Options

2008 Patriots

Comments

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    Trust me you're going to wish i wasn't here come sunday night.

No worries here mate you ever see a hyena run? It runs with it's tail between it's legs.

Peace be with you always. :)
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    just heard a medical guy on ESPN state it's a 9 month recovery and Brady should be ready to go, full tilt, at the beginning of next year.

that's cool.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,075
    LongRd. wrote:
    Why doesn't anybody give this Cassell kid a chance?

Seriously, he has enough weapons to play with. Moss averaged nearly 20 yards per catch yesterday. Morris and Maroney are solid combo tailbacks.

i think he'll be fine. like i've already said, the pats are too good of a team to just totally fall apart without brady.

cassel has too many offensive weapons - moss, welker, gaffney, maroney, morris, faulk, jordan, watson, etc. and on top of that he has a solid o-line that has three pro-bowlers on it...and that's not even talking about the defensive side of the ball.
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    jimed14 wrote:
    just heard a medical guy on ESPN state it's a 9 month recovery and Brady should be ready to go, full tilt, at the beginning of next year.

that's cool.

Awesome news! Thank you!
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    Wilds wrote:
    Look in the mirror. You are what you speak about. It doesn't matter what franchise you root for, every team has fans like you.

You embarrass the Jets, like Pats fans like you embarrass us.

Wish you would all go away. Angry, nasty, negative, fans.

I'm sure we will see you around with your classless T-shirts and negative insults all year. Enjoy your anger and hatred.

We get it "you are what you spout" whatever. You really like that phrase huh? so much you had to use it twice on me. Look this is just a little old fashioned trash talking between two rivals and fan bases. No need for your holier than thou mentality.
    BORGATA>VIC
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    JSBE wrote:
    i think he'll be fine. like i've already said, the pats are too good of a team to just totally fall apart without brady.

cassel has too many offensive weapons - moss, welker, gaffney, maroney, morris, faulk, jordan, watson, etc. and on top of that he has a solid o-line that has three pro-bowlers on it...and that's not even talking about the defensive side of the ball.

Moss and maybe Maroney are their only offensive weapons...Welker will have an avergae year at best. i'm not saying the Pats are going to completely fall apart...i'm just saying i don't see Gaffney and those other guys as weapons. especially without Brady at the helm.

go Bills

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    JSBE wrote:

let's not forget ... still ahve the "easiest schedule in the league" ... base don last year's records of course.

Easily could win 3 games vs the AFC West and NFC West ... take 4 of 6 against the AFC east ... that's 10 wins ... does anyone think this isn't possible?
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    jimed14 wrote:
    let's not forget ... still ahve the "easiest schedule in the league" ... base don last year's records of course.

Easily could win 3 games vs the AFC West and NFC West ... take 4 of 6 against the AFC east ... that's 10 wins ... does anyone think this isn't possible?

Like I will always say the Patriots will be fine and will surprise a few folks. Either this is going to even more fun this year than I previously thought. :)

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Danimal wrote:
    I love all the haters. You guys are pretty much admitting that your team is just not that good and you needed for something like this to happen.

Any
    Given
    Sunday
    +7408923790587348905
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    +7408923790587348905
    I was actually hoping for a Dallas - NE Superbowl like it was being predicted WITH Brady. I would want no excuses in beating one of the best
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    yeah. lets support injuring someone. classless rejects.
    lets be fair bro

The Pats had books, dvd's, shirts and all this merch claiming perfection and 19-0 before the Super Bowl was even played man

thats not really classy...they brought all of this upon themselves.
    It's one thing to be confident and humble but they werent..they had to be smug and cocky and arrogant and now theyre upset. It's karma any way you look at it and it bit them in the ass pretty hard
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    The Pats had books, dvd's, shirts and all this merch claiming perfection and 19-0 before the Super Bowl was even played man

I do remember a lady walking around in a 16-0 regular season shirt during one of the playoff games when I was at the bar. I asked her what she would be doing with that shirt if the Pats lost in the playoffs. She said they weren't going to lose. I just laughed and said you better hope not because the only thing that shirt would be good for is wiping your ass.

I still don't know why they hung that 16-0 banner. That's just basically a reminder of the chance at history that was pissed away.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    If anyone one of you Patriots fans think this team will be the same without Tom Brady, you are seriously mentally handicapped. The rest of the season will be a struggle. They'll finish no better than 9-7. Bill will be conference champs with the Jets taking the wild card.

Tom Brady WAS the Patriots. Sure Cassell looked DECENT yesterday. But please, if you aren't worried about the team then you obviously aren't a real football fan.

Lil Wayne is better than Pearl Jam.

Bitches ain't nothin' but hoes 'n tricks
  • Options
    If anyone one of you Patriots fans think this team will be the same without Tom Brady, you are seriously mentally handicapped. The rest of the season will be a struggle. They'll finish no better than 9-7. Bill will be conference champs with the Jets taking the wild card.

Tom Brady WAS the Patriots. Sure Cassell looked DECENT yesterday. But please, if you aren't worried about the team then you obviously aren't a real football fan.
    man, I just looked at the Jets schedule and they only have MAAAYYbe 5 tough games
    11 and 5
    10 and 6...thats what the jets record SHOULD be.
  • Options

Didn't Eli and the Giants, Dilfer and the ravens teach you anything.
    Pats have an easy schedule - very strong team all phases. Belechick, motivation, etc.

