***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Nice to beat the fish

They always play us tough..usually in Philly they beat us

Before Orr's RBI 2B.....phils had not scored a run while Lee was in a game in 27 innings
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,734
    JIMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Holy exclamation points. Your right to talk shit about others use of exclamation points has been revoked.

Fucking impossible to quote on phones.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Holy exclamation points. Your right to talk shit about others use of exclamation points has been revoked.

if you got the reference, you'd understand cliff.

i'm usually one to not use my exclamation points haphazardly.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited May 2011
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    and there is absolutely no chance albert pujuls would sign here for less than $35 million a year. someone is going to have to serioulsy overpay for Albert Pujols (like the Nats did with Werth) to get him out of St. Louis and no way St. Louis doesn't make a huge offer. not happening. Albert will be in St. Louis for another 5 years at least.

clue-less

do you think Pujols is leaving St. Louis? and if so who do you see having any chance to sign him? he will be in St. Louis next year - book it. we can wager on that like the Braves being in 1st place on memorial day (wait you ignored that too)

I don't know where he will end up. I know that no one is giving him $35 mill a year though. and STL is gonna have a tough time signing him with wainwright and carpenter up for new deals as well (on top of the insane deal they gave holliday).

I'm not making a bet against the phils.

If you want to bet that howard will strike out 180 times...or hit under 280. then you're on
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Oh the Goodfellas video, gotcha. Well the second post contains more than one, so you have been put on notice. ha.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Oh the Goodfellas video, gotcha. Well the second post contains more than one, so you have been put on notice. ha.[/quote]

might be my favorite youtube video ever. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com

Before Orr's RBI 2B.....phils had not scored a run while Lee was in a game in 27 innings

Can we all agree that the wilson valdez era needs to end in philly? No need for Orr, Valdez, and Martinez to all be on this roster.
    The Fixer wrote:

Can we all agree that the wilson valdez era needs to end in philly? No need for Orr, Valdez, and Martinez to all be on this roster.

the era ends once chase is back. :?

valdez is fine off the bench every now and then. gets exposed, like all utility players do, when he has to play every day.

i can't believe we're 24-12 :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com

me neither. schedule has a lot to do with that.

hopefully offensive reinforcements are coming. wins they are getting now are huge
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,410
    The Fixer wrote:

hopefully offensive reinforcements are coming. wins they are getting now are huge

Hard to believe Harry.

Battling Cleveland for best record in baseball. :? (yeah yeah I know it means shit)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,437
    The Fixer wrote:

do you EVER say anything positive? Just took 2 out of 3 against the 2nd place team in the division AND faced their 2 best pitchers AND have won 4 division titles in a row AND have the best record in the league this year. the thrill of victory and the agony of hearing the Fixer rip on this team. man get off the negadelphia track for one day...uh oh sun shining again must be too bright for you again today :roll: :roll: :roll:
    yeah i don't understand all the negativity in here all season. it's really unbelievable.

this is one of the best starts in team history....and it's been done with hardly any production from the bottom of the order and with numerous key players on the disabled list.

other than last year this team always got off to slow starts---against good competition or bad competition. we're .500 against teams with a winning record with all these injuries. this is a good thing people. and it's only gonna get better once utley, chooch, oswalt, and dom brown are back with the team....which by all accounts will be sooner than most expected :thumbup:

man, whoever would have thought philly fans would get so jaded? :? :lol:

GO. PHILS.
    www.myspace.com
    yeah i don't understand all the negativity in here all season. it's really unbelievable.

this is one of the best starts in team history....and it's been done with hardly any production from the bottom of the order and with numerous key players on the disabled list.

other than last year this team always got off to slow starts---against good competition or bad competition. we're .500 against teams with a winning record with all these injuries. this is a good thing people. and it's only gonna get better once utley, chooch, oswalt, and dom brown are back with the team....which by all accounts will be sooner than most expected :thumbup:

GO. PHILS.

