***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    touche. i think those two were going at it over the mcnabb stuff last week for a bit...

by the way i just looked up raul's stats. he was 3-4 on friday and then 1-4 and 1-5 vs houston. that's one stellar game if you're keep score at home :mrgreen:

Make sure when I see you to slap you in the balls, followed by a wet willy.

RAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUL!
    www.myspace.com
    rollins going on the dl...
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    15 day dl could have been worse. Kinda wanna see what charlie does to the lineup now. Like I said before I'd leave it the same inless castro is killing us there.If he is then I'm all for shane moving up to leadoff,but I'd give castro a shot so we don't disrupt the lineup if we don't have to.
    Go Birds!!!!
    15 day dl could have been worse. Kinda wanna see what charlie does to the lineup now. Like I said before I'd leave it the same inless castro is killing us there.If he is then I'm all for shane moving up to leadoff,but I'd give castro a shot so we don't disrupt the lineup if we don't have to.

i gotta concur with jearlpam on this one.
    www.myspace.com
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063

Great, now we need Utley and Howard to join him for the duration of the season..oh wait, wrong thread, wrong team..carry on....
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,780
    this is gonna be one long game, already 7-7 in the 3rd inning.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    best start since '93!
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    best start since '93!

To quote your boy Jearlpam : "Thats not start sucking each other dicks just yet"

It's still the Nats and Stros so far...grant it we're still a great team but we have definitely had a favorable schedule
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    best start since '93!

To quote your boy Jearlpam : "Thats not start sucking each other dicks just yet"

It's still the Nats and Stros so far...grant it we're still a great team but we have definitely had a favorable schedule

national league bro ... whole season is favorable :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    best start since '93!

believe me i know. just thought i'd mention it.

still--another bad pitching performance. other than doc's two starts we have had one other good outing by happ...
    www.myspace.com
    best start since '93!

national league bro ... whole season is favorable :mrgreen:

beat it---go worry about your old ass team in your own thread :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    You're suppose to beat the bad teams and beat them good...and thats what this team is doing...now lets see what they do to the Marlins
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
    petrocs wrote:
    You're suppose to beat the bad teams and beat them good...and thats what this team is doing...now lets see what they do to the Marlins

is your starter supposed to make out of the 2nd inning against bad teams though?
    www.myspace.com
    petrocs wrote:

is your starter supposed to make out of the 2nd inning against bad teams though?

Hes what we call in the "BIZ" a "FILL IN FUCK HEAD" He will never see the mound on a Major League field again after Blanton comes back
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
    petrocs wrote:
    petrocs wrote:

Hes what we call in the "BIZ" a "FILL IN FUCK HEAD" He will never see the mound on a Major League field again after Blanton comes back

i hear ya..i'm just concerned that the other starters have not looked good either, save for j a...

this offence is a god damn JUGGERNAUT though...WOW
    www.myspace.com
    petrocs wrote:

i hear ya..i'm just concerned that the other starters have not looked good either, save for j a...

Who needs pitching when youre scoring 8 runs a game...you and I could go out there and picth and win 20 games
    Shows:
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    this offense is awesome and not even in the hot weather yet. the Utley and Howard deep flyouts would have been homers in the summer. so much fun to watch this team.

as bad as the non-Halladay starters have been the bullpen has been pretty damn good so far. not exactly playing the yankees yet but are kicking ass and taking names - i love it.
    petrocs wrote:
    petrocs wrote:

Who needs pitching when youre scoring 8 runs a game...you and I could go out there and picth and win 20 games

you're right. who needs quality starting pitching?! :wtf: :wtf: :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I had tickets for friday and saturday this coming weekend. Decided I was gonna pick one game to go to and sell the other game. Saw Halladay was pitching saturday, so it was a no brainer. Put my Friday night tickets on facebook and they sold within an hour. Then last night I hear fucking moyer and halladay switched turns and moyer is now pitching saturday.

AIDS
    DO YOU GUYS PLAY THE NATS EVERY GAME? :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    The Fixer wrote:
    I had tickets for friday and saturday this coming weekend. Decided I was gonna pick one game to go to and sell the other game. Saw Halladay was pitching saturday, so it was a no brainer. Put my Friday night tickets on facebook and they sold within an hour. Then last night I hear fucking moyer and halladay switched turns and moyer is now pitching saturday.

AIDS

hahaha....i'm looking for tickets for tomorrow actually
    www.myspace.com
    interesting paul hagen article as to what might be wrong with cold and kendrick:

'http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phillies/20100416_Paul_Hagen__Philliedelphia__Cutter_could_be_culprit_for_Cole__Kyle.html
    EVEN BEFORE Kyle Kendrick got blasted in his latest start, a scout who followed the Phillies closely late in spring training and in the early days of the season offered an interesting insight about Kendrick and Cole Hamels.

