***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    BTW, I got a free ticket right behind the Phillies dugout to go see your boy pitch tonight.

If I miss a brawl in the Yankees game I am going to be furious.

nice. that yanks game was great last night. I HATE the red sox and their 8 million fake fans. especially papelturd. and pedroia. and youkilis. you get the point.

I would love to see Arod take one in the ear though. I don't know how you root for that guy. he might be more fake than the red sox fan base
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,955
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I was just going to say....if you guys went to the SABR convention, you'd probably cum in your pants.

Haha, I have a lot of friends that write for Yankees blogs and they all just went the the Bloomberg Sports demo. They said it was a huge stat fest.

Now I LOVE that new technology they're using. I feel like I'm watching stocks.

And if you can, get Doc to blow you a kiss for me.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,712
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    BTW, I got a free ticket right behind the Phillies dugout to go see your boy pitch tonight.

nice. that yanks game was great last night. I HATE the red sox and their 8 million fake fans. especially papelturd. and pedroia. and youkilis. you get the point.

I would love to see Arod take one in the ear though. I don't know how you root for that guy. he might be more fake than the red sox fan base

yeah, it was unreal. I had a whole lot of problems with how girardi handled the bullpen but all is well that ends well i guess. I hate boston so mcuh. especilly those three. Love their fake fans in pink hats, Fenway is starting to look a little empty from time to time now, haha.

You say this all the time and I never took the bait. I definitely get where you are coming from, but if you have watched him since last year and the whole steroid thing, he has done a complete 360. It's like he finally fucking gets it. I was never a fan of his personailty. It was always just whatever anyone wanted to hear and all that but the dude has really changed a lot. It probably takes watching him on a daily basis to see it and when all you see is shit like the Braden situation I can definitely see where you are coming from. But the dude is much more part of the team now, whereas before he was in his own world. Seems like the team finally likes him.

Edit: I think the final straw was when Jason Zillo the head of PR for the Yanks went to Arod and said something like "you are the best player on the New York Yankees and not one person likes talking to you"
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I was just going to say....if you guys went to the SABR convention, you'd probably cum in your pants.

Haha, I have a lot of friends that write for Yankees blogs and they all just went the the Bloomberg Sports demo. They said it was a huge stat fest.

Now I LOVE that new technology they're using. I feel like I'm watching stocks.

And if you can, get Doc to blow you a kiss for me.

Yeah, I hear it is great. I havent really seen too much of it but with a couple minor changes i hear it is going to be pretty awesome.

Haha. Chances of that are not too good.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

yeah, it was unreal. I had a whole lot of problems with how girardi handled the bullpen but all is well that ends well i guess. I hate boston so mcuh. especilly those three. Love their fake fans in pink hats, Fenway is starting to look a little empty from time to time now, haha.

You say this all the time and I never took the bait. I definitely get where you are coming from, but if you have watched him since last year and the whole steroid thing, he has done a complete 360. It's like he finally fucking gets it. I was never a fan of his personailty. It was always just whatever anyone wanted to hear and all that but the dude has really changed a lot. It probably takes watching him on a daily basis to see it and when all you see is shit like the Braden situation I can definitely see where you are coming from. But the dude is much more part of the team now, whereas before he was in his own world. Seems like the team finally likes him.

Edit: I think the final straw was when Jason Zillo the head of PR for the Yanks went to Arod and said something like "you are the best player on the New York Yankees and not one person likes talking to you"

so you're saying girardi is taking after torre with the pen...haha

I have the MLB package and I watch a ton of baseball. admittedly I don't watch every yanks game (after the phils and mets...I probably watch the rays the most. Love watching that team of young beasts). Arod may have improved, but he's still a squid. I just think his entire persona is fake. He makes my skin crawl. And I really don't hate the yanks. I don't like them, but I don't hate them either. Just Arod.

