***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Fair enough, although cant fans of the best two teams in baseball talk a little shit from time to time? Point is, Phillies don't have the pitching to match up with any of these teams in my opnion, unless you had kept Lee........[/quote]

The phils bullpen is loaded with question marks and they are a SP injury away to being in big trouble (I'm not worried about blanton, DLing him is absolutely the right move). They have zero high level pitching prospects to trade or bring up if someone goes down.

It's a phillies thread...we will worry about the yanks if both teams get back to the WS. Go play in the yankees thread
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,716
    Either way - it's going to be FUCKING 80 DEGREES ON SATURDAY. And I don't care that it's an exhibition game. It's a part of my Sunday package(which is a fucking scam), and what else better to do on a beeeeyoooteeefull Saturday????

Oh, and 80 on Monday in DC. Our group(Quimby's gig) will be pulling into the parking lot 24 buses strong! This weekend is looking to be fucking phenomenal.

My girlfriend is on that trip, probably should not have said that, haha.
    Either way - it's going to be FUCKING 80 DEGREES ON SATURDAY. And I don't care that it's an exhibition game. It's a part of my Sunday package(which is a fucking scam), and what else better to do on a beeeeyoooteeefull Saturday????

Oh, and 80 on Monday in DC. Our group(Quimby's gig) will be pulling into the parking lot 24 buses strong! This weekend is looking to be fucking phenomenal.

I sold my tix for tomorrow night. I didn't get much money for them, but I have no desire to go watch brian bocock and andy tracy.

This will be the last weekend without baseball until November. That is money
    The Fixer wrote:

It's a phillies thread...we will worry about the yanks if both teams get back to the WS. Go play in the yankees thread

No Yankees fans on the board right now to bullshit with and I love talking baseball.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,961
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Sweet. I'll ask around for the chick with the psycho pearl jam fan boyfriend. Then hit on her. :thumbup:

Hey, I welcome this Yankee douche in here any time. At least he lives in Philly, and he's good people.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

No Yankees fans on the board right now to bullshit with and I love talking baseball.

I love baseball too...I think it is far and away the best sport. I've been fiending for the season to start ever since victorino made the last out of the WS. I've got tickets to over 35 phillies home games this year and I usually hit a few road games each year...I've seen them play in pitts, balt, miami, chicago, boston, ny (citi field), and LA (dodger stadium). I fucking love it

Not trying to be a dick, but I'm sick of hearing shit from yankee fans. most of my family is from NY. fuckers have been giving me an earfull for the last 5 months.

I agree with you that tampa is gonna have a good year. Upton bounces back and has a huge year...Bossman Jr could go 40-40
    The Fixer wrote:
    I sold my tix for tomorrow night. I didn't get much money for them, but I have no desire to go watch brian bocock and andy tracy.

I DO have a desire to be at the ballpark on a sunny day looking at girls in powder blue. :mrgreen:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Sweet. I'll ask around for the chick with the psycho pearl jam fan boyfriend. Then hit on her. :thumbup:

Hey, I welcome this Yankee douche in here any time. At least he lives in Philly, and he's good people.

I apologize if I was being a douche. I'm sensitive to this yankee bullshit.

any of you guys hitting the MSG shows? just booked my hotel and train today
    The Fixer wrote:

I DO have a desire to be at the ballpark on a sunny day looking at girls in powder blue. :mrgreen:

touche
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Haha, fair enough. She digs guys that are into pearl jam. Good luck, haha.
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

any of you guys hitting the MSG shows? just booked my hotel and train today

You're not a douche, and nor is he a douche. He's just a Yankee douche is all. :mrgreen:

Yeah, hitting up MSG 1. I'm back to being a college student so I couldn't get all nuts on expenses, nor go to both. Probably going to take the train up. Only problem is I fear not being able to take it back, what with the show probably getting done around 11 and the latest train leaves Trenton around 1215/30-ish.
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I love baseball too...I think it is far and away the best sport. I've been fiending for the season to start ever since victorino made the last out of the WS. I've got tickets to over 35 phillies home games this year and I usually hit a few road games each year...I've seen them play in pitts, balt, miami, chicago, boston, ny (citi field), and LA (dodger stadium). I fucking love it

Not trying to be a dick, but I'm sick of hearing shit from yankee fans. most of my family is from NY. fuckers have been giving me an earfull for the last 5 months.

I agree with you that tampa is gonna have a good year. Upton bounces back and has a huge year...Bossman Jr could go 40-40

Best sport in the world. Thas awesome you have 35 games, I had saturdays at Yankee stadium until they switched over to the new stadium, was bitter for a minute but its a business and I only had tickets since '05.

In all fairness, if you had come out on top, you would have been talking a little bit of shit yourself.

