***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    Does it really matter one way or the other? He's going to be here the entire season and gone in the offseason. That's all we DO know.

not necessarily. they have shown they will eat salary. I like ibanez, he seems like a good dude. that said, he's not good enough to start in a corner spot on a team with championship aspirations. I wouldn't mind seeing him continue to tank so it forces them to go out and get someone that doesn't suck.

I'd love josh willingham. and I've been talking myself into carlos beltran...I think he would be a perfect fit.

Even if he tanks, they won't bail on him. I don't see it happening. Plus, they most likely will get someone, but that won't be till the trade deadline because a) there's no reason to rush because they're winning at a .700 clip b) Utley will be back around the end of May so they'll give him time to see where he stands c) letting Dom Brown rehab, though that's not an offensive rescue.

They've got time to figure it out. Better to see what you've got than overreact.

Halladay now 10-0 against the Nats and Lannan 0-10 against the Phils. Ha.

yeah, I'm not saying the trade needs to happen tomorrow. just that if they want to win it all they are going to need an upgrade in LF/RF.

I def don't think dom brown is the answer. beltran and willingham are both FAs after this year. they'd be perfect
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    not necessarily. they have shown they will eat salary. I like ibanez, he seems like a good dude. that said, he's not good enough to start in a corner spot on a team with championship aspirations. I wouldn't mind seeing him continue to tank so it forces them to go out and get someone that doesn't suck.

I'd love josh willingham. and I've been talking myself into carlos beltran...I think he would be a perfect fit.

Even if he tanks, they won't bail on him. I don't see it happening. Plus, they most likely will get someone, but that won't be till the trade deadline because a) there's no reason to rush because they're winning at a .700 clip b) Utley will be back around the end of May so they'll give him time to see where he stands c) letting Dom Brown rehab, though that's not an offensive rescue.

They've got time to figure it out. Better to see what you've got than overreact.

Halladay now 10-0 against the Nats and Lannan 0-10 against the Phils. Ha.

yeah, I'm not saying the trade needs to happen tomorrow. just that if they want to win it all they are going to need an upgrade in LF/RF.

I def don't think dom brown is the answer. beltran and willingham are both FAs after this year. they'd be perfect

Definitely need at least one corner outfielder that they rely on consistently for production, yes. I'll take Willingham out of those two, but I would rather do that Pence trade that was thrown around here and other places. Maybe Quentin from Chicago if they continue to suck as well.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I don't know the specifics but why would HOU move Pence ?

Other than Ed Wade is their GM
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,410
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    didn't he hit his HR off of coffee? that guy doesn't throw that hard. that dude needs a manzier

Yea he does.

He stroked a single up the middle off a 98 mph fastball (not Coffee). It was sweet.

coffee doesn't throw hard.

let's relax here. ibanez goes 8-12 against the DC staff and everyone is content. don't be fooled...he is done

Sorry, I meant "yea he does" need a manzier. Of course.

Thing is, I knew he was staying in there no matter what (7th year of Charlie, we know how it goes), so I'm just happy to see him doing something. Lke JP says, he's gone next year anyhow.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    call me crazy, but beltran is my first choice. switch hitter, solid defense, could play LF or RF (even CF in a pinch), works counts, veteran playoff experience.

don't think the mets would be thrilled about moving him to phils, so that's probably a long shot.
    The Fixer wrote:
    call me crazy, but beltran is my first choice. switch hitter, solid defense, could play LF or RF (even CF in a pinch), works counts, veteran playoff experience.

don't think the mets would be thrilled about moving him to phils, so that's probably a long shot.

How long before he's hurt again though ?

I wouldn't want to depend on him through the season and playoffs

they need prospects. they're not winning anything any time soon. and their minor league system is terrible.

once they fall completely out of the race (which shouldn't be long), they will probably go into firesale mode
    The Fixer wrote:

they need prospects. they're not winning anything any time soon. and their minor league system is terrible.

once they fall completely out of the race (which shouldn't be long), they will probably go into firesale mode

Ok..I like Pence a lot

he seems like a goofy bastard the way he plays and the faces he makes

The Fixer wrote:

How long before he's hurt again though ?

I wouldn't want to depend on him through the season and playoffs

that's the one question mark. they could rest him here and there...wouldn't need to play him every day so he could rest.

I'd love to see him come here. then I could stare at the growth on his head for hours each night. what is that thing?
    The Fixer wrote:

I just don't trust that dudes knees. At. All. I don't want a guy who would be an injury liability. We already have one in Chase that we'd like to get over.(wathing him run on Sportsnite now, and through cones. It's giving me a boner. They say he's headed to Clearwater tomorrow.)

And the dude throwing hard was Henry Rodriguez. Pitch F/X has him at an average of 97 and topping out at 100.1

Coffey was at 91 and topping out at 92.

PP -here's the article I was on Pence. It's pretty good - http://www.brotherlyglove.com/?p=1683

If they're really in rebuilding mode, he's the only real legitimate chip that could bring them back some talent.
    The Fixer wrote:

I just don't trust that dudes knees. At. All. I don't want a guy who would be an injury liability. We already have one in Chase that we'd like to get over.(wathing him run on Sportsnite now, and through cones. It's giving me a boner. They say he's headed to Clearwater tomorrow.)

