***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    i love how yankee fans like to say the nl is inferior and the rockies and dodgers are not decent competition. they played a team in the first round that won, what? 87 games? :lol: and it took them an extra game to win that many. then this angels team just seems overrated to me. blowing leads left and right. although, as i type this vlad just got a big rbi single. stil, bobby fucking abreu is batting 3rd for them. come on! when's the last time he's had a big hit after the 7th inning?!?! has he hit a homerun since the 05 home run derby? :lol: . no heart. never had one.

regarding cc being abused last year. yeah, he obviously pitched a shitload of innings down the stretch. but you know what? he was dominant in all those performances until he came across the world champions line up and the world champions fans....and bret myers :lol::lol: . yeah, he was tired. that's why a fucking pitcher caused him to throw 11 pitches to him :roll: . the fans got into his head. and our line up beat the bejesus out of him......with that said, he will be a lot tougher pitching in his own park.

gonna be a great series. i think the key is with hamels and burnett. two dudes who have struggled.

DEFEND BROAD STREET!
    www.myspace.com
  • Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,331
    I hope they tap dance all over the Yankees if they play they. This coming from a Red Sox fan.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    This reminded me of the Will Farrell character in WEDDING CRASHERS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOQJN8Fr ... r_embedded

:clap: :wtf:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    hey metsfan....i think you were the one who objected to me saying the phils were trying to make history by winning another title this year and becoming one of the best teams of the last 30+ years.

um, yeah...if you still disagree with that, i implore to check out the front page of today's USA Today. :lol:

GO CHAMPS!
    www.myspace.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    NO ONE brings it like The Jeagler!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    NO ONE brings it like The Jeagler!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

DON'T YOU EVER FORGET IT
    www.myspace.com
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,790
    See you Wednesday.
    I miss igotid88
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,965
    igotid88 wrote:
    See you Wednesday.

Get this over with already, alright?
    here's to hoping the angels force game 7 and no cc until game 3......GO ANGELS!
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    here's to hoping the angels force game 7 and no cc until game 3......GO ANGELS!

agreed. I don't even care who wins the series, just want it to go 7.
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865

damn, dude spits some fire yo! :lol:
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
    so the world series starts tonight.....and this thread has been silent for 3 days????!?!?
    www.myspace.com
    and here too, for good measure:

and now, i will breakdown this series for you:
    LINE UP:

RF. Advantage... World Champions. Werth is much better offensively and defensively than Swisher. Swisher is absolute garbage. Seems like a douche bag as well. I would like to punch him in the face.

CF. Advantage...World Champions. Victorino is better at the plate and in the field. Cabrera is pretty good though.

LF. Advantage...Push/maybe slight World Champs. Ibanez has better power numbers, Damon has better average, and OBP. Ibanez is a little better in the field--but defense is not either of their strong points. Plus Ibanez has not looked very good since mid June.

1B. Slight Advantage...World Champions. Texiera is the best defensive first baseman in the league, but Howard's power numbers trump him. Plus, the NLCS MVP has 9 more rbi's in the post season.

2B. Slight Advantage...World Champions. Defensively they are about even. Utley's 2 throwing errors last week were an aberration. He's a decent defensive 2nd basemen like Cano is. Offensively, Cano has a much better average, but 26 has better power numbers and an OBP about 40 points higher.

SS. Slight Advantage...Yankees. Defensively, Rollins is a much better player but he has had a below average offensively to say the least. Jeter doesnt have the power and run producing numbers that Rollins has, but he makes up for it in average and OBP.

3B. Advantage...Yankees. They actually have similiar fielding percentages. I was expecting Feliz's to be much higher but they are basically the same. Offensively, no question about it. However, sooner or later A-Fraud will realize it's October...hey oh

C. Slight Advantage Yankees. Chooch is having a stellar post season yet again. He's one of the best defensive catchers in the game. But Posada's offensive numbers are much better.

DH. Unfair Advantage...Yankees. Stupid rule. Stupid Japanese hitter who has not played in the field at all this year. F him and F the DH.

PITCHING:
    1. Push...maybe slight advantage Yankees. CC and Lee are pretty even. CC's numbers look better because Lee was on a bad team and got traded. Their post season numbers are insanely good though. Both of them. The Phils crushed CC last year more a result of the fans getting in his head than with him being overused. Him pitching at home is an advantage.

2. Push...maybe slight advantage Yankees. Burnett vs Pedro. You don't know which one of these guys is going to show up. I don't think Pedro can repeat what he did the other week. But if he gives us 5 or 6 decent innings, I will be pleased. Burnett is a punk. I would like to kick him in the nuts. He is good for at least one or two lengthy bad stretches during a game. Gotta take advantage.

