***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,437
    edited May 2011
    The Fixer wrote:
    Any moron can write a story! I'd say i'd love for him to get hurt to let the blind people see his actual value,but i'm a Phillies fan and don't wish that upon my team.

notice how the Fixer ignored my comment about the stat they showed last night - ryan howard has the most game-tying or game-leading RBIs in the majors over the past 6 season. so not only does he drive in a ton of runs he drives in important ones. and for a guy who rips our offense on an almost daily basis you'd think he'd have more appreciation for one of the two guys who actually produce for this team :roll: :roll: and don't you love him glancing over the Home Run he hit to make comments about the strikeout. i wonder if he truly understands that unless there is a man on base (really in scoring position) a strikeout is no different than any other out.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    A players value to a team goes so far beyond personal stats in baseball. For 3/4 of the season we've had a shitty 3 hole hitter. And for 90% of the season we've had a shitty 5 hole hitter. Yet R6 is still producing 274,8hr,32rbi's 353 obp 536 slg and a 870 ops. Another reason to show his value is Jayson Werth's stats this year 228,5hr,12rbi's 322 obp 407slg and a 728 ops. Also there's 2-3 hitters actually hitting on this team R6,Polly and Vict and Rollins together equal the 3rd. Sadly if there comes a time that Howard gets seriously hurt this team even with the pitching we have now will be slightly over 500 avg at best in a long stretch. Utley is considered there best player yet we win at a 1st place clip without him. Howard's true value will be appreciated by all in an unfortunate event imo.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,734
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Any moron can write a story! I'd say i'd love for him to get hurt to let the blind people see his actual value,but i'm a Phillies fan and don't wish that upon my team.

notice how the Fixer ignored my comment about the stat they showed last night - ryan howard has the most game-tying or game-leading RBIs in the majors over the past 6 season. so not only does he drive in a ton of runs he drives in important ones. and for a guy who rips our offense on an almost daily basis you'd think he'd have more appreciation for one of the two guys who actually produce for this team :roll: :roll:

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/ ... t-started/
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

notice how the Fixer ignored my comment about the stat they showed last night - ryan howard has the most game-tying or game-leading RBIs in the majors over the past 6 season. so not only does he drive in a ton of runs he drives in important ones. and for a guy who rips our offense on an almost daily basis you'd think he'd have more appreciation for one of the two guys who actually produce for this team :roll: :roll: and don't you love him glancing over the Home Run he hit to make comments about the strikeout. i wonder if he truly understands that unless there is a man on base (really in scoring position) a strikeout is no different than any other out.

we've been through this before. I'm not responding to any garbage about RBI. I'd rather bang my head against a wall
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

gotta love using 30 or so games as an argument against a guys contract. not saying $25 million isn't too much but ignore the last 5 years and only talk about a 30-game stretch is just bad reporting.
    The Fixer wrote:
    we've been through this before. I'm not responding to any garbage about RBI. I'd rather bang my head against a wall

fair enough but no comment on how you brushed aside the homerun last night (you know the only run scored by the phils) and instead focused on the strikeout. the 100% of the runs the phils scored was because of ryan and surely that overshadows a strikeout or 2,3 or even 4.
    Fixer how has his defense been this year? To me he's never looked better,between scooping bad throws or making great plays. No errors at all this year is impressive especially for him.
    Go Birds!!!!
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

fair enough but no comment on how you brushed aside the homerun last night (you know the only run scored by the phils) and instead focused on the strikeout. the 100% of the runs the phils scored was because of ryan and surely that overshadows a strikeout or 2,3 or even 4.

which strikeout are you talking about? there were multiple as always
    Fixer how has his defense been this year? To me he's never looked better,between scooping bad throws or making great plays. No errors at all this year is impressive especially for him.

1 - errors are not indicative of good/bad defense. he still has the range of a fire hydrant

2 - he hasn't thrown any grenades into LF yet, but he's busted out the triple pump, no throw, take it to the bag a few times. (that's one of his patented moves...along with the one armed helicopter flail)

Funny that no one mentions his AB in the 7th inning on friday night. 2nd and 3rd, no out. whiff. reminiscient of the last 3 playoff series he's played in ('09 WS and his stellar performance in 2 series last year).

best part of all this is that his contract hasn't even started yet
    The Fixer wrote:
    which strikeout are you talking about? there were multiple as always

thank you for proving my point about yourself. you'd rather focus on the 7% of the teams outs that Ryan made as opposed to the 100% of the runs he produced. as i said last week in the flyers thread, do you wake up on sunny days (like the last 3 days) and bemoan that it is too bright outside?
    The Fixer wrote:

1 - errors are not indicative of good/bad defense. he still has the range of a fire hydrant

2 - he hasn't thrown any grenades into LF yet, but he's busted out the triple pump, no throw, take it to the bag a few times. (that's one of his patented moves...along with the one armed helicopter flail)

Funny that no one mentions his AB in the 7th inning on friday night. 2nd and 3rd, no out. whiff. reminiscient of the last 3 playoff series he's played in ('09 WS and his stellar performance in 2 series last year).

