***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• ItsOK921ItsOK921 Posts: 169
    I looked on youtube and cant find the video from last night for Wishlist anywhere!!! WTF that was so awesome! Raaaaaaauuul! :mrgreen:

GO PHILS!!!!!!!
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    Took the lead, now let's take their hearts! :o

Who's your Daddy? clap clap clap clap clap

Thanks Katie for the updates last night

This is too much fun :lol:
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,425
    pjhawks wrote:
    no one mentioned 'Got Some' video clips as Fox closed out their coverage last night? Was great seeing clips and hearing it celebrating game 1 win.

Cliff Lee is the man -wow what a performance.

really? i must've switched to mlb or comcast by that point. i was wondering why we didnt get any pj throughout the telecast

yes i was switching back and forth with comcast and wanted to see if Fox 29 news had started and their sign off was Got Some and not just the words - interspersed with highlights was the band playing the song - made me even happier than just winning game 1.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    no one mentioned 'Got Some' video clips as Fox closed out their coverage last night? Was great seeing clips and hearing it celebrating game 1 win.

Cliff Lee is the man -wow what a performance.

really? i must've switched to mlb or comcast by that point. i was wondering why we didnt get any pj throughout the telecast

yes i was switching back and forth with comcast and wanted to see if Fox 29 news had started and their sign off was Got Some and not just the words - interspersed with highlights was the band playing the song - made me even happier than just winning game 1.

the band playing the song? like live footage of it?
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,425
    really? i must've switched to mlb or comcast by that point. i was wondering why we didnt get any pj throughout the telecast[/quote]

yes i was switching back and forth with comcast and wanted to see if Fox 29 news had started and their sign off was Got Some and not just the words - interspersed with highlights was the band playing the song - made me even happier than just winning game 1.[/quote]

the band playing the song? like live footage of it?[/quote]

yes was the band playing in their studio rehearsal space, like it came from the promo video (was Got Some on the promo video?) interspersed with highlights from the game. after game 1.

did not do that for game 2 that i noticed.
    LETS GO COLE!
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,785
    This time last year I was at the parade. Go Phills!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,965
    Was it over when the Nazi's bombed Pearl Harbor?!!? Bite their fucking ankles!
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813

dont know about the Nazis bombing Pearl Harbor
    ( i thought it was the Japanese )
    but its looking pretty grim for your Phillies.

Oh and after we win it all, you guys may want to take a lesson on how to win with class , ...
    we'll have a tickertape parade,

you wont be seeing any of this kinda stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMNbIGeh2vQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvfvFJtl ... re=related
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Bathgate66 wrote:

dont know about the Nazis bombing Pearl Harbor
    ( i thought it was the Japanese )
    but its looking pretty grim for your Phillies.

Oh and after we win it all, you guys may want to take a lesson on how to win with class , ...
    we'll have a tickertape parade,

you wont be seeing any of this kinda stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMNbIGeh2vQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvfvFJtl ... re=related

I get, I get it. You're a bunch of snobby, pretentious, condescending class of city. We get it. And what you don't get are Animal House references. Please, sir, tell me more how you are purposely born in God's City, how you're genetically a better person for it, and that everything is automatically given to you for being such a superior society. Please let me know - I NEED to know. And they say Philly has an inferiority complex all due upon themselves... :roll: If it goes back to Bronx, don't forget your "USA USA!" chants to sprinkle in there.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    a few days later, i have to ask:

was in philly thursday AM... went to a CVS and was flipping through a newspaper by the entrance, and front page, in bold headlines......... Yankees Win, Avert Phillies Sweep

seriously? talks about a sweep after going up 1-0. what's going on there?

was in philly thursday AM... went to a CVS and was flipping through a newspaper by the entrance, and front page, in bold headlines......... Yankees Win, Avert Phillies Sweep

Who knows....could've been tongue-in-cheek, and probably depends on which paper it was.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    Chase-fucking-Utley! :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

sweep in ny. the yanks were going for a sweep in philly tonight...it did NOT happen
    www.myspace.com
    2 MORE WINS AND HISTORY IS MADE

NEVER COUNT THE DEFENDING WORLD CHAMPIONS OUT

.....how did charlie NOT take lee out with a double switch in the 8th like he's done every other game? victorino made it to that point, he woud have been fine. ibanez should not have been out there at that point. plus the pitcher was up 2nd the next inning.

i like saturday parades... :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • 2 MORE WINS AND HISTORY IS MADE

.....how did charlie NOT take lee out with a double switch in the 8th like he's done every other game? victorino made it to that point, he woud have been fine. ibanez should not have been out there at that point. plus the pitcher was up 2nd the next inning.

