***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    the nurse? i'm trying to think of what that is from. she looks so familiar...

Nurse Jennifer. Saved By The Bell..

BANG!

there it is. thanks....literally been thinking about that since i posted the link.

I'm here to help, Jeags.
    I like David Murphy's work...
    http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/phil ... Brown.html

Brown has the following line since coming off the DL... .378/.442/.689, 1.131 OPS, 4 HR, 10 RBI, 11 RS, 9 SO, 5 BB in 52 plate appearances.

I think it's time to get him up here soon. I'm on the side of bringing him up and letting him fail at the Major League level since it will help in the long run, and it won't hurt the Phils to put him in when they're atop the Majors.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

Brown has the following line since coming off the DL... .378/.442/.689, 1.131 OPS, 4 HR, 10 RBI, 11 RS, 9 SO, 5 BB in 52 plate appearances.

I think it's time to get him up here soon. I'm on the side of bringing him up and letting him fail at the Major League level since it will help in the long run, and it won't hurt the Phils to put him in when they're atop the Majors.

If they're moving francisco to LF then I'm all for it.

The O/U tonight was 6 :lol:
    Yeah, a girl who is a friend of mine had sex with him. And then I proceeded to bother her for every detail.

FYI - I leave for sweet, sweet Vegas in 3 days. Dear. Lord.

so, what were the details? I bet he put on Dashboard Confessional to set the mood :lol:

re: vegas...you lucky MFer. how does the new ladyfriend feel about that?
    I don't know why pitchers throw kong fastballs. Ever
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    R6=beast
    Go Birds!!!!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    The Fixer wrote:

If they're moving francisco to LF then I'm all for it.

:

me too.
    www.myspace.com
    edited May 2011
    bases loaded, no outs and they get nothing. that's how you lose games right there
    The Fixer wrote:
    Yeah, a girl who is a friend of mine had sex with him. And then I proceeded to bother her for every detail.

so, what were the details? I bet he put on Dashboard Confessional to set the mood :lol:

Sadly, I couldn't get much out of her. Even with all the Hurricanes I was forcing on her on Bourbon St. :mrgreen: She did take her top off at one point, though, so that was a plus.

As for Vegas and the new ladyfriend.....well...she's been as cool about it as I'd expect. As much as she can be at least. She has her passive aggressive comments, but it's all good. They're all along the lines of having sex with other girls , etc. etc. I think all women legitimately think the only thing for guys to do in Vegas is to have sex with an endless amount of women(hookers) that are not their wife/gf. Those damn "what happens in vegas..." ads have really added another complex to the female gender. Granted, I'm not saying that doesn't happen there, but I'm not a total scumbag. She just doesn't understand the appeal of it at all, not her thing, which is cool. But me, on the other hand, enjoy Vegas endlessly. Cannot wait for drinking in the airport, drinking on the plane, drinking more, obscene amounts of illegal drugs, strip clubs, strippers in hotel room for bachelor, gambling, drinking, poker, drinking, blackjack, drinking, craps, drinking, sports book, drinking, more drugs, drinking, wearing a mustache, drinking, wearing ridiculous clothing, nursing a ridiculous hangover to the Nth degree on the flight back, aaaaaand drinking.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,830
    We should be up by at least 3-0 now ;)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Who swings at the first pitch with the bases loaded and a pitcher laboring? Seriously...

Dear, Jesus Utley, save us.
    The Fixer wrote:

Sadly, I couldn't get much out of her. Even with all the Hurricanes I was forcing on her on Bourbon St. :mrgreen: She did take her top off at one point, though, so that was a plus.

As for Vegas and the new ladyfriend.....well...she's been as cool about it as I'd expect. As much as she can be at least. She has her passive aggressive comments, but it's all good. They're all along the lines of having sex with other girls , etc. etc. I think all women legitimately think the only thing for guys to do in Vegas is to have sex with an endless amount of women(hookers) that are not their wife/gf. Those damn "what happens in vegas..." ads have really added another complex to the female gender. Granted, I'm not saying that doesn't happen there, but I'm not a total scumbag. She just doesn't understand the appeal of it at all, not her thing, which is cool. But me, on the other hand, enjoy Vegas endlessly. Cannot wait for drinking in the airport, drinking on the plane, drinking more, obscene amounts of illegal drugs, strip clubs, strippers in hotel room for bachelor, gambling, drinking, poker, drinking, blackjack, drinking, craps, drinking, sports book, drinking, more drugs, drinking, wearing a mustache, drinking, wearing ridiculous clothing, nursing a ridiculous hangover to the Nth degree on the flight back, aaaaaand drinking.

ah vegas. always a good time. I still have a bunch of buddies that are single. one of them needs to get engaged so I can get back out there.
    By the way, is there anything other than baseball and hockey to bet on while I'm out there? Of course there's always the ponies, but I can't think of any other big sporting events going on.....would've been great if the Flyers were in the playoffs still.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,734
    By the way, is there anything other than baseball and hockey to bet on while I'm out there? Of course there's always the ponies, but I can't think of any other big sporting events going on.....would've been great if the Flyers were in the playoffs still.

