***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,961
    Turned on ESPN hoping Baseball Tonight was on and....boom. Perfect.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,716
    Turned on ESPN hoping Baseball Tonight was on and....boom. Perfect.

Outstanding. I fucking love baseball!!!!!

Alright fellas, about to get some sleep, have a good weekend. Enjoy the game JP, IT'S FUCKING BASEBALL SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

what do you think of the granderson addition? the media is blowing cashman for that move, but I don't think he had the best offseason. granderson's splits are worse than ryan howards. he is solid in CF, but I think I would have rather had gardner/damon over granderson/winn. damon had the biggest play in the WS with that 45 minute AB, then double steal. they will miss him

I think Cashman has had a great couple years, he traded for Granderson and Vasquez, both all-stars while keeping their three top prospects. As much as I love Melky, he is a 4th outfielder and Ajax is just a prospect. He got pieces that fit perfectly for them.

yeah, they are both upgrades over who they had at those positions. I just think granderson is overrated. I think he hit under .200 vs lefties last year (ryan howard syndrome). the yanks prospects are usually overrated, so I agree that they didn't give up much. and like you said, they got to keep montero, who is the heir behind the plate. everything I've read about that dude says he absolutely rakes.

I'm in a really deep dynasty fantasy league. 12 owners, 35 active roster spots, 35 minor league roster spots. The league is great. I love reading about prospects.

You brought up the Lee trade earlier. For the record I absolutely hated it as a phils fan
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,716
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

what do you think of the granderson addition? the media is blowing cashman for that move, but I don't think he had the best offseason. granderson's splits are worse than ryan howards. he is solid in CF, but I think I would have rather had gardner/damon over granderson/winn. damon had the biggest play in the WS with that 45 minute AB, then double steal. they will miss him

I think Cashman has had a great couple years, he traded for Granderson and Vasquez, both all-stars while keeping their three top prospects. As much as I love Melky, he is a 4th outfielder and Ajax is just a prospect. He got pieces that fit perfectly for them.

yeah, they are both upgrades over who they had at those positions. I just think granderson is overrated. I think he hit under .200 vs lefties last year (ryan howard syndrome). the yanks prospects are usually overrated, so I agree that they didn't give up much. and like you said, they got to keep montero, who is the heir behind the plate. everything I've read about that dude says he absolutely rakes.

I'm in a really deep dynasty fantasy league. 12 owners, 35 active roster spots, 35 minor league roster spots. The league is great. I love reading about prospects.

You brought up the Lee trade earlier. For the record I absolutely hated it as a phils fan

I can understand that I but am a fan of Granderson, he has regressed in OBP and Average the last 2 years but his power numbers have gone up. Last year he was under .200 against lefties but he is pretty young and he can figure it out, I think. I love that Cashamn was on the phone before game 6 tryingto make this trade happen. He has hit lefties so far this spring and from everything he says he is just as comfortable agoainst lefties.

Montero is a fucking stud, the videos I have seen, he seems to get a little off balance hitting but still drives the ball. He hit the longest HR of spring training In BP at Yankees camp and that is prety impressive. The only question is, whether he will stick behind the plate. He has a great arm but is a big guy and needs to shorten his motion.

Edit: Regarding Lee, JP is with the Phils on this and I dont want to open a can of worms but I think it was dumb. Halladay, Lee, Hamels is toughto beat and like I said I dont htink the Phillies currently have the picthing to beat any of the 3 AL East teams. With those three a 7 game series gets a whole fucking lot tougher.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I can understand that I but am a fan of Granderson, he has regressed in OBP and Average the last 2 years but his power numbers have gone up. Last year he was under .200 against lefties but he is pretty young and he can figure it out, I think. I love that Cashamn was on the phone before game 6 tryingto make this trade happen. He has hit lefties so far this spring and from everything he says he is just as comfortable agoainst lefties.

Montero is a fucking stud, the videos I have seen, he seems to get a little off balance hitting but still drives the ball. He hit the longest HR of spring training In BP at Yankees camp and that is prety impressive. The only question is, whether he will stick behind the plate. He has a great arm but is a big guy and needs to shorten his motion.

Edit: Regarding Lee, JP is with the Phils on this and I dont want to open a can of worms but I think it was dumb. Halladay, Lee, Hamels is toughto beat and like I said I dont htink the Phillies currently have the picthing to beat any of the 3 AL East teams. With those three a 7 game series gets a whole fucking lot tougher.

It's not that I'm on the Phils' side. Because, like someone said, as a Phils fan I don't like it. Of course not, who would? If I could play fantasy video game trades in real life like on the playstation, then sweet. But, people are missing the point that this wasn't an option and it frustrates me that they won't accept that. And no one can tell me that the Phils are cheap - hence, their payroll. My point is, I can't knock them for what they've done. And to keep bitching about Lee is to sound ungrateful. To me, at least.

