***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    everybody hits :thumbup: THIS is how you want to go into the break.

4 games up in the loss column. 57 wins. now 27-24 against .500 or better teams (since there was concern about this a few weeks ago).

hopefully rube can make a move or two at the deadline.

looking at the rest of the league, i like our chances gentlemen.

GO. PHILS.

Wake me in October...

;)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,435
    Back from busy weekend. House is offline since little Johnny broke the internet. (see what you have to look forward to Kris? :lol: )

We went yesterday and that was a great time, although hot as hell. Ibanez bought himself another month as the starting LF with all his ribeyes and a nice catch yesterday. :roll: Hamels is a beast. There was no good reason for him to pitch the 8th inning yesterday - but it was fun to watch and give him a nice sendoff.

The Howard dropped popup on Saturday was atrocious. I'm yelling "$25 MILLION" afterwards. Uh oh - hope I don't get it started again.

Phillies go into All Star Break with a 7.5 game lead for a playoff spot over the 2nd Wild Card team.

funny cause after Stutes gave up the home run to McCann I yelled "414 thousand for 3 earned runs in an inning, wtf" :D:D
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Back from busy weekend. House is offline since little Johnny broke the internet. (see what you have to look forward to Kris? :lol: )

We went yesterday and that was a great time, although hot as hell. Ibanez bought himself another month as the starting LF with all his ribeyes and a nice catch yesterday. :roll: Hamels is a beast. There was no good reason for him to pitch the 8th inning yesterday - but it was fun to watch and give him a nice sendoff.

The Howard dropped popup on Saturday was atrocious. I'm yelling "$25 MILLION" afterwards. Uh oh - hope I don't get it started again.

Phillies go into All Star Break with a 7.5 game lead for a playoff spot over the 2nd Wild Card team.

howard had a great weekend in the field. dropped two balls that 10 years olds make routine plays on. his defense is so much better though :lol:. someone here even used the word 'flawless' to describe his defense this season :roll:

nice to take 2 of 3. especially sending a message yesterday. olney's blog has the phils with the toughest 2nd half schedule in the NL. still a lot of season left. I don't think they are running away with this division...atlanta is really good too. both teams should be in playoffs

not sure what's worse this week...the weather or not having baseball games to watch
  • dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    Went to the game yesterday, had a blast watching the braves get chopped. Saw a black SUV on 95 with a big PJ sticker on the side :)
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,985
    And, I think the ChiSox will get their shit together.

And speaking of the funny, for some reason I feel a need to go here....

http://www.stoogeum.com/

philly.com take you there? ;)

love the new obama '12 banner ads that are popping up on there now too :roll:

Yes. Yes, it did.

And, yeah, philly.com became absolutely horrendous because they're essentially bankrupt and are looking for revenue streams in every way possible.
    just got a speeding citation in the mail. was going 67 in a 50 (apparently a construction zone. every road is a construction zone thanks to obama's brilliant stimulus package, but that's another topic for another time). anyway, the citation has 3 pics of my car. It's only $40 and I'm guessing it doesn't include points since they can't tell who the driver was.

annoying though. watch your speed if you're on the beltway.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,390
    And, yeah, philly.com became absolutely horrendous because they're essentially bankrupt and are looking for revenue streams in every way possible.

Which are making me avoid that site at all costs. Hard to even find anything worthwhile at this point.

Shame because they have a couple good writers like Murphy (and a lot of bad ones).

Yeah - "Phillies could use a right-handed bat" was a good one. And I could use a million dollars and a villa in Umbria.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:
    just got a speeding citation in the mail. was going 67 in a 50 (apparently a construction zone. every road is a construction zone thanks to obama's brilliant stimulus package, but that's another topic for another time). anyway, the citation has 3 pics of my car. It's only $40 and I'm guessing it doesn't include points since they can't tell who the driver was.

Maryland right? They have speed cameras everywhere. Photo tixx don't have points, they're just revenue raisers for bankrupt governments.

Guy at work here got one of those in DC at the same place two straight years driving home from this actuaries conference. 2nd time was pretty funny. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

Which are making me avoid that site at all costs. Hard to even find anything worthwhile at this point.

Shame because they have a couple good writers like Murphy (and a lot of bad ones).

Yeah - "Phillies could use a right-handed bat" was a good one. And I could use a million dollars and a villa in Umbria.

Yeah, more bad than good. And that's funny, I brought up that Hagen article as well. They're really digging deep aren't they?

Only good thing is when you actually sign into the site you can elect to have the auto-play videos turned off.
    The Fixer wrote:

Maryland right? They have speed cameras everywhere. Photo tixx don't have points, they're just revenue raisers for bankrupt governments.

Guy at work here got one of those in DC at the same place two straight years driving home from this actuaries conference. 2nd time was pretty funny. :lol:

yep, maryland. bastards. I'm in the car every day for work...I am not good at following the speed limit, so something tells me this isn't the first time I will be getting one of these bad boys.

funny guy got nailed twice
    And that's funny, I brought up that Hagen article as well. They're really digging deep aren't they?

Yeah I know you did. He's a reporting genius.

Looks like it'd be good to trade for Beltran just to keep him away from Giants & Braves. This team would be lining up the parade route.

