***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    Fixer, this Milton Bradley thing is the stupidest thing I've ever heard you say. Even dumber than saying RBI's don't mean anything. :shock: :P

Even Ibanez is a better player than Bradley, who has been egregiously overrated for years. Not to mention the whole nutcase thing.

all I said was that I'd give him a shot. It wouldn't cost you anything. It doesn't have to be at Ibanez's expense (I disagree that ibanez is better than anyone in MLB at this point. he reminds me of pedro feliz offensively these days). you could send mayberry down, play bradley for a month, sit ibanez...if bradley sucks or acts up then you cut him. no harm done.

again, I'm not saying he's the answer, but I don't see a down side. he's gotta be better than ibanez

The solution is to just play Mayberry or Brown or whoever if Ibanez is that bad. Bradley's OPS last year was .641. This year .669. That's terrible. I'm putting personality aside - he's horrible.

Last year Ibanez was .793. This year it's .613 in a small sample size.

so bradley's OPS this year counts, but ibanez's doesn't. OK, that makes a ton of sense. also, a trash can in LF would have as much range as ibanez (and a similar throwing arm)

the baserunning in this inning...howard, rollins, and polanco...has been some of the worst I've seen in a while. well, the worst since victorino/werth got picked off
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    took the lead....nice!

and since it was mentioned, here's the phils records vs winning teams in last 3 years:
    2010- 40-28
    2009- 40-36
    2008- 43-42

90 wins. 95 wins. 100 wins. i don't a shit. just get there and see where the chips fall. we'll be there guys.
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    took the lead....nice!

and since it was mentioned, here's the phils records vs winning teams in last 3 years:
    2010- 40-28
    2009- 40-36
    2008- 43-42

90 wins. 95 wins. 100 wins. i don't a shit. just get there and see where the chips fall. we'll be there guys.
    This team is fine and will be even better soon enough. You'd think we had the Nats record by reading this thread. 95-105 wins easily if healthy.
    Go Birds!!!!
    took the lead....nice!

2010- 40-28
    2009- 40-36
    2008- 43-42

This team is fine and will be even better soon enough. You'd think we had the Nats record by reading this thread. 95-105 wins easily if healthy.

seriously. with all the injuries, i'd okay with them hovering around .500 at this point, with reinforcements on the way. gotta love philly! :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    took the lead....nice!

2010- 40-28
    2009- 40-36
    2008- 43-42

seriously. with all the injuries, i'd okay with them hovering around .500 at this point, with reinforcements on the way. gotta love philly! :mrgreen:

my point is that it's not their record, it's the big picture. the expectations for this team are to win the entire thing...anything less will be a failed season. it's great that they can beat up the nats and mets but currently this offense and bullpen are not good enough to win it all.
    edited May 2011
    The Fixer wrote:

my point is that it's not their record, it's the big picture. the expectations for this team are to win the entire thing...anything less will be a failed season. it's great that they can beat up the nats and mets but currently this offense and bullpen are not good enough to win it all.

everyone is looking at the big picture man. it's fucking may 9th though. given their injuries and usual slow starts (last year excluded) i'm happy we've weathered the storm so well. give me a .500 month of may before 26 comes back and i will be fine with where they are at. again--i'm assuming ruben will go out and get us what we need at the deadline if it comes to that....like he always does.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,410
    The Fixer wrote:
    so bradley's OPS this year counts, but ibanez's doesn't. OK, that makes a ton of sense. also, a trash can in LF would have as much range as ibanez

the baserunning in this inning...howard, rollins, and polanco...has been some of the worst I've seen in a while. well, the worst since victorino/werth got picked off

Well they both have terrible OPS this year. But Bradley's was even more terrible last year. Forget about Ibanez for a minute. Bradley is worse than a replacement player. He has no business being on any major league roster, let alone a presumed title contender.

I think Worley needs to come in for a 7 inning save.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:
    so bradley's OPS this year counts, but ibanez's doesn't. OK, that makes a ton of sense. also, a trash can in LF would have as much range as ibanez

Well they both have terrible OPS this year. But Bradley's was even more terrible last year. Forget about Ibanez for a minute. Bradley is worse than a replacement player. He has no business being on any major league roster, let alone a presumed title contender.

I think Worley needs to come in for a 7 inning save.

ibanez is also worse than a replacement player.

all I said was that he could be worth signing. there's no risk involved and he's got more upside than any of the turd corner guys on their roster.

also, ross gload is awesome. wish he could play the OF
    Bradley is a cancer why would u wanna bring him to a team that is one? He'd be like TO in his 2nd year with the birds. Let the team get healthy and see who's out there later.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Bradley is a cancer why would u wanna bring him to a team that is one? He'd be like TO in his 2nd year with the birds. Let the team get healthy and see who's out there later.

your first sentence makes no sense. a team that is one what?

no risk, cut him if he acts up, more upside than anyone on the current roster, don't have to give up anything to get him, switch hits (which helps balance the lineup), better defensively than any other corner OFs they have. is that enough reasons?

again, I'm not saying I love bradley...just that I wouldn't mind them giving him a shot. the worst thing that happens is he pops off or sucks...then they just cut him
    The Fixer wrote:

your first sentence makes no sense. a team that is one what?

no risk, cut him if he acts up, more upside than anyone on the current roster, don't have to give up anything to get him, switch hits (which helps balance the lineup), better defensively than any other corner OFs they have. is that enough reasons?

again, I'm not saying I love bradley...just that I wouldn't mind them giving him a shot. the worst thing that happens is he pops off or sucks...then they just cut him

One as in One(a team that gets along)
    Go Birds!!!!
    you love milton bradley.

