***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527

the article to go with it about the intensity of of the crowd and stuff for a mid summer game is pretty awesome.

yeah and I think it somewhat backs up my argument that McCarthy and Sarge aren't really THAT bad.

notice how i left out the part about the announcers? sarge is only good for the unintentional (mostly) humor.
    but mccarthy's non stop talking makes me want to vomit.
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    No, no....McCarthy is that bad.

Time to post this again....and again..

http://tmacsucks.blogspot.com/
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    I just don't know what you guys are looking for from your baseball announcers. All I'm looking for is a guy who is passionate about the Phillies being successful and knows stuff about the opposing players' historys (cause I know nothing). I think he does a fine job. Good enough for me.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    I just don't know what you guys are looking for from your baseball announcers. All I'm looking for is a guy who is passionate about the Phillies being successful and knows stuff about the opposing players' historys (cause I know nothing). I think he does a fine job. Good enough for me.

i would like an announcer who understands how to let a game breathe.

you don't need to fill every second with constant blabbering. mccarthy is the exact opposite of everything that made hk an alltime great.
    www.myspace.com
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843

you don't need to fill every second with constant blabbering. mccarthy is the exact opposite of everything that made hk an alltime great.

That's a fair criticism I guess.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com

Exactly. And absolutely nothing seems authentic and genuine with him - it's all forced. Let the game speak for itself, inform me sometimes, and let me chuckle here and there. That's why Franzke and LA should just be a simulcast.

The other part is I don't think I would mind him so much if he wasn't with that pedophile, Wheels. Hating both of them is what makes it excruciating. If one of them went away would make it easier to deal with.
    o/u on phils wins = 93. seems about right. thoughts?

yanks are only team higher at 93.5....
    www.myspace.com
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,359

Probably the typical slow start esp with the big man out, but it's hard not to win 95 games with that beast of a pitching staff. Last year's team would've been around 105 wins if they didn't clinch so early, so a 10-12 game dropoff would be pretty significant.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

What was their o/u last year? Wasn't it 98 or 97 and no one thought they'd go over? I'll take the over again. I'm thinking somewhere in the 95-97 range.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365

The Fish and Nats got better so I think that's a fair number.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    F you Papelbon you piece of shit
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723

Welcome to hating him, it's fun. He's a dipshit. How the fuck does he know anything about Philly fans considering he played in Philly 3 times a year at most? Can't take anyone seriously who names their son Gunner "because its a badass name"
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Welcome to hating him, it's fun. He's a dipshit. How the fuck does he know anything about Philly fans considering he played in Philly 3 times a year at most? Can't take anyone seriously who names their son Gunner "because its a badass name"
    He's a good closer. Not sure if he's worth the money, but he's a real good closer and someone the fans will embrace I think. But it's totally classless for him to dis the fan base that worshiped him for so many years. I always got goosebumps hearing the first notes of his entrance song after several beers at Fenway. He was very intimidating for opposing hitters.

See, you and Jearl and the others on this thread are very intelligent fans and I know you guys see through his bullshit, but the masses at the ballpark will most likely adore this guy.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    i've seen and listened to a few interviews with him the last couple days....man he is pretty douchey, huh? :lol:

whatever...just close out games. that's all i care about.
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    i've seen and listened to a few interviews with him the last couple days....man he is pretty douchey, huh? :lol:

pap.jpg
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078

I actually thought he was funny. He was really good this morning imo!!!! Plus mad dogs arm seems to be a problem.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

He's a good closer. Not sure if he's worth the money, but he's a real good closer and someone the fans will embrace I think. But it's totally classless for him to dis the fan base that worshiped him for so many years. I always got goosebumps hearing the first notes of his entrance song after several beers at Fenway. He was very intimidating for opposing hitters.

See, you and Jearl and the others on this thread are very intelligent fans and I know you guys see through his bullshit, but the masses at the ballpark will most likely adore this guy.

As much as I dislike Red Sox fans, it's terrible of him to. He's a douche bag, then again, I probably dislike him more than any player in baseball. Shut your mouth, thank Boston fans and be on with your career. I do think he gets rattled easily. You have had a couple seasons end at his hands.

I actually thought he was funny. He was really good this morning imo!!!! Plus mad dogs arm seems to be a problem.

there's no reason to knock elton john. none.
    www.myspace.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Man the spring training shirseys are sweeeeeet.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer

:lol: :thumbup:

:lol: :thumbup:

Yeah, completely agree. How does he know anything about Phila fans - he's played about 12 games in Philly his whole career. :roll:

There are PLENTY of dumbasses here.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    I was just reading on Crossingbroad - or one of those sites - that Papelbon said he was thrown a prosthetic leg to sign and he doesn't think that would happen here....then they refer to Lidge signing a wooden leg in '09 after they won the World Series.

Papelbon's in for a reality check if he thinks Boston fans are more freaks than us.
    I was just reading on Crossingbroad - or one of those sites - that Papelbon said he was thrown a prosthetic leg to sign and he doesn't think that would happen here....then they refer to Lidge signing a wooden leg in '09 after they won the World Series.

Papelbon's in for a reality check if he thinks Boston fans are more freaks than us.

he doesn't sound too bright to go along with the douche factor.

did you see third eye blind is doing a concert to open up the xfinity place in a few weeks? third eye blind. yeah, we're not off to a good start there...
    www.myspace.com

he doesn't sound too bright to go along with the douche factor.

did you see third eye blind is doing a concert to open up the xfinity place in a few weeks? third eye blind. yeah, we're not off to a good start there...

And his son's name is Gunner? I guess I'm predicting a picture outside that douchey place Gunner's Run in the Piazza.

Eh, I wouldn't expect anything better at an overly-corporate entertainment center. All I hope is that the Victory Beer Hall is sweet and that NBC Sports big screen is as good as they make it out to be.
    On an unrelated note - finally heading down to Frankford Hall tonight. Can't wait.
    On an unrelated note - finally heading down to Frankford Hall tonight. Can't wait.

Oooh - sweet. have fun!

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited March 2012
    Agree with all of this. But oh well - sunrise, sunset.

Yep. Just want to counterpoint with everyone who wants to blame Cliff Lee for losing the series.

He should have had a shot at redemption with a start in game 5, but the manager is a complete and utter moron.

No, I haven't gotten over this yet
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I saw a report that Cole is looking at Lee/Santana money or he's walking. The new Dodgers owners will be looming.

When you look at it objectively, that's the kind of contract he is definitely gonna get on the open market if they let it go there.

don't worry, amaro is an expert at reading these types of markets :roll:

you know he's a mets fan right?

the guy is horrible. Everything from his home run call to his fake laugh to his man tits to his non-stop blabbering

Probably the typical slow start esp with the big man out, but it's hard not to win 95 games with that beast of a pitching staff. Last year's team would've been around 105 wins if they didn't clinch so early, so a 10-12 game dropoff would be pretty significant.

sounds obvious, but injuries are going to be key. position players aren't getting any younger.

I think 93 is pretty accurate. I'm still figuring out what I think about this team. I don't like their offseason moves a little bit.

good to have baseball back on (even if the lineup is in playoff form today). I don't want willis to make the team. I'd rather see diekman, purcey, or savery get a shot as the 2nd lefty. I also prefer podsednick to pierre.

blanton looking good. he gave some of his lbs to howard
This discussion has been closed.