On an unrelated note - Costa Rica or Peru?

costa rica. you lucky bastard.

east troy, WI isn't a bad option either :thumbup:
    The Fixer wrote:

I know, I know. But this might be too good to not do now. Yeah, I'm thinking Costa Rica should be a slam dunk here as well.
    The Fixer wrote:

I know, I know. But this might be too good to not do now. Yeah, I'm thinking Costa Rica should be a slam dunk here as well.

the wife's friends just took a trip to peru. there was talk of outhouses and the like. no thanks, not for this guy
    anyone see the futures game this weekend? cosart is dirty. valle got a big hit for the world team. great to see those young guys doing well
    The Fixer wrote:
    anyone see the futures game this weekend? cosart is dirty. valle got a big hit for the world team. great to see those young guys doing well

When is that thing on? I never have any idea.
    The Fixer wrote:
    the wife's friends just took a trip to peru. there was talk of outhouses and the like. no thanks, not for this guy

My friends went to Peru and raved. But I think if you're looking for resort-style stuff than Costa Rica is probalby better. Peru is a little more adventurous probably. I haven't been to either, so WTF do I know?

The Fixer wrote:

Yeah, did you see Harper's throw from the fence to home on that hit by Valle? He might be a douche, but man does he have the tools.
    JP I just realized you were talking about going to see Pearl Jam in Costa Rica or Peru. :oops: :lol:

The Fixer wrote:

Yeah, did you see Harper's throw from the fence to home on that hit by Valle? He might be a douche, but man does he have the tools.

yeah man, he has a hand cannon. gonna be fun to root against him for the next decade or so. I feel like the phils are missing that enemy type right now.

johnny, game was saturday at 6. and I'm with you, I don't know shit about south america. I couldn't even pick out costa rica on a map
    JP I just realized you were talking about going to see Pearl Jam in Costa Rica or Peru. :oops: :lol:

Ha! Funny stuff. Yeah, a good buddy of mine went to Costa Rica a couple years ago, and said that's definitely the place you wanna go to if you love the tropics and want something cheap. They rented a place off an expat for cheap. I'm looking at places to rent right on the beach for about $75-100 a night. I'm getting more excited about this by the second.

But yeah, anywhere I would want to stay wouldn't be near San Jose - where PJ is playing - so I'm looking at a 2 hour car ride to this show most likely. Which is fine by me.
    contreras out for year
    The Fixer wrote:
    johnny, game was saturday at 6. and I'm with you, I don't know shit about south america. I couldn't even pick out costa rica on a map

I can find Central America on a map, and I know CR is in there somewhere. :lol:

When my friends went to Peru I looked at it on the map and realized it's kind of a big country.

What I've heard of South American bootlegs was really good - crowds are crazy (like Philly).

Just catching up on EV setlists. YL with McCready, Hurt, that guy Hansard has played Astral Weeks at every show except Philly. WTF

The Fixer wrote:

I can find Central America on a map, and I know CR is in there somewhere. :lol:

When my friends went to Peru I looked at it on the map and realized it's kind of a big country.

What I've heard of South American bootlegs was really good - crowds are crazy (like Philly).

Just catching up on EV setlists. YL with McCready, Hurt, that guy Hansard has played Astral Weeks at every show except Philly. WTF

we def got hosed on the EV setlist. some of the sets on this tour have been incredible.
    Doc is starting tomorrow. Pretty cool, even if for selfish reasons we would like him to not pitch at all.

Stupid rule besides the point, it would be better to have home field in the World Series.
    The Fixer wrote:
    contreras out for year

Sounded like this was gonna happen. Is Dog coming back soon?

Yeah, I think I'm gonna do this, dudes(sorry Fixer & Cliff). I just don't think I could pass this up....Actually, I would highly advise you dudes treating yourselves as well...750 for air, 75-100/night for a place on the beach, PJ in paradise....oh lawdy lawd.
    Yeah, I think I'm gonna do this, dudes(sorry Fixer & Cliff). I just don't think I could pass this up....Actually, I would highly advise you dudes treating yourselves as well...750 for air, 75-100/night for a place on the beach, PJ in paradise....oh lawdy lawd.

I'd love to. Kid should be arriving right around time of those shows. So there's a better chance of it snowing here this week than me making those shows.

I'd love to see phils call up aumont or defratus. Let those kids have a shot before they trade for some washed up turd.

Johnny, I think madson is supposed to start rehab this week.
    The Fixer wrote:

I'd love to. Kid should be arriving right around time of those shows. So there's a better chance of it snowing here this week than me making those shows.

I'd love to see phils call up aumont or defratus. Let those kids have a shot before they trade for some washed up turd.

Johnny, I think madson is supposed to start rehab this week.

We will probably have a little fall trip, but Costa Rica ain't gonna happen. When we went to Jazzfest, New Orleans was a blast, and the festival was a blast, and Pearl Jam was in fine form. But the actual process of seeing Pearl Jam there was really not much fun at all.

I just saw Madson could be activated by Friday. I agree with calling someone up. Trading for relievers always backfires (Ugueth Urbina anyone?).

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,584
    everybody hits :thumbup: THIS is how you want to go into the break.

4 games up in the loss column. 57 wins. now 27-24 against .500 or better teams (since there was concern about this a few weeks ago).

hopefully rube can make a move or two at the deadline.

looking at the rest of the league, i like our chances gentlemen.

GO. PHILS.

Wake me in October...

;)

change your avatar. now. :x
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    The Fixer wrote:

howard had a great weekend in the field. dropped two balls that 10 years olds make routine plays on. his defense is so much better though :lol:. someone here even used the word 'flawless' to describe his defense this season :roll:
    (His defense has been ALMOST flawless was the EXACT sentence) The fixer bending what was said :o Couldn't be and yes this series he was bad really bad in the field.
    Go Birds!!!!
This discussion has been closed.