***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    um 6-1 now :P

yeah Cole didn't impress me today. Still early. Thank god for our offense and the bullpen came through :)

oh yeah--6-1....one more to tie the '93 team's start! this start is really similiar to that team too in that we played houston on the road before coming back for the home opener. also--george hw bush was at this series and the 93 series too

GO PHILS
    www.myspace.com
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    of course, y'all fail to mention Rollins was scratched (from the home opener) with a strained calf and Werth was pulled after striaining his hip.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    of course, y'all fail to mention Rollins was scratched (from the home opener) with a strained calf and Werth was pulled after striaining his hip.

werth is fine....the strained calf is the same thing shane and dobbs had a couple years ago. we might be looking at j roll out for a few weeks. hopefully the mri comes back clean...
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Anyone else sick of Hamels ?

Whats the excuse this year ?

no.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    The Fixer wrote:

no.

why?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    12:30 today

some jewerly up in the bronx :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    The Fixer wrote:

no.

why?

you gotta be a little concerned at this point. there are positives though. better body language, better fast ball, etc etc etc....

if rollins goes to the dl, do we move shane to leadoff and castro to 7th hole?

how bout polanco leading off?
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    you gotta be a little concerned at this point. there are positives though. better body language, better fast ball, etc etc etc....

if rollins goes to the dl, do we move shane to leadoff and castro to 7th hole?

how bout polanco leading off?[/quote][/quote]

Whatever we do Polanco has to stay in the two hole. And i don't know if u move shane, i think they want him to get use to batting in the 7 hole. i wouldn't be suprised if Castro leads off while Rollins is out.
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

no.

why?

he won a WS MVP. he's still young. I don't know how philly fans can say they're sick of him
    Maybe because he has an ERA over 5.00 against the worst team in the NL ?

I just dont trust him to be dominant again

it's 2 starts bro. and the nats lineup is much better than the crap the astros are running out there these days
    The Fixer wrote:

it's 2 starts bro. and the nats lineup is much better than the crap the astros are running out there these days

I know its 2 starts but he hasn't shown anything at all since '08

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,961
    I don't know what the hell's been going around here, but....a couple things...

To the individual who said to keep Shane in the 7 hole while Jimmy's out and lead off Castro???? Surely, you can't be serious. And you better not call me Shirley. You don't lead of with a career .230 hitter. C'mon now.

And everyone's gotta cool the fuck out on Hamels for Christ's sakes. Does he walk and talk like a douche? Absolutely. But last year wasn't even a horrible year - it was a mediocre year. And you can't have that out of your #1. It's two fucking starts, people. Nothing is fucked here. Talk to me in June/July about this Hamels nonsense. At least be glad he's finding his velocity early in the season. The Verducci Effect is real. We're SEVEN games into the season - seven facking games.

And, Jeags, lay off Ibanez. I don't think your sample size is big enough to get on his case. Goes 0-3 and you bring that up, yet not the fact that he had some stellar games in Houston? Can't have one without the other. The guy is a professional and grinds his way through slumps. I'll take him hitting 6/7 in my lineup any day.

To the individual who said to keep Shane in the 7 hole while Jimmy's out and lead off Castro???? Surely, you can't be serious. And you better not call me Shirley. You don't lead of with a career .230 hitter. C'mon now.

And everyone's gotta cool the fuck out on Hamels for Christ's sakes. Does he walk and talk like a douche? Absolutely. But last year wasn't even a horrible year - it was a mediocre year. And you can't have that out of your #1. It's two fucking starts, people. Nothing is fucked here. Talk to me in June/July about this Hamels nonsense. At least be glad he's finding his velocity early in the season. The Verducci Effect is real. We're SEVEN games into the season - seven facking games.

And, Jeags, lay off Ibanez. I don't think your sample size is big enough to get on his case. Goes 0-3 and you bring that up, yet not the fact that he had some stellar games in Houston? Can't have one without the other. The guy is a professional and grinds his way through slumps. I'll take him hitting 6/7 in my lineup any day.
    I think they've made it clear that shane is there 7th hole hitter let him get comfortable there since that's were his gonna be for years to come.He's gonna be a lot more valuable there this year but I understand if they move him to leadoff. Batting in the 7th hole he can be the free swinger he is and that's there plan for him. If u move him up to leadoff ur going against evrything u did in spring training. Hed have to competely change his thought process and try and take a lot of pitches,the exact opposite thing they've told him to do all spring. To me its a step backwards and with the way this offensive has been don't change it inless they start struggling with castro leading off.
    Go Birds!!!!

I think they've made it clear that shane is there 7th hole hitter let him get comfortable there since that's were his gonna be for years to come.He's gonna be a lot more valuable there this year but I understand if they move him to leadoff. Batting in the 7th hole he can be the free swinger he is and that's there plan for him. If u move him up to leadoff ur going against evrything u did in spring training. Hed have to competely change his thought process and try and take a lot of pitches,the exact opposite thing they've told him to do all spring. To me its a step backwards and with the way this offensive has been don't change it inless they start struggling with castro leading off.

