***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,959
    The Fixer wrote:
    Surprised no douches outside of the Philly area - or within it for that matter - have brought up that piece of garbage that puked intentionally all over an off-duty cop and his two daughters. I personally looked this guy up on Facebook with the intention of curbing him. Anyway, can't believe I haven't gotten any "You stay classy Philadelphia" lines yet in here like I have on FB.

yeah, thanks for bringing it up.

you know where I stand on 95% of philly fans. this is the same type of ass hole that tries to start the wave at games

Ya see, I think you're too convictive. To me, it's the other way around. The majority is silent. I just think the few(the weirdos on 610) speak for the masses, which really sucks.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    Surprised no douches outside of the Philly area - or within it for that matter - have brought up that piece of garbage that puked intentionally all over an off-duty cop and his two daughters. I personally looked this guy up on Facebook with the intention of curbing him. Anyway, can't believe I haven't gotten any "You stay classy Philadelphia" lines yet in here like I have on FB.

this is one of the downsides to winning - once you become the hot place to be aholes like this dude start going to games. the Phils need to be careful here - at times their games are becoming more like eagles games with the excessive tailgating and young drunk idiots. don't get wrong, i enjoy tailgating and having some beers at games but never understood the point of going and getting totally obliterated drunk (same thing with concerts).

oh well let's kick the marlins butts - Halladay on the mound tonight.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    pjhawks wrote:

this is one of the downsides to winning - once you become the hot place to be aholes like this dude start going to games. the Phils need to be careful here - at times their games are becoming more like eagles games with the excessive tailgating and young drunk idiots. don't get wrong, i enjoy tailgating and having some beers at games but never understood the point of going and getting totally obliterated drunk (same thing with concerts).

oh well let's kick the marlins butts - Halladay on the mound tonight.

yup. its a little different than eagles fans because a lot of these punks dont even care about the game. they care about getting drunk and walking around ashburn alley and puking on 11 year olds.... at least at the linc, you have 60,000 season ticket holders who are interested in the game.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah, thanks for bringing it up.

you know where I stand on 95% of philly fans. this is the same type of ass hole that tries to start the wave at games

Ya see, I think you're too convictive. To me, it's the other way around. The majority is silent. I just think the few(the weirdos on 610) speak for the masses, which really sucks.

fair enough and you're probably right. there are proabably more good fans than bad. the idiots are just more pronounced. the bozos that boo Hamels (the guy that carried the Phils to a WS title) in his first home start of the year are the ones that deserve to be puked on. the new fans don't realize how good he was in 2008 because they just started going to games.

610 fuels the ever-raging philly idiot machine. brutal

I won't even get into the turds that wear eagles jerseys or start eagles chants at phils games.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

the bozos that boo Hamels (the guy that carried the Phils to a WS title) in his first home start of the year are the ones that deserve to be puked on. the new fans don't realize how good he was in 2008 because they just started going to games.

why do you think the people who booed hamels are "new" fans?

do you then think the ones who booed the greatest 3rd baseman to ever play the game were "new" fans?

dude...these "new" fans are the ones puking on eleven year olds. they're not focused on the game as much as they are about getting wasted.

the people booing hamels are the same people who have booed philly athletes for years...
    www.myspace.com
    the bozos that boo Hamels (the guy that carried the Phils to a WS title) in his first home start of the year are the ones that deserve to be puked on. the new fans don't realize how good he was in 2008 because they just started going to games.

.[/quote][/quote]

do you then think the ones who booed the greatest 3rd baseman to ever play the game were "new" fans?

dude...these "new" fans are the ones puking on eleven year olds. they're not focused on the game as much as they are about getting wasted.

the people booing hamels are the same people who have booed philly athletes for years...[/quote]

you could be right...that would just further prove my point that philly fans are idiots. but we already knew that.

the new fans started showing up to games last year. the playoff crowds in '08 and '09 were night and day.

tarp is on the field. come on rainout. give me halladay tomorrow night!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

[/quote]

the people booing hamels are the same people who have booed philly athletes for years...[/quote]

you could be right...that would just further prove my point that philly fans are idiots. but we already knew that.

the new fans started showing up to games last year. the playoff crowds in '08 and '09 were night and day.

tarp is on the field. come on rainout. give me halladay tomorrow night!!![/quote]

yea but they're not the one's booing though.

these kids have been coming out since the new park opened. vet used to get 20,000. cbt immediated started drawing 30,000-40,000 as soon as it opened. then when we started going to the playoffs and that naturally bumped it up to capacity.
    www.myspace.com
  • The Fixer wrote:
    I had tickets for friday and saturday this coming weekend. Decided I was gonna pick one game to go to and sell the other game. Saw Halladay was pitching saturday, so it was a no brainer. Put my Friday night tickets on facebook and they sold within an hour. Then last night I hear fucking moyer and halladay switched turns and moyer is now pitching saturday.

