Options

2008 Patriots

Comments

• Options
    brainofjbbrainofjb Boston Posts: 381
    i know tons of ppl are happy that their teams finally have a chance now that Brady is out.

WE are talking about a person's career here! IT is very sad and I feel bad for Tom Brady.
    That injury is not only keeping him out for the season but It is a hard injury to come back with at any time.
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
  • Options
    brainofjb wrote:
    i know tons of ppl are happy that their teams finally have a chance now that Brady is out.

WE are talking about a person's career here! IT is very sad and I feel bad for Tom Brady.
    That injury is not only keeping him out for the season but It is a hard injury to come back with at any time.

It's a sad blow for football, Brady has already made himself a legend in such a short time he was well on course to become the best QB ever.
    It's not just about getting back to health, it's about being able to play with the same form he had after recovery.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,831
    Danimal wrote:
    Hate hate hate

You got that fucking right.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,135
    You got that fucking right.

Good for you please enjoy your condition of squaller. :)

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007
    brainofjb wrote:

not true at all...

talk to any doctor..

Today's torn ACL recovery has the patient back on their feet and in aggressive cycling rehab within weeks of surgery..

Don't get me wrong.. he is out for the season..

But Brady will be back next season in strong form..

no doubt..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Maybe this will make sense to you - Cassel never threw a TD in college. Make sense now? Good luck guys.

and brady split time at QB through much of his time in college ... and was taken 199th in the draft ... 199th!

don't pretend that everything that happens in college translates to what happens in the pros .... it's not that simple an arguement.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    locked wrote:
    not true at all...

talk to any doctor..

Today's torn ACL recovery has the patient back on their feet and in aggressive cycling rehab within weeks of surgery..

Don't get me wrong.. he is out for the season..

But Brady will be back next season in strong form..

no doubt..

The thing is it's not know if it was just an ACL or if there was more damage in the knee than that. He may or may not be in strong form next year, it's hard to tell. Brady is 31 right now which means he'll be 32 next season coming off of major knee surgery.

We'd have a better idea if it was know what kind of damage was done.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    and brady split time at QB through much of his time in college ... and was taken 199th in the draft ... 199th!

don't pretend that everything that happens in college translates to what happens in the pros .... it's not that simple an arguement.

Right, I agree. And like I said - you guys hit the lottery, and you'll probably never see a guy go that low in the draft turn out the way Brady did ever again.
  • Options
    Right, I agree. And like I said - you guys hit the lottery, and you'll probably never see a guy go that low in the draft turn out the way Brady did ever again.

How about Tomy Romo? Not even drafted.

Happens and will continue to happen.

Pats go 10-6 win the AFC East. Hope things go there way and they step up like 2001. Wildcard teams have been doing very well past few years...............

SHOW COUNT: (152) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=92, US=112, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    petrocs wrote:
    they have no scheduled work out planned for bringing in a QB...if Cassell goes down they are screwed literally
    Did they actually have a 3rd QB????
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    Did they actually have a 3rd QB????

Kevin O-Connell - 3rd round draft pick this year from SD ST. Mobility a plus for him - obviously lack of experience the negative. At times looked like the best backup during the preseason. Pats will pick up another QB to fill out the roster but they will not be the starter - Cassell is the guy. Could be Simms/Rattay - but I think the logical choice is Gutierrez. Don't listen to these Culpepper people who don't know what they are talking about.

SHOW COUNT: (152) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=92, US=112, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options

Pats go 10-6 win the AFC East. Hope things go there way and they step up like 2001. Wildcard teams have been doing very well past few years...............

Last time I checked Romo wasn't a multiple MVP and multiple Super Bowl winner and is at least one of the top 3 quarterbacks of all time. It is the ultimate in hitting the lottery. Don't ever put Romo and Brady in the same league.
  • Options
    Last time I checked Romo wasn't a multiple MVP and multiple Super Bowl winner and is at least one of the top 3 quarterbacks of all time. It is the ultimate in hitting the lottery. Don't ever put Romo and Brady in the same league.

Romo will likely be the best QB in the league this year and he went undrafted.......just saying that top QBs can slip through the cracks. And just to clarify Brady has won 1 MVP.

Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

• Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388

Kurt Warner, I believe, was also undrafted.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    Romo will likely be the best QB in the league this year and he went undrafted.......just saying that top QBs can slip through the cracks.

