***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Day time baseball on a Monday? Looks like I have something to listen to for the afternoon.

yeah, weird that you see the last game of a 4 game series on a monday.

Franzke is great on the radio

I like both he and L.A., they crack me up
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,385
    Confirmed: Pence won't be traded this season

SI.com's Jon Heyman has confirmed that the Astros will not trade Hunter Pence at this year's deadline.
    The Astros were known to be shopping the 28-year-old outfielder at one point, and even drew interest from the Braves and Pirates, but the Houston front office apparently didn't find any suitable offers. Pence is batting .308/.355/.472 with 11 home runs and 62 RBI in 95 games this season. He's earning $6.9 million.

Looks like he's staying put.

That won't be "confirmed" until Sunday.

This is ugly today. Denorfia must've been pissed that I yelled at him about his ugly uniform on Friday night. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,577
    what was up with cliff today?

haven't been able to follow game much...
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Lidge in. This should be interesting
    what was up with cliff today?

haven't been able to follow game much...

he pitched like shit. brown dove for a ball and it hit off his wrist. wasn't a tough play. that opened the flood gates for 4 runs to score in the 2nd (play of the game to this point).
    The Fixer wrote:

great inning for lidge. not gonna get too carried away, but that would be huge if he can be effective
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

great inning for lidge. not gonna get too carried away, but that would be huge if he can be effective

yeah? that is great news....what was his velocity at?
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

didn't notice that. was on some calls while I was watching. been watching most of the game on mute, which is actually nice.

big spot for crust here
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

didn't notice that. was on some calls while I was watching. been watching most of the game on mute, which is actually nice.

big spot for crust here

watching a game on mute...blasting some pj....downing multiple beers = pretty quality pregame to an evening's festivities.
    www.myspace.com
    how bout those buccos :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Some of us are starting to understand that Yankees mindset, just a little bit. Of course, our team still has only two championships. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I will believe this when I see it.

You guys see the pj20 movie trailer? looks pretty awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzI8OhR0IVY
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Some of us are starting to understand that Yankees mindset, just a little bit. Of course, our team still has only two championships. :lol:

Seems like it, especially with how they have been linked to bascially every player on the market.

I have quietly been amused at some of the talk around here.

Adams...get him
    Bell....get him
    Upton....get him
    Pence...get him
    Beltran...get him.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Seems like it, especially with how they have been linked to bascially every player on the market.

Adams...get him
    Bell....get him
    Upton....get him
    Pence...get him
    Beltran...get him.

I want Pence. The rest I can take or leave; especially Upton, who I can just leave. But I'd like to see the Braves and Giants NOT get Beltran.

Bell doesn't do much for me. Bullpen guys get hot & cold all the time.

Cliffy6745 wrote:

once they did the r6's contract last year, i said i thought that was a sign they'd be willing to start increasing their payroll more than they usually do. this is just another indicator of that.
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Adams...get him
    Bell....get him
    Upton....get him
    Pence...get him
    Beltran...get him.

My order would be.
    Pence
    Upton
    Adams
    Beltran
    Bell

I really only want the first 2 the rest im good on.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

once they did the r6's contract last year, i said i thought that was a sign they'd be willing to start increasing their payroll more than they usually do. this is just another indicator of that.

his nickname should be the E-3 or the backwards K. His throw the other day was money.
    The Fixer wrote:

his nickname should be the E-3 or the backwards K. His throw the other day was money.

breaking news: the fixer does not like ryan howard...

we now return you to your regularly scheduled broadcast....
    www.myspace.com
    Some of us are starting to understand that Yankees mindset, just a little bit. Of course, our team still has only two championships. :lol:[/quote]

once they did the r6's contract last year, i said i thought that was a sign they'd be willing to start increasing their payroll more than they usually do. this is just another indicator of that.[/quote]

his nickname should be the E-3 or the backwards K. His throw the other day was money.[/quote]

You can't help yourself can u?
    Go Birds!!!!
    as for rankings of guys that have been brought up

pence
    beltran
    thornton
    willingham
    loogy
    bell
    adams
    melky
    upton
    quentin

ludwick and francoeur would be something like 1,324th and 1,325th on my list

of course it all depends on what they'd have to give up in each trade so this exercise is pretty much useless unless you're comparing trade packages

someone brought up the albatross that is his contract. awful
    The Fixer wrote:

:roll: :roll:
    Go Birds!!!!
    edited July 2011
    The Fixer wrote:

:roll: :roll:

he's now 3rd on the team in slg %. exactly what I want from my cleanup hitter (not like the guys ahead of him are slugging at an impressive clip either)
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    fixer's only happy when this team's coming off a loss :lol:
    www.myspace.com

don't you have a TV show you should be watching?

yesterday was on dom brown
    The Fixer wrote:

a tv show i could be watching...huh? :?
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

you're in the wrong profession. with all the TV you watch, you should be a TV critic
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,949
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I will believe this when I see it.

You guys see the pj20 movie trailer? looks pretty awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzI8OhR0IVY
    you guys are pearl jam fans?? :? :shock: :lol:

your boys haven't seen a lineup as weak as the giants since, well, yesterday. I really don't know how my boys can be in first place. our #1 HR hitter has nine. yes, nine. :wtf:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

you're in the wrong profession. with all the TV you watch, you should be a TV critic

what in sam's hell you talking about dude? seriously? :?

this is more confusing than your milton bradley or dannys baez comments this year...
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.