this team just finds ways to win.

25-12.

BOOM.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

25-12.

BOOM.

true. they didn't even play well and still scratched out a road win. good shit.

Phillies player of the game...Dan Uggla
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    i'm loving all the young home grown talent in the pen finally.
    www.myspace.com

yeah, stutes K of uggla was prob the play of the game.

bastardo is off to a good start. looks like I was wrong about him. we'll see if he can stay healthy
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,734

Best way to build a pen. See what you have and make adjustments as needed. Easiest pieces to pick up, I think.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,408

25-12.

BOOM.

Bill James Pythagorean Winning Pct: Phillies .639, Braves .625
    Real life winning pct: Phillies .676, Braves .525

2010 Phils: Pyth .593, Actual .599
    2009 Phils: Pyth .572, Actual .574
    2008 Phils: Pyth .580, Actual .568

I guess it was all in my head.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

My dead horse beating: long overdue.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Best way to build a pen. See what you have and make adjustments as needed. Easiest pieces to pick up, I think.

Yup, and just use the arms you've been developing in your system, instead of overpaying for overrated free agents (cough cough, Soriano :lol: ).
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Yup, and just use the arms you've been developing in your system, instead of overpaying for overrated free agents (cough cough, Soriano :lol: ).

I don't agree with that signing. It's a terrible contract. Not going to complain about having him in the pen but I hate the contract and agree with Cashman.
    ibanez now has a higher average than francisco. :roll: :lol:

credit to charlie for sticking with him. think it's about time for people to realize francisco's not an every day player though. i was never sold on him in that role. hopefully we bring the dominator up and just plant him in right and let him sink or swim.

i'd like to see them platoon francisco and raul in left. mix in mayberry every now and then too.
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    BTW...utley 7 innings played 2-4

:thumbup:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    BTW...utley 7 innings played 2-4

:thumbup:

like i said the other day....they're fucking 25-12 without him--imagine how good this team could be with him and if he's 100%??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :clap:
    www.myspace.com
    ibanez now has a higher average than francisco. :roll: :lol:

credit to charlie for sticking with him. think it's about time for people to realize francisco's not an every day player though. i was never sold on him in that role. hopefully we bring the dominator up and just plant him in right and let him sink or swim.

i'd like to see them platoon francisco and raul in left. mix in mayberry every now and then too.

neither one has been good. I'd give francisco another month. It's still early. One hot week and he's up around 290. He's getting on base, he's just not hitting right now.

Dominator :shock: . That makes R6 sound good

I'd play mayberry in RF. At Lehigh Valley
    hopefully we bring the dominator

That is unfortunate
    eh, i think francisco is what he is. gotta be a reason why he's never been an every day player before.
    www.myspace.com
    eh, i think francisco is what he is. gotta be a reason why he's never been an every day player before.

he's only 29. I'd give him more than 6 weeks. They need the RH stick and the other options aren't any better.
    The Fixer wrote:

he's only 29. I'd give him more than 6 weeks. They need the RH stick and the other options aren't any better.

eh, we'll see.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

eh, we'll see.

yep. they know they need to upgrade the corner spots if things don't change. like you said, they're winning so they can be patient with brown and francisco.

jurrjens tomorrow. phils never seen to hit him. he's up there with alexi kovalev, brian mccann, and plaxico burress on the list of philly killers.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,437
    I would like to personally thank the Phillies players for allowing Ryan Howard to be dependent enough on them for Ryan to dominate tonight's game offensively. we all know that Ryan only does what he does because of his teammates, so thank you guys. lets do the same saturday and sunday :)
    pjhawks wrote:
    I would like to personally thank the Phillies players for allowing Ryan Howard to be dependent enough on them for Ryan to dominate tonight's game offensively. we all know that Ryan only does what he does because of his teammates, so thank you guys. lets do the same saturday and sunday :)

he's no rico brogna :D

kidding dude. howard played well tonight
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

:o:o:o :shock: :shock:
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

:o:o:o :shock: :shock:

as much as he annoys me with his defense and horrible ABs, I have never denied he helps this team win. My issue has always been that he's overrated...which led to his terrible contract.

