***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    Yeah, I just posted right before you did on one article I linked to through MLBTR - I'd do Pence for Cosart, Domingo Santana, Mathieson, Mayberry of the three options that were proposed hypothetically.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Ah, I'm reading the article now - http://www.brotherlyglove.com/?p=1683

I would make any of those three proposed deals, especially the first one. Even though, Fixer, I know how you love you some Cosart.

I prefer colvin to cosart. I'd probably make that trade. the phils are in win-now mode
    that was a missle
    The Fixer wrote:
    that was a missle

Though this team will struggle with runs until they improve the lineup, they're still going to rake once it gets hot. A lot of balls were hit pretty hard this season that would definitely have been out had it been June/July/August.

And, yes, that was bomb.
    It's hilarious when Pelfrey gets pissed/frustrated.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    It's hilarious when Pelfrey gets pissed/frustrated.
    QFT
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

those kinds of plays should NEVER happen. victorino makes a lot of dumb plays
    can't believe that went out. hate to say it, but cbp is a joke

kong is having a night. love smoking the mets
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    The Fixer wrote:
    can't believe that went out. hate to say it, but cbp is a joke

kong is having a night. love smoking the mets

I think baseball stats in general are skewed

No other sport where the field of play varies from city to city

So many guys have benefited playing in certain stadiums for years
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    How about THAT for the great R6 debate?

I've been away for the week, not able to watch the Phils :shock:
    It is so nice to come home to a game like this one.
    Only would have been better with a shut out :D
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,734
    New spot around the corner from me, Catahoula, a New Orleans inspired spot. Great stuff, check it out. Highly highly recommended.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    all aboard. r6... in process of heating up again... :mrgreen: salley jesse looked great last night.

hunter pence to philly rumors? are these legit? he's just what we need.

zolecki was saying 26 could be back by end of may. that would be nice.
    www.myspace.com
    all aboard. r6... in process of heating up again... :mrgreen: salley jesse looked great last night.

funny that every time howard hits a home run that he is 'heating up' or 'finding his stroke' :lol::lol::lol:. Lefty on the hill for the mets today, so this won't last long
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,440
    The Fixer wrote:

funny that every time howard hits a home run that he is 'heating up' or 'finding his stroke' :lol::lol::lol:. Lefty on the hill for the mets today, so this won't last long

funny how every time he strikes out a few times you talk about how much he sucks and is overpaid. all time phillies record for rbis in april. i guess he doesn't really need chase in front of him now does he? and do any of the other 4th hitters in the league have a worse 3rd and 5th hitter in front and back of him this year?
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

funny how every time he strikes out a few times you talk about how much he sucks and is overpaid. all time phillies record for rbis in april. i guess he doesn't really need chase in front of him now does he? and do any of the other 4th hitters in the league have a worse 3rd and 5th hitter in front and back of him this year?

haha...yeah it was also the .428 average over the last week to go along with the 3 homers in two games that lead to my comment. but who's counting? oh, fixer...is it so far fetched to think there's a part of him upset that the phils just had their best april ever without chase in the lineup? :lol::lol: ....i'm only kidding, kind of.

obviously the schedule is a factor and the offense hasn't been hitting on all cylinders yet, but 18-8 is just a phenomenal start. up until last year, with or without injuries/against, against poor or good competition, this team always got off to a slow start.

how bout a sweep today?

GO PHILS.
    www.myspace.com
    by the way brookover's article about halladay and pitch counts is awesome.

i think the dreaded pitch count and how a manger treats it as gospel is one of the main reasons this game was better when we were all kids...
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Not to mention that R6's defense has been pretty damn good. Some people will never give certain players the respect they deserve it's a Philly thing. I guarantee if Chase was here all year and Howard wasn't are record wouldn't be as good as it is. Tonight should be a good night calling for a Lee complete game tonight. :D
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,410

i think the dreaded pitch count and how a manger treats it as gospel is one of the main reasons this game was better when we were all kids...

Yup loved that article, especially the part rebuking Pat Jordan. :D

Guy I work with has a kid in Little League. There are actually mandated pitch counts now. :roll:

We're going to the Sly Fox bock fest & goat race today, and my uncle got free tixx to Neil Young tonight! Woohoo!!!

Was just mowing my lawn and I fell into my window well - could've been out for the count but I got lucky. What an idiot.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    If any of you guys are in the city for the run today, stop by Liberties, benefit for a buddy whos dad recently died of mesothelioma. Open bar and lots of Phillies/Flyers raffles.

I also don't know about baseball being better when we were kids but that's a whole new debate. I think the game is in a pretty good spot right now.
    We're going to the Sly Fox bock fest & goat race today, and my uncle got free tixx to Neil Young tonight! Woohoo!!!

Really wanted to go to Neil Young last night or tonight, but tickets were just too damn expensive.

Yup loved that article, especially the part rebuking Pat Jordan. :D

Guy I work with has a kid in Little League. There are actually mandated pitch counts now. :roll:

Was just mowing my lawn and I fell into my window well - could've been out for the count but I got lucky. What an idiot.

pitching counts have lead to pitchers being conditioned to only throwing a certain amount of pitches each time out....that combined with expansion = the overwhelming amount of slop pitchers in mlb right now....makes no sense that pitchers routinely threw complete games 20 years ago and now it's considered a good outing if they make it through 6. oh well..

you got yourself a day man. enjoy it. i'm gonna be mulching and shit the rest of the afternoon. :roll: :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    The USA chant is awesome. I mean I wanna watch the news, but it's tied in the ninth...
    The USA chant is awesome. I mean I wanna watch the news, but it's tied in the ninth...

Yep, there is nothing more important than May baseball.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

oh pleasseeee! Lighten up, it was a joke, of course I'm watching in between batters. Not like the coverage is going to stop anytime soon!
    :lol:
  • Chip McFlenniganChip McFlennigan Posts: 1,162
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

oh pleasseeee! Lighten up, it was a joke, of course I'm watching in between batters. Not like the coverage is going to stop anytime soon!
    :lol:

Funny, I was at the game yesterday.

No USA chants.

Plenty of AMERICA chants, though. Peeps love me.

Halladay is my boy.
    I knew it all along, see?
    HOT glasses, Johnny.
  • Chip McFlenniganChip McFlennigan Posts: 1,162
    HOT glasses, Johnny.

Thanks.

If you were a little uglier in your pic, I'd ask your A/S/L.

;)
    :|
    :cry:
    I knew it all along, see?
    This offense sucks. Best part of tonight was watching utley run around the bases
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,440

i was at the game. was amazing to watch the news spread. when the chants 1st started our section didn't have any word yet, we were wondering what the hell was going on. was amazing to see the people's reactions as word spread. of course then all cell reception was jammed as everyone tried to get news on the Iphone's and Droids. thought the phils should have put something up on the scoreboard about it. only thing they really did was show a couple of people in USA baseball jerseys. was neat finding out in a public place like that. something i'll never forget.
    pjhawks wrote:

i was at the game. was amazing to watch the news spread. when the chants 1st started our section didn't have any word yet, we were wondering what the hell was going on. was amazing to see the people's reactions as word spread. of course then all cell reception was jammed as everyone tried to get news on the Iphone's and Droids. thought the phils should have put something up on the scoreboard about it. only thing they really did was show a couple of people in USA baseball jerseys. was neat finding out in a public place like that. something i'll never forget.

that had to be great. i was wondering if they put up a message on the board or something.

fucking awesome night.
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.