***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,390
    change your avatar. now. :x

OPPO-BOPPO!!! :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,584
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,985

Yeah, it was. From where I was - 420-ish - it was much louder and a lot more people involved.
    Halladay facing this lineup tomorrow:

The AL has Yankees center fielder Curtis Granderson leading off, followed by Cleveland shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera, Boston first baseman Adrian Gonzalez, Toronto right fielder Jose Bautista, Texas left fielder Josh Hamilton, Rangers third baseman Adrian Beltre, Boston designated hitter David Ortiz, Yankees second baseman Robinson Cano and Detroit catcher Alex Avila.

Awesome! Even if it's a stupid exhibition game, that's pretty fun to watch.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

Yeah, it was. From where I was - 420-ish - it was much louder and a lot more people involved.

That shit was fun. :D

The AL has Yankees center fielder Curtis Granderson leading off, followed by Cleveland shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera, Boston first baseman Adrian Gonzalez, Toronto right fielder Jose Bautista, Texas left fielder Josh Hamilton, Rangers third baseman Adrian Beltre, Boston designated hitter David Ortiz, Yankees second baseman Robinson Cano and Detroit catcher Alex Avila.

Yeah, I wish it was like that in the 8th or 9th too instead of seeing the epic matchups of Howie Kendrick against Tyler Clippard. :eh:
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    The Fixer wrote:
    anyone see the futures game this weekend? cosart is dirty. valle got a big hit for the world team. great to see those young guys doing well

Austin Romine was 2-2 with the winning hit. :D
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Yeah, I think I'm gonna do this, dudes(sorry Fixer & Cliff). I just don't think I could pass this up....Actually, I would highly advise you dudes treating yourselves as well...750 for air, 75-100/night for a place on the beach, PJ in paradise....oh lawdy lawd.

You wouldn't rather be picking cow shit out of your sneaker treads ?

:lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    everybody hits :thumbup: THIS is how you want to go into the break.

4 games up in the loss column. 57 wins. now 27-24 against .500 or better teams (since there was concern about this a few weeks ago).

hopefully rube can make a move or two at the deadline.

looking at the rest of the league, i like our chances gentlemen.

GO. PHILS.

Wake me in October...

;)

change your avatar. now. :x

Dude....you don't like Sprout ??

Oh you mean Man-Boobs

:D

Yeah, I think I'm gonna do this, dudes(sorry Fixer & Cliff). I just don't think I could pass this up....Actually, I would highly advise you dudes treating yourselves as well...750 for air, 75-100/night for a place on the beach, PJ in paradise....oh lawdy lawd.

I know a lot of people that have been to Costa Rica and have loved it. Never heard a bad thing. Thinking about doing this. Flights out of Newark are around $500.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I know a lot of people that have been to Costa Rica and have loved it. Never heard a bad thing. Thinking about doing this. Flights out of Newark are around $500.

Yeah, someone just told me that in another thread. That's huge.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, someone just told me that in another thread. That's huge.

Definitely. ALWAYS check Newark for International flights you would take out of Philly.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Heath Bell i'm reading and hearing we have interest in. How in the world could get steal him without adding his salary? If we can't afford more then 2.5-3.5 million for a bat, how could we get him? Is there a way SD would pay his salary?
    Go Birds!!!!
    Heath Bell i'm reading and hearing we have interest in. How in the world could get steal him without adding his salary? If we can't afford more then 2.5-3.5 million for a bat, how could we get him? Is there a way SD would pay his salary?

Take it easy. They're full of shit about the "no more money" thing. 179 straight sellouts. They got the cash.

This team has to do everything it can to bring home another parade this year.

Get it done

Take it easy. They're full of shit about the "no more money" thing. 179 straight sellouts. They got the cash.

I wouldn't go getting Bell if I need a bat first and foremost. They've had enough in-house guys stepping up, plus, like people said, I'd rather check out more in-house options first.

I wouldn't go getting Bell if I need a bat first and foremost. They've had enough in-house guys stepping up, plus, like people said, I'd rather check out more in-house options first.
    If your right Johnny then i agree go get'em. But i agree that a bat is more important right now. The #1 thing this team should do is lock up Hamels. Then go from there imo.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Stutes/Bastardo/Bell/Madson is a sick lock-down bullpen. You really don't need much offense with that pitching staff.

Stutes/Bastardo/Bell/Madson is a sick lock-down bullpen. You really don't need much offense with that pitching staff.

Yeah, but still need to score runs to win - pitching isn't going to help with that. Plus, how many times would need all of them when Halladay/Hamels/Lee are going out there? And, they're not just going to forget about Lidge and his salary.
    Bells making 7.5 this year i'd figure he's owed around 3.5 more this year. And he's a free agent if you get Bell i'd hope it's not for just this season. Meaning what to u do then sign him or Madson? Do you go with who ever's cheaper?
    Go Birds!!!!

