***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    Great win. Good job by Stutes and Bastardo and Fransisco too for starting that two-out rally off the bench
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,983
    LOOK AT THAT LITTLE BASTARD PITCH! :clap:

LOOK AT DA LITTLE BAHSTID

tumblr_l0bie9IccR1qza49co1_500.png
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Great win. Good job by Stutes and Bastardo and Fransisco too for starting that two-out rally off the bench

good point about francisco. was pretty dumb for them to play a no doubles defense with 2 outs and a 2 run lead. bad teams just seem to be untalented and stupid
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,577
    back up to 3.5 on the bravos too....assuming the rocks don't blow this 8 run lead in the 7th, which they most certainly will after me posting this.
    www.myspace.com
    Wow. Phils get win number 60 on July 19th - didn't get there till August 5th last year. More than anything I wanna be in a groove come September that's being set by the lineup and not the pitching. One can hope...
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    The Fixer wrote:
    And another thing - was Singleton 17 when he graduated high school? Just looking up his numbers, and he started rookie ball at the age of 17? Damn.

yeah, he was. not sure how that works.

you're thinking of longoria in the WS. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE--VVVVVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    His birthday is in August so he wouldn't turn 18 until after the school year ended. He probably got drafted, graduated, signed, and then started playing before he turned 18 that summer.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,385
    The Fixer wrote:
    you're thinking of longoria in the WS. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE--VVVVVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

That was the best. Especially since he plays in the AL East, and Yanks & Red Sox fans never thought of it. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:
    great win. cliff lee gets a lot of credit. didn't have his good stuff and kept them in it.

and utley is awesome.

ugly as always, but I'll take it

Yep, awesome win. That's why good teams are good and bad teams are bad.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    edited July 2011
    "Yesterday the Mets provided Beltran with a short list of teams to consider, and the Phillies are believed to be on it, report Tim Brown and Jeff Passan of Yahoo. The writers add that the Mets have indicated a willingness to pay much or all of the $6MM owed to Beltran depending on the return. They list the Red Sox, Giants, and Yankees as other suitors, and wonder if the East Coast teams have an edge since Beltran lives in New York. Brown and Passan named the Brewers as a dark horse, but they don't have much in the way of top prospects."

And just read that James Shields may be available for a trade. So my thinking is if that's the case, then why wouldn't BJ Upton be available as well, especially after the rumbling with Washington? If New York wants Brown first and foremost, then I would clearly give him up for Upton easily over Beltran.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Huge win,it's good to see Martinez actually look like a ball player. I know i'm not alone for thinking he should have been sent back to what ever team we Rule 5'd him from a long time ago. I'd really like to see are R6 remember how to play baseball today. His stick is really hurting this team right now.

The more i think about it a Brown and someone else for Pence trade needs to happen. We need a big Righty bat who's young and he's it. I really hope we don't get Beltran because i don't wanna give the Muts any value,
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Huge win,it's good to see Martinez actually look like a ball player. I know i'm not alone for thinking he should have been sent back to what ever team we Rule 5'd him from a long time ago. I'd really like to see are R6 remember how to play baseball today. His stick is really hurting this team right now.

The more i think about it a Brown and someone else for Pence trade needs to happen. We need a big Righty bat who's young and he's it. I really hope we don't get Beltran because i don't wanna give the Muts any value,

Good article about Beltran if traded

http://m.philly.com/phillycom/pm_107106 ... d=gBOyU2pT
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Just got a FB invite to attend the Dancin on Air marathon. I have to get to the bottom of this. I still don't understand
    "Yesterday the Mets provided Beltran with a short list of teams to consider, and the Phillies are believed to be on it, report Tim Brown and Jeff Passan of Yahoo. The writers add that the Mets have indicated a willingness to pay much or all of the $6MM owed to Beltran depending on the return. They list the Red Sox, Giants, and Yankees as other suitors, and wonder if the East Coast teams have an edge since Beltran lives in New York. Brown and Passan named the Brewers as a dark horse, but they don't have much in the way of top prospects."

