***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• FUCKITY FUCKITY FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKITY!!!!!!!!!!!
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    no reason to hang your head at all....
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    /thread
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,965
    jimed14 wrote:
    /thread

I guess this is experienced forum nerd talk for "end thread" I'm assuming?

Anyway, good run boys. This core will be around for a couple more years. Can't wait for February..
  • hell of a defense boys. Lock up lee and help the bullpen and bench and we'll be marching down broad street again real soon.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,204
    Congrats to the Phillies for a great season and Charlie Manuel nothing but class from him ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    jimed14 wrote:
    /thread

I guess this is experienced forum nerd talk for "end thread" I'm assuming?

Anyway, good run boys. This core will be around for a couple more years. Can't wait for February..

no just a sox fan bitter his thread /'d like 3 weeks ago :lol:

we got a great team here. a little tweak in the roation here....a tweak in the bullpen there...adding anyone who can play the game off the bench there (as bad as charlie, cole, lidge, and howard was--all you gotta look at was the dh. matseu vs fucking ben franscisco....have i mentioned i HATE the stupid dh?) and we will be walking down broad this time next.

hats off to the yanks though. they're a pretty damn good team.
    www.myspace.com
  • Great season

We definitely need to dump some dead weight and get another starter and some bullpen help

I'm heading down to Spring Training in 2011 hopefully after we are the 2010 WS CHAMPS !!!
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,425
    disappointing to lose but a great run from a team with no bench and a lousy bullpen. no reason we can't be back with all 8 starters and lee back. Hopefully a return to form for Hamels and Lidge next year and this team is right there again. Clearly still the class of the NL - enjoy the run with this team.
    pjhawks wrote:
    disappointing to lose but a great run from a team with no bench and a lousy bullpen. no reason we can't be back with all 8 starters and lee back. Hopefully a return to form for Hamels and Lidge next year and this team is right there again. Clearly still the class of the NL - enjoy the run with this team.

...what this guy said :arrow: :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Hats Off to The entire Phillies team and Charlie Manuel.

You guys are the most formidable of opponents,
    you took us to the limit ( well, almost --at least till 6 )
    we didnt want any part of you guys in a game 7 , thats for sure .

This was one of the best World Series in recent memory.
    Thge fact that Pearl Jam was right next door at one point that just highlitened the entire ordeal.

Thanks Phillies for a fantastic World Series.

I have no doubt we will be seeing more of you guys further on up the road.
    ( i'll go out on a limb here and say without Pedro )

Kudos Phillies, rock on ! .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • what was the deal w/Hammels and Meyers?
  • what was the deal w/Hammels and Meyers?

Hammels told Meyers that he should switch to Comcast and Meyers took exception to that.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    It would have been nice had the team showed up last night, but it appears they left their hearts in Philadelphia

Congrats to the Yanks (although I still hate them)

Can't wait for Spring Training!!!! :D
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    A few timely hits and this would have been a different series.... great season nonetheless
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
    chromiam wrote:
    A few timely hits and this would have been a different series.... great season nonetheless

yep, the Phils could have taken two of those games and we would still be the champs
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,779
    It would have been nice had the team showed up last night, but it appears they left their hearts in Philadelphia

Hating the Yankees is soooooooo cliche

Most hated teams in America are....Yanks, Cowboys,Lakers,Celtics,Steelers,Red Wings

What do they all have in common, hmmmm?????

After the Yanks won last night, as far as I can see most Yank fans tipped their caps to you guys here and showed respect.Even though it could have gone the other way with all the obnoxious BS talk goin on around here leading up and during the series. I wonder how it would have went down if the roles were reversed?

I said last night that you guys have a strong core and SHOULD(nothing guaranteed) coast thru the crappy NL, and be back.The team(minus Rollins, and Pedro) with their manager are class acts. After being in Philly over the weekend(Subway and Spectrum shows, and around Centre City) I cant say I feel bad for their fans, if you can call them that.Reminds me of Hooliganism in England with Soccer

So Hate away everyone....we'll keep doin what we do. DEAL WITH IT
    CROJAM95 wrote:

Most hated teams in America are....Yanks, Cowboys,Lakers,Celtics,Steelers,Red Wings

After the Yanks won last night, as far as I can see most Yank fans tipped their caps to you guys here and showed respect.Even though it could have gone the other way with all the obnoxious BS talk goin on around here leading up and during the series. I wonder how it would have went down if the roles were reversed?

I said last night that you guys have a strong core and SHOULD(nothing guaranteed) coast thru the crappy NL, and be back.The team(minus Rollins, and Pedro) with their manager are class acts. After being in Philly over the weekend(Subway and Spectrum shows, and around Centre City) I cant say I feel bad for their fans, if you can call them that.Reminds me of Hooliganism in England with Soccer

Take it easy, buddy. Like I've done, I acknowledge you guys, but that's it. Now enjoy it. You wanna come here and start a shit storm by all means go ahead, let's do it. Otherwise, they/we can say we hate you guys but respect your play. Leave your pretentious condescending elitist attitude out of it.

And there's nothing distasteful about Rollins - so the man has confidence in his team and played it up on television, so what? And Pedro - remember, YOUR media LIVES for this guy's mouth.
    CROJAM95 wrote:

Take it easy, buddy. Like I've done, I acknowledge you guys, but that's it. Now enjoy it. You wanna come here and start a shit storm by all means go ahead, let's do it. Otherwise, they/we can say we hate you guys but respect your play. Leave your pretentious condescending elitist attitude out of it.

