Options

2008 Patriots

Comments

• Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    Danimal wrote:
    Because 16-0 is something to be proud of.

Let me guess...you are going to come back with an 18-1 comment? Well that's another record to be proud of as well.

Hate hate hate

really?

who's proud of that?

isn't it about championships, not your record? or did i miss something?

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    JSBE wrote:
    hopefully "karma" doesn't come back and hit you in the ass for all your joy over the injury of another team's player. it is pretty sad in my opinion. how much of a reflection on your own team does that give me? you must have thought they sucked a whole lot to be this happy that your rival's starting qb went down for the season. in the event that they do win, won't it ring a little hollow knowing that your team beat the pats WITHOUT brady?

and yeah, because the championship stuff (such as hats, shirts, etc) isn't already made and the other stuff (such as books, dvds, etc) aren't queued up, ready to get made. it is called prep work. the merchandisers have to sell this stuff as soon as the game is over and as soon as the stores open the next morning. how do you think those hats and t-shirts get on the players so fast after the game is over? do you think they start making them at half-time? if you're going to attempt to talk some smack, use some common sense and at least bring some good stuff.

Right. Every year they make hats etc. for BOTH teams.

It's either that or they use magic to whip up a bunch of merchandise 3 seconds after the game ends.
  • Options
    i cant wait till the pats beat the jets this sunday. soming back to this thread. will be awesome.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    brainofPJ wrote:
    really?

who's proud of that?

I guess you did miss something.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,075
    brainofPJ wrote:
    really?

who's proud of that?

well, i think that the 2007 pats being the only team to go 16-0 is an accomplishment, although personally, i'm not a big fan of the banner. go big or go home. i'm not celebrating the "perfect regular season." they might as well put up a banner that says "yeah! 2nd place!"

*** edit ***

what i said above was kind of harsh and i don't want to come across as a spoiled newbie of a boston sports fan, because i most certainly am not - i've been a fan for well over 20 years now - i am proud of the 16-0 accomplishment and eventually down the line when no other team has done it in 10, 15, 20, 30 years (especially with the league going to a 17 or 18 game schedule) i'll be able to remember the great accomplishment, probably with a little, tiny, microscopic bitter taste knowing that the super bowl was lost and think about what could have been.
  • Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    really?

who's proud of that?

I personally am tremendously proud about our 18 and 1 team. Within the confines of our dynasty it will only elevate our team in the context of history.

Last years was awesome. Tons of fun. I wouldn't trade that year for any of the other non Super Bowl championships and I put it right in front of our loss in 96 to the Packers and 1985's loss to the Bears.

Those were awesome seasons and we as a fan base had a lot to be proud of. Hell the ride of losing in the championship game is an awesome ride.

Does it suck that we lost, More than almost any other loss I can think of, and close to as bad as the 86 Sox. But I wouldn't trade last years team for any other teams experience last year except for the Giants.

They deserved to win. They beat us and I give them and their fans mad props.

But 18-1 isn't an insult, it is a badge of honor.

It's funny how no one outside of New England can understand that.

Also doesn't hurt that we have had a good 10 year run in Boston. That takes the sting away quite a bit.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,135
    Wilds wrote:
    I personally am tremendously proud about our 18 and 1 team. Within the confines of our dynasty it will only elevate our team in the context of history.

Last years was awesome. Tons of fun. I wouldn't trade that year for any of the other non Super Bowl championships and I put it right in front of our loss in 96 to the Packers and 1985's loss to the Bears.

Those were awesome seasons and we as a fan base had a lot to be proud of. Hell the ride of losing in the championship game is an awesome ride.

Does it suck that we lost, More than almost any other loss I can think of, and close to as bad as the 86 Sox. But I wouldn't trade last years team for any other teams experience last year except for the Giants.

They deserved to win. They beat us and I give them and their fans mad props.

But 18-1 isn't an insult, it is a badge of honor.

It's funny how no one outside of New England can understand that.

Also doesn't hurt that we have had a good 10 year run in Boston. That takes the sting away quite a bit.

Outstanding, man I couldn't have said this any better and that said, it took a magnificent effort by the dazzling Giants team defense to pull off the win. Which they did to take down the Patriots, I'm also very proud of the Patriots season and the last 10 years in Beantown.