AIDS

Yeah, my buddy got tickets for us for Saturday. I figured out a while ago it whould be Halladay's home debut as long as they don't fuck with the rotation. Wouldn't you know it they fucked with the rotation. Fuck.
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
    as they say in my line of work...

DOC IT! :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    tonight's examples of why phillies crowds are starting to suck...

'they need to pinch hit stairs'

'who is this gload guy?'

'is this the same phils team that played last night?' (this one was yelled obnoxiously in the 7th inning...perfect example of eagles fans deciding that they now like baseball...you know, since the phils are good now)

'they can't even hit nolasco?' (one of the most talented pitchers in the NL)

and tonight's winner...from the dude sitting right behind me....

'this is my first game at CBP, but I go to a LOT of eagles games' (I heard him say that he wanted to bring his glove, but he was getting made fun of for having a glove so he took it back to the car). My seats are money, but any dude over 12 that brings a glove or sign to a game deserves to get punched in the face. he deserved it for even thinking about it.

and I say moyer is AIDS
    The Fixer wrote:

and I say moyer is AIDS

aids? classy...

i agree that moyer is trash though. that was an awful re-signing last year by amaro.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

'who is this gload guy?'

'is this the same phils team that played last night?' (this one was yelled obnoxiously in the 7th inning...perfect example of eagles fans deciding that they now like baseball...you know, since the phils are good now)

'this is my first game at CBP, but I go to a LOT of eagles games' (I heard him say that he wanted to bring his glove, but he was getting made fun of for having a glove so he took it back to the car). My seats are money, but any dude over 12 that brings a glove or sign to a game deserves to get punched in the face. he deserved it for even thinking about it.

and I say moyer is AIDS

Agreed. On all accounts.

People in my section were hesitant to get up and give Cole what he deserved - a standing ovation. Not gonna lie - I freaked out a bit. Went with, "Get the hell up you ungrateful bastards! You can't wait to boo the man, now get up and give this man what he deserves!"
    The Fixer wrote:

'who is this gload guy?'

and I say moyer is AIDS

Agreed. On all accounts.

People in my section were hesitant to get up and give Cole what he deserved - a standing ovation. Not gonna lie - I freaked out a bit. Went with, "Get the hell up you ungrateful bastards! You can't wait to boo the man, now get up and give this man what he deserves!"

figures he tosses a gem and gets no run support!

that was great to see yesterday.

tough stretch coming up these next couple weeks or so.........
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Great game by Hamels

I hope he keeps it up he looked great

Shame the O-Fence didn't pick him up
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    The Fixer wrote:

'who is this gload guy?'

and I say moyer is AIDS

Agreed. On all accounts.

yeah, the hamels haters are quiet today.

what was werth thinking on that tag up play? he has to go there with 2 outs and the pitcher coming up. I like werth, but he has a tendancy to make a lot of mental mistakes (never hits cutoff man, baserunning errors, etc). I think he'll get overpaid this offseason...he's good, but I think he's more of a complimentary player than a core guy (ie I wouldn't give him 15-18 mill per year like he'll get).
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

'who is this gload guy?'

and I say moyer is AIDS

Agreed. On all accounts.

yeah, the hamels haters are quiet today.

what was werth thinking on that tag up play? he has to go there with 2 outs and the pitcher coming up. I like werth, but he has a tendancy to make a lot of mental mistakes (never hits cutoff man, baserunning errors, etc). I think he'll get overpaid this offseason...he's good, but I think he's more of a complimentary player than a core guy (ie I wouldn't give him 15-18 mill per year like he'll get).

Yeah, I think at the most he should get 15 mil because Jason Bay got at least that and that's ridiculous. Yeah, there's no reason he should've been off that bag that much. If Chooch's ball falls in the gap then it's a run no matter what. Like what's he gonna do, score twice? He needs to be on the bag there just in case for a chance of scoring because of a flubbed throw, as there was. But whatever, their bats go cold sometimes. It happens.

