***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,390
    Hey um. Nice win last night.

yeah. kind of a big win. but let's talk about contracts some more though :

We are the foul weather fan thread. Everyone just wants to be miserable. :?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Finially get to watch the game today :D Only thing that sucks about vacation.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,584
    shot in the dark question here but have any of you own home owners had to replace your ac unit ever?

mine is about 16 years old. it's apparently leaking freeon. had a guy come out not too long ago to put more in....3 weeks later, it's on the fritz again.

these fuckers are expensive so if anyone can recommend a good company/particular unit to go through, i would appreciate it. i have no idea, really, how to go about this yet.

i think they're still giving out tax credits for them which is nice.

thanks in advance.
    www.myspace.com

where you at?
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

Just realized that my trip to italy will be during the MLB playoffs. god damnit
    shot in the dark question here but have any of you own home owners had to replace your ac unit ever?

mine is about 16 years old. it's apparently leaking freeon. had a guy come out not too long ago to put more in....3 weeks later, it's on the fritz again.

these fuckers are expensive so if anyone can recommend a good company/particular unit to go through, i would appreciate it. i have no idea, really, how to go about this yet.

thanks in advance.

my buddy's brother does that shit for a living in jersey. not sure if he does PA. where you located? I will shoot him a text. He's always trying to push deals/drive business on FB
    The Fixer wrote:

thanks in advance.

my buddy's brother does that shit for a living in jersey. not sure if he does PA. where you located? I will shoot him a text. He's always trying to push deals/drive business on FB

okay. i'm in collegeville.

thanks
    www.myspace.com
    I'm heading down to the game in a little while. I will try to post something here when I hear back from this dude

Hopefully Lee bounces back today. Braves have hit him pretty hard this season

where you at?
    Been in Oc md,fenwick island,de since last friday. Jeags I did hvac for 12yrs I have some buddies still I could talk to if you'd like. 16yrs is a nice run for a unit to last. Carrier,bryant,train rudd,rheem,York are all good units. If u were to go with a company stay away from action or atlas and there many fake hidden companies. They are the worse and brothers who would rip off anyone.
    Go Birds!!!!

where you at?
    Been in Oc md,fenwick island,de since last friday. Jeags I did hvac for 12yrs I have some buddies still I could talk to if you'd like. 16yrs is a nice run for a unit to last. Carrier,bryant,train rudd,rheem,York are all good units. If u were to go with a company stay away from action or atlas and there many fake hidden companies. They are the worse and brothers who would rip off anyone.

go with this. dude I know doesn't do PA

where you at?

thanks guys...

jammin--gonna pm you. hvac for 12 years? you are just the man i need to talk to :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,985
    I love these articles in philly.com, I really do. This almighty baseball genius Paul Hagen writes a piece and the title is, "Phillies could use a righthanded bat." Really? No shit.

Speaking of which, now with how hampered Victorino AND Polanco is, I don't see how Cuddyer isn't your man. Not because he can play center field, of course, but seriously, the dude can play third, second, and the corner OF spots. I think it's a no-brainer, and he just plays flat-out hard. An Utley-type sorta. Plus, I think he's a Type-A isn't he? So even if you let him go at the end of the season you're getting picks back.

Ironic thing is, Atlanta needs almost the same kind of help, so I could really see him ending up there as well.
    I love these articles in philly.com, I really do. This almighty baseball genius Paul Hagen writes a piece and the title is, "Phillies could use a righthanded bat." Really? No shit.

Speaking of which, now with how hampered Victorino AND Polanco is, I don't see how Cuddyer isn't your man. Not because he can play center field, of course, but seriously, the dude can play third, second, and the corner OF spots. I think it's a no-brainer, and he just plays flat-out hard. An Utley-type sorta. Plus, I think he's a Type-A isn't he? So even if you let him go at the end of the season you're getting picks back.

Ironic thing is, Atlanta needs almost the same kind of help, so I could really see him ending up there as well.

i like cuddyer.

yeah these two teams are really similiar. gotta hope the indians and tigers can keep winning over the next few weeks. twins are still 8 back despite winning 7 of their last 10.
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,985
    And, I think the ChiSox will get their shit together.