And just read that James Shields may be available for a trade. So my thinking is if that's the case, then why wouldn't BJ Upton be available as well, especially after the rumbling with Washington? If New York wants Brown first and foremost, then I would clearly give him up for Upton easily over Beltran.

I would trade brown in the right deal...and I've been saying for two months that beltran is my first choice. however I wouldn't trade brown for beltran if they are only getting beltran for 2 months...without any draft compensation at the end of the year.

pence is different. I'd trade brown for him in a heartbeat.

trade rumors are heating up. Love this time of year (except for the disgusting weather)
    also, I would love to see them sell high on worley. he's pitched well, but I don't think he can keep this up. his stuff isn't anything special
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,577
    The Fixer wrote:
    also, I would love to see them sell high on worley. he's pitched well, but I don't think he can keep this up. his stuff isn't anything special

ja happ 2.0.....hopefully ed wade is salivating over him. :lol:

....actually i like him more than you. i think he can be a decent mid rotation type pitcher. but i would package him up in a heartbeat.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    Just got a FB invite to attend the Dancin on Air marathon. I have to get to the bottom of this. I still don't understand

Gonna see The Fixer's early days rockin the Mullet ??

I used to watch that show almost everyday after school...I was too young to be on the show but not too young to look at the girls

:D

You remember went it changed to DANCE PARTY USA ? :lol:

The Fixer wrote:

I used to watch that show almost everyday after school...I was too young to be on the show but not too young to look at the girls

I honestly don't remember this show at all. I was more of an Al Albert's Showcase guy :D

I'm saving anything mullet related for my next trip to Pittsburgh. Which could be round 1 of the playoffs. GO PIRATES!
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I honestly don't remember this show at all. I was more of an Al Albert's Showcase guy :D

I'm saving anything mullet related for my next trip to Pittsburgh. Which could be round 1 of the playoffs. GO PIRATES!

Wow...I think i was more into it because I had an older brother who knew some of the girls on there

Jersey's own Kelly Ripa was on that show

;)

Wow...I think i was more into it because I had an older brother who knew some of the girls on there

;)

Ah, yes...Eastern High. Those bastards

She is hot

How was your tailgate dude?
    The Fixer wrote:

;)

Ah, yes...Eastern High. Those bastards

She is hot

How was your tailgate dude?

It was great

43 people...3 grills...any kind of alcohol you wanted

What i like is after the game we hang out again fire up the grill and chill until the lot empties

It was a 2 cigar night...good night

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    Melky can't play for the phillies, I can't root for him to do well if he's playing for you fuckers.
    The Fixer wrote:

ja happ 2.0.....hopefully ed wade is salivating over him. :lol:

....actually i like him more than you. i think he can be a decent mid rotation type pitcher. but i would package him up in a heartbeat.

What's so great about Cliff Lee's stuff? He's just a good pitcher.

I mean eventually we have to keep some young pitchers, right?

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730

You sound like a Yankees fan, in a good way, haha
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Well my team has been acting like the Yankees. But I don't think they can pull it off long term.

So how bout Jimmy hitting HRs from both sides. Didn't Steve Jeltz do that? I could've sworn.

Cliffy6745 wrote:

Well my team has been acting like the Yankees. But I don't think they can pull it off long term.

So how bout Jimmy hitting HRs from both sides. Didn't Steve Jeltz do that? I could've sworn.

Yeah just heard that on tv. Good old Steve Jeltz.

Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah just heard that on tv. Good old Steve Jeltz.

2 things...the phils have better young pitchers than worley. I think he is expendible. Sell high baby. johnny, like you've been saying, spend on the rotation and keep the cheap kids in the pen

Me and my buddies had an email thread going about phils switch hitters of the last 20 years. Pretty short list we came up with. Let me know you guys can think of others.

rollins
    victorino
    gregg jefferies
    tomas perez
    michael martinez
    hollins
    stocker
    morandini
    steve jeltz
    vicente padilla :lol:

this team's history really is horrendous.
    edited July 2011
    Oh boy, here we go. Pence is signed thru 2013. I'd definitely go after him if he's available.

