***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    Besides Rollins,Utley and Doc the whole team sucked ass. It was a good season that ended way too early. If a fan of this team didn't enjoy the regular season then there not really a fan of that team. The ultimate goal wasn't reached and that can be blamed on the WHOLE TEAM. Oh and Vance worley sucking was another wrong statement.

ah look, it's mr ryan howard himsself. was wondering if you would appear back here again. you should be on probation in this thread until your boy's contract is up. see you in 5 years
    As i've said before i like Howard even though he's over paid. I've never said he wasn't overpaid,i said that he's been extremely productive.

you need to start watching him in the playoffs. highest playoff strikeout rate EVER!!

he sucks
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    just remember cliff, as long as the team does well in the regular season and makes the playoffs that's all that matters. most in this thread don't need to even watch the postseason since playoff success is gravy

and expecting the team with the 2nd highest payroll in MLB, who is favored to win it all, to get to the WS is irrational and pompous...even if some here were talking shit about this team all season.

dude should we have expected a world series title or did the team suck and you aren't surprised they lost? you've been jerking yourself because you predicted a flame out but now you say you expected a world series title? which is it???

I expected them to get there. They were favored to win it all. In vegas they don't know how bad ryan howard is

your logic just does not make any sense.

on one hand: they suck! they suck! worst offense ever! horrendous bullpen! idiot manager! etc etc etc
    on the other: you expected them to be in the world series and are shocked they didn't end up there. :?

you're bipoloar, right? :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Shouldn't we be upating the thread title?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

on one hand: they suck! they suck! worst offense ever! horrendous bullpen! idiot manager! etc etc etc
    on the other: you expected them to be in the world series and are shocked they didn't end up there. :?

my logic??? you're the guy that consistently said how great this team was. even up to the day before game 5 when you wondered what everyone was freaking out about :roll: . then they lose and you say it's no big deal...that shit happens. so yeah, my logic doesn't make sense...oK dude whatever

you are overly optimisic brother. about all the philly teams (except the flyers since you don't like all sports)

I'm a realist. I said the phils were the best team in the NL all season. Everyone expected them to make the playofss and get to the world series (me included). the difference is tha I didn't think it would be as easy as you guys becasue I recognized a flawed team, not 'the best team ever' that everyone else saw.

hate me for being right. it's alright, I can handle it. I wish you would stop focusing on what I say and talk baseball more often. You still haven't expressed what you would do with the roster for next season. You just sit back and wait for me to say shit, then wait to pick me apart if I'm wrong (which doesn't happen often)
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    ]

ah look, it's mr ryan howard himsself. was wondering if you would appear back here again. you should be on probation in this thread until your boy's contract is up. see you in 5 years[/quote]
    As i've said before i like Howard even though he's over paid. I've never said he wasn't overpaid,i said that he's been extremely productive.[/quote]

you need to start watching him in the playoffs. highest playoff strikeout rate EVER!!

he sucks[/quote]

Maybe i should start with my 2008 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP DVD!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
    ]

ah look, it's mr ryan howard himsself. was wondering if you would appear back here again. you should be on probation in this thread until your boy's contract is up. see you in 5 years
    As i've said before i like Howard even though he's over paid. I've never said he wasn't overpaid,i said that he's been extremely productive.[/quote]

he sucks[/quote]

Maybe i should start with my 2008 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP DVD!!!![/quote]

yeah, I liked him a lot better when he didn't suck. post-08 howard is no bueno.
    The Fixer wrote:

my logic??? you're the guy that consistently said how great this team was. even up to the day before game 5 when you wondered what everyone was freaking out about :roll: . then they lose and you say it's no big deal...that shit happens. so yeah, my logic doesn't make sense...oK dude whatever

you are overly optimisic brother. about all the philly teams (except the flyers since you don't like all sports)

I'm a realist. I said the phils were the best team in the NL all season. Everyone expected them to make the playofss and get to the world series (me included). the difference is tha I didn't think it would be as easy as you guys becasue I recognized a flawed team, not 'the best team ever' that everyone else saw.