Tampa is ready to bounce back, have a good lineup and a hell of a staff. Just not sure what happens if they fall 5 games bck, to they move Crawford?
    Dude, talk shit if the Phils won last year? Yeah right, that would've been the least of my enjoyments. I honestly think I would be dead. If the Phils won in, say, 5(I was there for that one) AND those 4 PJ shows???? Fuck.....thaaaat. No, I know I'd be dead.
    Hey, I welcome this Yankee douche in here any time. At least he lives in Philly, and he's good people.[/quote]

any of you guys hitting the MSG shows? just booked my hotel and train today[/quote]

You're not a douche, and nor is he a douche. He's just a Yankee douche is all. :mrgreen:

Yeah, hitting up MSG 1. I'm back to being a college student so I couldn't get all nuts on expenses, nor go to both. Probably going to take the train up. Only problem is I fear not being able to take it back, what with the show probably getting done around 11 and the latest train leaves Trenton around 1215/30-ish.[/quote]

I hear ya with expenses. I went through a layoff last year. Had a sick job that was paying me by the boatload (Im in medical sales). Losing that job was a tough pill to swallow. I'm back to work, but not making nearly as much as I was. This economy sucks balls. Going back to school is a smart move

Yeah, hitting up MSG 1. I'm back to being a college student so I couldn't get all nuts on expenses, nor go to both. Probably going to take the train up. Only problem is I fear not being able to take it back, what with the show probably getting done around 11 and the latest train leaves Trenton around 1215/30-ish.

I will be at the second show, Fixer if you are around a beer or two is on my up in my hood.

JP, I usually drive to trenton if I think it is going to be late but you always have Amtrak to fall back on. A few extra bucks but well worth it.
    The Fixer wrote:
    I hear ya with expenses. I went through a layoff last year. Had a sick job that was paying me by the boatload (Im in medical sales). Losing that job was a tough pill to swallow. I'm back to work, but not making nearly as much as I was. This economy sucks balls. Going back to school is a smart move

Yeah, that's what I'm going back for actually - economics. Figure it's better to be where you're needed most.

So, do you guys have any input on the train situation? Taking it up there during the day is fine because there's plenty of time to get back, but how bout this show? Ya think I'll be able to make NJ Transit/Septa back?

EDIT:

Clif, got ya. I'm not too accustomed to the Amtrak one. Can I take that back from Trenton? And how much is that?

I agree with you that tampa is gonna have a good year. Upton bounces back and has a huge year...Bossman Jr could go 40-40[/quote]

Best sport in the world. Thas awesome you have 35 games, I had saturdays at Yankee stadium until they switched over to the new stadium, was bitter for a minute but its a business and I only had tickets since '05.

In all fairness, if you had come out on top, you would have been talking a little bit of shit yourself.

Tampa is ready to bounce back, have a good lineup and a hell of a staff. Just not sure what happens if they fall 5 games bck, to they move Crawford?[/quote]

I haven't been to the new yankee stadium yet. My pops used to take us to games there every summer when we'd go north to visit my grandparents. almost went to game 6 last year, but my buddy wouldn't dish out the money for stubhub tix (I was ready). I'm glad he didn't

can't say I wouldn't have talked shit, I definitely would have. especially to mets fans. I honestly don't mind yankee fans most of the time. I think the bandwagon red sox fans are 10 million times worse. losing the WS to the yanks was tough because I know so many yankee fans.

rays should trade crawford...they have jennings ready to step in for him. crawford and werth are gonna be yankees next year
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I will be at the second show, Fixer if you are around a beer or two is on my up in my hood.

JP, I usually drive to trenton if I think it is going to be late but you always have Amtrak to fall back on. A few extra bucks but well worth it.

Nice. I'll be at both shows. I don't post on this board a lot, but it would be cool to meet some people that have similar interests (PJ and baseball are 2 of my favorite things). We will have to meet up for beers before the show. I'll check with you as dates get closer to see what bars are decent near MSG.

Now I just need to come up with an excuse to tell my wife as to why I'm heading to NY for 2 nights
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah, that's what I'm going back for actually - economics. Figure it's better to be where you're needed most.

So, do you guys have any input on the train situation? Taking it up there during the day is fine because there's plenty of time to get back, but how bout this show? Ya think I'll be able to make NJ Transit/Septa back?

EDIT:

Clif, got ya. I'm not too accustomed to the Amtrak one. Can I take that back from Trenton? And how much is that?

Just check at Penn Station if you are going to make a connection in Trenton, if not just wait for Amtrak. It runs pretty much every hour. At that hour it is usually $47, a good bit more but worth the safety of knowing you have transportation. There are a lot of options, you can get home no matter what.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

EDIT:

Just check at Penn Station if you are going to make a connection in Trenton, if not just wait for Amtrak. It runs pretty much every hour. At that hour it is usually $47, a good bit more but worth the safety of knowing you have transportation. There are a lot of options, you can get home no matter what.

Oh, yeah, and I'm forgetting the China Town bus.
    The Fixer wrote:

EDIT:

my BS degree is in economics. I thought I wanted to go into trading stocks. That didn't work out and now I'm not using any economics at all. If I could do college over I would just take general business admin classes. The upper level econ classes are fucking hard...I would have taken more general shit and cruised through school, rather than busting my ass for average grades in those econ classes.