Follow me here....

You
    do
    not
    bat
    a
    career
    hitter
    with
    little
    to
    no
    speed
    in
    the
    lead
    off
    spot.

Follow me here....

You
    do
    not
    bat
    a
    career
    hitter
    with
    little
    to
    no
    speed
    in
    the
    lead
    off
    spot.
    Listen here he did ok yesterday and if it's for 2 weeks do it.Listen here try him at leadoff and see what happens.listen here this offensive is good enough to get bye for 2 weeks with him.listen here your not right or wrong
    Go Birds!!!!

Follow me here....

You
    do
    not
    bat
    a
    career
    hitter
    with
    little
    to
    no
    speed
    in
    the
    lead
    off
    spot.
    Listen here he did ok yesterday and if it's for 2 weeks do it.Listen here try him at leadoff and see what happens.listen here this offensive is good enough to get bye for 2 weeks with him.listen here your not right or wrong

1. I am right.
    2. Homophones - buy/bye/by. It can be tough, I know.
    edited April 2010
    Sorry message board english police if I type words incorrectly on my blackberry.Proves what I've thought for a while. Jeags might have different views but at least he's not an azz about it. And your not correct and I might not be either time will tell there genius.
    Post edited by jamminpearls on
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,716
    Not to break up some good old fashioned philly bickering but take a look at these bad boys...

http://mlb.mlb.com/social/hitpix/index. ... otoid=1348

ah, finally a voice of reason. the one thing that sucks about the phils being good is all the new 'fans'. idiots at the game yesterday were booing hamels. I love philly but I hate the fans

it doesn't matter who leads off. I would agree that victorino is the best option though. I read that rollins could be out for 4-6 weeks

hey my sample size dates back to june of 2009 with that old head :mrgreen: . and, yes, i'm aware of his injuries. if we get .260, 25 hrs and 80 rbi's out of him, i'll take it. just not a fan of that 3 year deal.

agree on hamels though--if he still has an era north of 4.50 in june then that is clearly the time to sound the alarms. still, i was looking for a little more in his first two starts. that's all i'm saying. gotta have more than mediocre out of him come october.

i love the banter though gentlemen! great time of year! BANTER!!!
    www.myspace.com
  • petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Not to break up some good old fashioned philly bickering but take a look at these bad boys...

Those are some ugly ass rings...

SaddamYankees.jpg

Just remember....Sadam was a Yankees fan..and you know what we did to him
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,716
    petrocs wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

SaddamYankees.jpg

Haha, not sure how to respond to that last part

It does not get more beautiful than those rings. I would trade my girlfriend for one.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    petrocs wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

SaddamYankees.jpg

Haha, not sure how to respond to that last part

It does not get more beautiful than those rings. I would trade my girlfriend for one.

Eh....just meh to the rings. Anyway, with that, 2009 is over.
    The Fixer wrote:

ah, finally a voice of reason. the one thing that sucks about the phils being good is all the new 'fans'. idiots at the game yesterday were booing hamels. I love philly but I hate the fans

it doesn't matter who leads off. I would agree that victorino is the best option though. I read that rollins could be out for 4-6 weeks

Actually, I wouldn't mind Werth leading off even more than Shane - sees more pitches. But, then again, I don't wanna lose his bat behind Howard's.
    The Fixer wrote:

jeeeebus man. you hate phillies fans. you hate eagles fans. what are your thoughts on st joes hawks fans? :wtf:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

jeeeebus man. you hate phillies fans. you hate eagles fans. what are your thoughts on st joes hawks fans? :wtf:

Granted, Jeags, he's more reasonable than the pjhawks dude who comes in here slamming everyone. Dude is the end-all be-all on everything.
    The Fixer wrote:

philadelphia fans in general are idiots. this is not a revelation. eagles fans are the worst, though the bandwagon phils fans are gaining ground.

ripping hamels after 2 starts...come on.

I just don't have tolerance for stupid people. This is why I refuse to listen to 610.

jeeeebus man. you hate phillies fans. you hate eagles fans. what are your thoughts on st joes hawks fans? :wtf:[/quote]

Granted, Jeags, he's more reasonable than the pjhawks dude who comes in here slamming everyone. Dude is the end-all be-all on everything.[/quote]

touche. i think those two were going at it over the mcnabb stuff last week for a bit...

by the way i just looked up raul's stats. he was 3-4 on friday and then 1-4 and 1-5 vs houston. that's one stellar game if you're keep score at home :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    touche. i think those two were going at it over the mcnabb stuff last week for a bit...

by the way i just looked up raul's stats. he was 3-4 on friday and then 1-4 and 1-5 vs houston. that's one stellar game if you're keep score at home :mrgreen:

Make sure when I see you to slap you in the balls, followed by a wet willy.
This discussion has been closed.