His Def has been superb this year his range has been impressive. You sound like a guy who has a personal problem against the dude. You remember a pump throw play or strike out but can't give credit for his impressive range this year and Def or Solid stats with no 3 or 5 hitter for most of the season.
    Go Birds!!!!
    edited May 2011
    The Fixer wrote:

ah but ignore the fact that there wouldn't have been an '09 series without his NLCS. you know you can pick out at-bats of every player in the major leagues. everyone has bad at-bats and fails more often than not. ah but no one in 6 years has driven in more game-tying or game-leading runs than ryan. must be a hell of a 6-year lucky stretch.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    And when others read and complain about the Howard topic again the same person brings it up EVERY time.
    Go Birds!!!!
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

ah but ignore the fact that there wouldn't have been an '09 series without his NLCS. you know you can pick out at-bats of every player in the major leagues. everyone has bad at-bats and fails more often than not. ah but no one in 6 years has driven in more game-tying or game-leading runs than ryan. must be a hell of a 6-year lucky stretch.

my point has always been that the guy's best days are behind him. you don't give a guy a $125 million dollar contract 2 years before you have to. especially when you're getting diminishing returns on the deal.

the guy is flat out overrated and his contract is the worst thing in sports. sure would be nice to have that money to throw at pujols this offseason wouldn't it?
    The Fixer wrote:
    my point has always been that the guy's best days are behind him. you don't give a guy a $125 million dollar contract 2 years before you have to. especially when you're getting diminishing returns on the deal.

the guy is flat out overrated and his contract is the worst thing in sports. sure would be nice to have that money to throw at pujols this offseason wouldn't it?

but what the heck does that have to do with this season and last nights game? just because he is going to make $25 million next year doesn't diminish is value or ability to this team NOW. live in the moment Fixer. No one's tomorrow is guaranteed so let's not worry about it just yet. We got a great team, best record in baseball, great pitching staff, sun is shining, smile and lighten up and stop taking ryan howard's contract and performance personally.
    and there is absolutely no chance albert pujuls would sign here for less than $35 million a year. someone is going to have to serioulsy overpay for Albert Pujols (like the Nats did with Werth) to get him out of St. Louis and no way St. Louis doesn't make a huge offer. not happening. Albert will be in St. Louis for another 5 years at least.
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

but what the heck does that have to do with this season and last nights game? just because he is going to make $25 million next year doesn't diminish is value or ability to this team NOW. live in the moment Fixer. No one's tomorrow is guaranteed so let's not worry about it just yet. We got a great team, best record in baseball, great pitching staff, sun is shining, smile and lighten up and stop taking ryan howard's contract and performance personally.

I find it hilarious that you are so quick to bring up the past and so reluctant to look to the future.

Anyway, since there's no lefty pitching tonight howard might get some hits. And maybe even some RBI
    pjhawks wrote:
    and there is absolutely no chance albert pujuls would sign here for less than $35 million a year. someone is going to have to serioulsy overpay for Albert Pujols (like the Nats did with Werth) to get him out of St. Louis and no way St. Louis doesn't make a huge offer. not happening. Albert will be in St. Louis for another 5 years at least.

clue-less
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

clue-less

do you think Pujols is leaving St. Louis? and if so who do you see having any chance to sign him? he will be in St. Louis next year - book it. we can wager on that like the Braves being in 1st place on memorial day (wait you ignored that too)
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    ...yes that's right folks. this is the thread for the team with the best record in the national league.

carry on.

:lol:
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

gotta love using 30 or so games as an argument against a guys contract. not saying $25 million isn't too much but ignore the last 5 years and only talk about a 30-game stretch is just bad reporting.

The point is Heyman said it was worth it based on 29 games and used RBIs as an argument when as the article states

Howard has had 111 runners on base for his 125 plate appearances. No other NL hitter has had more than 96. Howard is hitting .266 with an .851 OPS with runners on, which is hardly anything special.
    chooch, utley, and oswalt all will be starting for clearwater tomorrow night. all are close to coming back. thank. god.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/phil ... -step.html
    www.myspace.com
    chooch, utley, and oswalt all will be starting for clearwater tomorrow night. all are close to coming back. thank. god.

Think they are going to win?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Think they are going to win?

big game for the threshers. only 2 out of first right now.
    www.myspace.com
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,410
    ...yes that's right folks. this is the thread for the team with the best record in the national league.

carry on.

:lol:

:roll:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    JIMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
    HUGE early season series win. HUGE!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuLb0Tnr3Ls

go phils!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,410
    JIMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

:D

Awesome win!!! Can't believe Cholly brought in Kendrick in the 8th, and got away with it. :shock:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    day off and then we get chooch back for the bravos series...which is huge as schneids got hurt tonight.

3-3 so far on this tough stretch. not too shabby. 2 out of 3 this weekend will be lovely.
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.