3. Advantage...Yankees. Only because of Pettite's post season record and you don't know which Hamels will show up. Plus his fast ball was struggling to hit 90 last week. But, if he regains is MVP form from last year....look out Greg--you son of a bitch!

4. Advantage...Phillies. The Yanks are only going with a 3 man rotation I think. We might throw Blanton in Game 5 (match Lee with CC in game 4). I think our rotation is deeper.

Bullpen. Advantage...Yankees. Both pens looked great in the post season. Phil Hughes struggled a bit but so did Madsen. But the Yanks were more consistent during the season and you gotta go Rivera over Lidge based on this year's performance.

SO.......
    Offensively, in New York, its pretty much a push with a slight edge to the Yanks because of the stupid DH. If the Phils can split and retake home field....advantage, World Champions.

Defense. Clear Advantage...World Champions.
    Pitching. Advantage...Yankees.

The World Champions will clinch on New Yankee Stadium's field one week from today. I will see you Friday, November 6th at the parade.

GO PHILS!
    www.myspace.com
    3MORE WINS TO MAKE HISTORY :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
    wake up people...we just won game 1. game 2 is a little over 10 hours away.

GO CHAMPS
    www.myspace.com
  • petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    LETS GO PHILLIES! 3 more wins!!!!!
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Utley is a beast.

Never doubt the Phillies. I gotta go with Jeagler on this one as much as he sucks the balls as a football fan. :)
  • I love that the Yankees lost their first game at home! and, I'm SO glad that Pearl Jam had the scorecard every so often...I thought that was a lot of fun!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182

GO CHAMPS

Is that your dog and he/she give you permission to plaster their picture all over the internet? :D:lol: To the demise of the Yanks, here here 8-)

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

I love that the Yankees lost their first game at home! and, I'm SO glad that Pearl Jam had the scorecard every so often...I thought that was a lot of fun!

what did they do? show the score on the big screens throughout?

i'm SO hoping they show us the last couple innings on saturday night...and then come out and play till 2 am!
    www.myspace.com
    g under p wrote:

GO CHAMPS

Is that your dog and he/she give you permission to plaster their picture all over the internet? :D:lol: To the demise of the Yanks, here here 8-)

Peace

i have her written consent.

actually...in that picture we have her wearing a phillies shirt. but i cropped it for the avatar
    www.myspace.com
    Utley is a beast.

Never doubt the Phillies. I gotta go with Jeagler on this one as much as he sucks the balls as a football fan. :)

thanks.
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,425
    no one mentioned 'Got Some' video clips as Fox closed out their coverage last night? Was great seeing clips and hearing it celebrating game 1 win.

Cliff Lee is the man -wow what a performance.
    pjhawks wrote:
    no one mentioned 'Got Some' video clips as Fox closed out their coverage last night? Was great seeing clips and hearing it celebrating game 1 win.

Cliff Lee is the man -wow what a performance.

really? i must've switched to mlb or comcast by that point. i was wondering why we didnt get any pj throughout the telecast
    www.myspace.com
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Hats off to Lee

that guy was in a full out groove all night long.
    When linedrives start landing in the web of your glove behind your back,
    you know things are going your way .

I am still positive feeling that you guys hadda take 1 of the first 2 on the road.
    The rotation remaining could realistically go both ways but i'm giving my yankees the nod .

2 great formidable teams .

PS for you guys that mustve been great to have your superstar utley crack those 2 homers.

grrrrr
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • I love that the Yankees lost their first game at home! and, I'm SO glad that Pearl Jam had the scorecard every so often...I thought that was a lot of fun!

i'm SO hoping they show us the last couple innings on saturday night...and then come out and play till 2 am!

You know those boxing-ring girls, who walk around with before each round?? Well, they had a girl doing that with the score every few innings!! Every time she'd come out and we'd see the score, the entire Spectrum would just erupt...it was awesome.
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
    I love that the Yankees lost their first game at home! and, I'm SO glad that Pearl Jam had the scorecard every so often...I thought that was a lot of fun!

You know those boxing-ring girls, who walk around with before each round?? Well, they had a girl doing that with the score every few innings!! Every time she'd come out and we'd see the score, the entire Spectrum would just erupt...it was awesome.

OH! i got ya. that sounds awesome!
    www.myspace.com
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    g under p wrote:

GO CHAMPS

Peace

i have her written consent.

actually...in that picture we have her wearing a phillies shirt. but i cropped it for the avatar

Auhhhhh man that would've been too much but hey we do love our sport teams. My daughter is a Yankees fan and that's as bad as it gets. :oops: :cry: :shock: To think I've been taking her to Red Sox games since she was a baby now cutie pies like Jeter and Anod are attractive her. :shock:

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

This discussion has been closed.