That Zillo quote is great.
    The Fixer wrote:

so you're saying girardi is taking after torre with the pen...haha

I have the MLB package and I watch a ton of baseball. admittedly I don't watch every yanks game (after the phils and mets...I probably watch the rays the most. Love watching that team of young beasts). Arod may have improved, but he's still a squid. I just think his entire persona is fake. He makes my skin crawl. And I really don't hate the yanks. I don't like them, but I don't hate them either. Just Arod.

That Zillo quote is great.

I obviuosly get the package as well. I tend to watch Boston, Rays and Phillies once the Yankees end.

It was brutal...Loogan stinks, Chan Ho for 2 innings (coming back from the DL) and Javy with 2 on and 2 outs in the 8th)

I do hear you, Arod is one of those players everyone hates. Things have changed a lot over the last year or so, he was only ever really good friends with Melky and Cano, now he is everywhere and I know it sounds dumb but he and Jeter do get along much better again, they are always together in the dugout.

Dude is an animal at the plate though, after Tex gave the ball a ride last night in the 9th, I knew Arod was going to hit it out.
    All I know is tonight better not get rained out. 1) I wanna see Doc just drub this AAAA team, and 2) Doc is scheduled to pitch Sunday if he goes tonight.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,513
    2) Doc is scheduled to pitch Sunday if he goes tonight.

...just in time to complete the sweep :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com

....Exactly - for all the die hard Sawx fans from Bucks County. And hopefully in time for me to sport my "I'd go gay for Halladay" shirt.

....Exactly - for all the die hard Sawx fans from Bucks County. And hopefully in time for me to sport my "I'd go gay for Halladay" shirt.

i want to completely demoralize these fraud fans and this team to make up for the drubbing we got a few years back. last year, what did we take 2 out of 3 from them? could have been the other way around. i dont quite remember. but back in 07 or 08...i remember they came into cbp and just completely smoked us all 3 games. now, we return the favor.

GO. PHILS.
    www.myspace.com

i want to completely demoralize these fraud fans and this team to make up for the drubbing we got a few years back. last year, what did we take 2 out of 3 from them? could have been the other way around. i dont quite remember. but back in 07 or 08...i remember they came into cbp and just completely smoked us all 3 games. now, we return the favor.

GO. PHILS.

'08 I believe it was. I remember being at the Sunday Night game that they should've won. Manny threw a foul ball in the stands to some fans, and they threw it back at him on the field. It was awesome.

And last year I think they only won 1 game(the Phils) because I believe I was at that game, and I remember being at the Tower for the Eddie show during another and they lost that game which they should've won with a Dobbs PH walk-off but they called it foul, which was BS.

GO. PHILS.

'08 I believe it was. I remember being at the Sunday Night game that they should've won. Manny threw a foul ball in the stands to some fans, and they threw it back at him on the field. It was awesome.

And last year I think they only won 1 game(the Phils) because I believe I was at that game, and I remember being at the Tower for the Eddie show during another and they lost that game which they should've won with a Dobbs PH walk-off but they called it foul, which was BS.
    you're right. i remember listening to the sunday game on the radio while i was driving to dc for vedder.
    www.myspace.com
    dude...ryan howard is now batting .311 and its NOT EVEN HITTING SEASON YET GENTLEMEN!

in other news--how the hell are we losing to this triple a team with doc on the mound??
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    dude...ryan howard is now batting .311 and its NOT EVEN HITTING SEASON YET GENTLEMEN!

in other news--how the hell did we lose to this triple a team with doc on the mound??

Fixed it
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

in other news--how the hell did we lose to this triple a team with doc on the mound??

Fixed it

I think Doc is starting to come down with Cole Syndrome. Ya know, that's when your lineup knows your a nasty pitcher, and decides to mail it in for the night, especially when your playing an inferior team. I'm sure you've all seen it enough with Hamels in '07 & '08.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843

Fixed it

I think Doc is starting to come down with Cole Syndrome. Ya know, that's when your lineup knows your a nasty pitcher, and decides to mail it in for the night, especially when your playing an inferior team. I'm sure you've all seen it enough with Hamels in '07 & '08.

