Options

***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,625
    The Fixer wrote:

NYE is the one night of the year (non-bach party related), where I actually don't mind going out and doing a VIP type thing. been that way since my single days, so I guess my friends and I are trying to keep that tradition going (been a few years since we've done it).

Bought a bottle of JW Green for that party I went to on saturday. I'm on a huge scotch kick right now (never really drank it until a few months ago). Sunday was rough

I hear you. I just don't like people enough to spend that much money on bottle service and be around that many people. That stuff is reserved for AC/Vegas and when I have big fake breasts in my face. :lol:

Nice, pretty good stuff. I just got my hands on a bottle of this stuff as a Christmas present to myself. My liquor cabinet is absolutely stacked right now

http://www.edradour.com/main3.html
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,644
    Nice restaurant reviews. I've read that ribs aren't actually supposed to fall off the bone, and should be a little tough. But I agree I like them more when they're falling off.

I've been on a bourbon & rye kick, but I hope my dad buys me the 20-year Speyside whisky that Costco was selling. ;)

My dad and I heading down for lunch today. probably Good Dog.

Still watching that Family Feud - love it! Willie Aitken's toothpick is the shit.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Nice restaurant reviews. I've read that ribs aren't actually supposed to fall off the bone, and should be a little tough. But I agree I like them more when they're falling off.

I've been on a bourbon & rye kick, but I hope my dad buys me the 20-year Speyside whisky that Costco was selling. ;)

My dad and I heading down for lunch today. probably Good Dog.

Still watching that Family Feud - love it! Willie Aitken's toothpick is the shit.

That is correct. Technically ribs that are falling off the bone are over cooked. I don't mind them either way as long as they are not dried out and the rub and bbq sauce are good.

Nice. That's good stuff. Speaking of rye, anyone try Dads Hat yet? A somewhat new distillery near here. I plan on picking up a bottle of that.

I haven't been to Good Dog in a while, good stuff though.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,372
    count me in for those liking ribs overcooked then.

i hate when i have to battle with the bone
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    count me in for those liking ribs overcooked then.

i hate when i have to battle with the bone

I hear you. I think there is a fine line between a battle with the bone and falling off the bone that they should be at. It's tough to get to though.

I made ribs probably half a dozen times this year, and I haven't been able to get it just right yet.
  • Options
    This place is awesome by the way

http://bluebellybbq.com/index.html
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I guess that makes up for them closing that wawa down.

cody ross talking to the rangers. my fingers are crossed
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Ha yeah, that is now in the process of turning into a 7-11.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,091
    Phills sign RHP Mike Adams for 2 years. I'm not too familair with im but looking at his numbers, looks liek a good deal.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Phills sign RHP Mike Adams for 2 years. I'm not too familair with im but looking at his numbers, looks liek a good deal.

assuming he's healthy, i'd say we'd have one of the best back end pens in the league. 8th innings killed the phils last year. i like this signing too.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

assuming he's healthy, i'd say we'd have one of the best back end pens in the league. 8th innings killed the phils last year. i like this signing too.

He was not very good at all last year. If he can get back to 2010 form, yeah, but not last year. Almost 10 hits per 9.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

He was not very good at all last year. If he can get back to 2010 form, yeah, but not last year. Almost 10 hits per 9.

well, yeah...which is why i prefaced it by say "assuming he's healthy." he was one the games best relievers for the previous 5 years. so if healthy, we're in pretty good shape back there. only 2 years-- good move.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

well, yeah...which is why i prefaced it by say "assuming he's healthy." he was one the games best relievers for the previous 5 years. so if healthy, we're in pretty good shape back there. good move.

Yeah.

I wanted the Yankees to sign Soria....2 Tommy Johns is scary though. But only one year.
  • Options
    Speaking of Tavern On Broad....ended up there last night. I will likely never step foot in there again.
  • Options
    capital grill on deck for tomorrow night. the one in kop--haven't been to that one yet.

i think i will just starve myself until then. :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    capital grill on deck for tomorrow night. the one in kop--haven't been to that one yet.

Nice...I have been fucking dying for a steak.

Had a party at 10 Arts last night. Pretty good spot.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Ha yeah, that is now in the process of turning into a 7-11.

I avoid 7-11 at all cost (same with royal farms and sheetz outside of philly). I want wawa to take over the world
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

are you talking about adams or every player on this roster? freaking 2009 all star team. terrible
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Speaking of Tavern On Broad....ended up there last night. I will likely never step foot in there again.

that bad? our plans changed for NYE...hitting a house party in jersey, which should be cool
  • Options

Love CG. Last time I was at the one in KOP the waiter told us that we had just missed raul ibanez
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

that bad? our plans changed for NYE...hitting a house party in jersey, which should be cool

Yeah, man. That bad. Fucking smelled like rotten vomit and there was a rat that ran across the floor. The bartenders/bouncers were also a bunch of cocks. House parties are the way to go. If you are staying in Jersey, stop by 2nd street on your way home.
  • Options
    JP Howell would be a good signing. Always liked him
  • Options
    I swear, the only Christmas crowd I can deal with is the crowd in the Italian Market. I love that fucking place
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I swear, the only Christmas crowd I can deal with is the crowd in the Italian Market. I love that fucking place

Yeah dude, I like some things about xmas, but I don't go near stores. Just picked up a few gift cards at CVS, which is the only shopping I didn't do online.

Wife got me a case of the Anchor Steam Xmas/New Years beer. She's awesome. Last year's version was great...gonna try it tonight.

Also, nice to see cody ross is off the market. Maybe the upton rumors will start back up. Hopefully this doesnt mean wells coming here is more likely
  • Options
    Capital Grill is really solid, esp for a chain. Hopefully you got a cowboy ribeye. My wife wants steaks for NYE (we don't go anywhere, even before we had kids :lol: ). Will get them at Worrell's in Malvern hopefully.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Capital Grill is really solid, esp for a chain. Hopefully you got a cowboy ribeye. My wife wants steaks for NYE (we don't go anywhere, even before we had kids :lol: ). Will get them at Worrell's in Malvern hopefully.

yup. porterhouse or delmonico are my go to's there...or most steakhouses really. opted for the delmonico and it DID NOT DISAPPOINT.

also, is the lobster mac and cheese the best side dish in the entire universe? good lord that is perfection.

we're probably low keying it for nye this year too. i'll be tossing something on the grill, steaks or something. couldn't pay me to be out at anything other than a house party for nye. people just annoy the fuck out of me. they're the worst :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah dude, I like some things about xmas, but I don't go near stores. Just picked up a few gift cards at CVS, which is the only shopping I didn't do online.

Wife got me a case of the Anchor Steam Xmas/New Years beer. She's awesome. Last year's version was great...gonna try it tonight.

Also, nice to see cody ross is off the market. Maybe the upton rumors will start back up. Hopefully this doesnt mean wells coming here is more likely

Word, I had that Anchor Steam the other day. I was really drunk at the time though and don't remember it.

Heading to DiBruno's shortly. Thinking I am going to pick up a quarter pound of that insane prosciutto.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Word, I had that Anchor Steam the other day. I was really drunk at the time though and don't remember it.

Decent. Last year's was better.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Decent. Last year's was better.

One from 2 or 3 years ago was horrendous. I still have a bottle. :lol:

• Options
    Mummers are out in full force today. 2nd street below Washington is closed and all.
This discussion has been closed.