***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    What did you do to Doc 81? :lol:

I was busy last night and turned it on and it was 6-1, I was like, WTF happened?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    miserable

unless your at the beach or in a pair of shorts and flops at the very least

the weatherman said today is the 'cool " day of the week ....( it's gonna be 95) 8-)

you could have been naked last night and it wouldn't felt good. 99% of the people were in shorts/tshirts/tanks, or a dress. Couple of not so bright people wearing jeans (i'm looking at you philly fan girl :lol: )

i could get the tickets for wed's game, but it's not worth sitting in the sweltering heat to watch those hacks from Philly.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

I was busy last night and turned it on and it was 6-1, I was like, WTF happened?

yeah, that was weird. i knew he wasn't going to last long with a pitch count of 48 in the 3rd. i was still suprised when he got the early hook. didn't realize at the time that he was ill.

he did not look like the Halladay that is suppose to a top 3 pitcher. he looked like he should have been wearing cubbie blue last night. :lol:

at least it made for a memorable night. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Love how wheels is blaming the weather for this. as if halladay has never pitched in the heat. god he is annoying

trust me when i say this...it was miserable at the park last night. the heat was bad, but than it super humid. why i got home and stepped out of the air conditioned comfort of my truck, my glassses fogged up, much like they do in winter and you go inside. there was barely a breeze in the infield. it was blowing out, but the stadium sheltered the most of the seats and field.

i was really suprised as many people stuck around to the end.

i'd rather see a game with the temp in the 50's and the wind blowing in.

its 100 degrees across the whole U.S. (with humidity)

you beat me to it. everyone knows it's hot. maybe doc was hung over :shock:

this weather is the absolute worst. I hate this shit
    81 wrote:

yeah, that was weird. i knew he wasn't going to last long with a pitch count of 48 in the 3rd. i was still suprised when he got the early hook. didn't realize at the time that he was ill.

he did not look like the Halladay that is suppose to a top 3 pitcher. he looked like he should have been wearing cubbie blue last night. :lol:

at least it made for a memorable night. :lol:

looked like there were a lot of phils fans there. especially for a monday night
    The Fixer wrote:
    looked like there were a lot of phils fans there. especially for a monday night

they say that on any given night 37% of the attendee's are from out of state.

quite a few phils fans for sure, and for a monday night game on a miserable night, it was a good crowd. it amazes me that so many people are willing to shell out cash to watch the cubs. :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    It must have been really bad heat wise because Halladay is probably the best conditioned Phillie of all. The man is a work horse and has a very regimented work out. He's in fantastic shape.

For him to be affected by the heat like that is scary.
    It must have been really bad heat wise because Halladay is probably the best conditioned Phillie of all. The man is a work horse and has a very regimented work out. He's in fantastic shape.

there was a haze inside the ball park last night. it was disgusting. looks like it is going to be just as bad tonight.

i felt bad for the players having to wear pants vs. shorts or whatever.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    81 wrote:

there was a haze inside the ball park last night. it was disgusting.

awwww poor multi-millionaires sweating alittle :roll:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    81 wrote:

there was a haze inside the ball park last night. it was disgusting.

awwww poor multi-millionaires sweating alittle :roll:

and fans and consessions, and ticket people, and umps, and grounds crew and...the list goes on.

normally, i'm right there with you, but it was brutal last night.

sweat wasn't doing much good with the humidity.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,983
    What's good, weirdos? Just saw this posted on my FB page...

http://www.the700level.com/07/19/11/Rum ... eedID=8510
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,577
    81 wrote:

there was a haze inside the ball park last night. it was disgusting. looks like it is going to be just as bad tonight.

thankfully the phils didn't have some up and coming assistant to the traveling secretary forcing them to wear cotton uniforms last night..... :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:

thankfully the phils didn't have some up and coming assistant to the traveling secretary forcing them to wear cotton uniforms last night..... :mrgreen:

:lol:

i don't care what nelly says, that was some shit weather to be playing in.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,385
    I still think there had to be something else wrong with Doc. He never looked like himself. Well, hopefully he feels better today.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Would u guys trade Brown and say Cosart for Pence? No speculation just a convo i had with a buddy earlier. Pence is under control until 2014 and the kid would go nuts here imo.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,385
    Would u guys trade Brown and say Cosart for Pence? No speculation just a convo i had with a buddy earlier. Pence is under control until 2014 and the kid would go nuts here imo.

