fixer....amateur move on the grill man :lol:

sucks when that happens though.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

Yep. I looked like ryan howard vs a lefty
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    well looks like roy o will indeed take the mound in st louis tomorrow night. fingers crossed.

hopefully shane doesn't miss too much time though...
    www.myspace.com
    well looks like roy o will indeed take the mound in st louis tomorrow night. fingers crossed.

I read he is expected back wed or thurs

Just a guess, but I bet utley is back at some point during the Colorado/Texas series

Lidge to throw off a mound today too.
    The Fixer wrote:

Just a guess, but I bet utley is back at some point during the Colorado/Texas series

if lidge ever makes it all the way back it will be interesting to see how they handle that
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

if lidge ever makes it all the way back it will be interesting to see how they handle that

true. good problem to have if they can eliminate baez/romero. I'd like to see more of stutes, but gotta figure he's passed baez on the depth chart
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,408

I've been meaning to have a backup tank for years, and still don't. :roll:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,408
    The Fixer wrote:
    I can't stand when people refer to their team as us, we, our. like they're on the team

I'm guilty of this, especially with dropping about $2K on tixx & stuff every year to help pay the salaries.

If you catch me doing it with the Flyers or Eagles than you can blast me. Phillies or Temple Owls, then I'm saying we.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:
    I can't stand when people refer to their team as us, we, our. like they're on the team

I'm guilty of this, especially with dropping about $2K on tixx & stuff every year to help pay the salaries.

If you catch me doing it with the Flyers or Eagles than you can blast me. Phillies or Temple Owls, then I'm saying we.

Temple is different. You are part of the university if you went there
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,437
    The Fixer wrote:

halladay can't blow a lead in the 7th and 8th. 0-2 in the last week against the marlins and braves isn't good enough from him. call me a dick or whatever but i expect and need more from the best pitcher in baseball against the 2 teams in the division battling you for 1st place. i expect a big effort next time out.

agree on Utley. once he's had a decent number of at at-bats there is no point leaving him in the minors. that ain't helping his knee. once he is up though hope Charlie is smart (haha no chance of that) and doesn't play him every inning of every game. hell i'd play him every other day until the all-star break and ease him back in. we need him more in august-september than june-july.

is it wrong to wish lidge doesn't get healthly? i mean we need depth in the bullpen but bringing lidge back means we have to use him as a closer. and right now madson and contreras are better than him at it.
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

halladay can't blow a lead in the 7th and 8th. 0-2 in the last week against the marlins and braves isn't good enough from him. call me a dick or whatever but i expect and need more from the best pitcher in baseball against the 2 teams in the division battling you for 1st place. i expect a big effort next time out.

agree on Utley. once he's had a decent number of at at-bats there is no point leaving him in the minors. that ain't helping his knee. once he is up though hope Charlie is smart (haha no chance of that) and doesn't play him every inning of every game. hell i'd play him every other day until the all-star break and ease him back in. we need him more in august-september than june-july.

is it wrong to wish lidge doesn't get healthly? i mean we need depth in the bullpen but bringing lidge back means we have to use him as a closer. and right now madson and contreras are better than him at it.

yeah, halladay should throw a shutout every time he pitches. He stinks.

Not sure why lidge has to be the closer. that makes no sense either
    halladay just pitched 2 straight complete games giving up a total of 3 earned runs combined.

what more do you want the guy to do? :? :?

what an odd analysis...
    www.myspace.com
    halladay just pitched 2 straight complete games giving up a total of 3 earned runs combined.

what an odd analysis...

one run lead in the 7th walked and gave up a monster home run to a guy hitting .195. regardless of what the offense had done he had a late inning lead. if madson blew the same lead you'd be killing him. bottom line is he went 0-2 against the 2nd and 3rd place teams in the division. results are not good enough for the BEST pitcher in baseball. i expect more out of Roy than i do anyone else. OUR (put that just to be a dick :D ) ace needs to beat the other aces in the division.

anyone see the article in yesterday's Inquirer about what Pujols has been doing so far vs. Howard and the ridiculous numbers Holliday and Berkman are putting up vs. Polanco/Rollings and Francisco and Ibanez? Interesting that Ryan has been so much better with no talent around him so far this year. crickets though on that article i see.

mm wisconsin or canada? im thinking canadian beer is way better - take off!
    pjhawks wrote:

what an odd analysis...

one run lead in the 7th walked and gave up a monster home run to a guy hitting .195. regardless of what the offense had done he had a late inning lead. if madson blew the same lead you'd be killing him. bottom line is he went 0-2 against the 2nd and 3rd place teams in the division. results are not good enough for the BEST pitcher in baseball. i expect more out of Roy than i do anyone else. OUR (put that just to be a dick :D ) ace needs to beat the other aces in the division.f!

this is a horrendous way of looking at it. i don't even know where to start.
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

what an odd analysis...

