***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    I still wanna get my hands on this book.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

nice. my buddy had a party on saturday and I was hitting them. first time in a while for me.

wife got me a few books for my bday...including the All Encompassing Trip book. Wish I would have thought of that idea. Brilliant

got that for christmas. i've read a solid 10 pages thus far. love books, i just never have time to read them...

I read a lot more in the summer than I do the rest of the year. I have 5 or 6 books from xmas/bday that I will plow through at the in-laws shorehouse this summer.

ocean city, if i remember correctly right?

i got roped into going down to the outer banks with her family aaaand extended family this summer. we were planning to get our own place for a week down in sea isle--then all of sudden this got sprung upon me. :x ....and apparently there's like nothing in this town other than the beach and houses. nothing. so, yeah, i guess i'll get some reading done this summer too.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

i got roped into going down to the outer banks with her family aaaand extended family this summer. we were planning to get our own place for a week down in sea isle--then all of sudden this got sprung upon me. :x ....and apparently there's like nothing in this town other than the beach and houses. nothing. so, yeah, i guess i'll get some reading done this summer too.

nah, they are in a small town of broadkill beach, which is right outside of lewes, de. it's a real rural area...their house is on a nature preserve...a block from the delaware bay beach. the furthest thing possible from the jersey shore atmosphere I grew up with (the fixer did his damage in sea isle after college...that place will always hold a special place in my heart. mcgowans has the best breakfast sandwiches on the planet).

it can be boring as hell there, but my wife enjoys it. luckily her parents like to drink, so it's cool

jeags, welcome to the wonderful world of family functions. I got volunteered to drive all over the delaware valley for mothers day on sunday. days like that make me wonder what I was thinking leaving florida and giving up my 1200 mile buffer zone
    The Fixer wrote:

nah, they are in a small town of broadkill beach, which is right outside of lewes, de. it's a real rural area...their house is on a nature preserve...a block from the delaware bay beach. the furthest thing possible from the jersey shore atmosphere I grew up with (the fixer did his damage in sea isle after college...that place will always hold a special place in my heart. mcgowans has the best breakfast sandwiches on the planet).

it can be boring as hell there, but my wife enjoys it. luckily her parents like to drink, so it's cool

jeags, welcome to the wonderful world of family functions. I got volunteered to drive all over the delaware valley for mothers day on sunday. days like that make me wonder what I was thinking leaving florida and giving up my 1200 mile buffer zone

delaware? man i was way off....yeah i love sea isle too. like a 2nd home to me.

ha--yeah...i'm actually looking forward to sunday. having the family over and i get to use my new grill for the first time. it's getting delivered on saturday. cannot fucking wait to use it
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,830
    I'll be there on Sat. :D

Long shot but anyone want to go to the game, section 420, $25. I have an extra ticket and seems everyone I've asked so far is busy or can't make it that night :?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,410
    The Fixer wrote:
    this is random, but anyone here been out to Red Rocks for a concert?

please stay on topic.

:lol:

I've been to Red Rocks just to check it out with my sister & nephews, not for a concert. It's a beautiful place, and looks like an incredible concert venue. I would fly out there in a second for a concert for a band that I really like. Of course I also have family out there so that makes it easier.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:

thank god roy o is back tomorrow. hopefully he's not overly rusty.

hamels vs hansen on sunday night baseball.....much more looking forward to that match up as opposed to the mets game last week. that should be fun. hopefully we take 2 out of 3 from them again.

go. phils.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

thank god roy o is back tomorrow. hopefully he's not overly rusty.

hamels vs hansen on sunday night baseball.....much more looking forward to that match up as opposed to the mets game last week. that should be fun. hopefully we take 2 out of 3 from them again.

go. phils.

yeah, I'm fired up for this weekend's series.

And from our thread last night...food on the grill is the best. we use our grill all the time
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,437
    should be a good series. too bad McDowell is suspended, could have been fun with the Phils fans. I'm guessing Lowe will hear it tonight too.

and i'm really glad we kept Herndon on the roster all year last year. :roll: as i stated last year what a waste that was. he sucks. Stutes has a much better arm. If Stutes and Bastardo continue to pitch well this could be a pretty effective bullpen. I'm beginning to think Bastardo has finally turned the corner into a legitimate weapon in the bullpen. his path is following similarily to madson in some ways. i remember when madson starting out having no trust him in even though he had great stuff - then boom Sept. 08 the light went on and he has been lights-out in the 8th ever since. i think Bastardo might be making that jump this year.
    oswalt to DL...kendrick starting tomorrow :o

Thank god I sold my tix already. WINNING!
    The Fixer wrote:

Did they say how come? I bet its because of what I said before the tornado stuff.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Madson is really good. I know you guys aren't too high on him, but I'm a big fan.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Madson is really good. I know you guys aren't too high on him, but I'm a big fan.

No, I like him, I just want him to prove me wrong then I'll be a huge fan. He's too much of a spaz for me to even think about taking over in the 9th. Once he gets those nerves cooled and doesn't give up big homers in big spots we'll be cool.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626

No, I like him, I just want him to prove me wrong then I'll be a huge fan. He's too much of a spaz for me to even think about taking over in the 9th. Once he gets those nerves cooled and doesn't give up big homers in big spots we'll be cool.
    Spaz :lol: Must be nice at 21-9.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925

Spaz :lol: Must be nice at 21-9.