Amtrack tix from 30th st to penn station are only 35 bucks...I've done this a few times and it couldn't be more convenient. I have no clue about getting back to philly/trenton after the show
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Nice. I'll be at both shows. I don't post on this board a lot, but it would be cool to meet some people that have similar interests (PJ and baseball are 2 of my favorite things). We will have to meet up for beers before the show. I'll check with you as dates get closer to see what bars are decent near MSG.

Now I just need to come up with an excuse to tell my wife as to why I'm heading to NY for 2 nights

Dude, to your other post, I couldn't fucking imagine if both Werth and Crawford were Yankees next year. I think Crawford is a Yankee unless he has a major injury. He knows it and the Rays know it. I just don't think Werth is in the Yankees plans, especiallyh with the possibility of CC opting out.

Definitely dude, It would be great to grab a drink. There are a couple bars nearby that I like a lot even thopugh that part of town sucks balls.Definitely keep in touch.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

EDIT:

my BS degree is in economics. I thought I wanted to go into trading stocks. That didn't work out and now I'm not using any economics at all. If I could do college over I would just take general business admin classes. The upper level econ classes are fucking hard...I would have taken more general shit and cruised through school, rather than busting my ass for average grades in those econ classes.

Amtrack tix from 30th st to penn station are only 35 bucks...I've done this a few times and it couldn't be more convenient. I have no clue about getting back to philly/trenton after the show

Word. Yeah, I should be done in about another year. Thinking about going into a PhD program in econ after that.

Oh, yeah, and I'm forgetting the China Town bus.[/quote]

There were curbside buses from NY to Philly that left from Penn Station as well, I know Bolt Bus does not leave that late but not sure if there are still others. There is a good chance there is.

Word. Yeah, I should be done in about another year. Thinking about going into a PhD program in econ after that.

That's whats up. A PhD in econ would be the shit.

JP, I usually drive to trenton if I think it is going to be late but you always have Amtrak to fall back on. A few extra bucks but well worth it.[/quote]

Now I just need to come up with an excuse to tell my wife as to why I'm heading to NY for 2 nights[/quote]

Dude, to your other post, I couldn't fucking imagine if both Werth and Crawford were Yankees next year. I think Crawford is a Yankee unless he has a major injury. He knows it and the Rays know it. I just don't think Werth is in the Yankees plans, especiallyh with the possibility of CC opting out.

Definitely dude, It would be great to grab a drink. There are a couple bars nearby that I like a lot even thopugh that part of town sucks balls.Definitely keep in touch.[/quote]

what do you think of the granderson addition? the media is blowing cashman for that move, but I don't think he had the best offseason. granderson's splits are worse than ryan howards. he is solid in CF, but I think I would have rather had gardner/damon over granderson/winn. damon had the biggest play in the WS with that 45 minute AB, then double steal. they will miss him

EDIT:

Clif, got ya. I'm not too accustomed to the Amtrak one. Can I take that back from Trenton? And how much is that?[/quote]

Amtrack tix from 30th st to penn station are only 35 bucks...I've done this a few times and it couldn't be more convenient. I have no clue about getting back to philly/trenton after the show[/quote]

Word. Yeah, I should be done in about another year. Thinking about going into a PhD program in econ after that.[/quote]

that is hardcore shit. I am definitely not smart enough to go that far. good luck.

I'm getting my PhD in drinking and betting on football
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

That's whats up. A PhD in econ would be the shit.

Hopefully it's the shit. Hopefully.
    The Fixer wrote:

what do you think of the granderson addition? the media is blowing cashman for that move, but I don't think he had the best offseason. granderson's splits are worse than ryan howards. he is solid in CF, but I think I would have rather had gardner/damon over granderson/winn. damon had the biggest play in the WS with that 45 minute AB, then double steal. they will miss him

I love it to be honest, I was really looking forward to Austin Jackson but all they would hope for him to be is something close to Granderson. I look at it as, they traded a player with the potential to be Granderson for Granderson. Damon is a really tough out but I could really see him regressing this year. He is a shitty LF with zero arm and questionable legs. It's better to get rid of a player a year too early than a year too late, right?

What it comes down to, I think Granderson/Johnson will be just as productive as Damon/Matusi this year given their ages. The Yankees got great years out of both Matusi and Damon but the chances of them repeating that at their age is highly unlikely. That said, I would have liked to see Damon back, Boras fucked that up.

Plus, I think Kevin Long is an outstanind hitting coach and can get Granderson in line against Lefties.
    The Fixer wrote:

I think Cashman has had a great couple years, he traded for Granderson and Vasquez, both all-stars while keeping their three top prospects. As much as I love Melky, he is a 4th outfielder and Ajax is just a prospect. He got pieces that fit perfectly for them.
This discussion has been closed.