one run lead in the 7th walked and gave up a monster home run to a guy hitting .195. regardless of what the offense had done he had a late inning lead. if madson blew the same lead you'd be killing him. bottom line is he went 0-2 against the 2nd and 3rd place teams in the division. results are not good enough for the BEST pitcher in baseball. i expect more out of Roy than i do anyone else. OUR (put that just to be a dick :D ) ace needs to beat the other aces in the division.

anyone see the article in yesterday's Inquirer about what Pujols has been doing so far vs. Howard and the ridiculous numbers Holliday and Berkman are putting up vs. Polanco/Rollings and Francisco and Ibanez? Interesting that Ryan has been so much better with no talent around him so far this year. crickets though on that article i see.

mm wisconsin or canada? im thinking canadian beer is way better - take off!

pitcher W/L records are more worthless than RBIs

Link the article genius
    pjhawks wrote:

what an odd analysis...

one run lead in the 7th walked and gave up a monster home run to a guy hitting .195. regardless of what the offense had done he had a late inning lead. if madson blew the same lead you'd be killing him. bottom line is he went 0-2 against the 2nd and 3rd place teams in the division. results are not good enough for the BEST pitcher in baseball. i expect more out of Roy than i do anyone else. OUR (put that just to be a dick :D ) ace needs to beat the other aces in the division.f!

Jeags, halladay stinks. He is supposed to throw a shutout every start. You didn't know this?

so now WINs and Losses don't matter? you sound like Fixer. last i checked that is all that matters. it's about Ws boys. we don't pay Roy for ERA.

and 8 innings is not a a complete game to me.
    The Fixer wrote:
    Jeags, halladay stinks. He is supposed to throw a shutout every start. You didn't know this?

where did i say he stinks? enligthen me. all i said was 0-2 against your rivals is not good enough. not sure how anyone can argue that point. Even Roy himself admits it.
    pjhawks wrote:

so now WINs and Losses don't matter? you sound like Fixer. last i checked that is all that matters. it's about Ws boys. we don't pay Roy for ERA.

man you are the worst. absolutely no clue
    pjhawks wrote:

are you stupid? he just threw back to back complete games and only gave up 4 earned runs COMBINED. that should be way more than enough for a win.

i can't believe someone is even arguing this. figures its you though.
    www.myspace.com
    someone should report pjhawks posts to kat and sea.

i am deeply offended at the astounding amount of idiocy i've just witnessed here.
    www.myspace.com
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    wow ... someone is actually dissin' halladay? ... :shock:
    polaris_x wrote:
    wow ... someone is actually dissin' halladay? ... :shock:

he should have no hit them. :lol:
    www.myspace.com

i am deeply offended at the astounding amount of idiocy i've just witnessed here.

go buy a Pete Orr jersey and ill vent about the best pitcher in baseball walking and giving up a monster home run to a .195 hitter. guess my expectations are too high.

still crickets on the article yesterday about howard and pujols this year? ...i guess if its not a fangraph or 5th tier blog we don't discuss it here.
    Felix Hernandez last year...249 2/3 IP, 2.27 ERA, 1.06 WHIP...13 wins, 12 losses. He sucks because he didn't win enough games
    pjhawks wrote:

go buy a Pete Orr jersey and ill vent about the best pitcher in baseball walking and giving up a monster home run to a .195 hitter. guess my expectations are too high.

still crickets on the article yesterday about howard and pujols this year? ...i guess if its not a fangraph or 5th tier blog we don't discuss it here.

pete orr? :? howard/pujols and fangraph's? :? :?

you don't even know who you're replying to man. go sit the next few posts out. you're embarrassing yourself here.
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

LINK THE ARICLE

hold on, hold on. I want to make sure I have this right. you're ripping halladay and comparing howard to pujols?

man, I didn't think it could get worse than Friday's Rico Brogna/Freddy Sanchez support you were dishing out. I underestimated you
    and i love the r6....but good god man.
    www.myspace.com
    and i love the r6....but good god man.

I think he's messing with us. No one could seriously post such nonsense
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

LINK THE ARICLE

hold on, hold on. I want to make sure I have this right. you're ripping halladay and comparing howard to pujols?

man, I didn't think it could get worse than Friday's Rico Brogna/Freddy Sanchez support you were dishing out. I underestimated you

not sure how pointing out facts is ripping a guy....
    facts vs. opinions boys. mine are facts. 0-2, walk and home run to a .195 hitter. those are not opinions. facts. look up the defintion if it is too hard to grasp. i know they aren't listed on a fan graph or a 5th tier blog so i understand it might be difficult for you guys.

edit: and fixer i agree about wins and losses but certain games it's more important to WIN. games against teams chasing you are more important. i need my best again the Marlins and Braves this year. that is all.
This discussion has been closed.