No, but you make it sound like it happens ALL THE TIME. And I still stick to the view that Romo cannot win games without the talent he has. He's only as good as TO, Witten, etc is.
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    No, but you make it sound like it happens ALL THE TIME. And I still stick to the view that Romo cannot win games without the talent he has. He's only as good as TO, Witten, etc is.

You know 0 about football.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    tybird wrote:
    Kurt Warner, I believe, was also undrafted.

2 Time MVP - Superbowl winner - ex grocery clerk - #3 ranking all time for passing rating.

Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

• Options

No I didn't say it happens all time I was just stating that for someone to say "it will never happen again" is likely the incorrect statement.

Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

• Options
    And just to clarify Brady has won 1 MVP.
    And a SB MVP. Not in the way it happened with Brady. Meaning the kind of player Brady is - one of the greatest QB's ever. The only person slightly near him in that category is Montana and I know he went a lot higher than Brady. 3rd round maybe?
  • Options
    JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,075
    The thing is it's not know if it was just an ACL or if there was more damage in the knee than that. He may or may not be in strong form next year, it's hard to tell. Brady is 31 right now which means he'll be 32 next season coming off of major knee surgery.

We'd have a better idea if it was know what kind of damage was done.

with the way the pats never give out injury info, i wouldn't hold your breath on anything official regardinging the extent of the injury.
  • Options
    And a SB MVP. Not in the way it happened with Brady. Meaning the kind of player Brady is - one of the greatest QB's ever. The only person slightly near him in that category is Montana and I know he went a lot higher than Brady. 3rd round maybe?

Yep 3rd round.

Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

• Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    JSBE wrote:
    hopefully "karma" doesn't come back and hit you in the ass for all your joy over the injury of another team's player. it is pretty sad in my opinion. how much of a reflection on your own team does that give me? you must have thought they sucked a whole lot to be this happy that your rival's starting qb went down for the season. in the event that they do win, won't it ring a little hollow knowing that your team beat the pats WITHOUT brady? wouldn't that be like one of the stupid "asterisks"? (*no brady)

and yeah, because the championship stuff (such as hats, shirts, etc) isn't already made and the other stuff (such as books, dvds, etc) aren't queued up, ready to get made. it is called prep work. the merchandisers have to sell this stuff as soon as the game is over and as soon as the stores open the next morning. how do you think those hats and t-shirts get on the players so fast after the game is over? do you think they start making them at half-time? if you're going to attempt to talk some smack, use some common sense and at least bring some good stuff.
    ok you're right on the merch stuff...even tho I still think doing it 2 weeks before is a bit premature and arrogant. I don't attempt to talk smack..I just DO. I talk shit cause it's fun and it's even more fun against teams like the Pats who have shit talkers like Harrison, Seymour, Brady. Seeing Tyree grab that ball against Harrison was the shit..seeing Eli escape shit talker Seymour was even more the shit and seeing Plaxico outrun whatshisface for that final Touchdown and not pulling a Randy Moss "it's Over" celebration was the most beautiful final nail in that perfect pat coffin
    R.I.P. Patriots 08-09 season. No Brady No playoffs, no more cockiness and the reign is OVER! :D

oh and your reflection on my Giants means nothing cause we're not cocky like that NE team. Karma did it's thing and got us a ring. ;)
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,075
    stickboy wrote:
    ok you're right on the merch stuff...even tho I still think doing it 2 weeks before is a bit premature and arrogant. I don't attempt to talk smack..I just DO. I talk shit cause it's fun and it's even more fun against teams like the Pats who have shit talkers like Harrison, Seymour, Brady. Seeing Tyree grab that ball against Harrison was the shit..seeing Eli escape shit talker Seymour was even more the shit and seeing Plaxico outrun whatshisface for that final Touchdown and not pulling a Randy Moss "it's Over" celebration was the most beautiful final nail in that perfect pat coffin
    R.I.P. Patriots 08-09 season. No Brady No playoffs, no more cockiness and the reign is OVER! :D

oh and your reflection on my Giants means nothing cause we're not cocky like that NE team. Karma did it's thing and got us a ring. ;)

my mistake, i thought you were a j-e-t-s fan - that's what my reflection meant. hope eli doesn't get hurt. david carr? wow, now that's scary.

