***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,435
    5.5 game lead in division in mid june. given all our offensive struggles this year, that is phenomenal.

agree and very nice to see. nice little breathing room in case the inevitable interleague meltdown happens.

does charlie DH Chase this weekend or mix and match? haven't seen the pitching matchups so not sure what we are facing. late friday and saturday night games kind of suck anyways.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cur Schilling is a homo

That's what Larry Anderson told me. The bloody sock was fake too.

Great pitcher, huge douche.
    I think an underrated story of 2011 is that Cliff Lee is a completely different pitcher than we saw here in 2009 or even last year. He has become a power, strikeout pitcher with nasty stuff. I think some of the struggles he's had have to do with him adjusting to whatever is coming from his arm.

I don't agree with this. He's not throwing as hard as he has in the past. His K's are up, but I think that is attributed to more time in the NL than he's had since he was traded by montreal. I expect his K levels to come down to earth at some point. He's still more of a control guy than strikeout guy in my opinion (or a hybrid of the two I guess...I just wouldn't call him a power pitcher).

I missed the game today, but I see he only had 4 K's. K's are always good, but as long as he's getting people out it doesn't matter. He's been inconsistent this year, so hopefully there are more performances like today coming (lower K totals usually mean lower pitch counts, which means less of the bullpen, which is really good for this team).

Love the late games the next 2 nights with Pineda and King Felix going. and I wish every sunday game started at 4.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,602
    The Fixer wrote:
    I think an underrated story of 2011 is that Cliff Lee is a completely different pitcher than we saw here in 2009 or even last year. He has become a power, strikeout pitcher with nasty stuff. I think some of the struggles he's had have to do with him adjusting to whatever is coming from his arm.

I don't agree with this. He's not throwing as hard as he has in the past. His K's are up, but I think that is attributed to more time in the NL than he's had since he was traded by montreal. I expect his K levels to come down to earth at some point. He's still more of a control guy than strikeout guy in my opinion (or a hybrid of the two I guess...I just wouldn't call him a power pitcher).

I missed the game today, but I see he only had 4 K's. K's are always good, but as long as he's getting people out it doesn't matter. He's been inconsistent this year, so hopefully there are more performances like today coming (lower K totals usually mean lower pitch counts, which means less of the bullpen, which is really good for this team).

Love the late games the next 2 nights with Pineda and King Felix going. and I wish every sunday game started at 4.

totally agree about the late sunday game. i usually end up listening to most of those 1pm games since i'm out running around during the day. 4pm on sunday is perfect.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

totally agree about the late sunday game. i usually end up listening to most of those 1pm games since i'm out running around during the day. 4pm on sunday is perfect.

yeah, 4:00 start gives you plenty of time to get shit done during the day. Then fire up the grill and have a few beers during the game. Perfect.

I know what I'm doing on sunday :D
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah, 4:00 start gives you plenty of time to get shit done during the day. Then fire up the grill and have a few beers during the game. Perfect.

I know what I'm doing on sunday :D

saturday should be a good time at the juggler's abode. we're having my family over for a lil bbq...followed by me and my brothers and a couple friends throwing back some pops at my place or a local watering hole for the 10pm phils game. :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com

saturday should be a good time at the juggler's abode. we're having my family over for a lil bbq...followed by me and my brothers and a couple friends throwing back some pops at my place or a local watering hole for the 10pm phils game. :thumbup:

Nice. Sounds fun.

The Fixer sold his EV tix for the Hartford show. My summer tour is taking me to NYC tomorrow to hang with a buddy from college. He just broke up with his gf of 3.5 years, so I'm sure it's gonna get ugly.

Just bought tix for the philly show next week. Looked in my order history on one of those bad sites and saw game 7 NLCS tix in there. Not good times...totally forgot about that attempted purchase.
    The Fixer wrote:

Nice. Sounds fun.

The Fixer sold his EV tix for the Hartford show. My summer tour is taking me to NYC tomorrow to hang with a buddy from college. He just broke up with his gf of 3.5 years, so I'm sure it's gonna get ugly.

