2008 Patriots

Comments

• stickboy wrote:
    I wonder when the last time the Jets were 2 and 0 and the Pats 1 and 1 was

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    damn, 21 yrs later its about to happen again, lol
    well maybe

who's favored and by how many points anyways?
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • stickboy wrote:
    well maybe

jets by 2.5/3 - given that the oddsmakers give 3 points for home they are basically calling the teams even.

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,076
    stickboy wrote:
    well maybe

i like how you've added "well maybe" over the last 24 hours. way to cover yourself from any possible embarassment on sunday. i mean, you were so overly confident that the jets were going to beat the pats yesterday.

right now the opening line is between 2 and 2.5 points with the jets as favorites. the over/under is between 36 and 37 points.

i wonder how much the pats would have been favored with brady?
    JSBE wrote:
    i like how you've added "well maybe" over the last 24 hours. way to cover yourself from any possible embarassment on sunday. i mean, you were so overly confident that the jets were going to beat the pats yesterday.

right now the opening line is between 2 and 2.5 points with the jets as favorites. the over/under is between 36 and 37 points.

i wonder how much the pats would have been favored with brady?
    again....understand... I am NOT a jets fan..win or lose why would I be embarrased? Ive lost many bets before after shit talking and Im sure I'll lose more in the future. God knows if I keep betting on games like the Chargers against the Panthers this week, I'll keep geting my ass kicked!

ok, so even as a Pats fan. Say you're betting to win as a football fan..you don't take that bet?? I like the jets all day with that line!! Easy money. The o/u is kinda tough. Score should be similar to this weeks Jets Dolphins game so I wouldn't or rarely ever touch the over unders.
    stickboy wrote:
    again....understand... I am NOT a jets fan..win or lose why would I be embarrased? Ive lost many bets before after shit talking and Im sure I'll lose more in the future. God knows if I keep betting on games like the Chargers against the Panthers this week, I'll keep geting my ass kicked!

ok, so even as a Pats fan. Say you're betting to win as a football fan..you don't take that bet?? I like the jets all day with that line!! Easy money. The o/u is kinda tough. Score should be similar to this weeks Jets Dolphins game so I wouldn't or rarely ever touch the over unders.

i keep forgetting you're a giants fan, but if the pats win, hopefully you'll still stop by the thread and admit you were wrong.

i'm not an actual betting man at all, but if i was, i would honestly still pick the pats with the points. the jets are still the jets until they prove otherwise (i mean, they barely beat the powerhouse that is the dolphins, who were 1-15 last year) and favre is still favre, meaning he's just a gunslinger, albeit a very good one. although, he did it with 16 years on the packers where he ran the show, but when he only knows a chunk of the jets playbook...that's not good.

from peter king's mmqb column: "a couple of times, i just winged it and said, 'hey guys, same play.' ok, ready, break, whatever.'' oh brett, so cute, playing like he's in that stupid wrangler jeans commercial, except in a real game. i'm sure coles and cotchery were giggling like little school girls.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,650
    stickboy wrote:
    ..and even in the PLAYOFFS they barely beat Indy and the Chargers) .
    Well lets see, they didn't play Indy...they beat Jacksonville 31-20 and San Diego 21-12, both games by 2 scores, so hardly "barely", but don't let facts get in the way of your argument.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier wrote:
    Well lets see, they didn't play Indy...they beat Jacksonville 31-20 and San Diego 21-12, both games by 2 scores, so hardly "barely", but don't let facts get in the way of your argument.
    sorry I meant Indy in that big 1st regular season matchup that was so hyped. Both teams looked lackluster. And Jax was in the game for a while...made it interesting enough at least untl the patsies ran away with it. They didn't look impressive against the chargers either, but whatever. Good teams find ways to win, and you guys did. ;)
    JSBE wrote:
    i keep forgetting you're a giants fan, but if the pats win, hopefully you'll still stop by the thread and admit you were wrong.

i'm not an actual betting man at all, but if i was, i would honestly still pick the pats with the points. the jets are still the jets until they prove otherwise (i mean, they barely beat the powerhouse that is the dolphins, who were 1-15 last year) and favre is still favre, meaning he's just a gunslinger, albeit a very good one. although, he did it with 16 years on the packers where he ran the show, but when he only knows a chunk of the jets playbook...that's not good.

from peter king's mmqb column: "a couple of times, i just winged it and said, 'hey guys, same play.' ok, ready, break, whatever.'' oh brett, so cute, playing like he's in that stupid wrangler jeans commercial, except in a real game. i'm sure coles and cotchery were giggling like little school girls.
    I have no problem Manning up and giving you guys props if you pull off a win against the jets this wknd. I just look at it realistically tho and see that Favre has so many more weapons than he ever had on the Packers his whole career. He never had this many guys to throw the ball to or hand off to in one single season. You have to admit, Jones can be a beast this yr adding some TD's to his 1100 yds and the fact that he's got Coles, Cotchery, Franks, Washington and perhaps even this Stuckey kid, who knows what kind of numbers this team is gonna put up. It's still early so I kinda understand the whole playbook thing but damn..when these guys get this shit down Pat..its gonna be a wrap in the afc east. Just an honest prediction, thats all
  • stickboy wrote:
    I have no problem Manning up and giving you guys props if you pull off a win against the jets this wknd. I just look at it realistically tho and see that Favre has so many more weapons than he ever had on the Packers his whole career. He never had this many guys to throw the ball to or hand off to in one single season. You have to admit, Jones can be a beast this yr adding some TD's to his 1100 yds and the fact that he's got Coles, Cotchery, Franks, Washington and perhaps even this Stuckey kid, who knows what kind of numbers this team is gonna put up. It's still early so I kinda understand the whole playbook thing but damn..when these guys get this shit down Pat..its gonna be a wrap in the afc east. Just an honest prediction, thats all

Hugh? Sharp, Chmura, Howard, J. Walker, A. Green, Franks, Driver, Grant, Henderson, Jennings, plus so many other great players in GB he had.

You got to be kidding.
    "This guy back here is giving me the ole one more....one more back to you buddy."

- Mr. Edward Vedder 7/11/03

Hugh? Sharp, Chmura, Howard, J. Walker, A. Green, Franks, Driver, Grant, Henderson, Jennings, plus so many other great players in GB he had.

You got to be kidding.

i was going to say, but you beat me to it. last year favre lead the pack to a 13-3 record and had an awesome wideout combo of driver and jennings (with james jones a nice 3rd wr). he also had ryan grant in the backfield and donald lee was a solid te.

You got to be kidding.
    yea but not all in one season. Thats what I meant. He had 3 maybe 4 good guys. This Jets team is loaded...and the defense he's got and the jets overall is sick.

I don't disagree about abovementioned players..theyre all phenomenal but they all came yrs apart.
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    stickboy wrote:

Crotchery is about the only guy he can count on. Coles has a lingering injury, Franks is washed up....and wait until Jones actually faces a good run D.

a reality check will soon hit the Jets hard.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
    brainofPJ wrote:
    Crotchery is about the only guy he can count on. Coles has a lingering injury, Franks is washed up....and wait until Jones actually faces a good run D.

a reality check will soon hit the Jets hard.
    I guess.

we'll see, they still seem like they can produce tho, injuries, washed up or what not. Favre should be washed up too at like 50 yrs old but he was top 5 QB last yr
    stickboy wrote:
    I guess.

we'll see, they still seem like they can produce tho, injuries, washed up or what not. Favre should be washed up too at like 50 yrs old but he was top 5 QB last yr

he's Brett Favre. he's never going to be washed up....well, maybe this season.

brainofPJ wrote:
    he's Brett Favre. he's never going to be washed up....well, maybe this season.
    hahah, the rivals sure hope so! :D
  • stickboy wrote:
    yea but not all in one season. Thats what I meant. He had 3 maybe 4 good guys. This Jets team is loaded...and the defense he's got and the jets overall is sick.

