full force. TB will surely make a difference in 2009/10 and I can't wait for when they take down the Dolphins and take back the division.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,514
    ted johnson is the lead story on cnn.com right now!!!!
  • Options
    Patriots announced that they'll wear their throwback jerseys 3 times next year, including the opener against Buffalo ... Brady should be good to go ... giddy up ...

brady_tom1128.jpg