Team is winning. That's all that matters (though their offense still needs help)
    :think: :eh:

regarding the defense:
    http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/fielding/_ ... order/true ...finished 14th in nl last year. currently in 1st.

and to appease our new age fans, although sabermetrics defense is still a work in progress ( :roll: :lol: ):

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/fielding/_ ... order/true .....14th last year, currently 3rd.

lot of season left to be played. but anyway you look at it so far (save for a couple deadly double pumps that i'm sure cost us a lot of our 12 losses) the dude has improved nicely in the field. gotta give credit where credit is due.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    as much as he annoys me with his defense and horrible ABs, I have never denied he helps this team win. My issue has always been that he's overrated...which led to his terrible contract.

Team is winning. That's all that matters (though their offense still needs help)

He is overrated. And his contract is ridiculous. But he still is instrumental in helping the team win, and us fans seem to be happy to pay ever increasing ticket prices to pay for his contract. And he's also a good guy who's easy to root for. So, um, there. :lol:

The Fixer wrote:

He is overrated. And his contract is ridiculous. But he still is instrumental in helping the team win, and us fans seem to be happy to pay ever increasing ticket prices to pay for his contract. And he's also a good guy who's easy to root for. So, um, there. :lol:

...bingo.
    www.myspace.com
    this stinks:

Brown will miss more time
    Domonic Brown will sit out five to seven days with a sprained thumb. (Yong Kim/Staff Photographer) ATANTA -- Ben Francisco has three hits in 28 May at-bats. His last extra-base hit was 51 plate appearances ago, a double in the first inning of a game in Arizona on April 27.

His season batting average is down to .230. (Yes, lower than Raul Ibanez.) But his on-base percenatge is still at .340. (Only six points below Ryan Howard and nine points below Shane Victorino.) So the patience is there, but the hits are not.

We bring this up because of the clamoring for Domonic Brown. And yes, most of it can be justified. Brown has been hitting the ball in triple A and at this point, you wonder if he has anything left to prove in the minors.

But the latest news, that Brown will miss at least another five days with a first-degree sprain of the ulnar collateral ligament in his right thumb, means the timetable is pushed back even more. Francisco has a longer leash.

Brown injured his thumb in Wednesday's game and the team said it was not serious. This morning, that prognosis was updated to the sprain, with a 5 to 7 day total timetable for recovery.

The Phillies sent Brown to the minors after a broken hook of the hamate bone cost him most of spring training because they said he needed more at-bats. Injuries -- a strained quadriceps last September, the hamate bone in the spring and now the thumb -- have slowed Brown's progression.

The 23-year-old prospect needs to show he can stay on the field and be productive for a few weeks at a time. Until then, the Phillies may hold off on promoting him and making him a regular at the major-league level.

The lineup as Joe Blanton takes the mound, opposed by Jair Jurrjens:

1. Jimmy Rollins 6
    2. Shane Victorino 8
    3. Placido Polanco 5
    4. Ryan Howard 3
    5. Ben Francisco 9
    6. Raul Ibanez 7
    7. Wilson Valdez 4
    8. Dane Sardinha 2
    9. Joe Blanton 1
    www.myspace.com
    not the ideal way to start off a game, joe.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah man, I agree. They have raised their payroll to levels I never thought I'd see. If my tix go up 2 or 3 bucks a seat every year and that money is going towards the payroll, I'm all for it.

Howard's contract is the worst in sports but it hasn't been as prohibitive as I thought it would be.
    Jair Jurrjens. Phillie killer.

Was out running some errands and had the game on the radio. Franzke said that of all pitchers with a min of 50 IP, Jurrjens has the lowest ERA vs the phils. they never hit him
    that's horrendous baserunning. absolutely terrible
    :think: :eh:

regarding the defense:
    http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/fielding/_ ... order/true ...finished 14th in nl last year. currently in 1st.

and to appease our new age fans, although sabermetrics defense is still a work in progress ( :roll: :lol: ):

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/fielding/_ ... order/true .....14th last year, currently 3rd.

lot of season left to be played. but anyway you look at it so far (save for a couple deadly double pumps that i'm sure cost us a lot of our 12 losses) the dude has improved nicely in the field. gotta give credit where credit is due.

Just look at the assist totals. Proof that the triple pump, take it to the bag is in full effect. He's awful in the field
This discussion has been closed.