hate me for being right. it's alright, I can handle it. I wish you would stop focusing on what I say and talk baseball more often. You still haven't expressed what you would do with the roster for next season. You just sit back and wait for me to say shit, then wait to pick me apart if I'm wrong (which doesn't happen often)

don't you see the irony? you said they would be in the world series...which is literally exactly where everyone else predicted they would end up. yet you come on here and spend the last 3 days saying "i told you so" "i told you so" like a little kid. that shit's funny to me.

and 102 wins was a great regular season. it ultimately came up short. shit actually does happen. what do you want me to say? :lol: the difference between you and me is that i can at least enjoy the baseball season. you've seemed miserable since youv'e started posting in here.

can't win the world series ever year dude. all the more reason to at least try to enjoy the ride. ;)
    www.myspace.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933
    you guys have been arguing for like 10 pages and no one's winning :lol:

fixer might be slightly ahead on points, tho.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    The Fixer wrote:

don't you see the irony? you said they would be in the world series...which is literally exactly where everyone else predicted they would end up. yet you come on here and spend the last 3 days saying "i told you so" "i told you so" like a little kid. that shit's funny to me.

and 102 wins was a great regular season. it ultimately came up short. shit actually does happen. what do you want me to say? :lol: the difference between you and me is that i can at least enjoy the baseball season. you've seemed miserable since youv'e started posting in here.

can't win the world series ever year dude. all the more reason to at least try to enjoy the ride. ;)

and i find it funny that you're OK with a team winning 102 games and choking in round 1 of the playoffs. especially after you talked so much shit about how great this team was ALL YEAR!!!

it's pretty obvious you're not a baseball guy. the eagles lose in the playoffs and you demand changes. the phils pull off one of the biggest choke jobs in MLB history and it's no big deal. not to mention you still won't answer my question about what you'd do with the roster for next year. would be great to talk baseball with you for a change. for some reason you prefer to argue nonsense though

just make sure you keep the pom poms in a safe place so you can bust them out again next april. apparently you care just as much about the early season games as the playoff games ('what's everyone freaking out about? it's only a game 5 elimination game' classic).

makes no sense to me. then again I find most posts in this thread mind boggling
  • Alright so who does everyone want to see win the World Series? I'm gong with the Rangers cause they never won it before. And actually the Brewers never won it either. And both teams have been around since the 60's. Makes the "2-Time World Champion Florida Marlins" sound all the stranger.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    Alright so who does everyone want to see win the World Series? I'm gong with the Rangers cause they never won it before. And actually the Brewers never won it either. And both teams have been around since the 60's. Makes the "2-Time World Champion Florida Marlins" sound all the stranger.

Brewers because Pearl Jam was kinda there this year, very nice people :D
    edited October 2011
    The Fixer wrote:

and i find it funny that you're OK with a team winning 102 games and choking in round 1 of the playoffs. especially after you talked so much shit about how great this team was ALL YEAR!!!

it's pretty obvious you're not a baseball guy. the eagles lose in the playoffs and you demand changes. the phils pull off one of the biggest choke jobs in MLB history and it's no big deal. not to mention you still won't answer my question about what you'd do with the roster for next year. would be great to talk baseball with you for a change. for some reason you prefer to argue nonsense though

just make sure you keep the pom poms in a safe place so you can bust them out again next april. apparently you care just as much about the early season games as the playoff games ('what's everyone freaking out about? it's only a game 5 elimination game' classic).

yup. that's right. i'm not a baseball guy. you got me (ps--it takes 2 people to have an argument, even over nonsense like this ;) ( and i told you earlier i'm not even thinking about next year yet. seeing as how all the other baseball threads are dead, i'm not alone. i mean it's not even mid october). :lol:

who is okay with losing in the first round? :? if that's what you think, you've missed the point yet again. you're on pace for a world record of missing points in the last few days alone.

