***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,513
    pjhawks wrote:
    Welp, change in plans - driving to Princeton Junction and picking up the 3:30 train to Penn Station. If you happen to be on this certain caboose, then a beer, or swig of JD, is on me! Gonna be a good day!

and i'll be slingin' mortgages all day....enjoy it gentlemen---you sons of bitches! :mrgreen:

try not to ruin the economy any further Jaegs.

Phils going into their may/june swoon just in time for inter-league play like they do every year. man i hate the Sox - let's hope we can kick their ass. And am I an ass for still hating JD Drew?

hey i am only doing what our president has instructed me to do. you will see the effects of it a few years down the road. trust me...blame him not me. in the meantime, i'm gettin' paid mother fuckers! :mrgreen:

i liked paul hagen's article today. the phils have to just be more patient at the plate. the schmidt story was pretty cool
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The Fixer wrote:
    fans aren't part of the team

you don't have a team without fans. they may not hit/run/catch/throw, but they are the backbone of the team.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,714
    The Fixer wrote:

trust me I know...I was at 6 playoff games alone in 2008 (7 if you want to count both game 5's of the WS). 'WE' are the fans...'they or the phils' are the team.

it just sounds gay saying 'we, our, us' when you're talking about a team you like. fans aren't part of the team

I wrote this in another thread and no one agreed. I hate hate hate "we".
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

you don't have a team without fans. they may not hit/run/catch/throw, but they are the backbone of the team.

yeah...this is a tough one. it might have to be up for discussion in the Fraud thread actually.

i tend to side with you 81. and speaking as a, now, 10 year eagles season ticket holder :thumbup: --that is MY fucking team!

so if you have or have had even a partial ticket plan with a team, you've got a right to say it. therefor, the birds, phils, and sixers are all "we" to me.

the jeagler has spoken.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

of course there are no teams without fans. that still doesn't mean that fans are part of the team. anyone that receives a championship ring can say 'we, us, our'. as for the rest of us, it should be 'they, the phils, etc'

I think referring to a team as 'we, us, our' makes people sound like they are desperately trying be part of something they're not really part of.

they saying red sox nation...or flyers nation is even worse.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah...this is a tough one. it might have to be up for discussion in the Fraud thread actually.

i tend to side with you 81. and speaking as a, now, 10 year eagles season ticket holder :thumbup: --that is MY fucking team!

so if you have or have had even a partial ticket plan with a team, you've got a right to say it. therefor, the birds, phils, and sixers are all "we" to me.

the jeagler has spoken.

if you have a Sixers season ticket holder you need serious psychological counseling - just go now.
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

of course there are no teams without fans. that still doesn't mean that fans are part of the team. anyone that receives a championship ring can say 'we, us, our'. as for the rest of us, it should be 'they, the phils, etc'

I think referring to a team as 'we, us, our' makes people sound like they are desperately trying be part of something they're not really part of.

they saying red sox nation...or flyers nation is even worse.

i hate that ______ nation saying. that makes me ill

but i still think we is ok. the Phils could not have won a championship if the fans didn't show up, unless of course, the owners want to pay the salary's and doesn't mind an empty stadium.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Go Rollins.... :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

1 for 3...a homer and 3 rbi (even though they are meaningless :lol: ).......what's so funny about that?!
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:
    81 wrote:

the jeagler has spoken.

if you have a Sixers season ticket holder you need serious psychological counseling - just go now.

i said have or had....i had a partial plan during the ai hey day...might get one again for the evan turner hey day. HEY. OH.
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:

1 for 3...a homer and 3 rbi (even though they are meaningless :lol: ).......what's so funny about that?!

those rbi's meant alot for today's game.

i was laughing at the Cubs. it's always fun to see them lose. :mrgreen:

but wtf is Jose Contreras doing pitching the 9th. is the barrell that empty>
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

those rbi's meant alot for today's game.

i was laughing at the Cubs. it's always fun to see them lose. :mrgreen:

but wtf is Jose Contreras doing pitching the 9th. is the barrell that empty>

yes the barrell is quite empty right now....however he has an era around .68 right now....
    www.myspace.com
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,339
    I'm in favor of saying "we, our" etc. if you play a role in financially supporting the team. So, I'm a ticket holder for Phillies & Temple Owls b-ball, so those are "my" teams.