11-5

AFC East Champs.

Who knows what will happen in the playoffs.
    "This guy back here is giving me the ole one more....one more back to you buddy."

- Mr. Edward Vedder 7/11/03

• Options
    thats the only thing the Pats will have to save their asses possibly this yr is that easy ass schedule
  • Options
    Pats have an easy schedule - very strong team all phases. Belechick, motivation, etc.

11-5

AFC East Champs.

thank you. its like these people are living in fantasy land. speaking of fantasy, i sure do feel bad for anyone who had brady on their fantasy team.

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,214
    Danimal wrote:
    I love all the haters. You guys are pretty much admitting that your team is just not that good and you needed for something like this to happen.

Any
    Given
    Sunday

at least they aren't cheaters - Karma is a bitch isn't it?
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    at least they aren't cheaters - Karma is a bitch isn't it?
    karma payed us back in the superbowl.

2001 people, 2001.

• Options

11-5

AFC East Champs.

I wouldn't say they're strong in all phases. Defensive backs and line backers are suspect. Front four on the line are strong. Offensive line is slightly above average (they got way too much credit last year). WR's are excellent. RB's are average.

The schedule is subjective. You never know who's going to get hot on their schedule.

They win 10 games max.

Although it's going to be interesting to see if it's the QB or the coach that has more impact.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options

11-5

AFC East Champs.

THAT PROVES NOTHING. A team on paper isn't the same as the team on the field.

Listen, the Chiefs, who suck ass by the way, were only 5 yards away from a tie game yesterday. If they struggle to beat the Chiefs, it will be a long season in bean town.

AFC EAST CHAMPS? Please.

Lil Wayne is better than Pearl Jam.

Bitches ain't nothin' but hoes 'n tricks
  • Options
    I wouldn't say they're strong in all phases. Defensive backs and line backers are suspect. Front four on the line are strong. Offensive line is slightly above average (they got way too much credit last year). WR's are excellent. RB's are average.

The schedule is subjective. You never know who's going to get hot on their schedule.

They win 10 games max.

Although it's going to be interesting to see if it's the QB or the coach that has more impact.
    Belichecks record with the pats is ridiculos.(i cant spell) Don't doubt or give up on Cassel. if Moss, Welker, Welker, and Gaffney can get open on alot of plays good things are going to happen. Expect Maroney to have a breakout season, he kinda needs too :o

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,214
    Belichecks record with the pats is ridiculos.(i cant spell) Don't doubt or give up on Cassel. if Moss, Welker, Welker, and Gaffney can get open on alot of plays good things are going to happen. Expect Maroney to have a breakout season, he kinda needs too :o

can't cheat and no longer with the best QB of all time we will see what a genius Bellicheck is now.
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329

I don't know anyone who thinks they are the same without Brady. We have gone from favorites to a hopeful playoff team.

But I think you are right "Bill (Belichick and the Patriots) will be the confernce champs with the Jets taking the wild card."
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    can't cheat and no longer with the best QB of all time we will see what a genius Bellicheck is now.

So you admit Brady is the best QB of all time. :D
  • Options
    They win 10 games max.

because going 10-6 is a bad thing? i'll take 10-6 without brady and most likely a spot in the playoffs right now for the pats.
  • Options
    If anyone one of you Patriots fans think this team will be the same without Tom Brady, you are seriously mentally handicapped. .

Why who said that?

Hate hate hate
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    I still don't know why they hung that 16-0 banner. That's just basically a reminder of the chance at history that was pissed away.

Because 16-0 is something to be proud of.

Let me guess...you are going to come back with an 18-1 comment? Well that's another record to be proud of as well.

Hate hate hate

• Options
    We get it "you are what you spout" whatever. You really like that phrase huh? so much you had to use it twice on me. Look this is just a little old fashioned trash talking between two rivals and fan bases. No need for your holier than thou mentality.

Yeah, I guess you are right. It's hard not to be upset when you lose your best player. Then come on a message board and listen to so much B.S.

That might cause someone to act out against said B.S. artists.

Now go get your shine box! :D

Go Pats!
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    lets be fair bro

thats not really classy...they brought all of this upon themselves.
    It's one thing to be confident and humble but they werent..they had to be smug and cocky and arrogant and now theyre upset. It's karma any way you look at it and it bit them in the ass pretty hard

hopefully "karma" doesn't come back and hit you in the ass for all your joy over the injury of another team's player. it is pretty sad in my opinion. how much of a reflection on your own team does that give me? you must have thought they sucked a whole lot to be this happy that your rival's starting qb went down for the season. in the event that they do win, won't it ring a little hollow knowing that your team beat the pats WITHOUT brady? wouldn't that be like one of the stupid "asterisks"? (*no brady)

and yeah, because the championship stuff (such as hats, shirts, etc) isn't already made and the other stuff (such as books, dvds, etc) aren't queued up, ready to get made. it is called prep work. the merchandisers have to sell this stuff as soon as the game is over and as soon as the stores open the next morning. how do you think those hats and t-shirts get on the players so fast after the game is over? do you think they start making them at half-time? if you're going to attempt to talk some smack, use some common sense and at least bring some good stuff.