the eagles have not won anything since 1960 (and you're making shit up as i didn't demand changes last year--just wanted to improve the personnel and get healthy on defense as opposed to promoting the offensive line coach). but, yeah, i'm a way more frustrated with them than the team who won a title a couple years ago. it's actually shocking that you're such a huge andy reid supporter--a guy who wins nothing year in, year out---yet have so many problems with this phillies run. tell us again how good andy reid has been at drafting defensive players :roll: :thumbup:

eh, i think i'm done with this unproductive exercise in futility.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    Alright so who does everyone want to see win the World Series? I'm gong with the Rangers cause they never won it before. And actually the Brewers never won it either. And both teams have been around since the 60's. Makes the "2-Time World Champion Florida Marlins" sound all the stranger.

detroit.
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,430
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    just remember cliff, as long as the team does well in the regular season and makes the playoffs that's all that matters. most in this thread don't need to even watch the postseason since playoff success is gravy

and expecting the team with the 2nd highest payroll in MLB, who is favored to win it all, to get to the WS is irrational and pompous...even if some here were talking shit about this team all season.

dude should we have expected a world series title or did the team suck and you aren't surprised they lost? you've been jerking yourself because you predicted a flame out but now you say you expected a world series title? which is it???

I expected them to get there. They were favored to win it all. In vegas they don't know how bad ryan howard is

wait you've spent the last 7-10 pages patting yourself on the back for being right about them not getting there but now you 'expected' them to get there? so that would actually make you wrong. :D
  • As shitty as the Eagles are, the Phillies are an even bigger disappointment.

So much for parades in Philadelphia this year.
    I knew it all along, see?
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I'd like to see Detroit win it all.

It was definitely a disappointing end for the Phillies season and unfortunately, the team will have a new look next year.

And I'm sentimental, if/when Jimmy goes, it's going to really bother me.

I just hope that Howard's career is not over, that would be a damn shame.
  • As shitty as the Eagles are, the Phillies are an even bigger disappointment.

So much for parades in Philadelphia this year.

Yeah cause Philadelphia usually always has championship parades.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,430
    honest question for everyone - why does charlie manuel get a free pass from the media and fans in this town compared to the other coaches? yes we won a title (but one less than terry francona) but has now lost 2 years in a row as a prohibitive favorite and i believe he helped blow the 2009 world series againt the yanks with his decision to use Pedro. Admittedly i am not a fan of Charlie's but i don't understand the lack of criticism for him now compared to that happens around here with everyone else. Thoughts?
  • imalive wrote:
    you guys have been arguing for like 10 pages and no one's winning :lol:

fixer might be slightly ahead on points, tho.

I don't even know what it's about. :?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • pjhawks wrote:
    honest question for everyone - why does charlie manuel get a free pass from the media and fans in this town compared to the other coaches? yes we won a title (but one less than terry francona) but has now lost 2 years in a row as a prohibitive favorite and i believe he helped blow the 2009 world series againt the yanks with his decision to use Pedro. Admittedly i am not a fan of Charlie's but i don't understand the lack of criticism for him now compared to that happens around here with everyone else. Thoughts?

There's something to be said for questioning a guy who, 2 straight years, ran out a lineup day after day that wasn't working. In the playoffs there's no time for slumps to work themselves out.

