***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    The Fixer wrote:
    I just don't know what you guys are looking for from your baseball announcers. All I'm looking for is a guy who is passionate about the Phillies being successful and knows stuff about the opposing players' historys (cause I know nothing). I think he does a fine job. Good enough for me.

you know he's a mets fan right?

the guy is horrible. Everything from his home run call to his fake laugh to his man tits to his non-stop blabbering

Oh no! Not a Mets fan! Anything but that!

Look maybe I'm just not passionate enough about baseball announcers like I am with football announcers. Even down to blasphemously thinking that while I agree with everybody that Joe Buck is the worst play-by-play guy in the history of the football....I don't think he and McCarver are really that bad during the baseball playoffs. I mean...it's baseball. what the heck do ya want?

But yeah, his man-tits are downer for everybody except Wheeler.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    I just don't know what you guys are looking for from your baseball announcers. All I'm looking for is a guy who is passionate about the Phillies being successful and knows stuff about the opposing players' historys (cause I know nothing). I think he does a fine job. Good enough for me.

you know he's a mets fan right?

the guy is horrible. Everything from his home run call to his fake laugh to his man tits to his non-stop blabbering

Oh no! Not a Mets fan! Anything but that!

Look maybe I'm just not passionate enough about baseball announcers like I am with football announcers. Even down to blasphemously thinking that while I agree with everybody that Joe Buck is the worst play-by-play guy in the history of the football....I don't think he and McCarver are really that bad during the baseball playoffs. I mean...it's baseball. what the heck do ya want?

But yeah, his man-tits are downer for everybody except Wheeler.

Being a mets fan just adds to his fakeness. Fake excitement when phils do something positive, fake laugh, etc. I don't think there is anything worse than a fake person.

I like joe buck in both sports. I think he and aikman do a great job during NFL games.

I get the baseball package every season. After listening to some of the other broadcasts (and being spoiled with harry kalas for years...and scott franzke/jim jackson on the radio) I think it's torture getting force fed wheels/tits for 162 games. I honestly don't know one phils fan that genuinely likes them. I don't know how the phils can be so naive

I thought I remember McCarthy signing a 3 year deal once he took over full time (2009). Anyone know if that expires after this season?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    so looks like pence will be hitting cleanup...
    www.myspace.com
    yup i was that guy who waited till a 60 degree day in mid march to take down the xmas tree and lights. good times.

christmas is now officially over people.
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    The Fixer wrote:
    o/u on phils wins = 93. seems about right. thoughts?

yanks are only team higher at 93.5....

Probably the typical slow start esp with the big man out, but it's hard not to win 95 games with that beast of a pitching staff. Last year's team would've been around 105 wins if they didn't clinch so early, so a 10-12 game dropoff would be pretty significant.

sounds obvious, but injuries are going to be key. position players aren't getting any younger.

I think 93 is pretty accurate. I'm still figuring out what I think about this team. I don't like their offseason moves a little bit.

good to have baseball back on (even if the lineup is in playoff form today). I don't want willis to make the team. I'd rather see diekman, purcey, or savery get a shot as the 2nd lefty. I also prefer podsednick to pierre.

blanton looking good. he gave some of his lbs to howard

my initial reaction is about 95 wins this year so agree that 93 is fairly accurate. i don't see this team putting it together until the 2nd half of the season although their schedule for april and may is supposedly really light but that is obviously based on last year.

anyone else concerned that Utley hasn't even taking fielding practice yet? i put the chances of all 4 of our regular infielders missing the same game this year at about 15-20%.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723
    I don't know if any of you guys have driven down by the complex recently, but Philly Live looks fucking tiny. I went by it on my way to FDR yesterday. It's right at the corner of Pattison and 11th and takes up less than half the block. I don't know why, but I was expecting something much bigger. I am sure inside it looks bigger but it looks pretty shitty from the outside.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I don't know if any of you guys have driven down by the complex recently, but Philly Live looks fucking tiny. I went by it on my way to FDR yesterday. It's right at the corner of Pattison and 11th and takes up less than half the block. I don't know why, but I was expecting something much bigger. I am sure inside it looks bigger but it looks pretty shitty from the outside.

i was thinking the same thing when i was down there a couple weeks ago
    www.myspace.com
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,359
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

That's what I thought last year when they were building it. It's like they could've left the Spectrum there and still had room. :roll:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

That's what I thought last year when they were building it. It's like they could've left the Spectrum there and still had room. :roll:

They definitely could have. It's basically half of really small lot right next to the Spectrum where employees parked and where they unloaded trucks. Not at all what I was expecting.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

They definitely could have. It's basically half of really small lot right next to the Spectrum where employees parked and where they unloaded trucks. Not at all what I was expecting.

well i know they scaled it back a ton. there was going to be some kind of high end shopping center type place that got scrapped.
    www.myspace.com
    edited March 2012
    Catahoula in my hood is having a Crawfish boil every Tuesday from now until about memorial day. Looks awesome.

http://www.citypaper.net/blogs/mealtick ... houla.html

Edit: Looks like that link is from last year. Either way, it's going on again right now.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    well i know they scaled it back a ton. there was going to be some kind of high end shopping center type place that got scrapped.