Just bought tix for the philly show next week. Looked in my order history on one of those bad sites and saw game 7 NLCS tix in there. Not good times...totally forgot about that attempted purchase.

stubhub?

i'm still on the fence about going. i got roped into an outer banks trip with the wife and her entire family and we leave on the 25th...however i can skip a day if i end up going to this thing. did the prices drop at all yet?
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

Nice. Sounds fun.

stubhub?

i'm still on the fence about going. i got roped into an outer banks trip with the wife and her entire family and we leave on the 25th...however i can skip a day if i end up going to this thing. did the prices drop at all yet?

yeah. prices haven't really moved much. I got orch row J for $140. More than I wanted to spend, but I had been watching and prices weren't dropping like I expected. A week ago there were 220 tix listed for sale and now there are 34. Only one philly show + saturday night = ridiculous prices. Will be the only show I see this time around, so I figured what the hell. Hopefully he forgets he has a new album out when he creates the setlist
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    The Fixer wrote:

Nice. Sounds fun.

stubhub?

I'm skipping this tour as well

I have my work Phillies game the 25th that i organize..like 40 of us

It's a tailgate to remember
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,731
    The Fixer wrote:

Nice. Sounds fun.

stubhub?

Where you going in the Outer Banks? My Mom is down there now and we just got a pretty sweet place for a week this summer.
    defratus and aumont promoted to AAA

good shit
    The Fixer wrote:

good shit

i follow Murphy on twitter (High Cheese)

He said this dude Defratus could be even better than Stutes

The Fixer wrote:

good shit

Yeah, both of them are higher rated prospects than stutes was. aumont is an ogre...like 6'7
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

good shit

Yeah, both of them are higher rated prospects than stutes was. aumont is an ogre...like 6'7

Both relievers ?

JC looks to be gone..thankfully

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,400
    The Fixer wrote:

Nice. Sounds fun.

Are people still going to the Waterford? Apparently there's some private function there that night.

Watching Game 5 of the 1980 Series on CSN. Royals closer Dan Quisenberry came in in the 7th inning.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Nice. Sounds fun.

stubhub?

Where you going in the Outer Banks? My Mom is down there now and we just got a pretty sweet place for a week this summer.

corrolla. i've never been down there before. her family got this huge place with a pool right off the beach. should be nice. i've heard there isn't much to do down there though. i'd much rather go to the shore up here.

do you go to obx a lot?
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

Nice. Sounds fun.

Are people still going to the Waterford? Apparently there's some private function there that night.

Watching Game 5 of the 1980 Series on CSN. Royals closer Dan Quisenberry came in in the 7th inning.

yeah...didn't tug come into the game in the 7th too?
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

Both relievers ?

JC looks to be gone..thankfully

Yep. Aumont is one of the guys they got in the initial lee trade (that never should have happened)

I think romero will unfortunately be back. Worley called up to start on saturday because of the doubleheader this week. I think Romero is back on Sunday

Well, since last time EV was in town the Waterford had 1 bartender for 500 people...then ran out of beer, I'm gonna avoid that place like the plague. JP mentioned another bar near the Tower (forget the name).
    corrolla. i've never been down there before. her family got this huge place with a pool right off the beach. should be nice. i've heard there isn't much to do down there though. i'd much rather go to the shore up here.

do you go to obx a lot?

Corrolla is awesome Jaegs if all you want to do is relax and have some beers. Unlike NJ you can pretty much do anything on the beach including drink out in the open (some places say no bottles but i've never been hassled there about having open bottles). as long as you clean up and don't act out no one will bother you. most people you see have are having some as well. and you have lots more room on the beaches since there are way fewer houses in the area. lots of room to spread out and play wiffle ball or volleyball if you desire as well.

negatives are lifeguards are few and far between if you are going with children. not a ton of restaurants in the area so you have to take a ride south for that which can be a huge hassle because it's only one lane up corrolla way. and if you are going in on a weekend don't get too frustrated when you reach the obx and it still takes about an hour to get up to corolla - that one road in sucks on weekends.

all-in-all it's a great place to relax with your family and do nothing though. i highly recommended and have never met a person who didn't like it down there.
    The Phillies are rolling, sweeping the Marlins on Wednesday. They continue to actively search for a right-handed hitting outfielder, sources say. GM Ruben Amaro has said publicly the team will make no significant moves; the Phillies are making inquiries on established and pricey veterans.
    pjhawks wrote:

do you go to obx a lot?

