***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    jimed14 wrote:
    Hey I'm pulling for you Fuckers if you make it to the WS and the Angels don't. Even you Jaegler, you fayge. By the way, where did you get that "Beat LA" chant? Hmmmm. Celtics might be suing for some copyright infringement shit. It's like the mid 80s all over again. :lol:

ha, no kidding, I remember the "Beat L.A." chants from the 80s, one started up at my friend's graduation, it was pretty funny. Odd to hear it now. Nest thing you know, they'll be chanting "Maaaaaa-ny" in the Daryl chant fashion.

The same "Beat LA" chant you guys chanted at us when the Sixers beat the Celtics in the Easter Conference Finals? Yeah, that's when I liked Boston fans, and they weren't all stuck-up condescending douches just as bad as Yankee fans.

Anyway, no one does "YOU TOOK STEROIDS" like us!

yes, we are all condescending douches ... :roll: ... again, why for the most part, I like the yankee fans on this board more than the phillie fans
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Anyway, no one does "YOU TOOK STEROIDS" like us![/quote]

warm up for Arod.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,965
    edited October 2009

warm up for Arod.

YOU FUCKING BETTER BELIEVE IT. I mean.....(knock on wood).
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
    jimed14 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    ha, no kidding, I remember the "Beat L.A." chants from the 80s, one started up at my friend's graduation, it was pretty funny. Odd to hear it now. Nest thing you know, they'll be chanting "Maaaaaa-ny" in the Daryl chant fashion.

The same "Beat LA" chant you guys chanted at us when the Sixers beat the Celtics in the Easter Conference Finals? Yeah, that's when I liked Boston fans, and they weren't all stuck-up condescending douches just as bad as Yankee fans.

yes, we are all condescending douches ... :roll: ... again, why for the most part, I like the yankee fans on this board more than the phillie fans

That was too easy.
  • Anyway, no one does "YOU TOOK STEROIDS" like us!

warm up for Arod.

u do realize that if you don't beat the Yanks (or Angels) your location will look retarded now? Cool last year but dorky now.
    warm up for Arod.

u do realize that if you don't beat the Yanks (or Angels) your location will look retarded now? Cool last year but dorky now.

I will do my due diligence, sir. Until someone else wins, IT STANDS. And we're still Lunch Meat City- that's never going to change. King Of Salted & Cured Meats and Artisan Cheeses!
  • petrocs wrote:
    Janet...go outside :) YELL towards LA..EFF YOU! LOL

LOL!! I pretty much did :-) It was me and one random Philly girl next to me, cheering and clapping...we got a lot of dirty looks and loved every inning of it!!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    4 MORE WINS UNTIL HISTORY IS MADE

WE ARE NOT DONE YET.
    www.myspace.com
  • petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    You better believe the Phillies are gonna leave it all on the field in the World Series...its gonna be a friggin blood bath!
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    4 more wins....
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    another World Series bid and four Pearl Jam shows on the horizon, it doesn't get any better than this

of course, until we win another world series :D
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    Congrats to the Phillies. If the Yanks can close it out it should be a great series. Phillies better be ready, Yanks aren't exactly sending pitchers of the likes of Kuroda and Padilla out there.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Congrats to the Phillies. If the Yanks can close it out it should be a great series. Phillies better be ready, Yanks aren't exactly sending pitchers of the likes of Kuroda and Padilla out there.

Yeah, that CC guy.....We had a problem with him last year didn't we.... :roll:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

We all know CC was absolutely abused last year down the stretch. First CC couldn't pitch in the playoffs, he has done alright so far, then he couldn't beat the Angels, he has shut them down twice... keep it coming. The guy is an ace.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

We all know CC was absolutely abused last year down the stretch. First CC couldn't pitch in the playoffs, he has done alright so far, then he couldn't beat the Angels, he has shut them down twice... keep it coming. The guy is an ace.

Abused? You mean how you guys are using him on 3 days rest, JUST like they did last year? I cannot wait for this shit.
  • you're kind of missing the point on that regarding Sabathia. The Yankees gave him plenty of rest during the regular season as opposed to last year when he had to pitch three times in September on short rest just to get him to the playoffs. There's no guarantee Sabathia on three days rest again would work if they get to the series, but based on the rest he had in the regular season and the eight innings he pitched the other night, the Yankees would have to like their chances doing that again.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Abused? You mean how you guys are using him on 3 days rest, JUST like they did last year? I cannot wait for this shit.

He was used on 3 days rest once this year, in the playoffs and the Yanks rested him and limited him down the stretch to do so. A completely different situation than last year when he was going on 3 days rest for a few weeks straight in the regular season.

A simple congrats and you better be ready for a tougher series than the Dodgers gave you turns into bickering about CC. You guys are unreal.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Solid club there. Man, I am so jealous. Fuck the Rangers! Why are we cursed with such a sorry franchise?