I don't like the singleton stuff, but it makes sense with $125 million man at 1B for 5 more years (dry heave noises)

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/07/p ... leton.html

Gotta love RAJs aggressiveness. He wants another ring sans-gillick.
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    The Fixer wrote:
    2 things...the phils have better young pitchers than worley. I think he is expendible. Sell high baby. johnny, like you've been saying, spend on the rotation and keep the cheap kids in the pen.

You already are gonna have 3 starters making about $65M! Gotta have one or 2 cheap ones. Stuff is great but there's something to be said for proving you can do it in the show.

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :mrgreen:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_le ... lb-wp13209

Ryan Howard(notes), Philadelphia Phillies

Data: .246/.342/.453, 18 HR, 73 RBIs, 1 SB, 0 CS, 49 BB/104 K

Malfunction: Ryan Howard is leading the National League in RBIs, and he's on his way to another 30-homer season. Still, if you look a little deeper, the 31-year-old is having a disappointing campaign and a terrible July, with just a .548 OPS in 14 games this month. That's a small sample size, but Howard's decline has been nearly linear: Beginning in 2006, his MVP campaign, his yearly OPS has been the following: 1.084, .976, .881, .931, .859, .795. This would all be worrisome in itself, but his contract makes it positively frightening. Starting next year, the Phillies owe him $125 million through 2016. Is Ryan Howard's bat turning from elite to ordinary?

Diagnosis: Ryan Howard has been one of the ultimate touchstones for the debate about just how useful RBIs are in measuring a hitter's value. The sabermetric answer, of course, is "not very." RBI totals have much more to do with a hitter's teammates — the ones who got on base in order to be driven in — than with the one driving them in.

As Joe Posnanski wrote a week ago:

Howard leads all of baseball with 296 runners on base. He had an amazing 60 game-stretch recently when he hit .223 … and he still drove in 47 runs in those 60 games.

But a low batting average is the least of it. Bill Baer at Crashburn Alley lays out the statistics of the matter: Ryan Howard is in the process of posting career lows in Isolated Power, Weighted On-Base Average, and hitting against left-handed pitchers.

The drop in Isolated Power — a measure of a hitter's ability to hit for extra bases, calculated by subtracting batting average from slugging percentage — has been particularly precipitous, declining from a spectacular .346 in 2006 to a more ordinary .207 in 2011, lower than his teammate Shane Victorino(notes). Moreover, the collapse in his platoon splits suggests that Howard, who only has a .637 OPS against southpaws this year, may need to be removed from his everyday role when a left-hander is on the mound. Weighted On-Base Average is an overall measure of offensive performance, sort of like a more advanced version of OPS — another measure in which he's posting a career low.

The drop in his Isolated Power is particularly salient for a power hitter like Howard: It's 40 percent lower this year than it was when he won his MVP. But his walk rate this year has declined by nearly a quarter, from 15.3 percent in 2006 to 11.7 percent this year. (He has also cut his strikeouts, but not by quite as much.) If that weren't enough, Fangraphs has Howard as a below-average baserunner and below-average fielder.

That said, Howard is a notorious second-half hitter. For his career, he has an .867 OPS in the first half and a 1.007 OPS in the second half. So it's very possible that he'll catch fire for the rest of the summer and post the kind of numbers we got used to seeing from him before his injury-shortened 2010. However, I noted Howard's traditional second-half bounce in Slumpbot last June, and Howard proceeded to produce an .858 OPS in the second half after posting an .859 OPS in the first half. So it's quite likely that Howard's problems — especially his declining power and walks — are caused by something other than the calendar.

Reboot Directions: Ryan Howard is still a pretty good hitter, particularly in a year in which offense is down across the league. But he isn't very good, and his power has been on a linear decline for six years. Even if his Batting Average on Balls in Play climbs up 34 points to reach his career average, that overall decline is almost sure to continue.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:
    Oh boy, here we go. Pence is signed thru 2013. I'd definitely go after him if he's available.

I don't like the singleton stuff, but it makes sense with $125 million man at 1B for 5 more years (dry heave noises)

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/07/p ... leton.html

Gotta love RAJs aggressiveness. He wants another ring sans-gillick.

Wait. What do the Mariners have to do with it?

I'd rather play Ibanez than get Melky. :?

This discussion has been closed.