***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    Why beat a dead horse? You know where the convo will eventually end up,although i'm sure that's your goal. Anyway nice to see KK look good to this point. Taking a series without using Doc or Lee especially with Hamels pitching bad is huge.

according to some here his defense has been 'flawless' this year. Just pointing out how wrong that statement is. he still blows in the field

kendrick needs to drill some of these pussies for what that douche pelfrey did in the first. I hate that guy, he's gay as hell

Please find who and were that was said i'd love to see it. Because i sure didn't say flawless,but i'm shocked you'd leave out a very key word like NEAR. Can u ever just say what was really said or do u twist EVERYTHING u say in life?

it really doesn't matter what the exact wording was. the fact that anyone can defend his defense is crazy
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Up to the point when i said it he was. He had 1 or 2 errors at that point,his throwing and range had improved bigtime. Since then he's had the case of the drops. But when my comment was made a key word like NEAR was very important. So i could say i nearly won the lottery but you'd see it as i actually did since little key words don't mean shit :lol: :roll:
    Go Birds!!!!
    Up to the point when i said it he was. He had 1 or 2 errors at that point,his throwing and range had improved bigtime. Since then he's had the case of the drops. But when my comment was made a key word like NEAR was very important. So i could say i nearly won the lottery but you'd see it as i actually did since little key words don't mean shit :lol: :roll:

I think it's funny when people say how much howards defense has improved.

If you're a 500 pound fat ass and you lose 50 pounds, you're still fat
    The Fixer wrote:

Your the guy who see's the worlds hottiest chick and complains she has tan lines. Have u ever done anything incorrect in your life? Cause i'm pretty sure there's not a perfect human out there.
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

Your the guy who see's the worlds hottiest chick and complains she has tan lines. Have u ever done anything incorrect in your life? Cause i'm pretty sure there's not a perfect human out there.

I burned a piece of toast once. That really sucked

If you're a 500 pound fat ass and you lose 50 pounds, you're still fat[/quote]
    Your the guy who see's the worlds hottiest chick and complains she has tan lines. Have u ever done anything incorrect in your life? Cause i'm pretty sure there's not a perfect human out there.[/quote]

I burned a piece of toast once. That really sucked[/quote]

I don't believe you,i'm sure u actually wanted it extra toasty :)
    Go Birds!!!!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,823
    Kendrick pitched very well , our bullpen on the other hand looked like shit :|
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    •The Phillies are telling teams that they can add about $2MM in salary, which would keep them below the luxury tax threshold. They would also prefer to trade for players they can control through at least 2012, which makes rentals like Carlos Beltran or Heath Bell less appealing.

•Mike Adams is one player under control past this season who has drawn "serious interest" from the Phillies, as we heard yesterday. But the Yankees and Rangers, among other teams, are also very interested in the righty.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,385

You guys are making me laugh my ass off.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

You guys are making me laugh my ass off.
    Glad i could brighten your day :thumbup:
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    The Fixer wrote:

kendrick needs to drill some of these pussies for what that douche pelfrey did in the first. I hate that guy, he's gay as hell
    he's probably an even more awful pitcher in bed. i hate him too.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,577
    when the hell was the last time this team lost a series?

STEAM ROLLIN'....
    www.myspace.com
    baseball is great at all levels. went to the wife's cousin's legion regionals game last night. this kid is being scouted by the yankees and is thinking about schools like unc, fsu, florida etc etc etc. he's kind of a big deal. hit a grand slam, a 2 run homer, and 2 doubles on saturday. went 1-3 last night with a couple rbi. some nice plays at 3rd too.

thing that caught my eye was their pitcher. complete game effort. dude had to have been well over 100 pitches. throwing smoke into the 9th (they play all 9 in regionals). wish more kids would come up throwing deep into games without coaches being terribly concerned with pitch counts. placing so much emphasis on pitch counts is one of the things that's brought the quality of the game down over the last 20 years or so imo. so it was good to see this last night.....i think lehigh is looking at that kid.

GO. PHILS.
    www.myspace.com
    baseball is great at all levels. went to the wife's cousin's legion regionals game last night. this kid is being scouted by the yankees and is thinking about schools like unc, fsu, florida etc etc etc. he's kind of a big deal. hit a grand slam, a 2 run homer, and 2 doubles on saturday. went 1-3 last night with a couple rbi. some nice plays at 3rd too.

thing that caught my eye was their pitcher. complete game effort. dude had to have been well over 100 pitches. throwing smoke into the 9th (they play all 9 in regionals). wish more kids would come up throwing deep into games without coaches being terribly concerned with pitch counts. placing so much emphasis on pitch counts is one of the things that's brought the quality of the game down over the last 20 years or so imo. so it was good to see this last night.....i think lehigh is looking at that kid.