Hell even the lowly BRUINS made the playoffs, the Revolution in the championship game even though I don't root for them. It's been ALL GOOD in BEANTOWN IMO. :)

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    Danimal wrote:
    I guess you did miss something.

nah.

wonder what moss and brady and all those others feel about it...

i'm sure if given the chance again they would love to go 18-1. no doubt it would further "elevate our team in the context of history."

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    nah.

wonder what moss and brady and all those others feel about it...

i'm sure if given the chance again they would love to go 18-1. no doubt it
    would further "elevate our team in the context of history."

I'm sure if we went 18-1 this year everyone including Brady, who would be on the sideline, would be very happy. After our Best player is lost for the year, we only lose 1 game. The Hall of Fame would have to change their rules to induct Belichick immediately.

Of course if the 1 loss happened in the regular season that would be better. (You didn't specify which game we would lose.) :D
  • Options
    Mercury Morris said it best when he said that the Patriots were circling the block and still had to reach the driveway to get in....for the perfect season.Still one team and thats my team that went perfect.To win all yours games and lose the Super Bowl was a total failure on the Patriots part.Nothin' left to do but SMILE SMILE SMILE!!!!!!!!!!
    The bus came by and I got on!!!!!
  • Options
    battan1120 wrote:
    Mercury Morris said it best when he said that the Patriots were circling the block and still had to reach the driveway to get in....for the perfect season.Still one team and thats my team that went perfect.To win all yours games and lose the Super Bowl was a total failure on the Patriots part.Nothin' left to do but SMILE SMILE SMILE!!!!!!!!!!

Did I just hear that the Patriots are a total failure from a Miami fan? How long was the season back then? 4 games?
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:

Yeah, but he is also putting $150 Million into other owners pockets so it is a wash.
  • Options
    Wilds wrote:
    Yeah, but he is also putting $150 Million into other owners pockets so it is a wash.

Come again?

Peace

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    Come again?

Peace

That article is saying Fantasy Football teams with Tom Brady will win X number of Championships. The value of X amount of championships will bring $150 Million dollars to those owners.

So, the Fantasy teams with Brady now won't win the Championships, then other teams will.

The article is kind of crap, speculating on the Value of Brady on your fantasy team. It's not as if that money is just gone, it simply goes to someone else.
  • Options
    Wilds wrote:
    That article is saying Fantasy Football teams with Tom Brady will win X number of Championships. The value of X amount of championships will bring $150 Million dollars to those owners.

So, the Fantasy teams with Brady now won't win the Championships, then other teams will.

The article is kind of crap, speculating on the Value of Brady on your fantasy team. It's not as if that money is just gone, it simply goes to someone else.

OK, like I said I don't know a thing about Fantasy football.

Peace

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    OK, like I said I don't know a thing about Fantasy football.

Peace
    :p

what does g under p stand for? government under people?
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    :p

what does g under p stand for? government under people?

You know what it stands for I've only said it a million times. :)

Peace

• Options
    g under p wrote:

thankfully the one league i did draft him in is not for money, so i'm not part of that $150 million, er, i mean i play fantasy football for fun. yeah, fun. not money.
  • Options
    Forget last years Super Bowl. And I know a few Giants fans are gonna rip this up, but the Pats are the team to beat this year. They WILL win the super bowl. They won't go undefeated like last year, but they will win the big one. OK, bring it on, haters! GO PATS

Has anyone brought IT on yet?
  • Options
    Belichecks record with the pats is ridiculos.(i cant spell) Don't doubt or give up on Cassel. if Moss, Welker, Welker, and Gaffney can get open on alot of plays good things are going to happen. Expect Maroney to have a breakout season, he kinda needs too :o

You mean his record with the Pats, with Tom Brady. He was 6-14 in his first 20 games with NE. He's been like 300-20 with Brady.

They do have great weapons. All I'm saying is if the QB can't get the ball to the weapons those weapons don't mean anything.

I doubt Cassel because the guy hasn't started anything since HS. At least Brady started games in college.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,291
    Wilds wrote:
    So you admit Brady is the best QB of all time. :D

yes I don't think there is much question about that one. Only Montana comes close in my mind.
  • Options
    You mean his record with the Pats, with Tom Brady. He was 6-14 in his first 20 games with NE. He's been like 300-20 with Brady.