Yeah, and a hotel I believe too.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Catahoula in my hood is having a Crawfish boil every Tuesday from now until about memorial day. Looks awesome.

Edit: Looks like that link is from last year. Either way, it's going on again right now.

damm ... almost want to make a trip to n'awlins just to hit up the crawfish ... $2.99 a lb a few years ago for choice size ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

damm ... almost want to make a trip to n'awlins just to hit up the crawfish ... $2.99 a lb a few years ago for choice size ...

Yeah, man. I got to get down there for that. I think all I would eat is oysters and crawfish.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Yeah, man. I got to get down there for that. I think all I would eat is oysters and crawfish.

Food in NO is fucking spectacular.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

So I hear. I have no excuse to never have been there. Some buddies are thinking about making the trip if Syracuse makes the final four but it looks like there are no flights out of NYC and they are $1,000 plus for that weekend out of Philly so that probably won't be happening unless something major changes.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

So I hear. I have no excuse to never have been there. Some buddies are thinking about making the trip if Syracuse makes the final four but it looks like there are no flights out of NYC and they are $1,000 plus for that weekend out of Philly so that probably won't be happening unless something major changes.

We are planning on going back to Jazzfest next year, when the kiddies are a little bigger to be left with family.

Got an e-mail from Temple to buy tixx to this weekend's game(s) - can't do it. :(

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    yup i was that guy who waited till a 60 degree day in mid march to take down the xmas tree and lights. good times.

:lol::lol:

it's funny because this morning I was thinking, Jesus, it's March 12th already, Christmas will be here before we know it. :lol:
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    polaris_x wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

My flight to New Orleans leaves at 955 on Friday morning. Bachelor party down there Friday to Monday. Cannot fucking wait
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Ohhhh baby, that looks good.

I think the withdrawal from the weekend is finally starting to subside...

it's funny because this morning I was thinking, Jesus, it's March 12th already, Christmas will be here before we know it. :lol:

I watched a youtube where Jimmy Fallon asked people to turn off the TV at a pivotal moment of the Super Bowl. The one lady (that's usually who it was) turns it off, husband starts yelling, then she turns the camera to the still-up Christmas tree and says something like "get rid of that and I'll turn the game back on." :lol:

Best part was the last house, where a guy turned off the TV and pissed off his sister or whoever was watching the Madonna halftime show. :lol::lol:

Cliffy6745 wrote:

Ohhhh baby, that looks good.

I think the withdrawal from the weekend is finally starting to subside...

Yeah, man. Think I'll be there tomorrow. And yeah, I'm blaming Saturday for my terrible round of golf yesterday. Fuck, I went out to grab some lunch and a couple beers and then that happened....around 11 hours and 4 bars later I was home.

I watched a youtube where Jimmy Fallon asked people to turn off the TV at a pivotal moment of the Super Bowl. The one lady (that's usually who it was) turns it off, husband starts yelling, then she turns the camera to the still-up Christmas tree and says something like "get rid of that and I'll turn the game back on." :lol:

Best part was the last house, where a guy turned off the TV and pissed off his sister or whoever was watching the Madonna halftime show. :lol::lol:

haha...not gonna lie, it was a little embarrasing taking down the outside lights yesterday while people were joggging with shorts on and the neighbors were planting spring flowers.
    :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,928
    read the SI piece on Dykstra yesterday.....what a fucking mess he turned into.

I'm still bitter we lost to the braves in 1993. my giants owned you guys that year.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    The Fixer wrote:
    My flight to New Orleans leaves at 955 on Friday morning. Bachelor party down there Friday to Monday. Cannot fucking wait

nice ... remember ... hydration is the key! ... haha
    imalive wrote:

I'm still bitter we lost to the braves in 1993. my giants owned you guys that year.

Eh. 1983 Phillies went 1-11 vs. Dodgers and then beat them in the NLCS. It all starts over.

You remember that brawl in the 1926 uniforms? That was fucking awesome. :lol:

imalive wrote:

Eh. 1983 Phillies went 1-11 vs. Dodgers and then beat them in the NLCS. It all starts over.

You remember that brawl in the 1926 uniforms? That was fucking awesome. :lol:

ah 1993....remember when we used to play the giants more than just twice per year?
    www.myspace.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Chase, is that you?? I can't see or hear you. Please come back. :cry:
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:

starting to get a little worried. heard howard will be in the boot for a longer than they expected now too.
    www.myspace.com
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    JK_Livin wrote:

starting to get a little worried. heard howard will be in the boot for a longer than they expected now too.

I know, they keep saying, he knows his body better than anyone and when he's ready, he'll play. They say all he needs is 30 to 40 ABs in the spring to be ready for the regular season.

I'm skeptical too.
This discussion has been closed.