GO. PHILS.

what team? one of my good friends coaches the Nor Gwyn squad. They are a bit down this year, but usually they do well.

The EV sets from the seattle shows are incredible. I feel shafted by what we got
    The Fixer wrote:

GO. PHILS.

what team? one of my good friends coaches the Nor Gwyn squad. They are a bit down this year, but usually they do well.

The EV sets from the seattle shows are incredible. I feel shafted by what we got

ha....nazareth. they played at nor gwyn last night. beat them 3-1.

that field is pretty cool there. under the lights and shit.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

GO. PHILS.

ha....nazareth. they played at nor gwyn last night. beat them 3-1.

that field is pretty cool there. under the lights and shit.

small world.

I think three of their best players are hurt. my boy was saying that he is surpised they are still playing. they've had a tough year according to him

Heat index of 110 on saturday. Definitely selling my phils tix. No way I'm sitting outside in that shit without an accessible body of water. worst weather of the year right now (though saturday in cape may it was perfect)
    i'll be hof club saturday. so at least i'll be in the shade.

ask your buddy about karl keglovits. that's her cousin. this kid is an absolute beast.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

Night 1 was no better than our show, but Night 2 - holy shit.

We have Friday night's game - 98 degrees high. Probably not too good for Signora Abruzzo.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:

Night 1 was no better than our show, but Night 2 - holy shit.

Night 2 was def the better of the two, but More than You Know and especially Blue, Red, and Grey are better than any songs we got.

Oh well. I need to let it go. I think philly has the worst setlist on this tour though. I guess we can't always be spoiled as fans
    The Fixer wrote:
    Oh well. I need to let it go. I think philly has the worst setlist on this tour though. I guess we can't always be spoiled as fans

Yeah you do. I still thought it was a great show for my first EV. 8-)

Jeags, here's what my buddy said (he knows his shit) about your boy...I asked him if the dude is any good.

Who knows...I have known about him for 4 years, but he is a kid that really is coddled and saves his stuff for showcases. We lost to his team Nazareth last night, 3-1. He played 3rd base and went 0-4 and didnt get the ball out of the infield. We got him out with changeups and pounded him with fastballs in. The night before he hit 2 out and drove in 9. From 3rd, he puts an easy rope across the infield - looks effortless, and before the game his long toss was impressive. On the mound, he is 6-5 or 6-6 and brings it. He supposedly pumps it up to 94. I wouldn't be surprised, but i'll believe that when I see it. You hear a lot of this guy and that guy throwing 90, and it ends up being 84-85. I saw him 2 and 3 years ago but all he had was a fastball - nothing complimentary. We were talking to a couple college coaches and he is being scouted heavily by the top teams, and could be taken in the top 3 rounds next year. UNC and Florida are supposed to be at our field tonight, and he has already visited the U. He is pitching against Boyertown in the winner's bracket final right after our game. Boyertown is 43-9 so I'll definitely stick around and watch it. Boyertown's pretty good. Apparently this kid has never thrown more than 7 innings and probably wont get deep into the game. All these games are 9.

Personally, I think the dude is soft - just from what i've seen, but I haven't seen him pitch in 2 years. He is tall and kind of skinny fat. I think the baseball uni covers up a soft figure. An Easton writer said the same thing. He also said he is a class clown and a happy go lucky kid, but a good kid. His teammates love him. I'll give my KLaw analysis tomorrow.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    The Fixer wrote:
    Jeags, here's what my buddy said (he knows his shit) about your boy...I asked him if the dude is any good.

Who knows...I have known about him for 4 years, but he is a kid that really is coddled and saves his stuff for showcases. We lost to his team Nazareth last night, 3-1. He played 3rd base and went 0-4 and didnt get the ball out of the infield. We got him out with changeups and pounded him with fastballs in. The night before he hit 2 out and drove in 9. From 3rd, he puts an easy rope across the infield - looks effortless, and before the game his long toss was impressive. On the mound, he is 6-5 or 6-6 and brings it. He supposedly pumps it up to 94. I wouldn't be surprised, but i'll believe that when I see it. You hear a lot of this guy and that guy throwing 90, and it ends up being 84-85. I saw him 2 and 3 years ago but all he had was a fastball - nothing complimentary. We were talking to a couple college coaches and he is being scouted heavily by the top teams, and could be taken in the top 3 rounds next year. UNC and Florida are supposed to be at our field tonight, and he has already visited the U. He is pitching against Boyertown in the winner's bracket final right after our game. Boyertown is 43-9 so I'll definitely stick around and watch it. Boyertown's pretty good. Apparently this kid has never thrown more than 7 innings and probably wont get deep into the game. All these games are 9.