They do have great weapons. All I'm saying is if the QB can't get the ball to the weapons those weapons don't mean anything.

I doubt Cassel because the guy hasn't started anything since HS. At least Brady started games in college.

i think you are just picking your stats for your argument. you could have said that belichick took a 5-11 team his first year as head coach (and honestly, take a look at the roster - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_New_England_Patriots_season) and then with numerous key additions (see below), helped them improve to 11-5 and a super bowl win in season #2.

the key substrations from 2000 to 2001 were bledsoe (to injury) and terry glenn (to being terry glenn). i don't think it would be going too far out on a limb to say that at that point those were to top offensive weapons for the pats during the 2000 season.

the key additions from 2000 to 2001 were: brady (untested 3rd string rookie who wasn't a fulltime starter in college), seymour, izzo, vrabel, neal, light, andruzzi, david patten, antowain smith and ty law.

i also find it very odd that no one is saying the things that people are saying about matt cassel when they talk about aaron rodgers. granted he did start in college, but that was 2004. he had all of 59 passing attempts before this season and had never started an nfl game until last night. the pack were 13-3 last year and one horrible favre interception away from the super bowl yet he gets a free pass? it doesn't make sense to me.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,831
    JSBE wrote:
    i think you are just picking your stats for your argument. you could have said that belichick took a 5-11 team his first year as head coach (and honestly, take a look at the roster - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_New_England_Patriots_season) and then with numerous key additions (see below), helped them improve to 11-5 and a super bowl win in season #2.

the key substrations from 2000 to 2001 were bledsoe (to injury) and terry glenn (to being terry glenn). i don't think it would be going too far out on a limb to say that at that point those were to top offensive weapons for the pats during the 2000 season.

the key additions from 2000 to 2001 were: brady (untested 3rd string rookie who wasn't a fulltime starter in college), seymour, izzo, vrabel, neal, light, andruzzi, david patten, antowain smith and ty law.

i also find it very odd that no one is saying the things that people are saying about matt cassel when they talk about aaron rodgers. granted he did start in college, but that was 2004. he had all of 59 passing attempts before this season and had never started an nfl game until last night. the pack were 13-3 last year and one horrible favre interception away from the super bowl yet he gets a free pass? it doesn't make sense to me.

Maybe this will make sense to you - Cassel never threw a TD in college. Make sense now? Good luck guys.
  • Options
    Maybe this will make sense to you - Cassel never threw a TD in college. Make sense now? Good luck guys.

Many QB's have thrown td's in college and weren't worth elephant dung in the pros

Peace

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    Many QB's have thrown td's in college and weren't worth elephant dung in the pros

Peace

Ya gotta believe right?
  • Options

qbs that won the heisman over the last 20 years:

andre ware
    ty detmer
    gino torretta
    charlie ward
    danny wuerffel
    chris weinke
    eric crouch
    carson palmer
    jason white
    matt leinart
    troy smith

so obviously being great in college doesn't mean anything in the nfl.

other than carson palmer, i don't see one that has been even semi-decent in the nfl and even right now palmer isn't living up to his potential despite his outstanding wideouts.
  • Options
    JSBE wrote:
    qbs that won the heisman over the last 20 years:

andre ware
    ty detmer
    gino torretta
    charlie ward
    danny wuerffel
    chris weinke
    eric crouch
    carson palmer
    jason white
    matt leinart
    troy smith

other than carson palmer, i don't see one that has been even semi-decent in the nfl and even right now palmer isn't living up to his potential despite his outstanding wideouts.

I'm talking NOT Heisman winners. I'm talking about a lousy TD pass. You guys hit the lottery with Brady. It's not happening again.
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    I'm talking Heisman winners. I'm talking about a lousy TD pass. You guys hit the lottery with Brady. It's not happening again.

they have no scheduled work out planned for bringing in a QB...if Cassell goes down they are screwed literally
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    I'm talking NOT Heisman winners. I'm talking about a lousy TD pass. You guys hit the lottery with Brady. It's not happening again.

Hate hate hate