I don't disagree about abovementioned players..theyre all phenomenal but they all came yrs apart.

they don't have one pro-bowl type receiver or back? how is Favre "loaded"?
    "This guy back here is giving me the ole one more....one more back to you buddy."

- Mr. Edward Vedder 7/11/03

they don't have one pro-bowl type receiver or back? how is Favre "loaded"?
    maybe not pro bowlers but theyre still capable enough to produce big time.
    stickboy wrote:
    hahah, the rivals sure hope so! :D

i'm a Bills fan...

brainofPJ wrote:
    i'm a Bills fan...
    I think you guys are gonna be a pretty nasty team too. ;) I wouldn't sleep on them
    stickboy wrote:
    I think you guys are gonna be a pretty nasty team too. ;) I wouldn't sleep on them

i just hope they fly under the radar...

going to be hard to do now that it's the New England Cassels. the East is all about the Bills and Jets now

brainofPJ wrote:
    i just hope they fly under the radar...

going to be hard to do now that it's the New England Cassels. the East is all about the Bills and Jets now
    well they almost fell under with me too until I saw their lineup during my fantasy draft. I think Trent's gonna have a good yr too. Plenty of weapons on their team as well. It's gonna be a dogfight even for a wildcard let alone the title
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    I think it's kind of cool that they're more fans of football teams posting here that ARE NOT Patriot fans. :)

Keep it going

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    I think it's kind of cool that they're more fans of football teams posting here that ARE NOT Patriot fans. :)

Keep it going

Peace
    we LOOVVVVVE the Patsies! :D
  • stickboy wrote:
    go read what schill said,... kinda sums you up :p

kidding. dont shoot.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
    go read what schill said,... kinda sums you up :p

kidding. dont shoot.
    lmao

you say that like I would actually listen or care about what he says.

I think Curt worries about us too much. He should worry about what team he's gonna milk next for more money the Pavano way
  • stickboy wrote:
    lmao

you say that like I would actually listen or care about what he says.

I think Curt worries about us too much. He should worry about what team he's gonna milk next for more money the Pavano way
    i cant fuckin stand schill. no one can. sure his off the work field is great. he just needs to shut the fuck up.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
    i cant fuckin stand schill. no one can. sure his off the work field is great. he just needs to shut the fuck up.
    don't worry, he'll be gone soon and rendered pretty much irrelevant

until he starts his political career then we gotta listen to his bullshit again
    g under p wrote:

Keep it going
    stickboy wrote:

I get the feeling as the season goes along and when the Patriots win you non fans will Faaaaaaade Awaaaaaay. However for now have at it.

Hearts and Thoughts

I seem to recognize your face
    Haunting familiar here
    I can't seem to place it
    Can I find a candle of thought
    To light your name
    Lifetimes are catchin' on
    with me

All these changes takin place
    I wish I'd seen the place
    but no one's ever taken me

Hearts and thoughts they fade
    fade away
    hearts and thoughts they fade
    fade away

I swear I recognize your breath
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raisin'
    you wouldnt recall...
    are not my fault
    it's hard when you're stuck upon
    the shelf

I changed by not changin' at all
    small time predicts my face
    perhaps that what no one wants to see
    I just wanna scream
    HELLO!

By God it's been so long
    never dreamed you'd return!
    but now here you are
    and here I am

my hearts and thoughts they fade
    away

fade away
    fade away

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaway
    fade away

fade away
    fade away

and Ben Harper's

"FADED"

You so easily amuse
    like a pantomime
    such a silent crime

You so easily abuse
    lack of confidence
    it's your best offense

You so easily confuse
    you can't deny it
    still you try to hide it

Faded
    so faded
    like a memory gone
    there's no recollection
    Faded
    so faded
    like a forgotten dream
    further than it seems

You so hastily defy
    when you think you need it
    you find a way to bleed it

You so hastily deny
    pleading innocence
    it's your best defense

You so hastily reply
    the moment that you said it
    already regret it

Faded
    so faded
    like a memory gone
    there's no recollection
    Faded
    so faded
    like a forgotten dream
    further than it seems

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Agreed he just won't shut up.

Peace