Personally, I think the dude is soft - just from what i've seen, but I haven't seen him pitch in 2 years. He is tall and kind of skinny fat. I think the baseball uni covers up a soft figure. An Easton writer said the same thing. He also said he is a class clown and a happy go lucky kid, but a good kid. His teammates love him. I'll give my KLaw analysis tomorrow.

That's not KLaw analysis?

Whats he being scouted as? Pitcher I assume?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

wait until he seems him play tonight. He'll send me a 3 page report. he's nuts about this shit

if he goes to college he can do both. not sure what he'd get drafted as.

high school I went to had a really good baseball program. I played CF and the dude I got stuck behind (year older than me) ended up winning two national titles at LSU. He was a beast. One of my good buddies got drafted late in the draft. We still bust his balls because he was actually picked right before travis hafner, who has gone on to have a decent career.

THis kid I'm having better be a boy
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

wait until he seems him play tonight. He'll send me a 3 page report. he's nuts about this shit

if he goes to college he can do both. not sure what he'd get drafted as.

high school I went to had a really good baseball program. I played CF and the dude I got stuck behind (year older than me) ended up winning two national titles at LSU. He was a beast. One of my good buddies got drafted late in the draft. We still bust his balls because he was actually picked right before travis hafner, who has gone on to have a decent career.

THis kid I'm having better be a boy

Yeah, I am an idiot. Didn't think about that with college. Gotta figure with 94 if that's true the pro teams would be looking at him as a pitcher.

Thats pretty funny. A guy I went to college got drafter pretty late. Think he played some low a for a season or two but that's it. Kind of cool to at least be able to say you were drafted above Hafner.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I asked that as well...

P...he isn't athletic enough to play anything other than 1B at higher levels unless he goes under a dramatic makeover - something that isn't impossible at the professional level. After seeing him on several charge plays last night, he didnt have the quickness or instincts either. He definitely has the arm to play RF, but he would be a disaster in the OF. Something seemed off at the plate too. Our starter threw low 80s, but knows how to pitch...he looked clueless at the plate at times. Again, my sample is small, but that is my initial impression.

The money that it would take him to skip any school he wants to go to would only come as a P. Colleges will bring him in as a P and try to further his development is what I say will happen and he'll solely be a P
    Doc and Lee i love this staff!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
    damn that was pretty succinct fixer. is this guy their 3rd base coach by any chance?

it seems pretty on point from what i’ve seen and heard of him. yeah he is mostly being recruited as a pitcher (he tossed a perfect game a few months ago). i was hoping he’d pitch last night cuz I work late tonight and can’t get to this game.…..he definitely needs to hit the weight room more. kid is huge for his age, but I agree with your buddy’s analysis there.

he’s got a bit of an attitude that I like too. his team won the carpenter cup last month and he was interviewed by dan baker for the phils’ big screen down there.. baker asked him what it felt like to play at cbp, and the kid says something like “it was cool, but i’m a yankees fan so it’d be cooler at yankee stadium.” –he’s from bethlehem which is about the same distance to ny as to philly.

my father in law is loving this. he goes to as many games as he can. he has 2 girls and no boys so he never got to enjoy stuff like this when they were growing up. cool thing to have in this new extended family of mine…let me know what your friend says of his game tonight.
    www.myspace.com
    Sept 17th people. Tailgating-Penn state- tailgating- philies game. Think I am putting together a pretty big tailgate with a roasted pig and all. Going to be insane. The chances of me getting kicked out of the phillies game are above 90%.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Sept 17th people. Tailgating-Penn state- tailgating- philies game. Think I am putting together a pretty big tailgate with a roasted pig and all. Going to be insane. The chances of me getting kicked out of the phillies game are above 90%.

what's the ticket situation for that game?
    www.myspace.com
    Just went on sale last week. Looks like a lot available on ticketmaster. Pulled 7 lower level end zone together today. I am going to try an do some group tickets since there will be a lot of us, I believe.
This discussion has been closed.