I need a fuckin Xanax with this team !

I couldn't agree more with you on the double switch we need defense late in the game

Easy grab for Francisco on that..Oh well we're still ALIVE !!
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • EvolverEvolver Posts: 525

First off, I am pulling for the Phils 100% - I'm a Red Sox fan recently moved from CT, 'nuff said. But I'm wondering, IF the Phils lose, how bad do you guys thing the riots will be in the city that night? I mean lets face it, if the fans were climbing light poles and jumping on cars for an NLCS win (I mean the NLCS, are you serious??), you gotta know that it wouldn't be pretty if NY knocked 'em out in the next few nights.
  • Fuck Mr.October !

We got Mr. November !!!

:lol:;) :P

Utley.jpg

• Evolver wrote:

First off, I am pulling for the Phils 100% - I'm a Red Sox fan recently moved from CT, 'nuff said. But I'm wondering, IF the Phils lose, how bad do you guys thing the riots will be in the city that night? I mean lets face it, if the fans were climbing light poles and jumping on cars for an NLCS win (I mean the NLCS, are you serious??), you gotta know that it wouldn't be pretty if NY knocked 'em out in the next few nights.

Not as bad as if they win the WS !

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :clap: :wave:

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,790
    Fuck Mr.October !

We got Mr. November !!!

Utley.jpg

we already have those 2 months and May.
    I miss igotid88

Not as bad as if they win the WS !

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :clap: :wave:[/quote]

Yeah I know that, but I'm just sayin', if all those idiots were out there going nuts for an NLCS win, I'm REALLY thinking they wouldn't take it well if the Phils lost. But hey, I'm not gonna worry about it - I'm just fine with sitting back in my Mont. Co. apt watchin Philly burn to the ground in HD. Hopefully though the destruction would be limited to all the shitty row homes that need to be leveled anyways. Of course, that is most of Philly... :shifty: :roll:
    Fuck Mr.October !

We got Mr. November !!!

Utley.jpg

Hey thats why I brought up the MVP thing in my other thread...I mean theres a very good chance (though I hope its not the case) that the hands down best player of the Series will be on the losing team and, for reasons that I have yet to see legitimized, will likely not win the series MVP...just because he'd be on the losing team. Makes no sense to me because, during the regular season the league MVP doesnt have to come from the best team with the most wins, but the WS MVP does?
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,790
    Evolver wrote:
    Fuck Mr.October !

We got Mr. November !!!

Utley.jpg

Hey thats why I brought up the MVP thing in my other thread...I mean theres a very good chance (though I hope its not the case) that the hands down best player of the Series will be on the losing team and, for reasons that I have yet to see legitimized, will likely not win the series MVP...just because he'd be on the losing team. Makes no sense to me because, during the regular season the league MVP doesnt have to come from the best team with the most wins, but the WS MVP does?

Alex has been good as well.
    I miss igotid88
    Evolver wrote:

Stop saying stupid things. We don't need your help in that department.

...Was at the game tonight...fucking electric...
    www.myspace.com
    Evolver wrote:

another guy who starts talking about the world series 5 games in :roll:

where were your seats? were the "you did steroid" chants as strong for a fraud as they were for manny?
    www.myspace.com
    Evolver wrote:

another guy who starts talking about the world series 5 games in :roll:

where were your seats? were the "you did steroid" chants as strong for a fraud as they were for manny?

Yeah, but I thought the straight up "STE-ROIDS...STE-ROIDS" worked better. I tried my hardest to get a "TRANNY TRANNY TRANNY" chant that I think would've hit a little more at home. And the "AAAAAYYYYJAAAAAYYY AAAAYYY JAAAAYYYY" chants were pretty good too. The place was relentless, and that's exactly HOW IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN FOR THE FIRST TWO GAMES.
    T-minus 6 hours and 49 minutes until I start gnawing away at my finger nails and getting entirely inebriated.

Here's to hoping for a win tonight, and a postponement due to rain tomorrow night. Hoping for Lee/Sabathia in Friday night prime time.
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    Go Phils!!
    confidence levels are high...
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.