:lol:
    www.myspace.com
    you love milton bradley.

seriously. all I said was signing him wouldn't be a bad idea. sheesh
    The Fixer wrote:
    you love milton bradley.

Terrible idea. I'm reporting you to sea. :lol:

Worley is the man.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:
    you love milton bradley.

Terrible idea. I'm reporting you to sea. :lol:

Worley is the man.

it's probably not happening anyway

someone tell wheels it's possible that worley put water on his hat to keep his head cool. god he's annoying
    please tell me I didn't just hear an eagles chant

nice to start this road trip with a win. tomorrrow should be awesome. last time halladay faced JJ he shoved a no hitter up his ass
    The Fixer wrote:
    please tell me I didn't just hear an eagles chant

nice to start this road trip with a win. tomorrrow should be awesome. last time halladay faced JJ he shoved a no hitter up his ass

Next-to-last. 5 days later JJ shutout Doc & the Phils. Great pitching rivalry.

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,437
    The Fixer wrote:
    I want them to be a complete team that's capable of winning it all. right now they are far from that.

may will be a good test for them. like I said before...the offense sucks and people are in for a rude awakening once they start playing real teams in may. I honestly believe that the braves will be in first place by memorial day

ill take action on the Braves vs. Phils being in 1st place on memorial day.

fixer you are bi-polar. you bitched and moaned about not keeping halladay and lee together, we now have that but to have that something has to be sacrificed. offense is that sacrifice. basically you want werth or lee with this team? i'll take Lee and role my way to 95 wins easily.

and the Phils always go on a slide come inter-league play. happens every year like the weather changing. sit back, enjoy the 75 degrees and sunshine and marvel at this pitching staff and enjoy tonight's game.
    Does tonight's game go over 2 hours?

Here's an article about how horrible Milton Bradley is (was). Not even getting to his surliness - he's a really bad player, all around. Enjoy retirement.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/10444/about-time-mariners-dump-bradley

god i love pitching duels. can't wait to crack open some beers and enjoy this one tonight. won't be home till about 8:15 though--they'll probably be in the 7th inning when turn it on. :lol::lol:
    www.myspace.com

god i love pitching duels. can't wait to crack open some beers and enjoy this one tonight. won't be home till about 8:15 though--they'll probably be in the 7th inning when turn it on. :lol::lol:
    That's what i said to my buddy. What's on around 9 cause this game might be over ;)
    Go Birds!!!!
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    I want them to be a complete team that's capable of winning it all. right now they are far from that.

may will be a good test for them. like I said before...the offense sucks and people are in for a rude awakening once they start playing real teams in may. I honestly believe that the braves will be in first place by memorial day

ill take action on the Braves vs. Phils being in 1st place on memorial day.

fixer you are bi-polar. you bitched and moaned about not keeping halladay and lee together, we now have that but to have that something has to be sacrificed. offense is that sacrifice. basically you want werth or lee with this team? i'll take Lee and role my way to 95 wins easily.

and the Phils always go on a slide come inter-league play. happens every year like the weather changing. sit back, enjoy the 75 degrees and sunshine and marvel at this pitching staff and enjoy tonight's game.

they could have had two guys instead of giving howard that outrageous contract...werth and a first baseman

why are you bringing this up anyway? you're the one that doesn't like to talk about the future of the team. only the present matters to you
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876

That should be your new avatar the one about halfway down the page

;)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    this line made me laugh out loud.

[A pineapple scented gust blows through room. Shane Victorino suddenly appears on the next table.]

I may have told the story before, but me and some of my buddies saw victorino at chickies a few years back (before he started playing every day). he was drinking a strawberry daquiri (I was blown away by how gay this looked. actually I'm still blown away). it took us a while, but we convinced him to do a shot with us. he would only agree to a washington apple shot. then I felt gay. the moral of the story is that shane victorino is nowhere near as fun to drink with as larry anderson.

now I want a beer
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    Yeah, a girl who is a friend of mine had sex with him. And then I proceeded to bother her for every detail.

FYI - I leave for sweet, sweet Vegas in 3 days. Dear. Lord.

;)

the nurse? i'm trying to think of what that is from. she looks so familiar...
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989

;)

Nurse Jennifer. Saved By The Bell..

;)

Nurse Jennifer. Saved By The Bell..

BANG!

there it is. thanks....literally been thinking about that since i posted the link.
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.