Yeah, but still need to score runs to win - pitching isn't going to help with that. Plus, how many times would need all of them when Halladay/Hamels/Lee are going out there? And, they're not just going to forget about Lidge and his salary.
    Lidge's salary goes away after this year so i think they'd forget about him pretty easy if they got Bell. Lidge would be no more then a 7th maybe a 8th inning guy when healthy.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Madson will definitely be cheaper, and Bell I think is a Type-A, so you let him walk and take the picks. First order of business at the end of the year is whether to re-sign Jimmy or not, then Madson, then Hamels. It's either extend Hamels now or wait till the end of the season, with the first part being an obviously better move.
    The fact is Lidge's money IS on the payroll, so why would they pay EXTRA for a setup guy when you know whole-heartedly they want to get as much out of Lidge as possible.
    Madson will definitely be cheaper, and Bell I think is a Type-A, so you let him walk and take the picks. First order of business at the end of the year is whether to re-sign Jimmy or not, then Madson, then Hamels. It's either extend Hamels now or wait till the end of the season, with the first part being an obviously better move.
    Hamels,the closer spot,then Rollins would be my order of importance. I'm not sure who would be cheaper only cause Boras is madson's agent. But a bat would be my first order of business.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Yeah, I'm talking off-season moves. Doesn't matter how much Boras pumps Madson up, he doesn't have the numbers(read: the overrated 'save' statistic) to garner as much money as either of them think he's worth. Madson will be a Phillie. Whether they pay Hamels this offseason or next, there's no way Cole isn't here. And for these two reasons is why Jimmy is first on the list, followed by Madson. The dearth of shortstops this offseason will make Reyes overpaid, subsequently putting Rollins in a sweet spot for a payoff. They should be able to afford all three, and they most likely will pay all three.
    I was talking about this on Saturday with a couple friends. If I were Hamels, no shot I take a 5 year $100 million deal.

He's 27 right now and will be 28 next year, meaning his first free agent year will be his 29 year old season. If he does that, it will be taking him through is 33 year old season at $20 million per. Then at 33, god knows what he will be looking at, depends on what he does but who knows what kind of contract he will be getting.

Dude is pretty much the best pitcher in baseball right now. If he hits free agency, he will be looking at at least a 7 year deal in the $23 million range.

If he wants to stay in Philly then maybe he'll take it, but that would be a big discount. CC was 29 when he signed his 7 year/$161 million deal

The Verlander situation is a little different because it bought out 2 years or arbitration. Hamels has nothing to lose pitching one more season and hitting the market where as Verlander would have been taking a little bigger risk.

What gets it done?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,584

Yeah, I wish it was like that in the 8th or 9th too instead of seeing the epic matchups of Howie Kendrick against Tyler Clippard. :eh:

this time it counts though.
    www.myspace.com
    Whether they pay Hamels this offseason or next, there's no way Cole isn't here.

I don't have any idea why you would be so confident in this. If he becomes a FA, all bets are off. Also, I'd say he's one of Phila's most unappreciated athletes. :roll:

Yeah, I'm talking off-season moves. Doesn't matter how much Boras pumps Madson up, he doesn't have the numbers(read: the overrated 'save' statistic) to garner as much money as either of them think he's worth. Madson will be a Phillie. Whether they pay Hamels this offseason or next, there's no way Cole isn't here. And for these two reasons is why Jimmy is first on the list, followed by Madson. The dearth of shortstops this offseason will make Reyes overpaid, subsequently putting Rollins in a sweet spot for a payoff. They should be able to afford all three, and they most likely will pay all three.

I agree about Madson but with Boras it only takes one team like Wash did with Werth for him to leave. The longer Hamels pitches this good the higher his salary goes,that's why i'd try and lock him up asap. 5-100 imo would get him signed now. Would u pay Jimmy what he thinks he's worth? Cause i sure wouldn't pay him over 13 a year at no longer then 3yrs. He said yesterday he won't be giving a home town discount and to me that's a sign he's leaving.
    Go Birds!!!!

I agree about Madson but with Boras it only takes one team like Wash did with Werth for him to leave. The longer Hamels pitches this good the higher his salary goes,that's why i'd try and lock him up asap. 5-100 imo would get him signed now. Would u pay Jimmy what he thinks he's worth? Cause i sure wouldn't pay him over 13 a year at no longer then 3yrs. He said yesterday he won't be giving a home town discount and to me that's a sign he's leaving.

Like I said in my thinking above, I don't think 5/100 gets it done and especially not with what a much older Cliff Lee got and what CC got/is going to get. There is no incentive for him taking that deal.
This discussion has been closed.