***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I also think you can't say you made the playoffs until you win that play in game. I hope it's known more as game 163 than the playoffs.

stirrups were awesome. should be mandatory that players can't wear their pants hanging past through cleats like fucking pajamas. i hate that shit. dress like a ball player damn it.

in other news...fuck:

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/phil ... itely.html

You don't like the size of CC's uniform? :lol:

Saw that on Hardball Talk. It's not the original injury though, just the wound.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Howard is going to weigh 400 pounds by the time he gets back on the field. He already looks like he's pushing three bills.

6 more years....
  • The Fixer wrote:
    Howard is going to weigh 400 pounds by the time he gets back on the field. He already looks like he's pushing three bills.

6 more years....
    In mid season form i see!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    big 6-1 win over floriday state today. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • big 6-1 win over floriday state today. :lol:

CHAMPIONSHIP!!
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    Am I the only one who thought Howard wasn't coming back in April or May? I don't know how people can expect a lot out of a guy that tore his achilles. Feel that shit in the back of your ankle. Now think about it ripping apart. Could you imagine that shit? People are way too optimistic.
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    dude is not coming back this year methinks...as a cowboy fan and unabashed fraud i remember when kevin smith signed a big deal and tore that shit in the first game of the year (precipitating the signing of sanders) and was both never the same and barely made it back for the following season.
    RW81233 wrote:
    dude is not coming back this year methinks...as a cowboy fan and unabashed fraud i remember when kevin smith signed a big deal and tore that shit in the first game of the year (precipitating the signing of sanders) and was both never the same and barely made it back for the following season.

i'm guessing the treatment of a torn achilles just might have come along a little bit in the past 2 decades dude.

unabashed fraud was a pretty hilarious touch though :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    Am I the only one who thought Howard wasn't coming back in April or May? I don't know how people can expect a lot out of a guy that tore his achilles. Feel that shit in the back of your ankle. Now think about it ripping apart. Could you imagine that shit? People are way too optimistic.

I could care less when he comes back. Just hope he gets back early enough to get hurt before playoffs so he doesn't kill them for a 4th straight playoff season.

Luckily amaro signed a guy who can't play the field to fill in until black jared is ready

god he got fat. $125 mill will buy you a lot of mcdonalds
    RW81233 wrote:

at least the cowboys didn't sign smith to a deal two years BEFORE he hit free agency.

amaro is horrible
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    The Fixer wrote:

6 more years....

A fat Howard was a better Howard. Fatty hit for a better average.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    RW81233 wrote:

i'm guessing the treatment of a torn achilles just might have come along a little bit in the past 2 decades dude.

unabashed fraud was a pretty hilarious touch though :lol:
    haha well there howard was in baltimore getting puss sucked outta his foot two days ago. we'll see how he plays this year - it may be more rob deer than even rob deer.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    The Fixer wrote:

I could care less when he comes back. Just hope he gets back early enough to get hurt before playoffs so he doesn't kill them for a 4th straight playoff season.

Luckily amaro signed a guy who can't play the field to fill in until black jared is ready

gone for a while but still clueless
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,359
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

6 more years....

Yeah and he had more power. Even worse in the field though.

This is boring - let's talk about gastropubs. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:

Look at the playoff stats the last 2 years to see which Phillies produced at the plate and which didn't. Is Lee's contract ridiculous because he blew a 4-0 lead in game 2 and decides to only pitch well every other month during the season?

Howard was better Fat! :lol:
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The Fixer wrote:
    $125 mill will buy you a lot of mcdonalds

i thought he was a whole foods guy?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723
    I don't like looking at playoffs as a gauge of a contract, it's just too small of a sample size (unless your name is Derek Jeter and you have a full season of playoff games), eventually your playoff stats will level out with your regular season stats if you play enough. Yankees fans are the most guilty of this.

I do think Howards splits are a problem in the playoffs since managers will mix and match more so than in the regular season.
    New girl on CSN - Sharla McBride. Way better than two-face Fadool...

i think sheena parveen needs to switch jobs and do sports on csn. she's gotta be the hottest news/media chick this town has ever seen. unfortunately i'm never home when she is on.

good article on your boy phillipe "the bulldog" aumont today. be nice to see him get called up at some point this year...
    www.myspace.com
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843

Hey cool. Sharla is the local sports girl up here in Scranton. I'll enjoy seeing her on CSN. Knowledgeable....and very easy on the eyes.

image.jpg
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com

i think sheena parveen needs to switch jobs and do sports on csn. she's gotta be the hottest news/media chick this town has ever seen. unfortunately i'm never home when she is on.

good article on your boy phillipe "the bulldog" aumont today. be nice to see him get called up at some point this year...

:lol: I love how Aumont's "my boy".

:lol: I love how Aumont's "my boy".

haha...i just remember you saying something about him replacing drabek as your new man crush back in the day
    www.myspace.com

Hey cool. Sharla is the local sports girl up here in Scranton. I'll enjoy seeing her on CSN. Knowledgeable....and very easy on the eyes.

image.jpg

give me this over that any day of the week:
    SheenaParveen.jpg

:thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
    There's something off about Sheena. She doesn't live up to the hype. I'll take the blonde.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Hat to break up the lady talk (call dibs on the blonde), but I'm in the very early stages of planning next years baseball trip.

A group of guys I work with make a baseball weekend each year. Next year we are turning that into a week in Clearwater :D

To those that have been or are from there...nearby hotels / bars within walking distance of Brighthouse?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    JK_Livin wrote:
    There's something off about Sheena. She doesn't live up to the hype. I'll take the blonde.

you're a communist. i knew it.
    www.myspace.com
    Hat to break up the lady talk (call dibs on the blonde), but I'm in the very early stages of planning next years baseball trip.

A group of guys I work with make a baseball weekend each year. Next year we are turning that into a week in Clearwater :D

To those that have been or are from there...nearby hotels / bars within walking distance of Brighthouse?

Make sure to stay on the island, near the beach - very much worth it. I'd look into renting a house if you're going for a week. It'll be cheaper than a hotel and you can get a lot for your money - ie roof decks, hot tubs, bbq's, etc.

There's a shopping center right next to the ballpark with a couple bars in it. The one place has $1 tacos on certain nights and like $2 beers. On the island go to Frenchy's - any of them is good, but the one right on the beach is the best.

And make sure to go to Lenny's for breakfast.
  • I 2nd the idea of staying on the island and spent most of your time there. Frenchy's is a must and I like Palm Pavilion (just down the block from Frenchy's) a lot too. There is also a decent sports bar that offers a free drink with ticket stub (at least as of last year) down by the beach.

Enjoy, clearwater in the spring is one of my favorite places.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,928
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

6 more years....

Yeah and he had more power. Even worse in the field though.

This is boring - let's talk about gastropubs. :lol:

let's not. welcome back, Fixer! :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13