That in particular I'm not picky about. :mrgreen:

Him giving up a cheap poke by Uribe in the LCS last year? That's a different story.
    The Fixer wrote:

Did they say how come? I bet its because of what I said before the tornado stuff.

WTF? R u serious? I'm going to tom.'s game.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    The Fixer wrote:

WTF? R u serious? I'm going to tom.'s game.

Well i couldn't find anything on this so i'm hoping u r kidding ;)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    No, dude - DL
    No, dude - DL

I don't see this anywhere. website? Nothing on phillies, espn or mlb :?:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

Damn! I get all the bad luck. First game i saw was Cole's first start of the season, then i saw Blanton pitch (who actually pitched ok) now i get to see Kendrick :roll:

How about Cliff Lee tonight? 16 K's! Too bad our offense couldn't do shit.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    anybody see this on the news yesterday? the starbucks robber in wayne?
    http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?secti ... id=8114434

i used to work with this dude. quite a shifty cat to say the least. always making shit up about himself like the time he tried to convince us he walked onto nova's basketball team during jay wright's first year (he's like 5 foot 8 and overweight). dude has like 10 kids with 8 different chicks. somehow he lived in a pretty large house that he couldn't afford.....got fired for committing fraud about 5 years ago....lost contact with him until he found me on facebook a couple years back. he is one of those people who's always "praising god" with his facebook statuses. next thing i know--boom, he's robbing a chick at a starbucks! :lol::lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    why now phillies no hit for lee!??

c'mon! ... i need some wins in my fantasy pool ...
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,437

i used to work with this dude. quite a shifty cat to say the least. always making shit up about himself like the time he tried to convince us he walked onto nova's basketball team during jay wright's first year (he's like 5 foot 8 and overweight). dude has like 10 kids with 8 different chicks. somehow he lived in a pretty large house that he couldn't afford.....got fired for committing fraud about 5 years ago....lost contact with him until he found me on facebook a couple years back. he is one of those people who's always "praising god" with his facebook statuses. next thing i know--boom, he's robbing a chick at a starbucks! :lol::lol:

wow jaegs. saw that story. pretty f'd up. she was putting her one-year old in the car too. what a scumbag this guy is. and how does target not check the id of someone buying $900 worth of gift cards.
    pjhawks wrote:

wow jaegs. saw that story. pretty f'd up. she was putting her one-year old in the car too. what a scumbag this guy is. and how does target not check the id of someone buying $900 worth of gift cards.

yeah--like 10 am in the morning too. i find it hilarious that the last thing he bought was a cup of coffee...from starbucks. what an idiot :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Rehabbing Chase Utley homers twice

Associated Press

DUNEDIN, Fla. -- Chase Utley homered twice and beat out an infield single in an extended spring training game Saturday.

The five-time All-Star second baseman hasn't played for the Philadelphia Phillies this season because of a knee injury. He finished 5 for 7.

Utley

"It felt pretty good just to get back out between the lines," Utley said. "So far so good and we'll see how it responds tomorrow and go from there."

Utley has patellar tendinitis in his right knee. He's been sidelined since the start of spring training. He played four innings in the field, alternating each inning.

At the plate, the left-handed hitting Utley saw all lefties.

"It was good to get some timing back and some swings in there, see some live pitching so we're just going to keep it going," Utley said.
    Go Birds!!!!

Damn! I get all the bad luck. First game i saw was Cole's first start of the season, then i saw Blanton pitch (who actually pitched ok) now i get to see Kendrick :roll:

How about Cliff Lee tonight? 16 K's! Too bad our offense couldn't do shit.

Wow I actually saw a Phills win! :o I honestly didn't think we would win this game for two reasons. One I was going and b Kyle Kendrick was pitching. Glad we won, saw Ryan hit a mammoth homer and the phills pitchers combine for a five hitter :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Rehabbing Chase Utley homers twice

Associated Press

DUNEDIN, Fla. -- Chase Utley homered twice and beat out an infield single in an extended spring training game Saturday.

The five-time All-Star second baseman hasn't played for the Philadelphia Phillies this season because of a knee injury. He finished 5 for 7.

Utley

"It felt pretty good just to get back out between the lines," Utley said. "So far so good and we'll see how it responds tomorrow and go from there."

Utley has patellar tendinitis in his right knee. He's been sidelined since the start of spring training. He played four innings in the field, alternating each inning.

At the plate, the left-handed hitting Utley saw all lefties.

"It was good to get some timing back and some swings in there, see some live pitching so we're just going to keep it going," Utley said.

best record in baseball right now...imagine how good this team will be with chase fucking utley back in the 3 hole... :shock: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,410
    Amazing that they could get a shutout with Kendrick pitching. Have to say that he was extremely lucky in that game.

Love Stutes & Bastardo pitching in important late inning situations. The bullpen youth movement is LONG overdue.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
This discussion has been closed.