Yeah, it's like the old days when Cole would pitch - the offense takes the day off. :roll:

Yeah, should be interesting the next couple weeks. Should be fun.

Yeah, it's like the old days when Cole would pitch - the offense takes the day off. :roll:

they're banged up right now. this road trip will be a good test. a bad road trip isn't the end of the world. in baseball there's not much point in looking at the standings until memorial day

they should definitely skip happ's turn this week too. I'd rather have him starting in august/sept than make a start in april
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,714
    I almost posted a picture of Werth's biggest blunder but I thought better of it. New season but that was a bad one. I don't think he is worth $15 mil but I would not be suprised if he got it, hopefully not from the Yanks though.

back in '08 that seemed to happen just about every time he took the mound.

looking forward to seeing this heyward beast this week. not looking forward to facing him in our division for the next decade or so though...
    www.myspace.com

looking forward to seeing this heyward beast this week. not looking forward to facing him in our division for the next decade or so though...

tommy hanson is no joke either. like I said before the season, braves are a solid squad. they get 130 games out of chipper, they'll be right there in september
    edited April 2010
    The Fixer wrote:

tommy hanson is no joke either. like I said before the season, braves are a solid squad. they get 130 games out of chipper, they'll be right there in september[/quote]

oh absolutely. they will be in the mix. the marlins will hang around for a while too...
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    Happ to miss next start
    Phillies pitcher J.A. Happ will miss his next start with a what the team said is a "mild flexor pronator muscle strain."

According to a statement from general manager Ruben Amaro Jr., Happ had an MRI exam and was seen by Dr. Michael Ciccotti.

"J.A. has been progressing and improving since then, but we will take a conservative approach and skip his next start," Amaro said. "He is scheduled for a bullpen session on Thursday.”

Happ experienced soreness in his left elbow after his last start.

The Phillies rotation for their upcoming series in Atlanta is as follows:

Tuesday – RHP Kyle Kendrick... :sick:

Wednesday – RHP Roy Halladay

Thursday – LHP Jamie Moyer :sick:

hopefully our offense wakes up for kendrick/moyer games...
    www.myspace.com
    on the fans/hamels theme, this gonzo character has a timely article about it here. no doubt the fans that were so quick to boo him were probably the same ones chanting for aj feeley to replace mcnabb way back in....2003 :wtf:

Gonzo: Hamels a marked man

By John Gonzalez

Inquirer Columnist
    Some people were pretty broken up about Donovan McNabb leaving town. I know this because I received e-mails saying things like, "I'm pretty broken up about Donovan McNabb leaving town."

There's a whole faction of Philly fans out there who were despondent and think the Birds and some of the rest of us mistreated McNabb and forced him out of town. Maybe you weren't one of them, but they exist, and they were sad to see him go.

Cole Hamels was hurt by the trade of Donovan McNabb. Since then, many of the city´s loud critics have focused on Hamels.

Cole Hamels was hurt by the trade of Donovan McNabb. Since then, many of the city's loud critics have focused on Hamels.

When they finally form their support group - held on alternate Tuesdays at the local VFW - Cole Hamels will no doubt be selected to lead the Missing McNabb Meeting, or Triple M for those of you who prefer acronyms.

Close your eyes. You can almost see Hamels in a room full of weepy fans fueled by stale doughnuts and weak coffee. As they sit around and hold hands with one another, the sharing begins:

Hamels: Hi. I'm Cole.

Triple M members: Hi, Cole.

Hamels: [sniffle] Two years ago, I had it all. Then I hit a rough patch, and things got pretty bad. I just wasn't delivering. But at least I had Don to take some of the heat off. He covered for me. Now he's gone, and I'm all alone with people who can't decide if they dig me or detest me.

With McNabb in Washington, there's no question who's inherited his position as the most scrutinized athlete in Philly. After 11 years of oscillating between loving and hating McNabb, we've shifted the focus of our sports schizophrenia to Hamels.

On Sunday, after pitching into the ninth inning, Hamels received a standing ovation from the crowd at Citizen's Bank Park. Even though he lost the game, he pitched well, and the fans acknowledged it.

It was a different reaction than he experienced after his first two starts of the season - both of which, ironically, were wins. Hamels had some rough moments in those initial outings, and some Phils fans grumbled that Hollywood might be a big budget bust. Those same people - the intemperate and impatient who didn't wait for the season to mature before hammering Hamels - receded into the background on Sunday. Don't think they're gone for good. They're just waiting for him to stumble again, at which point they'll reappear.