And the dude throwing hard was Henry Rodriguez. Pitch F/X has him at an average of 97 and topping out at 100.1

PP -here's the article I was on Pence. It's pretty good - http://www.brotherlyglove.com/?p=1683

If they're really in rebuilding mode, he's the only real legitimate chip that could bring them back some talent.

I hear you about beltrans knees. Quentin is a similar story.

May should be interesting. Looking forward to seeing some good teams on the schedule
    Yeah, man. May is going to be sweet. IF they win more than they lose, of course.

Speaking of thought of being washed up, did Berkman all of a sudden decide not to be a fat piece of crap anymore?
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,410
    The Fixer wrote:
    I hear you about beltrans knees. Quentin is a similar story.

May should be interesting. Looking forward to seeing some good teams on the schedule

Lowe vs. Lee tomorrow. And some hockey game.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Yeah, man. May is going to be sweet. IF they win more than they lose, of course.

Speaking of thought of being washed up, did Berkman all of a sudden decide not to be a fat piece of crap anymore?

I can't believe how well berkman is doing. then again, jeff francoeur has like 7 HRs. april stats don't mean anything. unless we're talking about howard's RBI total :?
    Damn. It's May and the Phils haven't even broke the 100 mark of runs allowed. Wow. Please, baby Jesus, don't let some stupid injuries F up this rotation.
    The Fixer wrote:

Aaaaaah nice find there on Pence

No brainer for me if they did it

Damn. It's May and the Phils haven't even broke the 100 mark of runs allowed. Wow. Please, baby Jesus, don't let some stupid injuries F up this rotation.

this rotation really is insane.

also, I still don't think mayberry is good. but I have to give amaro credit for flipping greg golson for him
    this is random, but anyone here been out to Red Rocks for a concert?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    The Fixer wrote:
    this is random, but anyone here been out to Red Rocks for a concert?

please stay on topic.
    www.myspace.com
    Red Rocks would be a good time, but no. You going out there?

thinking about it. buddy of mine from when I lived in florida moved out there. he wants me to head out for the MMJ show in august. I've been digging some of the MMJ stuff (of the 5 albums I have, It Still Moves is by far my favorite). I know there's a lot of talk about how great they are live, so I'm thinking about heading out there. Trip wouldn't cost much since I have a place to stay in denver. Never been to Denver and I've heard it's a good time (buddy says red rocks is cool as hell)

I'm leaning towards going. Really wish PJ would announce this 20th anniversary show so I can figure out if that's an option for me. Might be able to squeeze two trips in before the little one arrives :D
    The Fixer wrote:

thinking about it. buddy of mine from when I lived in florida moved out there. he wants me to head out for the MMJ show in august. I've been digging some of the MMJ stuff (of the 5 albums I have, It Still Moves is by far my favorite). I know there's a lot of talk about how great they are live, so I'm thinking about heading out there. Trip wouldn't cost much since I have a place to stay in denver. Never been to Denver and I've heard it's a good time (buddy says red rocks is cool as hell)

I'm leaning towards going. Really wish PJ would announce this 20th anniversary show so I can figure out if that's an option for me. Might be able to squeeze two trips in before the little one arrives :D

Dude, do it. I have already uttered that phrase that MMJ has passed PJ in the live show category. It pains me to say it sometimes.

It Still Moves is the bee's knees. Though I'm a fanboy of their shit just like PJ - I like all of it.
    The Fixer wrote:

Dude, do it. I have already uttered that phrase that MMJ has passed PJ in the live show category. It pains me to say it sometimes.

It Still Moves is the bee's knees. Though I'm a fanboy of their shit just like PJ - I like all of it.

Some of their stuff seems kinda emo to me...which I don't care for. I'm just getting into them though. A live show is always the real test for a band.

I'm leaning towards going. This time next year I will have no shot in hell of taking these types of trips
    And the new album is killer I think. Definitely seeing them when they come through. Who knows, maybe they hook up on this PJ20 fest too.

This video for Dondante is fucking sweet - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKSdls_LfPc

Yeah, MMJ is the complete antithesis of emo.
    And the new album is killer I think. Definitely seeing them when they come through. Who knows, maybe they hook up on this PJ20 fest too.

This video for Dondante is fucking sweet - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKSdls_LfPc

Yeah, MMJ is the complete antithesis of emo.

your last point is good to hear.

is the new album out yet?
    This reminds me.....gonna step out for a left-handed cigarette. :thumbup:
    And new album comes out May 31st - getting the Eddie album, blu-ray, and MMJ album. Gonna be a good day.

nice. my buddy had a party on saturday and I was hitting them. first time in a while for me.

wife got me a few books for my bday...including the All Encompassing Trip book. Wish I would have thought of that idea. Brilliant
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    The Fixer wrote:

nice. my buddy had a party on saturday and I was hitting them. first time in a while for me.

wife got me a few books for my bday...including the All Encompassing Trip book. Wish I would have thought of that idea. Brilliant

got that for christmas. i've read a solid 10 pages thus far. love books, i just never have time to read them...
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

got that for christmas. i've read a solid 10 pages thus far. love books, i just never have time to read them...

I read a lot more in the summer than I do the rest of the year. I have 5 or 6 books from xmas/bday that I will plow through at the in-laws shorehouse this summer.
This discussion has been closed.