And speaking of the funny, for some reason I feel a need to go here....

http://www.stoogeum.com/

philly.com take you there? ;)

love the new obama '12 banner ads that are popping up on there now too :roll:
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730

philly.com is the worst site ever. Fucking brutal, pop ups and auto play shit everywhere.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

philly.com is the worst site ever. Fucking brutal, pop ups and auto play shit everywhere.

something changed about 5 years ago with that site. it used to be real easy to read. not a lot of nonsense going on. now in addition to all the pop ups and noise they seem to feature those "bleacher report" blogs moreso than their actual writers (what's left of them). that makes no sense to me. :?

still check it every day, multiple times, for obvious reasons. just is unbelievably annoying now.
    www.myspace.com
    from espn insider:

Philadelphia Phillies -- Left Field (-11 Runs Saved)

Phillies fans have been quick to call for an upgrade over rookie rightfielder Domonic Brown after a slow start at the plate; many conclude from the bumpy beginning to his MLB career that his minor league development was unnecessarily rushed (though he spent a similar amount of time in the upper levels of the minors as Evan Longoria, and with equal or better production). However, leftfielder Raul Ibanez has been a bigger detriment, struggling just as much at the plate and even worse in the field.

The Phillies could use a right-handed or switch-hitting corner outfielder who improves the team defensively, and they might not have to leave the division to find one. Switch-hitting Carlos Beltran has excelled in the move from centerfield to right (10 Runs Saved so far this year) and has rebounded nicely at the plate. Further, Beltran's contract stipulates that he cannot be offered arbitration when he hits free agency this offseason, so the Mets don't have to worry about Beltran sticking around past 2011 and coming back to haunt them. Though inter-divisional trades are rare, this one might actually make sense for both sides.
    www.myspace.com
    No prob jeags,and Ryan Howard non catch fucking killed us. He needs to make that play but if are off was awake that would have never happen.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com

i love the national league.
    www.myspace.com
    lowe's over 70 pitches through 3.....looking good so far
    www.myspace.com
    this trivia question banter with wheels and sarge is actually pretty funny
    www.myspace.com
    intentional walk to howard yet again....stop the presses. :roll:

atta way raul!!
    www.myspace.com
    nice to see dom hitting the ball so well these past couple weeks.

will be huge if he takes a big step forward in the 2nd half...
    www.myspace.com
    everybody hits :thumbup: THIS is how you want to go into the break.

4 games up in the loss column. 57 wins. now 27-24 against .500 or better teams (since there was concern about this a few weeks ago).

hopefully rube can make a move or two at the deadline.

looking at the rest of the league, i like our chances gentlemen.

GO. PHILS.
    www.myspace.com
    everybody hits :thumbup: THIS is how you want to go into the break.

4 games up in the loss column. 57 wins. now 27-24 against .500 or better teams (since there was concern about this a few weeks ago).

hopefully rube can make a move or two at the deadline.

looking at the rest of the league, i like our chances gentlemen.

GO. PHILS.
    This team sucks we can't hit are 1st basemen blows oh wait that's someone else. 1st place and time to get healthy this team will be nasty!!!!!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    braves are better than i thought and they didn't have their best 2 pitchers go this past series? i don't know..i'am asking
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    braves are better than i thought and they didn't have their best 2 pitchers go this past series? i don't know..i'am asking

correct. they were also without chipper jones. phils were without all-stars victorino and polanco.

braves are good. similar strengths and weaknesses as YOUR philadelphia phillies.
    www.myspace.com
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,390
    Back from busy weekend. House is offline since little Johnny broke the internet. (see what you have to look forward to Kris? :lol: )

We went yesterday and that was a great time, although hot as hell. Ibanez bought himself another month as the starting LF with all his ribeyes and a nice catch yesterday. :roll: Hamels is a beast. There was no good reason for him to pitch the 8th inning yesterday - but it was fun to watch and give him a nice sendoff.

The Howard dropped popup on Saturday was atrocious. I'm yelling "$25 MILLION" afterwards. Uh oh - hope I don't get it started again.

Phillies go into All Star Break with a 7.5 game lead for a playoff spot over the 2nd Wild Card team.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
This discussion has been closed.