Oh, well. At least Philly got something right. Will be pulling for you against the Yankees, assuming they handle the Angels.

Seeing A-Rod and Tex with rings would be a nightmare.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    It must be exciting for people in Cleveland to watch the world series and see Lee vs. Sabathia in game 1.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

He was used on 3 days rest once this year, in the playoffs and the Yanks rested him and limited him down the stretch to do so. A completely different situation than last year when he was going on 3 days rest for a few weeks straight in the regular season.

A simple congrats and you better be ready for a tougher series than the Dodgers gave you turns into bickering about CC. You guys are unreal.

All I know is I love pissing you guys off. Get ready.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

All I know is I love pissing you guys off. Get ready.

Phillies fans have done a great job of that this year.

If the Yanks make it, it will be a great series, the 2 best lineups in baseball going at it will be a lot of fun.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    It must be exciting for people in Cleveland to watch the world series and see Lee vs. Sabathia in game 1.
    :lol::mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    They said after the game last night this is probably the best Philly Sports Team of all time

I think if they win it again there's no doubt

The Flyers teams in the 70's and Sixers in the 80's were great teams

Thoughts ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    They said after the game last night this is probably the best Philly Sports Team of all time

I think if they win it again there's no doubt

The Flyers teams in the 70's and Sixers in the 80's were great teams

Thoughts ?

If they win, then it definitely is - in the midst of free agency, more teams in the league, definitely.

Don't anyone take it for granted. Live up every second of it. In the long losing storied history of this franchise, this is the first time they've ever done it. Don't ever take that for granted because it may never get better than this. And the core of this team is together for at least the nest 3 years. Dangerous.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    Could you maybe start "The OFFICIAL 2009 World Series Thread"? No one talks shit like you Phillies and Yankees fans :mrgreen: ! With one thread, I could get all my trash talk in one place. I don't see a lot of posts ending with "Peace" from you guys. :lol::lol:

I'm 100% pulling for the Phightin's, but I'm a little worried about their pitching. Lee is a stud, Pedro had an awesome outing in LA but I don't think you can count on him, Blanton is Blanton and Hamels (IMHO) is pitching like shit...given a four run lead.... homer, double, gone. :roll:

If guys like Loney and Hudson are going yard, the Phils staff is going to have to pick it up to get through that (fucking) Yankee lineup. Go Phillies! Phuck 'em up!! :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,779
    Should be a great series if the Yanks can punch their ticket. I think it has the potential to be a classic series.Got 7 games written all over it
    I'm posting this everywhere...and it's awesome.

Heard Rauuuuuulllllll interviewed on 97.5 with Mikey Miss. Missanelli recalled this past week that Raul said to director of fun and games John Brazier, "Hey, I wanted to know if you get some tickets for some friends of mine for the series. They're in a band, called Pearl Jam." Hahahhahaa, so humble the dude is, and so awesome. Anyway, we're looking at PJ really wooping it up in the City of BrotherLEE Love! Ah man, too much to handle right now. The boys sitting in the crowd rocking Phils hats. Fucking sweet.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876

Heard Rauuuuuulllllll interviewed on 97.5 with Mikey Miss. Missanelli recalled this past week that Raul said to director of fun and games John Brazier, "Hey, I wanted to know if you get some tickets for some friends of mine for the series. They're in a band, called Pearl Jam." Hahahhahaa, so humble the dude is, and so awesome. Anyway, we're looking at PJ really wooping it up in the City of BrotherLEE Love! Ah man, too much to handle right now. The boys sitting in the crowd rocking Phils hats. Fucking sweet.

Eddie with a Phils hat on Next to Rudy with a Yankees Hat on !

Bring it MOTHER PHUCKERS !!!
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,779

Eddie with a Phils hat on Next to Rudy with a Yankees Hat on !

Bring it MOTHER PHUCKERS !!!

HMMM...Lets see

Ed's worn the following baseball teams hats

a Mariner Hat at games

His Beloved Cubs

Kickin it with Theo and the Red Sox Nation

As I recall a Whitesox hat at snl(when it was in fashion)

Probably a Padres hat since he's from SD at a time or two

I'm sure Ed will Placate to the Philadelphia crowd, as he has done....with alot more frequency over the past few years. And he'll probably tell the crowd it is the best they have ever played for, each night he'll say they were better than last :lol:

Its all good....The Phillies are a solid team, and they are hosting us out of towners for what looks like 4 exciting shows.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    the Phils have lost only 5 playoff games over a year and half - now someone will have to beat them 4 times in ten days. all i know is this team is going to be very difficult to knock out. Bring on the Yankees - lets have fun with it though. Respect the Yankees but do not give them too much credit - remember WE are the World Fucking Champions - and We are getting Pearl Jam for 4 nights.
This discussion has been closed.