***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• un fucking believable
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Madson was pitching to contact with two outs one on and a 3 run lead, thus the Glaus homer.

The homer Heyward hit didn't look like that bad of a pitch, low and on the outer half ... Heyward is just that good. I mean ... THAT good.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,959
    And so begins the Hayward ball sucking....

That aside, Madson's a spaz - I don't know how he automatically inherits the role of closer with Lidge out when he faired just as poorly in the role last season. Put Madson in the set-up position where he belongs and put Baez at the back end for now. Biggest problem with this lanky fuck is he's hitting 93 tops on his fastball, and I know he warms up as the season goes on, but fuck, stop throwing to contact all the time. His fastball/changeup combo is ALWAYS in the strike zone. Come the fuck on. Well, thank Christ this is happening in April.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488

C'mon ... ball sucking? The kid's been pretty damn good thus far, had some clutch hits, walk off hits ... oh yeah, and he's only 20 and never saw a major league pitch before this year.

Are you seriously going to deny the fact that he doesn't look good?
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:

C'mon ... ball sucking? The kid's been pretty damn good thus far, had some clutch hits, walk off hits ... oh yeah, and he's only 20 and never saw a major league pitch before this year.

No, I'm not, I just love the balls-in-mouth phenomenon that will overwhelm the National League. Most RBI's by a rookie this far into the season since JT Snow. Hopefully he pans out just like Snow since I'm going to have to see him play in my division for the next 10-15 years or so...
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    jimed14 wrote:

No, I'm not, I just love the balls-in-mouth phenomenon that will overwhelm the National League. Most RBI's by a rookie this far into the season since JT Snow. Hopefully he pans out just like Snow since I'm going to have to see him play in my division for the next 10-15 years or so...

this guy's the real deal dude.

anyway...i am looking forward to the 4 hit shut out by doc tonight. then hopefully we can score 10 runs for moyer thursday...
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    jimed14 wrote:
    Madson was pitching to contact with two outs one on and a 3 run lead, thus the Glaus homer.

The homer Heyward hit didn't look like that bad of a pitch, low and on the outer half ... Heyward is just that good. I mean ... THAT good.

you're kidding right? two words best describe that pitch...beach ball
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,780
    Ricky Botallico said it best during the post game. That was a back breaker. Least Halladay is pitching tonight :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Ricky Botallico said it best during the post game. That was a back breaker. Least Halladay is pitching tonight :D

over/under on braves hits tonight? i am setting it at 4...
    www.myspace.com

it's still april right? why the fuck is everyone making such a big deal about 1 fucking game in april?

I don't get it.

phils win 4-2. atl will have more than 4 hits. madson allows 2 baserunners in 9th, but gets save
    Jim Callis writes for Baseball America. He is a well respected scout.

Jim - tell me a little bit about Jarred Cosart. Does he have Top 100 mobility?

Jim Callis (2:16 PM)

The first thing that always jumps to mind for me with Cosart--probably because I work on our Texas state list every year--is that he broke some of Jay Buhner's record for single-season batting average at Clear Creek HS in League City, Texas, batting .506 as a senior. He's obviously a pitcher now, and yes, he's a Top 100 type of guy. He flashes a mid-90s fastball and a plus curveball, and could be the Phillies' No. 1 prospect once Domonic Brown is promoted.
    The Fixer wrote:

it's still april right? why the fuck is everyone making such a big deal about 1 fucking game in april?

I don't get it.

cuz its a continuation of his closer problems from last year.

still early, sure. but i understand the concern.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

I don't get it.

cuz its a continuation of his closer problems from last year.

still early, sure. but i understand the concern.

their closer didn't pitch last night did he?
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

no. their closer, the one who lead the league in blown saves last year, is rehabbing in florida. how don't you understand the concern here?
    www.myspace.com
  • The Fixer wrote:

I don't get it.

I don't get why anyone thinks a loss in April is really any different than any other loss. The had a three run lead with ONE out to go for a win. Now the Braves and Phillies are tied for first. Sure, they're both only 8-5, but what happens when at the end of the season they're both 92-70, tied for first? That one fucking game in April that there shouldn't have been any way to lose will be a big fucking deal.
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
    The Fixer wrote:

I don't get it.

I don't get why anyone thinks a loss in April is really any different than any other loss. The had a three run lead with ONE out to go for a win. Now the Braves and Phillies are tied for first. Sure, they're both only 8-5, but what happens when at the end of the season they're both 92-70, tied for first? That one fucking game in April that there shouldn't have been any way to lose will be a big fucking deal.

it is early though. they are going to lose some games they should win.

but, still, to not see any cause for some concern just means you are looking at things through red goggles.
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,714
    The Fixer wrote:

I don't get it.

A loss in April is not the sames as a loss in September. Sure, it counts the same in the standings but you have a lot more time to make up for a loss in April than you do for a loss later in the season.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,780

:lol: close over by one. Can we just give Halladay the Cy Young now? :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I don't get it.

A loss in April is not the sames as a loss in September. Sure, it counts the same in the standings but you have a lot more time to make up for a loss in April than you do for a loss later in the season.

Exactly. Better to get these tight, dipshit, games out of the way earlier in the season than implode in September. There's a division rival about 90 miles north from us who know this all too well. :thumbup:

And, Jeags, I know about Hayward. I was touting this guy earlier on as well. I'm just going to be nauseated by the ball sucking by June.

And I'm not gonna lie - if Doc asked me to shave his scrote, I'd oblige.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,714
    Was flicking between the Phillies and Red Sox. Hell of a play from Utley in the 8th. Halladay may not lose to an NL team all year. Thank god he is out of the AL East.
    DOC IT. :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
    their closer didn't pitch last night did he?[/quote][/quote][/quote]

no. their closer, the one who lead the league in blown saves last year, is rehabbing in florida. how don't you understand the concern here?[/quote]

OK, I am gonna offer you some advice here, free of charge. let's see how lidge pitches in may and june. if he sucks, then we can get our panties in a bunch. it's the 3rd week of april bro...chill
    The Fixer wrote:

I don't get it.

we know they don't have mariano rivera. we know their bullpen is not a strong part of their team. they are gonna blow games in the late innings with their pen, and they are gonna win games late with their offense.

if this game was in sept it would be a big deal. but it's the 3rd week of april, so it's not a big deal
    The Fixer wrote:
    [/quote][/quote]

no. their closer, the one who lead the league in blown saves last year, is rehabbing in florida. how don't you understand the concern here?[/quote]

OK, I am gonna offer you some advice here, free of charge. let's see how lidge pitches in may and june. if he sucks, then we can get our panties in a bunch. it's the 3rd week of april bro...chill[/quote]

"concern". why does one have to chill over simply having concerns?

either way, they can blow another 17 games and still get to the world series. the nl blows.
    www.myspace.com
    Jeags, nice call on halladay's O/U

any of you clowns trying for newark tix?
    The Fixer wrote:

well my o/u with my braves fan friend was 0 though...

nah--all of these dates don't jive with my schedule at all. unless i pull the trigger on stub hub or something last minute, i may end up missing this whole mini tour. which ones are you going to?
    www.myspace.com
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    this guy is gonna win 25 games in the NL EAST

THANK YOU FOR TAKING HIM AWAY FROM US :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    DOC IT. :thumbup:

I still cant get used to seeing such a stud pitch

I was too young to remember Lefty

Its something special
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm only going to the MSG II show

Probably taking the train up
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
This discussion has been closed.