***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    Phew. Well, not phew, because I hope his family is alright. But still there's the issue of his back. Hopefully at worst he just needs a shot like last year and he'll be good.
    And is this stupid game on CN8 again? A selfish part of me wants the Flyers and Sixers(of course they will) to lose so they stop screwing up my Phils watching.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    And is this stupid game on CN8 again? A selfish part of me wants the Flyers and Sixers(of course they will) to lose so they stop screwing up my Phils watching.

try ch.201
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613

do you have fios or something?

i'm thinking of switching to fios (hated it a few years ago but loved the multi room dvrs---how the hell does comcast not have this technology yet?) and this information would be helpful in making a decision....
    www.myspace.com

i'm thinking of switching to fios (hated it a few years ago but loved the multi room dvrs---how the hell does comcast not have this technology yet?) and this information would be helpful in making a decision....

Nah, where I'm stuck at right now we don't get Comcast or Fios. Some podunk hick company called Service Electric. The house is in a cul-de-sac and apparently right up the street everyone's having a great time with their Comcast and what not, but apparently it doesn't make sense from a financial standpoint for Comcast or Verizon to dig up the ground to wire 6 or 7 houses. Sucks.

Fios, though at first I was annoyed by it, really isn't that bad.

Nah, where I'm stuck at right now we don't get Comcast or Fios. Some podunk hick company called Service Electric. The house is in a cul-de-sac and apparently right up the street everyone's having a great time with their Comcast and what not, but apparently it doesn't make sense from a financial standpoint for Comcast or Verizon to dig up the ground to wire 6 or 7 houses. Sucks.

Fios, though at first I was annoyed by it, really isn't that bad.

that is awful.

yeah i just had issues with the picture freezing up from time to time and everytime i would call them for help, i would get put on hold for literally over an hour before someone would talk to me--and then proceed to transfer me. i've heard they are better with their customer service now though. i hated them back then. multi room dvr is awesome though.
    www.myspace.com
    somebody woke up the bats...
    www.myspace.com
    sarge is awesome. funny that jimmy apparently reads these stupid blogs:

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2011/04/di ... today.html

:lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

nice to finally score some runs against this stellar arizona pitching

the lineup blows. need utley back

I have to ask...how many TV shows do you watch?
    The Fixer wrote:

this is something that is of concern to you? why?
    www.myspace.com
    hey, back in first place! :thumbup: :lol:

...much needed off day. hopefully chooch doesn't have to go on the dl.
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,440
    The Fixer wrote:

do you wake up on sunny days and complain it's too bright? negadelphia personified :roll: :roll: :roll:
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,410
    Nice to see some runs - right on cue after my rants. ;)

Howard's 9th inning shot was a BOMB.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

do you wake up on sunny days and complain it's too bright? negadelphia personified :roll: :roll: :roll:

the same kinds of philly fans he hates, he emulates to perfection more times than not.

the fixer is quite the enigma. :lol:

god bless him though
    www.myspace.com
    sarge is awesome. funny that jimmy apparently reads these stupid blogs:

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2011/04/di ... today.html

:lol:

Dude, that's sweet.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,734
    Was an exciting morning at 2nd and Christian. Just as I was leaving for work.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/break ... _deli.html
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Crazy stuff.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Crazy stuff.

Yeah, man. Was pretty funny (I can say that since no one was hurt). Just as I was getting ready to leave I heard a massive crash, wasn't expecting to see a car in the deli.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Crazy stuff.

Yeah, man. Was pretty funny (I can say that since no one was hurt). Just as I was getting ready to leave I heard a massive crash, wasn't expecting to see a car in the deli.

How is that place? Looks overpriced. Definitely gonna be now I guess...

If you should have to take a driving test when your 16 to get your license then you should have to take a driving test once you hit 70. And I don't get why people who are handicapped are allowed to drive - especially when vehicular accidents are as commonplace as they are. When I'm a senior citizen(if I ever get there, praying that I don't) I'm taking full advantage of being old and the benefits that come with it - ala Uncle Leo in the bookstore.
    How is that place? Looks overpriced. Definitely gonna be now I guess...

If you should have to take a driving test when your 16 to get your license then you should have to take a driving test once you hit 70. And I don't get why people who are handicapped are allowed to drive - especially when vehicular accidents are as commonplace as they are. When I'm a senior citizen(if I ever get there, praying that I don't) I'm taking full advantage of being old and the benefits that come with it - ala Uncle Leo in the bookstore.

It's good but definitely overpriced and they are increidbly slow. I think it actually already closed though. It hasn't been open in 3 weeks or so. It has barely been open a year and might be closed already. We'll see what happens after this.

No doubt. The old guy who was driving walked away from the car, and he could barely walk. He definitely should not have been driving under any circumstance.
    The Fixer wrote:

can't imagine having 2 DVRs. just saying you talk about TV a lot.
    Um, are you fuckers aware of Lebowski Fest coming up?

http://www.lebowskifest.com/UpcomingFes ... fault.aspx
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, apparently everything awesome is happening that weekend and I have to be in a wedding down in Cape May instead.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, apparently everything awesome is happening that weekend and I have to be in a wedding down in Cape May instead.

Yeah, that blows. Roots are at Festival Pier that day too.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, that blows. Roots are at Festival Pier that day too.

Yes, and College rugby 7's Nationals at PPL Field, My Morning Jacket at Mountain Jam in NY. Blast this stupid wedding.
    Yes, and College rugby 7's Nationals at PPL Field, My Morning Jacket at Mountain Jam in NY. Blast this stupid wedding.

Ahh, yeah, forgot about the rugby. Sounds like it is going to be a party down there for the rugby. Was thinking about doing Mountain Jam but never pulled the trigger.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Ahh, yeah, forgot about the rugby. Sounds like it is going to be a party down there for the rugby. Was thinking about doing Mountain Jam but never pulled the trigger.

Yeah, Dropkick Murphy's are playing a free show outside the place. I think theyre overrated - immensely - but it's still a good time. I might try and squeeze out of some things and go on Sunday.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, Dropkick Murphy's are playing a free show outside the place. I think theyre overrated - immensely - but it's still a good time. I might try and squeeze out of some things and go on Sunday.

Yeah I was trying to think of who was playing. I know nothing about them, probably have heard 3 or 4 songs. Sounds like its going to be a good time though.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

can't imagine having 2 DVRs. just saying you talk about TV a lot.

i never watch anything i dvr cuz i'm always in the basement watching the phils or something. rather than fall to sleep in my bed watching seinfeld reruns i could catch up on new stuff or a movie i always miss with the multi room one.

....when have we talked about tv though? :? other than that killing show (which i've still only seen 2 episodes of) i can't think of anything else.

i do remember you actually creating 2 tv show threads recently though. :think: :lol:
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.