Totally agree. This getting ridiculous. A complete game loss? That's something I would do on MLB: The Show.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Alright, I get that Halladay is a horse and is the best pitcher in baseball. I also get that the Phillies bullpen is an adventure. What I don't get is why you let him go so far in a meaningless game against the Pirates on May 18th. The dude already has 71 innings on his arm and the season is not a quarter done. At this rate he is going to pitch 280 innings in the regular season then you guys would hope for another 40-50 or so in the postseason. 320 innings and effective? I don't see it.

Edit: Dude is fun to watch though.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Alright, I get that Halladay is a horse and is the best pitcher in baseball. I also get that the Phillies bullpen is an adventure. What I don't get is why you let him go so far in a meaningless game against the Pirates on May 18th. The dude already has 71 innings on his arm and the season is not a quarter done. At this rate he is going to pitch 280 innings in the regular season then you guys would hope for another 40-50 or so in the postseason. 320 innings and effective? I don't see it.

not to mention the weather was cold and rainy last night...
    www.myspace.com

I'm in a FB group titled 'I could easily be talked into kissing chase utley'

and I'm not even scared to admit it

GO. PHILS.

the red sox kill the phils every time they come here.

I think it's funny when people use 'us', 'we', 'our' when they talk about their favorite teams. are you on the team?

GO. PHILS.

I remember watching the end of one of those games after the tower show. kendrick came in in extra innings and every phils fan knew the game was over

I had to listen to some boston douche tell me that bard could throw 103. and he was serious. red sox have the worst fans in america...any sport.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

totally agree. manuel is still a strategic jack ass
    Welp, change in plans - driving to Princeton Junction and picking up the 3:30 train to Penn Station. If you happen to be on this certain caboose, then a beer, or swig of JD, is on me! Gonna be a good day!
    Welp, change in plans - driving to Princeton Junction and picking up the 3:30 train to Penn Station. If you happen to be on this certain caboose, then a beer, or swig of JD, is on me! Gonna be a good day!

and i'll be slingin' mortgages all day....enjoy it gentlemen---you sons of bitches! :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423

and i'll be slingin' mortgages all day....enjoy it gentlemen---you sons of bitches! :mrgreen:

try not to ruin the economy any further Jaegs.

Phils going into their may/june swoon just in time for inter-league play like they do every year. man i hate the Sox - let's hope we can kick their ass. And am I an ass for still hating JD Drew?

I'll be on it !

We're getting the train in Hamilton I think around 3:24 ish?

Got my bro the tickets for "his" Birthday :lol:

pjhawks wrote:

try not to ruin the economy any further Jaegs.

Phils going into their may/june swoon just in time for inter-league play like they do every year. man i hate the Sox - let's hope we can kick their ass. And am I an ass for still hating JD Drew?

Yeah thats the thing with baseball its such a long year

To live and die with each game is kinda ridiculous

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The Fixer wrote:

I think it's funny when people use 'us', 'we', 'our' when they talk about their favorite teams. are you on the team?

it takes more than players/coaches/front office/etc to make a team. if it wasn't for us fans, the teams wouldn't around to long, so it doesn't seem that far fetched to say we.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

it takes more than players/coaches/front office/etc to make a team. if it wasn't for us fans, the teams wouldn't around to long, so it doesn't seem that far fetched to say we.

and I actually think "we" played a part in the 2008 World Series win. the Phils crowd was insane for that playoffs, ask CC Sabathia and the Rays. No doubt fans can have an impact, positively or negatively.
    pjhawks wrote:
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

and I actually think "we" played a part in the 2008 World Series win. the Phils crowd was insane for that playoffs, ask CC Sabathia and the Rays. No doubt fans can have an impact, positively or negatively.

trust me I know...I was at 6 playoff games alone in 2008 (7 if you want to count both game 5's of the WS). 'WE' are the fans...'they or the phils' are the team.

it just sounds gay saying 'we, our, us' when you're talking about a team you like. fans aren't part of the team
This discussion has been closed.