***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    So how bout them cowboys!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,983
    Sorry if this was already posted -

"•Olney hears that the Phillies would prefer to frame any offers for Pence around right-hander Vance Worley (Twitter link). Worley owns a 2.02 ERA in ten starts and two relief appearances for Philadelphia this season."

Do it. Do it now.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730

"•Olney hears that the Phillies would prefer to frame any offers for Pence around right-hander Vance Worley (Twitter link). Worley owns a 2.02 ERA in ten starts and two relief appearances for Philadelphia this season."

Do it. Do it now.

And I would prefer the Yankees to frame a trade for Ublado around Eduardo Nunez. I would also like Penelope Cruz to be naked in my bed when I get home from work this evening.

Do it. Do it now.
    Worley and Singelton do it now!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,983
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Do it. Do it now.

And I would prefer the Yankees to frame a trade for Ublado around Eduardo Nunez. I would also like Penelope Cruz to be naked in my bed when I get home from work this evening.

Yeah, yeah....want in one hand, shit in the other, and see what fills up quicker. I get it.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    . I really don't wanna trade with the Muts.
    works both ways
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,577

Do it. Do it now.

i love ed wade.

make it happen rube.
    www.myspace.com
    Bye Bye Baez!!!!!! :D:D:D

The Phillies have designated right-handed reliever Danys Baez for assignment, according to Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.com (via Twitter). The move was made to clear space on the active roster for Brad Lidge, who was activated from the disabled list.
    Go Birds!!!!

The Phillies have designated right-handed reliever Danys Baez for assignment, according to Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.com (via Twitter). The move was made to clear space on the active roster for Brad Lidge, who was activated from the disabled list.

our long national nightmare is over.
    www.myspace.com
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,385

Not so great a contract.

Jayson Stark says Phils aren't trading Domonic Brown or Vance Worley.

For those who say Worley is Happ, Worley is only 23. Happ was, what, 28 last year? Happ was also injured.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

Not so great a contract.

For those who say Worley is Happ, Worley is only 23. Happ was, what, 28 last year? Happ was also injured.
    Couldn't agree more,i'd trade one of them and someone else for Pence. Other then that i'd hold onto both baring a unseen trade option.
    Go Birds!!!!

Not so great a contract.

he was 27. good point. other than that, though, i think they're similiar pitchers. and the situation is awfully similiar as happ's.

Rival teams report that the Phillies say they won’t move Domonic Brown or top pitching prospect Jarred Cosart. Jonathan Singleton is available in the right deal, but the Phillies don’t expect to trade him for a rental player.
    www.myspace.com
    i LOVE shit like this:

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2011/07/di ... story.html

this old school logo rules.
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    From Twitter High Cheese :

Brody Colvin, one of Phils three young pitching prospects, pulled after 3 strong innings at Clearwater tonite. No immediate word on reason.
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

Brody Colvin, one of Phils three young pitching prospects, pulled after 3 strong innings at Clearwater tonite. No immediate word on reason.

sup bitches?

phone took a shit on me today during an important work call (never buy a droid kids)...and now I read my boy colvin might get moved.

excuse me while I get another beer. yep, I'm drunk

is it too late for RAJ to trade for a 1B?
    I wouldn't give them much,maybe Singelton. I'm not giving them Worley or Brown. Worley might be pitching over his head but he'd be a nice #4 at a cheap price for yrs. Especially if we have to pay Hamels 20+ still. Brown i'd only move for Pence. I'm not giving a div rival a young stud for 2 months of help.

I'd give them Worley in a second, but not Brown. They'd be buying high on Worley, and as I heard someone say earlier you're giving up a #4 starter in your rotation possibly next year, or a long man in the pen during the playoffs for a guy who will be in your line up EVERY GAME in the playoffs while providing power behind Howard. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

agreed. worley is ja happ. a bit better than happ actually, but still, it's about the same scenario. can always find guys to fill the back end of a rotation that will be top heavy with 3 aces.

i'd rather do this for pence though.

I'd trade worley and brown for pence. and I'd throw in a prospect or two.

they need a guy like pence. they gotta win it all this year or next. brown ain't gonna help do that. and worley sure as fuck ain't
    As would I, but there's no way Houston would do that. Maybe they'd do Worley and Cosart, but not Worley alone.

People like to fall in love with nobody's quickly in this city. WORLEY FOR CY YOUNG!! Christ, he's a #4 for a legit 5 hole hitter to help us win a championship today.

Exhibit 1: Kyle Kendrick 2008. he won 11 games and everyon loved the guy (even though wins mean nothing). somehow started game two of the 2007 playoffs and got bombed. was never good and still stinks.

Exhibit 2: JA Happ - entire career. average stuff, won games. sucked ass in playoff appearances. was never good and still stinks.

Exhibit 3: Worley - best of the three, but nothing special. trade his ass for a bat and don't look back.

small window. let's not pretend like worley is anything special. he's a decent pitcher with a horrible haircut and a worse nickname. later dude

Do it. Do it now.

if they center a deal for pence around worley I am flying to houston to make out with ed wade. then I will bang amaro when I get back to philly.
    Fuck this heat. I have to help my sister move today. Decent chance I am dead by noon.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Fuck this heat. I have to help my sister move today. Decent chance I am dead by noon.

that would be at or near the top of my list of things not to do today. sounds horrendous man. just awful...
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

that would be at or near the top of my list of things not to do today. sounds horrendous man. just awful...

Fucking horrible, the whole story is, that little bitch gets out of it because she is studying for the bar this week. So it's me and her boyfriend. Probably going to be the worst day of my life. Moving in general blows and add the heat.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Fucking horrible, the whole story is, that little bitch gets out of it because she is studying for the bar this week. So it's me and her boyfriend. Probably going to be the worst day of my life. Moving in general blows and add the heat.

that stinks.

check the fraud thread for what i'm in for today. not happy about it...
    www.myspace.com
    that stinks.

check the fraud thread for what i'm in for today. not happy about it...

Yeah, horrible. At least I am due to lose a few pounds. Well, here goes nothing.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    The Fixer wrote:

sup bitches?

phone took a shit on me today during an important work call (never buy a droid kids)...and now I read my boy colvin might get moved.

excuse me while I get another beer. yep, I'm drunk

is it too late for RAJ to trade for a 1B?
    My Droid reboots itself all the time

And sends phantom texts
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Chase looks good in that cleanup hole.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,823
    Looking good, all runs have been homers, Chase with 2 R6 off the bench. Kendrick pitched ok. and The Braves are losing, finally :lol::D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Looking good, all runs have been homers, Chase with 2 R6 off the bench. Kendrick pitched ok. and The Braves are losing, finally :lol::D

The bats really took over in this one. Nice to see. :D

Should we have any interest in Bj Upton?
    Go Birds!!!!
    averaging 5.25 runs/game in 2nd half so far....only 8 games, but encouraging.

interesting note to be cognizant of this week: with beltran's no trade clause, he has 24 hours to approve a trade. so the deadline for getting him would be saturday, not sunday.
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.