It's like Pearl Jam playing those 4 sweet shows in Philly, then saying afterwards, "Seriously? That's it? I mean, that was cool and all, but they could've done one more show for four hours - I mean, coooome on!" That's what it sounds like to me.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    it's not fantasy baseball. it easily could have been a reality for one season. its a moot point and nobody is going to agree. hopefully hamels returns to form and blanton's injury doesnt linger.

anywho...

i have procured (not sure how to spell that as i believe this is the first time i have every typed that word) my tickets to tomorrow's game. i was banking on paying at least $100 per ticket....found a person to sell me 2 for 30 bucks each. that'll play. :mrgreen:

looking forward to doc's first perfect game of the season.

GO PHILS!
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    That Halladay kid might be a player some day...

:lol:

Polanco 6RBI's ! Woah...shame Im working all day :(
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,780
    Yeah i missed the game also cuz of work. Caught some of it on the radio though (4th inning) for Howards homer. :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Unfortunately I did not get to go to the game yesterday, but I did get to actually watch the whole thing on TV. Lucky I did too, because I won the first Dodge Stump the Fans trivia question of the season, so I got that going for me...

Yeah, Halladay was ok on the mound, but I was more impressed with him at the plate. That was some pretty monster power. But shit, only one RBI?

It's about time they win on opening day.
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
    taking a rickshaw from the stadium to the bars....yes it was that kind of day for your jeagler. pretty beligerent. beautiful day though.

i must say---that nationals park is not equipped and properly staffed to hold more than 30,000 people. i was there last year and the place was 2/3's full and it was fine. yesterday we were waiting 30 minutes for a fucking hot dog and 40 for a beer. even that bar out in right field took FOREVER. it was a fucking joke. i think i saw about 3 and a half innings of actual game time yesterday. you can't even see the field while walking the concourse for the most part.

and obama should just throw underhand next time. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    162-0....who's with me?! :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423

what's the magic number? 161 i think?
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

possible...

and then lose to the yankees again :mrgreen:8-)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Good start..Cole looked a tad shakey but thats to be expected.
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
    petrocs wrote:
    Good start..Cole looked a tad shakey but thats to be expected.

at least his fast ball was in the low 90's and he went over 100 pitches. took him till may to get there last year.

still...way too many walks. he walked the first batter of the inning 3 times last night? a good team would have scored at least 5 on him...

howard is off to a great start though
    www.myspace.com
    The DC papers STILL won't stop talking about it. We are fucking boss.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

I love that story too. pittsburgh is next...july 4th weekend invasion
    The Fixer wrote:

Don't forget Boston and NYY.

That DC trip as a whole was just unbelievable. And, Jeags, I don't know about you, but I had no problem getting two beers at a time.
    The Fixer wrote:

That DC trip as a whole was just unbelievable. And, Jeags, I don't know about you, but I had no problem getting two beers at a time.

you didnt have to wait in line for a half hour???? we were down the right field line and everywhere we tried the lines sucked
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

you didnt have to wait in line for a half hour???? we were down the right field line and everywhere we tried the lines sucked

So was I. Pretty much right next to the foul pole in 137. I didn't wait in line because there was always a beer dude coming by. And that ballpark sucks. New, sure, but nothing but concrete.

So was I. Pretty much right next to the foul pole in 137. I didn't wait in line because there was always a beer dude coming by. And that ballpark sucks. New, sure, but nothing but concrete.

ah, i was up in 226. maybe it's the upper level that blows. we saw ONE beer chick in our section for the first 3 innings. so we left our seats for greener pastures
    www.myspace.com
    Halladay! (nuff said) :D8-)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Halladay! (nuff said) :D8-)
    The best part was there was no one even warming up in the bullpen in the 9th. Uncle Charlie found his new closer 1 out of every 5 starts. DOC
    Go Birds!!!!
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    I loved watching Halladay pitch every 5th day, hes the best pitcher in the majors and has been for the last 5 years

glad he's showing what he does in a major market

go Roy !
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    22- 25 wins for roy easy

especically in the shity national league east
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    161-1! :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Anyone else sick of Hamels ?

Whats the excuse this year ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488

man, all you had to do was complain and the bats came alive.

You've probably heard it before but, Hamels had some bad luck today as well ... barely hit Dunn's shirt for a HBP (Dunn never moved, he didn't even WANT to go to first base), and infield hit, I didn't see the Marquis double, but, box score says to shallow left, which, doesn't sound hard hit.

I like Hamels this year.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:

man, all you had to do was complain and the bats came alive.

You've probably heard it before but, Hamels had some bad luck today as well ... barely hit Dunn's shirt for a HBP (Dunn never moved, he didn't even WANT to go to first base), and infield hit, I didn't see the Marquis double, but, box score says to shallow left, which, doesn't sound hard hit.

I like Hamels this year.

i'm at work so i am just watching gamecast...but come on cole. he now has a 5.06 era verses the god damn nationals. he's 2-0 of course cuz our offense is a f'ing juggernaut. but we need better than mediocre out of him.

also ibanez was 0-3...

none the less, i will take 5-1 to start the season :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    um 6-1 now :P

yeah Cole didn't impress me today. Still early. Thank god for our offense and the bullpen came through :)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC