***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989

best record in baseball right now...imagine how good this team will be with chase fucking utley back in the 3 hole... :shock: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

1. Rollins
    2. Polanco
    3. Utley
    4. Howard
    5. Francisco/Ibanez
    6. Victorino
    7. Francisco/Ibanez
    8. Ruiz/Schneisder

A whole lot better.

I would assume the odd man out is Martinez and they offer him back to Washington.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    anybody see this on the news yesterday? the starbucks robber in wayne?
    http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?secti ... id=8114434

i used to work with this dude. quite a shifty cat to say the least. always making shit up about himself like the time he tried to convince us he walked onto nova's basketball team during jay wright's first year (he's like 5 foot 8 and overweight). dude has like 10 kids with 8 different chicks. somehow he lived in a pretty large house that he couldn't afford.....got fired for committing fraud about 5 years ago....lost contact with him until he found me on facebook a couple years back. he is one of those people who's always "praising god" with his facebook statuses. next thing i know--boom, he's robbing a chick at a starbucks! :lol::lol:

I saw the story. that's crazy you used to work with him. I wouldn't recommend using him as a character reference any time soon :lol: .

He should be hung by his balls. I'm glad they caught him. Lady had a baby with her when the robbery occurred.

best record in baseball right now...imagine how good this team will be with chase fucking utley back in the 3 hole... :shock: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

1. Rollins
    2. Polanco
    3. Utley
    4. Howard
    5. Francisco/Ibanez
    6. Victorino
    7. Francisco/Ibanez
    8. Ruiz/Schneisder

A whole lot better.

I would assume the odd man out is Martinez and they offer him back to Washington.

I don't think utley is enough. They need to upgrade both corner OF spots.

Brown his another 400'+ dong this weekend. He's on fire right now. I don't think he's gonna be the savior, but he could be a start to helping this putrid offense.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    The Fixer wrote:

1. Rollins
    2. Polanco
    3. Utley
    4. Howard
    5. Francisco/Ibanez
    6. Victorino
    7. Francisco/Ibanez
    8. Ruiz/Schneisder

A whole lot better.

I don't think utley is enough. They need to upgrade both corner OF spots.

Brown his another 400'+ dong this weekend. He's on fire right now. I don't think he's gonna be the savior, but he could be a start to helping this putrid offense.

hunter pence! surely ed wade will want to contribute to another deep october run come the deadline right? :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    by the way, i wish everyone would wear their stirups the way chase is in this picture:
    http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phi ... d=50151294

it's old school and it looks...like a uniform. players wearing the pants with them falling over their cleats just looks too nonchalant. kinda looks like pajamas or something. chase looks like a ballplayer here.

anywho, back to matters that are more important...
    www.myspace.com
    by the way, i wish everyone would wear their stirups the way chase is in this picture:
    http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phi ... d=50151294

it's old school and it looks...like a uniform. players wearing the pants with them falling over their cleats just looks too nonchalant. kinda looks like pajamas or something. chase looks like a ballplayer here.

anywho, back to matters that are more important...

I said the same thing to my wife yesterday.

I didn't know that the phils made their minor league players wear their unis like that.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    Yeah, that's apparently why they wear them like gawd damn slackers when they get to the majors - like it's a relief to finally not wear their stirrups up.
    Yeah, that's apparently why they wear them like gawd damn slackers when they get to the majors - like it's a relief to finally not wear their stirrups up.

i like how they do that though. wish they would do the same thing once they get to the bigs.

i always wore mine up like that.
    www.myspace.com
    milton bradley designated for assignment. do you take a chance on him?
    The Fixer wrote:

no
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,437
    The Fixer wrote:

hell no
    why not? wouldnt cost much and he can't be worse than ibanez. well, unless he kills someone, which is a possibility
    The Fixer wrote:
    why not? wouldnt cost much and he can't be worse than ibanez. well, unless he kills someone, which is a possibility

on the best side how many more regular season games would he help you win, 3-5? this is a 95 win team easy with the starting pitching. no reason to bring this cancer in the locker room unless you actually want to see a player kill a media member or fan.
    i just think they're better off staying the course and waiting for utley to come back and hope dom brown makes a bit of an impact. chooch is back this weekend too.

just seems too early to bring someone like milton bradley in. they're still 22-10 or whatever despite the offensive struggles...
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

on the best side how many more regular season games would he help you win, 3-5? this is a 95 win team easy with the starting pitching. no reason to bring this cancer in the locker room unless you actually want to see a player kill a media member or fan.

I wouldn't be upset if he killed a media member. especially if it one of the TV guys.

this team ain't winning 95 games without upgrading the lineup. just ain't happening. not saying bradley is the right guy to add...just that I wouldn't be against giving him a shot. he does anything dumb, you cut him.
    i just think they're better off staying the course and waiting for utley to come back and hope dom brown makes a bit of an impact. chooch is back this weekend too.

just seems too early to bring someone like milton bradley in. they're still 22-10 or whatever despite the offensive struggles...

I'm as hopeful as anyone that dom brown will help this team, but I don't think he should be looked at as a huge upgrade at this point. he didn't hit at all when he was up last year (or this spring) and he is below average defensively at this point. also, he's coming off a hand injury, so who knows if that will impact him
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    No way in hell on Bradley,that dude's a walking train wreck. 95 wins imo won't be hard to do at all,inless major major injuries occur.
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I wouldn't be upset if he killed a media member. especially if it one of the TV guys.

this team ain't winning 95 games without upgrading the lineup. just ain't happening. not saying bradley is the right guy to add...just that I wouldn't be against giving him a shot. he does anything dumb, you cut him.

lock to win 95 if the starting pitchers and howard stay healthy. bad teams have absolutely no shot of beating this team more than 1 out of 3. still only lost 2 series so far. kill the bad teams, play about .500 against the good teams and 95 is a cake walk for this team.
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

lock to win 95 if the starting pitchers and howard stay healthy. bad teams have absolutely no shot of beating this team more than 1 out of 3. still only lost 2 series so far. kill the bad teams, play about .500 against the good teams and 95 is a cake walk for this team.

you still have to score to win games. like friday night. 2nd and 3rd, no outs...lefty comes in and strikes out the side.

the rotation is great, but the lineup blows. 5 runs in 3 games this weekend. And they didn't even face the braves 2 best pitchers
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm as hopeful as anyone that dom brown will help this team, but I don't think he should be looked at as a huge upgrade at this point. he didn't hit at all when he was up last year (or this spring) and he is below average defensively at this point. also, he's coming off a hand injury, so who knows if that will impact him

yeah...i just think come the deadline, we'll make some moves. ruben's/gillick's track records are pretty good in that department.

also, isn't below average an improvement over ibanez at this point? :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

you still have to score to win games. like friday night. 2nd and 3rd, no outs...lefty comes in and strikes out the side.

the rotation is great, but the lineup blows. 5 runs in 3 games this weekend. And they didn't even face the braves 2 best pitchers

phils also took 2 out of 3 against them in atlanta a few weeks ago.....having utley and chooch back in the lineup will be big, followed by a move at the deadline and anything from dom brown is a plus--boom.

all we need is 3 to 4 runs a game with this rotation guys.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

the lineup will be upgraded with ruiz and utley. really see how they miss Carlos when Valdez is your 7th hitter (or should i say when charlie stupidly hits valdez 7th). and the phils got good not great starts from lee and hamels and still won 1 of 3. braves are one of the good teams - play .500 against them and florida and all is fine.
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

the lineup will be upgraded with ruiz and utley. really see how they miss Carlos when Valdez is your 7th hitter (or should i say when charlie stupidly hits valdez 7th). and the phils got good not great starts from lee and hamels and still won 1 of 3. braves are one of the good teams - play .500 against them and florida and all is fine.

and i believe they're 4-4 against those 2 squads thus far.
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

braves are one of the good teams - play .500 against them and florida and all is fine.

a team with WS aspirations shouldn't be shooting for a 500 record vs anyone.

I'm sure amaro knows the lineup sucks and he'll make a move. I just can't stand watching the phils try to hit right now.
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

braves are one of the good teams - play .500 against them and florida and all is fine.

I'm sure amaro knows the lineup sucks and he'll make a move. I just can't stand watching the phils try to hit right now.

we already have the best record in baseball - how much do you want? and that is with 6 guys on the DL so far. chill and enjoy the wins now. time to stress will be september-october. now it's just fun.
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

we already have the best record in baseball - how much do you want? and that is with 6 guys on the DL so far. chill and enjoy the wins now. time to stress will be september-october. now it's just fun.

I want them to be a complete team that's capable of winning it all. right now they are far from that.

may will be a good test for them. like I said before...the offense sucks and people are in for a rude awakening once they start playing real teams in may. I honestly believe that the braves will be in first place by memorial day
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,410
    Fixer, this Milton Bradley thing is the stupidest thing I've ever heard you say. Even dumber than saying RBI's don't mean anything. :shock: :P

Even Ibanez is a better player than Bradley, who has been egregiously overrated for years. Not to mention the whole nutcase thing.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    sweet baserunning.
    Fixer, this Milton Bradley thing is the stupidest thing I've ever heard you say. Even dumber than saying RBI's don't mean anything. :shock: :P

Even Ibanez is a better player than Bradley, who has been egregiously overrated for years. Not to mention the whole nutcase thing.

all I said was that I'd give him a shot. It wouldn't cost you anything. It doesn't have to be at Ibanez's expense (I disagree that ibanez is better than anyone in MLB at this point. he reminds me of pedro feliz offensively these days). you could send mayberry down, play bradley for a month, sit ibanez...if bradley sucks or acts up then you cut him. no harm done.

again, I'm not saying he's the answer, but I don't see a down side. he's gotta be better than ibanez
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,410
    The Fixer wrote:

all I said was that I'd give him a shot. It wouldn't cost you anything. It doesn't have to be at Ibanez's expense (I disagree that ibanez is better than anyone in MLB at this point. he reminds me of pedro feliz offensively these days). you could send mayberry down, play bradley for a month, sit ibanez...if bradley sucks or acts up then you cut him. no harm done.

again, I'm not saying he's the answer, but I don't see a down side. he's gotta be better than ibanez

The solution is to just play Mayberry or Brown or whoever if Ibanez is that bad. Bradley's OPS last year was .641. This year .669. That's terrible. I'm putting personality aside - he's horrible.

Last year Ibanez was .793. This year it's .613 in a small sample size.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
This discussion has been closed.