Whatever - we should be 36-0 and we should've won every game 9-0. :mrgreen:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

other than last year this team always got off to slow starts---against good competition or bad competition. we're .500 against teams with a winning record with all these injuries. this is a good thing people. and it's only gonna get better once utley, chooch, oswalt, and dom brown are back with the team. :thumbup:

GO. PHILS.

agree. i mean if you are over about 18 years old you darn sure should be enjoying the winning as much as possible. you have to remember the bad years and know this is not something that will last forever. and man how can you not enjoy watching these guys compete. the starting pitchers intensity is awesome to watch.

and i know it's only may but i was pumped last night. was a fun game to win. man jimmy is such a tease isn't he? he drives you crazy until the point where you want to be done with him then 'boom' huge hit to win the game.

bad news is we only get to watch Hamels throw the next game - yea hard to watch this team isn't it? :roll: :roll:
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    Well said, sir, well said.

Alright, kids, keep up the good work around here.

I'm like a child on Christmas Eve. Any crazy bets anyone would like?

yeah last night was fucking intense for a mid may game. good stuff.

insanely jealous of you right now. where are you staying?
    www.myspace.com

Mirage. Cannot wait to veg out at the pool with ridiculously overpriced drinks.

do not drink beer at the pool. if you are going to drink overpriced drinks take something strong and hit it hard. will save money in the long run. i love this time of year out in vegas. perfect weather usually late april-early may there. enjoy.

Ahh, the "adult" pool at the Mirage. Good times.
    pjhawks wrote:

do not drink beer at the pool. if you are going to drink overpriced drinks take something strong and hit it hard. will save money in the long run. i love this time of year out in vegas. perfect weather usually late april-early may there. enjoy.

Yeah, there's no way I'm drinking beer at the pool. They have these obscene $25 fruity drinks(yeah, that's right) that I have topped of with 151. Glooooorious.

Plus, any beer I will be drinking at the pool will be smuggled in.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I will most likely try to do that as well - Bare. I've heard about that place turning into a sausage fest though because they advertise it as "topless", and all that ends up showing up is a bunch of dudes.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I will most likely try to do that as well - Bare. I've heard about that place turning into a sausage fest though because they advertise it as "topless", and all that ends up showing up is a bunch of dudes.

I am sure it is now. I was there a couple years ago around this time, which was around the time it opened, and it was a good time. Lots of who I would imagine were strippers there. Was a good time but I would think you are probably right about that now.
    Despite all of our bitching about the Phillies' offense (I'm almost as guilty as anyone), they are 4th in the NL in runs per game with 4.33, behind StL (5.22!), Cin (5.11!) & Fla (4.47).

• jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Despite all of our bitching about the Phillies' offense (I'm almost as guilty as anyone), they are 4th in the NL in runs per game with 4.33, behind StL (5.22!), Cin (5.11!) & Fla (4.47).
    Runs, RBI's and wins don't matter it's all about WAR,OPS didn't u get the memo :):lol: :shock:
    Go Birds!!!!

Runs, RBI's and wins don't matter it's all about WAR,OPS didn't u get the memo :):lol: :shock:

Fucking WAR. People are brainwashed by this shit. I could come up with my own WAR tonight, and it would be just as good as all the other WAR's out there. :roll: (yes, there are multiple definitions of WAR, often with drastic differences - nice stat)

So when arod breaks the all time RBI mark, he is the best player in the history of the game, right?
    my WAR at work is off the charts. you guys would be impressed. :lol:

anyone check out the threshers game last night? 26 looked pretty damn good. nice to see him running around. turned a double play. slid. knocked one over the fence. all encouraging signs.

chooch looks fine. i think he's playing tonight.

oswalt...fast ball lingering between 88-91. yeesh. maybe they'll give him another start now? cortizone?
    www.myspace.com

anyone check out the threshers game last night? 26 looked pretty damn good. nice to see him running around. turned a double play. slid. knocked one over the fence. all encouraging signs.

oswalt...fast ball lingering between 88-91. yeesh. maybe they'll give him another start now? cortizone?

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/ ... -thursday/
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/ ... -thursday/

give that man a corizone shot and call me in the morning.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    So when arod breaks the all time RBI mark, he is the best player in the history of the game, right?

I don't think anyone would ever deny that he is a great player, and one of the greatest hitters of all time.

WAR sounds like the stats my company comes up with every year to screw us out of bonsues and raises.

This discussion has been closed.