Corrolla is awesome Jaegs if all you want to do is relax and have some beers. Unlike NJ you can pretty much do anything on the beach including drink out in the open (some places say no bottles but i've never been hassled there about having open bottles). as long as you clean up and don't act out no one will bother you. most people you see have are having some as well. and you have lots more room on the beaches since there are way fewer houses in the area. lots of room to spread out and play wiffle ball or volleyball if you desire as well.

negatives are lifeguards are few and far between if you are going with children. not a ton of restaurants in the area so you have to take a ride south for that which can be a huge hassle because it's only one lane up corrolla way. and if you are going in on a weekend don't get too frustrated when you reach the obx and it still takes about an hour to get up to corolla - that one road in sucks on weekends.

all-in-all it's a great place to relax with your family and do nothing though. i highly recommended and have never met a person who didn't like it down there.

wow. well this is good to hear.

i'm such a creature of habit though. took me a while to accpet we were going there and not down to our regular shore (ended up getting a place down in sea isle at the end of the summer though)

we're going with like 20 members of her family so i'm a little concerend about how relaxing this will actually be. should be fun.

any recommendations on places on the back bays to take a kayak out?
    www.myspace.com
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    You guys saw this right? The girl at the Phillies game the other night?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFeEiv25a2I&feature=player_embedded
    :shock:
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925

In my opinion that's why the phils games aren't as fun to go to as they were when the park opened. The team is much better, but the crowds are much worse. Half the people that go aren't even there to watch the game. It's just a big party. I like to have a few beers as much as anyone, but some of these kids in the parking lots and in the games are just out of control.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but I don't have as much fun down there as I used to. It's been downhill ever since '08
    wow. well this is good to hear.

i'm such a creature of habit though. took me a while to accpet we were going there and not down to our regular shore (ended up getting a place down in sea isle at the end of the summer though)

we're going with like 20 members of her family so i'm a little concerend about how relaxing this will actually be. should be fun.

any recommendations on places on the back bays to take a kayak out?

never went kayaking but did Parasailing last year - i think it was called Corolla Watersports or something like that. it was located in the Timbuk II shopping area. they also have jet ski rentals and probably kayaks there too. there is also a place in Duck for that stuff. you will see a bunch of those places around though so shouldn't be hard to find.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,400
    The Fixer wrote:

In my opinion that's why the phils games aren't as fun to go to as they were when the park opened. The team is much better, but the crowds are much worse. Half the people that go aren't even there to watch the game. It's just a big party. I like to have a few beers as much as anyone, but some of these kids in the parking lots and in the games are just out of control.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but I don't have as much fun down there as I used to. It's been downhill ever since '08

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

Ha, you're right. I love all the people who sit in their seats for 2 innings and drink at McFadden's the rest of the game. Hey doofus - you DON'T NEED A TICKET to drink at McFadden's. :roll:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

Ha, you're right. I love all the people who sit in their seats for 2 innings and drink at McFadden's the rest of the game. Hey doofus - you DON'T NEED A TICKET to drink at McFadden's. :roll:

how about the dopes who won't stop waving to the camera every time they're in the background when the camera zooms in on the batter? fraudulent behaviour. ushers should kick them out...and then spit on them.
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,988

HA! Now that's fuckin' funny.

Yeah, I hear people are talking about bars for the EV show. And the bar I was talking about is Cawley's, about a mile up from the Tower on West Chester Pike. Solid place. I don't know yet what I'm gonna do, whether to go to a packed Waterford or go to a dive UD bar with a bunch of Irish immigrants.
    jp --that appalachian brew pub is pretty decent if you get the chance to check it out. food's not bad. and i like their beers.
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.