Should be a couple basketball games. No decent fights this weekend, I don't think.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Should be a couple basketball games. No decent fights this weekend, I don't think.

Yeah, and that. I was hoping it'd be the same weekend as the Preakness, which I think is next week.

At least with the basketball games I'll make easy money with the Heat. Even though I'll have to put up a shit load.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,734
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, and that. I was hoping it'd be the same weekend as the Preakness, which I think is next week.

At least with the basketball games I'll make easy money with the Heat. Even though I'll have to put up a shit load.

I won a shit load in Vegas on the Belmont a few years ago. Yeah, the preakness is the following weekend. Sucks. Plenty of horse races though.
    Error killed them. Wasted another great halladay outing.

Hopefully Lee can get the series win tomorrow
    The Fixer wrote:

Yep. Rollins too nonchalant.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,830
    Yeah def. didn't help and lack of clutch hitting also. Get the final game tomorrow boys.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,410
    The Fixer wrote:

And, like you said, not scoring with bases loaded & no outs. After the HR Howard had some terrible AB's.

Oh well, that's how it goes.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:

And, like you said, not scoring with bases loaded & no outs. After the HR Howard had some terrible AB's.

Oh well, that's how it goes.

that's how he always is. the pitch he whiffed on in his 2nd AB he missed by 2 feet. Then the taken 3rd strike reminded me of game 6.

the offense sucks. tough to watch
    after howard, it's like a black hole until you get to the top of the order again.

no worries. young clifton for the series win tonight. go phils!
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,437
    after howard, it's like a black hole until you get to the top of the order again.

can really see how much we miss chooch and his clutch hitting. 5 and 6 aren't very good at the moment and 7-9 is a disaster. never been a big Mayberry fan but he has definitely improved this year. think he needs to play 2 or 3 times a week. he at least puts his bat on the ball an hits the ball hard. he has been a pretty good pinch-hitter so far.

why are we not running more? 7th inning jimmy leads off and we leave him standing the whole time on 1st base. Their catcher is only throwing out like 20% of base stealers and had two horrible throws the night before. I don't get trying to sit back and wait for 3 hits against Josh Johnson.

can we really be too worried about a team that has Greg Dobbs and Wes Helms as their 3rd basemen? and how are the Marlins winning with Hanley Ramirez at around .200. he looks lost.

favorite part of the night was after Polanco lolly-gagged the ball on ramirez in the 9th after jimmy's error Halladay gave him a look that could have burned right through him. love roy's intensity out there. actually thought he should have told charlie to get the fuck off the mound when he came out before the ramirez at-bat. what was charlie saying to him at that point?
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,410
    pjhawks wrote:

can really see how much we miss chooch and his clutch hitting. 5 and 6 aren't very good at the moment and 7-9 is a disaster. never been a big Mayberry fan but he has definitely improved this year. think he needs to play 2 or 3 times a week. he at least puts his bat on the ball an hits the ball hard. he has been a pretty good pinch-hitter so far.

why are we not running more? 7th inning jimmy leads off and we leave him standing the whole time on 1st base. Their catcher is only throwing out like 20% of base stealers and had two horrible throws the night before. I don't get trying to sit back and wait for 3 hits against Josh Johnson.

can we really be too worried about a team that has Greg Dobbs and Wes Helms as their 3rd basemen? and how are the Marlins winning with Hanley Ramirez at around .200. he looks lost.

favorite part of the night was after Polanco lolly-gagged the ball on ramirez in the 9th after jimmy's error Halladay gave him a look that could have burned right through him. love roy's intensity out there. actually thought he should have told charlie to get the fuck off the mound when he came out before the ramirez at-bat. what was charlie saying to him at that point?

The Polanco play was horrible - get the damn throw off already. Well defense has been excellent all year - one bad game.

Halladay has the road complete game 2-1 loss patented.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    1st time he ever walked a pitcher last night. amazing...until you remember he spent the first decade of his career in the american league. :lol:

still pretty nuts though with interleague and all of last year.
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,437
    1st time he ever walked a pitcher last night. amazing...until you remember he spent the first decade of his career in the american league. :lol:

yes 2 great stats last night. that one about Halladay never walking a pitcher before and that Ryan Howard has the most game-tying or taking the lead RBIs in the majors over the past 6 years.
    pjhawks wrote:

the marlins rotation and bullpen are solid. they're also without their best hitter right now. they should win 85+ this year.

as for hanley ramirez BA...it's way too early to worry about stats.

I had the marlins feed last night. when halladay threw the fourth ball he screamed 'MOTHER FUCKER' or something along those lines. It was crystal clear. the marlins announcers apologized to the viewing audience. pretty funny

halladay is a complete animal. love it
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    The Fixer wrote:
    Any moron can write a story! I'd say i'd love for him to get hurt to let the blind people see his actual value,but i'm a Phillies fan and don't wish that upon my team.
    Go Birds!!!!
This discussion has been closed.