Nice trapeze act by Contreras yesterday...
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    I'm in favor of saying "we, our" etc. if you play a role in financially supporting the team. So, I'm a ticket holder for Phillies & Temple Owls b-ball, so those are "my" teams.

f temple.

go nova.
    www.myspace.com

f temple.

go nova.

go Buckeyes :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    by the way...

i am insanely jealous of you bastards who went to msg last night. that setlist looks absolutely filthy.
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:

f temple.

go nova.

go Buckeyes :mrgreen:

dude...you are all over the place with you allegiances. did you go to ohio state?

i can't wait to see evan turner in our backcourt next year!
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423

Speaking of people who use 'nation' isn't Nova Nation fn annoying as hell? Man I hate those arrogant sobs.

Only good thing about tickets to Temple bball is they sell beer at the Liacouris Center. At least now I can tolerate your coach, Dunph is the man. although would it kill him to win a tourny game?
    dude...you are all over the place with you allegiances. did you go to ohio state?

i can't wait to see evan turner in our backcourt next year!

:lol: grew up in tiny NW Ohio. first sport i started watching was Buckeye football back when i was like 12. i'd watch the game on sat and then catch the replay on sunday morning before the coachs show on the local PBS station. i didn't attend OSU, although i wish i had. maybe one day.

i agree, my teams combo is a little odd, however, you won't find me jumping on or off said team.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    pjhawks wrote:

Speaking of people who use 'nation' isn't Nova Nation fn annoying as hell? Man I hate those arrogant sobs.

Only good thing about tickets to Temple bball is they sell beer at the Liacouris Center. At least now I can tolerate your coach, Dunph is the man. although would it kill him to win a tourny game?

nova nation has a beautiful ring to it.
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

Last year they even put in a nice beer stand with Guinness, Sammy, etc. Plus the Apollo (I still call it that) has comfy seats with leg room. Palestra or Pavillion will leave you tied up in knots. That said, those buildings clearly have better atmospheres.

I don't hate Nova, but it was awesome to beat them down last year!

Yeah, a tourney win is long overdue. We really got screwed playing "12 seed" Cornell. They would've smoked "2 seed" Nova as well.

Is this thread about the Phillies? Sorry. Is Rollins leading off tonight? Is this the year the NL starts competing in these interleague games?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,955
    by the way...

i am insanely jealous of you bastards who went to msg last night. that setlist looks absolutely filthy.

Oh, it was. My feet still hurt, my head fucking hurts because all I've had since yesterday was a wrap at Irish Times & Jack Daniels, voice is shot. So all in all, good times.
    welcome back cole. after 4 or so solid outings in a row the jeagler can safely officially proclaim that cole hamels has now returned to his 2008 form. :thumbup:

sucks about j roll though...

and dan baez can go f himself.

that's right. "dan."
    where does this guy get off calling himself danny with an "s" yet with only one "n?"
    www.myspace.com
    welcome back cole. after 4 or so solid outings in a row the jeagler can safely officially proclaim that cole hamels has now returned to his 2008 form. :thumbup:

sucks about j roll though...

and dan baez can go f himself.

that's right. "dan."
    where does this guy get off calling himself danny with an "s" yet with only one "n?"

Die Danys Die! Or at least throw strikes.

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,779
    I just posted on facebook that Dice K had a no no going. Guess i jinxed it :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    I just posted on facebook that Dice K had a no no going. Guess i jinxed it :lol:

I spent 2 hours trying to jinx it. Wouldve been luckiest no hitter ever.

• jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    man i missed pa tv so bad. i missed all the local shows but man did i see 2 amazing shoes.
    Go Birds!!!!
    man i missed pa tv so bad. i missed all the local shows but man did i see 2 amazing shoes.

2 pairs of shoes or just 2 shoes?
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078

2 pairs of shoes or just 2 shoes?
    shows
    Go Birds!!!!
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488

I spent 2 hours trying to jinx it. Wouldve been luckiest no hitter ever.

I didn't see the game, why would it have been "lucky"?

Doubt it would have been the luckiest ever, certainly not over this one ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vUhSYLRw14

Here's the Box Score ... 8 walks and a hit batter ...... on LSD. :mrgreen:
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
This discussion has been closed.