Hamels is learning what the stars that came before him - McNabb and Allen Iverson, Eric Lindros and Randall Cunningham and so many others - found out a long time ago: Perception often trumps reality in Philly. How Hamels actually plays seems not to matter to a subset of fans and journalists who have already made up their minds about the pitcher. Some people are predisposed to dislike him.

Hamels is an easy target in a lot of ways: the (quasi) celebrity wife; the amateurish, low-budget commercials; the creepy Philadelphia magazine ad he did with children that weren't his; the tiny dog he once carried around Center City; the inane comments he made during the World Series last year about wanting a fresh start - none of that has helped him avoid being picked at by the circling vultures who love feasting on his flesh.

Part of that simply comes with the gig when you're a high-profile athlete here. And part of it is unfair or at the very least premature. McNabb and some others had long runs in Philadelphia before the spotlight became too hot, and they either melted or moved on (or both). Hamels hasn't been extended the same courtesy.

He had a down season a year ago, no doubt. But the 2010 campaign is off to a far better start, a fact the detractors conveniently ignore.

Last season, Hamels was 0-2 in his first three starts with an ERA (9.69) more bloated than Charlie Manuel's pre-weight-loss waistline. This season, Hamels is 2-1 in his first three starts with a much-improved 3.86 ERA.

(It's only appropriate to pause here and acknowledge a Sports Wit' record that will almost definitely stand forever: Two sets of stats in a single Page 2 column. It's our version of the Joe DiMaggio hit streak.)

Between his better individual numbers and the team's hot collective start, you'd think Hamels would be afforded a little time to do what Manuel said and gradually "get better command of his pitches."

Nope. Doesn't work that way. Not here. Not with Hamels.

It would behoove Hamels to polish the cutter and curve as soon as possible - to pitch the way he did in the 2008 playoffs and avoid anything remotely resembling his performance in 2009 - because the wait-and-see-how-he-throws method doesn't work for some people around here. They get antsy, and then the mob mobilizes with pitchforks and lanterns and that's when things get ugly.

I wonder if his critics know they can't trade him to the Redskins.
    www.myspace.com
    Gonzo's a douche. Don't like anything about the man - or should I say boy? Everything about him rubs me the wrong way - from the way he talks, to how he acts, writes, looks. Hate his face. Stop talking for MY city, John-I-try-to-be-the-new-Bill-Simmons-Gonzalez.
    edited April 2010
    Gonzo's a douche. Don't like anything about the man - or should I say boy? Everything about him rubs me the wrong way - from the way he talks, to how he acts, writes, looks. Hate his face. Stop talking for MY city, John-I-try-to-be-the-new-Bill-Simmons-Gonzalez.

I agree. I started reading Jeags post up to the point where I saw 'by John Gonzalez', then I stopped reading. I read the philly papers online every morning. I never read Gonzo's columns. or sam donellon's...once he trashed the phils for letting jon leiber go I vowed to never read another of his articles. That kind of comment is something I'd expect to hear on 610 (if I listened to that crap)
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    You guys been reading about the phils new young pitching beast? He's still a few years away, but apparently he lights up the radar gun (the last sentence should get your attention if you haven't heard of him). Phils low level minor leagues are supposed to have some really good talent.

Jarred Cosart, RHP, Philadelphia Phillies (Low-A Lakewood)
    Monday's stats: 6 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 10 K

Although the Phillies seemingly mortgaged the future to bring Roy Halladay to the rotation of the defending National League champs, their minor league organization is still packed with high-ceiling talent at the lower levels. Standing out on Monday was Cosart, a 38th-round pick in 2008 whom the Phillies paid more than a half-million dollars to dissuade from going to college. Although he's awfully raw, he already has a fastball that gets into the mid-90s as well as a promising breaking ball, and his command and consistency already have made great strides in 2010. In three starts, he has struck out 24 in 17 innings while walking just three.

agree. you are right on point here. total douche.

his show with vai sikahema is awful. he does have a point here though.
    www.myspace.com
  • Kendrick pitched great tonight on his way to a win....or not. Thanks Ryan Madson!
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Kendrick pitched great tonight on his way to a win....or not. Thanks Ryan Madson!

wow last I saw its was 3-0 bottom of the 8th!
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
This discussion has been closed.