And there's nothing distasteful about Rollins - so the man has confidence in his team and played it up on television, so what? And Pedro - remember, YOUR media LIVES for this guy's mouth.

Elitist?? more cliche stuff. Im an x's and o's guy. I didnt talk smack before(cause I knew it would be a battle) and that last post was not meant to incite anything. Sometimes you have to say enough is enough. Did you read my post? Prior to this year the Yanks/Phils had little history together, and like I said its a real uneducated thing to say that you hate the Yankees. Most hate cause the whole buying the WS BULLSHIT. More teams should pay Luxury Tax and take a chance for a winner.Its all good, I'm not gloating...Though I'm happy to be Champs again.
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:

Elitist?? more cliche stuff. Im an x's and o's guy. I didnt talk smack before(cause I knew it would be a battle) and that last post was not meant to incite anything. Sometimes you have to say enough is enough. Did you read my post? Prior to this year the Yanks/Phils had little history together, and like I said its a real uneducated thing to say that you hate the Yankees. Most hate cause the whole buying the WS BULLSHIT. More teams should pay Luxury Tax and take a chance for a winner.Its all good, I'm not gloating...Though I'm happy to be Champs again.

Again, I refer to both statements in bold to conincide each other. No, you're right, all New Yorkers are good citizens and don't act like trash ever. I mean it, they never do. :roll: I mean, Bald Vinny and the rest of that trash that sits in the bleachers are fucking choir boys.

Once again, two different things coming out of your mouth. Quit worrying about what we have to say here and go enjoy this thing instead of throwing back handed compliments and last minute retorted jabs. No, wait, go ahead....
    CROJAM95 wrote:

right, I acknowledge their accomplishment

and my hating the Yankees has nothing to do with them beating the Phils, I was raised a Red Sox fan, it's in my blood to hate the Yankees
    I was at Game1 and saw bad behavior, yes.It happens here absolutely!! I dont know if it was you, but alot of your fellow fans had this in the bag.And Rollins looking like a fool after the game, and then I hear people here also talkin trash about my team...it reaches a boiling point. I even defended your city a few days ago when some said you guys were bandwagon jumpers, I said that our stadium was have empty in late 80's early 90's

I'm not an idiot drunken fan, who says there team is the best just cause I like them. Goin into this series, I expected 7 games. Was surprised we won in 6.
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    I was at Game1 and saw bad behavior, yes.It happens here absolutely!! I dont know if it was you, but alot of your fellow fans had this in the bag.And Rollins looking like a fool after the game, and then I hear people here also talkin trash about my team...it reaches a boiling point. I even defended your city a few days ago when some said you guys were bandwagon jumpers, I said that our stadium was have empty in late 80's early 90's

I'm not an idiot drunken fan, who says there team is the best just cause I like them. Goin into this series, I expected 7 games. Was surprised we won in 6.

Then let's all simma.
    CROJAM95 wrote:

Then let's all simma.

Till next year ;)
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    CROJAM95 wrote:

you left NYRs off that hate list..

:)
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:

you left NYRs off that hate list..

:)

I think that's the other way around. Flyers fans hate the Devils more than the Rangers. I think Rangers fans hate Flyers fan more than the other way around - then again, Flyers fans are nuts and hate anyone in the Atlantic Division.

Plus, I don't think the Rangers have won enough to warrant that kind of hate.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    most of the philly, boston, new york fans around this forum are stand up ppl and are capable of detaching themselves from their love of their team and really analyze the sport as a whole. and more importantly be fair towards both teams involved, and give credit where credit is due.

but fuck, outside of this forum... 90% of philly fans were already dubbing their team a dynasty after they were going to steam roll the yankees. sorry folks.
    most of the philly, boston, new york fans around this forum are stand up ppl and are capable of detaching themselves from their love of their team and really analyze the sport as a whole. and more importantly be fair towards both teams involved, and give credit where credit is due.

but fuck, outside of this forum... 90% of philly fans were already dubbing their team a dynasty after they were going to steam roll the yankees. sorry folks.

Who knows.....lotta years left in this core....we'll see what happens then...

we have a great team. saying they had or still have a shot at becoming a dynasty is really not that far off base...if you actually follow the game and know what you are talking about. we got a solid 2 more years with this core and a stocked farm system. years from now we will look back on this era as the golden era of phillie baseball. you can't win the whole thing every year. we'll be back. not a doubt in my mind....that's probably why this loss doesn't hurt as much as the others did. we'll be even better next year wth some minor tweaks here and there. GO PHILS! :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063

we have a great team. saying they had or still have a shot at becoming a dynasty is really not that far off base...if you actually follow the game and know what you are talking about. we got a solid 2 more years with this core and a stocked farm system. years from now we will look back on this era as the golden era of phillie baseball. you can't win the whole thing every year. we'll be back. not a doubt in my mind....that's probably why this loss doesn't hurt as much as the others did. we'll be even better next year wth some minor tweaks here and there. GO PHILS! :mrgreen:

Mr. Baseball, you need to change your sig ;) ..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
This discussion has been closed.