Brown is still a fairly raw prospect with huge tools, right? And the guy we wouldn't trade for Roy Halladay. And now we're trading him for Hunter Pence? :?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,577

i think it was jim salisburry's article on sunday...he had a scout say he wouldn't do that. he thinks brown will better in a couple years.

people need to have patience with young dominic.

i'd love to see both pence and brown in the corners somehow. don't think it's too possible though...
    www.myspace.com

Brown is still a fairly raw prospect with huge tools, right? And the guy we wouldn't trade for Roy Halladay. And now we're trading him for Hunter Pence? :?

Exactly. And along with Cosart. Doesn't make any sense.

i think it was jim salisburry's article on sunday...he had a scout say he wouldn't do that. he thinks brown will better in a couple years.

i'd love to see both pence and brown in the corners somehow. don't think it's too possible though...

Didn't see the article,was just throwing it out there. I'm sure Brown will be good but Pence is good and he's a righty. He's better and younger then Werth and the rest of MLB is seeing how much this lineup made Werth. Pence would kill it here,i think i'd call Ed up and at least see.
    Go Birds!!!!

Exactly. And along with Cosart. Doesn't make any sense.
    The Phillies the same team that Over values every good minor leaguer. I think Cosart if healthy will be a stud.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/playe ... hu01.shtml
    Go Birds!!!!
    I think you're trying to say that the Phillies over-value prospects? Even though they have traded them away at an increasing rate? How is that overvaluing?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    If someone trades for Pence, you are buying really really high. Good player but not sure you can expect this years production to continue. Maybe you can, but it's a big gamble.
    I still think there had to be something else wrong with Doc. He never looked like himself. Well, hopefully he feels better today.

I'm going with hangover. chicago has a ton of quality drinking establishments

JP, I saw that nunez stuff. I think he's kinda erratic. I wouldn't give up much for him. I think he'd poop himself in playoffs.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    If someone trades for Pence, you are buying really really high. Good player but not sure you can expect this years production to continue. Maybe you can, but it's a big gamble.

Exactly. Maybe Pence for Brown or Cosart straight up, but not both. And even that is a stretch. For Houston to trade Pence to Philly it needs to be for a steal because Houston's new owner I don't think has any interest in seeing the Astros continue to be the AAAA Phillies for Ed Wade. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Wade isn't even back next year.
    I think you're trying to say that the Phillies over-value prospects? Even though they have traded them away at an increasing rate? How is that overvaluing?
    Yeah sorry tryn to type and work sometimes my fingers don't keep up. They have traded alot but even going back for years they've always thought they had the next star. Point is trading Brown and say Cosart or Worley for Pence to me is a smart move.
    Go Birds!!!!

yeah, I wouldn't give up that much.

colvin and singleton are the two I would label as untouchable...and I'd only give up may or cosart if I absolutely had to.

I'd probably do pence for cosart or brown straight up...but not for both

Didn't see the article,was just throwing it out there. I'm sure Brown will be good but Pence is good and he's a righty. He's better and younger then Werth and the rest of MLB is seeing how much this lineup made Werth. Pence would kill it here,i think i'd call Ed up and at least see.

I'm still not sold on browns swing. And his defense...yikes. I know he's young, but this team is built to win right now
    The Fixer wrote:

JP, I saw that nunez stuff. I think he's kinda erratic. I wouldn't give up much for him. I think he'd poop himself in playoffs.

Yeah, but he'd be better in the 7th innings than Herndon or Baez or whatever. I honestly don't see a relief move being really worth it unless it's a Bell or an Adams(which would really be nasty), but at the same time I don't think what they would have to give up would be worth it. Lidge, Stutes, Bastardo, Madson - in that oder in a game. So you're talking about bringing someone in to move Stutes to a less pressure-filled spot and leaving the 7th/8th to Bastardo and whom ever they would bring in. Whatever move they would make, it would need to be a big move, and I think help in the outfield is more of a pertinent issue.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

he's signed thru 2012 too, which makes him more appealing IMO

I'd trade brown for him in a heartbeat
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah, but he'd be better in the 7th innings than Herndon or Baez or whatever. I honestly don't see a relief move being really worth it unless it's a Bell or an Adams(which would really be nasty), but at the same time I don't think what they would have to give up would be worth it. Lidge, Stutes, Bastardo, Madson - in that oder in a game. So you're talking about bringing someone in to move Stutes to a less pressure-filled spot and leaving the 7th/8th to Bastardo and whom ever they would bring in. Whatever move they would make, it would need to be a big move, and I think help in the outfield is more of a pertinent issue.

I hear ya. they do need pen help. stutes is already leaking a bit due to the increased workload. don't mean to sound overly negative, but ya gotta figure bastardo is next. he hasn't been a durable guy throughout his career and he's pitched more than he ever has.

they could use another LH reliever too. I'm not sold on JC Perez
This discussion has been closed.