i think that pats will make the playoffs this year and most certainly will not win the super bowl (although crazier things have happened, i mean, the g-men did get smoked by a trent dilfer led ravens team in the super bowl), but the "reign" is most certainly not over with brady (hopefully close to 100%) in 2009 and moss and welker signed through 2010 and 2011...but for now, just like the pats, i will look forward to next week. one game at a time.
  • Options
    JSBE wrote:
    my mistake, i thought you were a j-e-t-s fan - that's what my reflection meant. hope eli doesn't get hurt. david carr? wow, now that's scary.

i think that pats will make the playoffs this year and most certainly will not win the super bowl (although crazier things have happened, i mean, the g-men did get smoked by a trent dilfer led ravens team in the super bowl), but the "reign" is most certainly not over with brady (hopefully close to 100%) in 2009 and moss and welker signed through 2010 and 2011...but for now, just like the pats, i will look forward to next week. one game at a time.
    no no no.... Big Blue fan since early 80's. Eli played with a shoulder injury for most of last yr after the doctors old him he should miss the 1st 6-8 weeks after that opening game against Dallas. I think he's got enough heart to play thru another injury knock on wood tho.
    I don't root for players to get hurt or take joy in that, but the way the Pats handled things last yr was pretty annoying considering their "perfect season" shoulda been ended by the RAVENS of all teams, and Barely looked better than the Eagles thanksgiving and the Giants the last regular season games. It is what it is and they thought they were unstoppable...be confident and humble. Thats cool and no one else woulda given them shit but like I said. They weren't, and they didn't act too classy about things. I would never want guys like Harrison or Seymour on my team. Oh

and they cheated too so ;)
  • Options
    JSBE wrote:

Agreed one game at a time with some surprises here and there. Funny how New Yorkers jump from one Jets team over to the G-Men whenever it becomes convienent. Yet they'll quickly try to label ALL Patriots fans as bandwagoners or whatever else they can come up with.

Like I said the Patriots will be fine and in a way this injury could be a good thing for the play of the REST of the team. Something to band and rally around together only one game down with 18 more to go for somebody.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    g under p wrote:
    Funny how New Yorkers jump from one Jets team over to the G-Men whenever it becomes convienent. .

same ones that are going to follow the Mets for the rest of the year now that the Yanks are toast.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    g under p wrote:
    Agreed one game at a time with some surprises here and there. Funny how New Yorkers jump from one Jets team over to the G-Men whenever it becomes convienent. Yet they'll quickly try to label ALL Patriots fans as bandwagoners or whatever else they can come up with.

Like I said the Patriots will be fine and in a way this injury could be a good thing for the play of the REST of the team. Something to band and rally around together only one game down with 18 more to go for somebody.

Peace
    oh Ny'ers dont jump from Jets to Giants I can tell you that much. It's like 50- 50 here. But the thing is theres the whole family rivalry lilke in my case..me and my cousins or bro in laws go at it for yrs. Me big Blue, them J-E-T-S. I cant fuck with the jets cause they havent accomplished anything so I let them be the poor guys, lol. I feel bad abusing my friends and family all the time.

I just take joy in seeing the Patriots demise after all that hype and the attitude last ot yr of "we're better than all of you and ain't shit you can do about it" (and again all this considering there was about 4 games that coulda been labeled far from perfect..and even in the PLAYOFFS they barely beat Indy and the Chargers) and the fact that they got caught cheating.
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    same ones that are going to follow the Mets for the rest of the year now that the Yanks are toast.
    booooo
    that'll be the day

if I ever rock those gay ass Islander and Mets colors please kill me. I almost feel like I should root for another Basketball team cause the Knicks suck and rock the blue and orange

I live and die with the Pinstripes and the Blueshirts all day baby ;)
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    oh Ny'ers dont jump from Jets to Giants I can tell you that much. It's like 50- 50 here. But the thing is theres the whole family rivalry lilke in my case..me and my cousins or bro in laws go at it for yrs. Me big Blue, them J-E-T-S. I cant fuck with the jets cause they havent accomplished anything so I let them be the poor guys, lol. I feel bad abusing my friends and family all the time.

I just take joy in seeing the Patriots demise after all that hype and the attitude last ot yr of "we're better than all of you and ain't shit you can do about it" (and again all this considering there was about 4 games that coulda been labeled far from perfect..and even in the PLAYOFFS they barely beat Indy and the Chargers) and the fact that they got caught cheating.

One game into the season 18 more to go we shall see how things turn out. One game at a time, Who's next up the JETS.

Peace

• Options
    I wonder when the last time the Jets were 2 and 0 and the Pats 1 and 1 was