"They've both fallen in love with their cutters," he said.

n that the cutter (a variation of the slider) is the kind of pitch that tends to detract from the rest of a pitcher's arsenal if it's thrown too often. Specifically, he said, he thought it was hurting Kendrick's sinker and Hamels' curve.

That theory took on a little more gravitas when Kendrick went out shortly afterwards and was tagged for six runs on six hits and three walks in 1 2/3 innings.

Which, in turn, triggered a memory of what 283-game winner Jim Kaat said this spring when asked about Hamels, an eerily similar observation.

"I read where they were going to teach Cole Hamels a slider," he said. "I was a [Twins] teammate of [manager Charlie Manuel] and I follow the Phillies. I just kind of wanted to warn him that I learned early in my career, actually from Whitey Ford, it's very rare, if at all, that you find a pitcher who has a good curve and a good slider. They have one or the other.

"If they have a good slider, their curve, most of the time, is a mediocre pitch, and vice versa. Cole Hamels has such a good curveball that I just didn't want to sit back and not say that to him. To me, the best way to pitch today, particularly if you're a lefthander, is fastball-changeup-curveball. There are more sliders hit out of the ballpark, particularly in late-game, game-on-the-line situations, than any other pitch. I know in my own career, when I started minimizing my slider and going to other pitches, particularly in the late innings, it was more beneficial to me.

"The problem with a slider for me is it's a very fickle pitch. It's an easy pitch to learn, and you fall in love with it because it's easy to throw for a strike. You'll throw three or four that are really good ones that have a lot of bite, but then that one mediocre one you throw [gets belted]."

Well, everybody has an opinion. Especially when things aren't going well. But consider this:

According to the pitch-by-pitch breakdown on MLB.com, Kendrick has thrown 107 pitches this season. Almost a third - 33 of them - have been sliders. And, coincidentally or otherwise, his sinker has been staying up in the strike zone and getting tattooed.

Hamels has a 5.06 earned run average. Daily News Phillies beat writer Dave Murphy figured out that the lefthander has thrown 27 cutters to this point of the season and has had a lot of success with it: 20 strikes and just two hits.

The flip side, though, is that he's having little success with the curve that was supposed to be the key to his season. He's thrown only 11 so far (out of 212 total pitches), just two for strikes.

Maybe this is an answer. Maybe not. But it's certainly worth considering.
    www.myspace.com
    what is wrong with Kendrick? he stinks - what the heck has this guy ever done to warrant talk in the same sentence as Cole Hamels? Kendrick is a border-line major league pitcher - nothing more nothing less.
    pjhawks wrote:
    what is wrong with Kendrick? he stinks - what the heck has this guy ever done to warrant talk in the same sentence as Cole Hamels? Kendrick is a border-line major league pitcher - nothing more nothing less.

what's wrong with kendrick? i think it's the era over 17 in 2 games verses one of the worst teams in the league.

jim kaat was not comparing him to hamels. he was comparing the fact that they both are experimenting with cutters for the first time. did you read the article?
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

what's wrong with kendrick? i think it's the era over 17 in 2 games verses one of the worst teams in the league.

jim kaat was not comparing him to hamels. he was comparing the fact that they both are experimenting with cutters for the first time. did you read the article?

Jaegs was just referring to Kendrick comparison's in general not the article in particular. the amount of talk about kendrick and how well he pitched in spring training and was following Halladay was nauseating. the guy is a border line major league pitcher and is all he will be.
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

Jaegs was just referring to Kendrick comparison's in general not the article in particular. the amount of talk about kendrick and how well he pitched in spring training and was following Halladay was nauseating. the guy is a border line major league pitcher and is all he will be.

apparently blanton is back next week. kendrick is gone, so everyone just chill out. and hamels will be fine

the nats offense isn't as bad as people think. they will score some runs this year. their pitching is what sucks
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,961
    Surprised no douches outside of the Philly area - or within it for that matter - have brought up that piece of garbage that puked intentionally all over an off-duty cop and his two daughters. I personally looked this guy up on Facebook with the intention of curbing him. Anyway, can't believe I haven't gotten any "You stay classy Philadelphia" lines yet in here like I have on FB.
    I READ SOME DRUNK THREW UP ON KIDS AT THE GAME

CLASSY TOWN PHILLY
    Surprised no douches outside of the Philly area - or within it for that matter - have brought up that piece of garbage that puked intentionally all over an off-duty cop and his two daughters. I personally looked this guy up on Facebook with the intention of curbing him. Anyway, can't believe I haven't gotten any "You stay classy Philadelphia" lines yet in here like I have on FB.

yeah, thanks for bringing it up.

you know where I stand on 95% of philly fans. this is the same type of ass hole that tries to start the wave at games
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,961
    I READ SOME DRUNK THREW UP ON KIDS AT THE GAME

CLASSY TOWN PHILLY

There it is.
This discussion has been closed.