And letting Pedro face Matsui yet again was a disgrace.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    pjhawks wrote:
    I think he's terrible, and honestly Tony La Russa kind of demonstrated it this year - even in a drunken haze. The example you give of my all-time favorite player is perfect. Pedro pitched the game of his life, in regard to what little he had left to offer as a pitcher at that point, in Game 2/3?, and then he expected him to do it again, and then he expected him to get Matsui out? Terrible. I think Fixer is right about throwing Halls on 3 days rest, giving you Cliff Lee for Game 5, then Hamels for Game 1. He never seems to play for "right now" in these series, and when he got semi-lucky in '08 because he got a Brewer team that had a worn out ace, a future top notch pitcher on his second start off an ACL tear, and no Ben Sheets, then a shitty Dodger(?) team, and an overachieving but burned out Rays squad everyone gave him the benefit of the doubt. I'm not sure if he can't improve, and the players love playing for him so that's gotta count for something though right?
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    RW81233 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    I think he's terrible, and honestly Tony La Russa kind of demonstrated it this year - even in a drunken haze. The example you give of my all-time favorite player is perfect. Pedro pitched the game of his life, in regard to what little he had left to offer as a pitcher at that point, in Game 2/3?, and then he expected him to do it again, and then he expected him to get Matsui out? Terrible. I think Fixer is right about throwing Halls on 3 days rest, giving you Cliff Lee for Game 5, then Hamels for Game 1. He never seems to play for "right now" in these series, and when he got semi-lucky in '08 because he got a Brewer team that had a worn out ace, a future top notch pitcher on his second start off an ACL tear, and no Ben Sheets, then a shitty Dodger(?) team, and an overachieving but burned out Rays squad everyone gave him the benefit of the doubt. I'm not sure if he can't improve, and the players love playing for him so that's gotta count for something though right?
    Pitching Doc on 3 days rest makes no sense. Your acting like Oswalt is chop liver,he's a damn good Vet who looked good down the stretch. Keeping the best pitcher in baseball on normal rest at home is clearly the right call imo. Sadly the Off sucked ass and we lost.
    Go Birds!!!!
    the game 3 starter aside (there's really a legit argument either way), it has been 3 years since '08 so i guess the honeymoon period is about over for chuck at this point.

but i do think he deserves more leeway than a coach like andy reid who has been here since the clinton administration and still makes the same mistakes he did in year 1... and hasn't won anything.

...the clinton administration :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

yup. that's right. i'm not a baseball guy. you got me (ps--it takes 2 people to have an argument, even over nonsense like this ;) ( and i told you earlier i'm not even thinking about next year yet. seeing as how all the other baseball threads are dead, i'm not alone. i mean it's not even mid october). :lol:

who is okay with losing in the first round? :? if that's what you think, you've missed the point yet again. you're on pace for a world record of missing points in the last few days alone.

the eagles have not won anything since 1960 (and you're making shit up as i didn't demand changes last year--just wanted to improve the personnel and get healthy on defense as opposed to promoting the offensive line coach). but, yeah, i'm a way more frustrated with them than the team who won a title a couple years ago. it's actually shocking that you're such a huge andy reid supporter--a guy who wins nothing year in, year out---yet have so many problems with this phillies run. tell us again how good andy reid has been at drafting defensive players :roll: :thumbup:

eh, i think i'm done with this unproductive exercise in futility.

it's never too early to think about the next season. Think about what moves you'd make/players you'd like to see called up and get back to me. I need a good laugh.

Detroit. for two reasons.

jim leyland is awesome. he doesn't give a fuck. I think it's hilarious watching him pace the dugout with his hands down his pants.

the city of detroit can use it
    pjhawks wrote:

you know my opinion on philly fans.

manuel has always been and will always be a dumb ass.

I loved amaro's comments today about the lineup changing their approach. isn't manuel supposed to be a hitting guru??

give ryne sandberg the manager job before another team hires him away
  • The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

I loved amaro's comments today about the lineup changing their approach. isn't manuel supposed to be a hitting guru??

What's the Mark Twain quote about continuing to do the same thing and expecting a different result? It's insane.

The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

What's the Mark Twain quote about continuing to do the same thing and expecting a different result? It's insane.

I usually don't care what these GMs/coaches say to the media. I do think that amaro kind of passed some blame today though. and I don't blame him.

I also think if the phils get off to a slow start that you will see a managerial change...which I am all for
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933
    The Fixer wrote:

don't understand why cubs/phillies fans think this would be such a great hire....other than sentimental reasons.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    J-Roll wants 5-years L....O....L. Please let this happen.
This discussion has been closed.