***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,410
    Howard clearly had a huge hit in last night's game, and 2 HUGE RBI's. Which, of course, didn't mean anything, right?

Cole Hamels' SoCal ERA must be better than Sandy Koufax's. 8-)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Howard clearly had a huge hit in last night's game, and 2 HUGE RBI's. Which, of course, didn't mean anything, right?

Cole Hamels' SoCal ERA must be better than Sandy Koufax's. 8-)
    Run's aren't important in baseball didn't u get the memo.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,734
    Howard had 2 rbis and pujols had none last night, howard is clearly the better player
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    BOOM.

big 2 rbi double in the 11th. ;)

this team knows how to win. bottom line.

go. phils.
    www.myspace.com
    Aww man, I thought this place would be buzzing. What was everyone doing on a Saturday night???

What a night for the Great Ryan Howard Debate!

Fixer & JP can say - wow, he sucks, he had 2 straight Golden Sombreros! His WAR is, like, -30.

Hawks, Jeags & everyone else can say - um, yeah, look at that, he won another game - and DO NOT intentionally walk the 3-hitter to pitch to him. And he's tied for 2nd in baseball with 19 RBI's.

Fixer & JP: but that's only because J-Roll keeps leaving guys on base for R6 to drive in. And RBI's don't mean anything anyway. Look at his WAR. And his slow-ass got thrown out at the plate. They'd be better off with Jorge Cantu.

Everyone else: :roll:

There, it's all done - thank me for taking care of today's argument. :lol:

Everybody wins! :D (including the Phillies, somehow...)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Aww man, I thought this place would be buzzing. What was everyone doing on a Saturday night???

Fixer & JP can say - wow, he sucks, he had 2 straight Golden Sombreros! His WAR is, like, -30.

Hawks, Jeags & everyone else can say - um, yeah, look at that, he won another game - and DO NOT intentionally walk the 3-hitter to pitch to him. And he's tied for 2nd in baseball with 19 RBI's.

Fixer & JP: but that's only because J-Roll keeps leaving guys on base for R6 to drive in. And RBI's don't mean anything anyway. Look at his WAR. And his slow-ass got thrown out at the plate. They'd be better off with Jorge Cantu.

Lol,i'd say that about hits the nail on the head!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,440

great summary. only thing i'll add is Bud Black should be fired on the spot for walking Jimmy i-have-2-rbi's-in 20 fn games to pitch to Ryan Howard. my god what an awful move. i laughed out loud watching him walk J-roll.

pretty funny. although i would prefer not to lumped together with pjhawks. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    The Howard issue aside this team still needs another bat

Utley coming back will help but I dont expect him to be the Utley of 3 years ago..no way

Plus, once he's back I bet he goes out again with this nagging issue..they can't depend on him being there the rest of the season when he comes back
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Joe Blanton or DiceK

Take your pick. ESPN style.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925

Utley coming back will help but I dont expect him to be the Utley of 3 years ago..no way

Plus, once he's back I bet he goes out again with this nagging issue..they can't depend on him being there the rest of the season when he comes back

with any luck dom brown comes back and helps out in the 2nd half....if not, need to make a move for a right handed stick at some point. they have pieces to accomplish that.
    www.myspace.com

with any luck dom brown comes back and helps out in the 2nd half....if not, need to make a move for a right handed stick at some point. they have pieces to accomplish that.

I hope so...it's getting painful to watch Raul

At least he shaved the beard

:lol:

But do they have the cash without trading Blanton?
    Go Birds!!!!

But do they have the cash without trading Blanton?

....i'm hoping he continues to pitch as well as he has the last two out ;)
    www.myspace.com
    http://www.twitvid.com/V9R1G

awful...but kinda funny

"alight tom, MUFF...back to you." :lol:
    www.myspace.com

awful...but kinda funny

:wtf: :lol:

Looked like a home game last night

awful...but kinda funny

Phillies fans are traveling like Eagles fans now gotta love that.
    Go Birds!!!!

pretty funny. although i would prefer not to lumped together with pjhawks. :lol:

yes would be quite a burden to be right all the time like i am :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

awful...but kinda funny

Phillies fans are traveling like Eagles fans now gotta love that.

Pretty crazy

Thats a road trip I wouldnt mind taking

:thumbup:

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,830
    Woo-Hoo! :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    5 in a row...

3 to 4 runs a game, that's all we need with this rotation.

contreras to the dl though. oh boy....
    www.myspace.com

Yeah, really. :roll:

At least I hate Jeff Carter's guts.

Yeah, really. :roll:

At least I hate Jeff Carter's guts.

a Nova guy and a Temple guy - not missing anything being lumped with you two either :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Bastardo really picking it up. was darn good in this series although the Padres are horrible. guy has a big arm. this guy could be the next Madson. soft for a few years then a light goes on and just becomes lights out. love to see him get to that point, espcially over romero.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    5 in a row...

contreras to the dl though. oh boy

I was going to say this was a blessing in disguise - just as long as Contreras comes back in full health - if it meant bringing Stutes up and that's exactly what's happening. Looking forward to seeing this dude get some Major League time.
    5 in a row...

contreras to the dl though. oh boy

I was going to say this was a blessing in disguise - just as long as Contreras comes back in full health - if it meant bringing Stutes up and that's exactly what's happening. Looking forward to seeing this dude get some Major League time.

yeah i am excited about seeing stutes too...contreras is old as fuck though. i'm just worried he's not gonna be the same when he comes back.

big week ahead. have to take care of the dbags and mets...gotta pad the record before hitting may's rough schedule.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Anyone ready to agree with me that the offense stinks? Ian Kennedy...really??? Only guy on this team that knows how to work a count is Chooch. Tough to watch. This team hasn't even faced any good pitching yet.

They need utley back. The SP is masking a lot of issues right now. Their April schedule is a joke. I think a lot of people here are in for a rude awekening come May/June.

As for Howard...Ludwick looked like greg lewis trying to catch a punt on that 'double' the other night. that was a sad display of MLB OF play. the fact that adrian gonzalez got less money (per year) than howard is criminal. After the series howard had, I don't blame bud black for walking rollins to get to him (some of those ABs were painful). The mistake was having Luebke throw a fastball...that was stupid

glad to see this team squeaking by the cupcakes they've played thusfar, but I think trouble is ahead (offense sucks, bullpen issues, utley's status, defense not as good as years past with ibanez/francisco in the corners). I said 93 wins before the season started. I think they will struggle to get to that number.
    The Fixer wrote:
    Anyone ready to agree with me that the offense stinks? Ian Kennedy...really??? Only guy on this team that knows how to work a count is Chooch. Tough to watch. This team hasn't even faced any good pitching yet.

They need utley back. The SP is masking a lot of issues right now. Their April schedule is a joke. I think a lot of people here are in for a rude awekening come May/June.

As for Howard...Ludwick looked like greg lewis trying to catch a punt on that 'double' the other night. that was a sad display of MLB OF play. the fact that adrian gonzalez got less money (per year) than howard is criminal. After the series howard had, I don't blame bud black for walking rollins to get to him (some of those ABs were painful). The mistake was having Luebke throw a fastball...that was stupid

glad to see this team squeaking by the cupcakes they've played thusfar, but I think trouble is ahead (offense sucks, bullpen issues, utley's status, defense not as good as years past with ibanez/francisco in the corners). I said 93 wins before the season started. I think they will struggle to get to that number.

I pretty much agree with you here. The offense is horrendous. Pitching has been masking the problems, but it could get ugly when they play somebody good.

I'm ready for a "replacement player" to "replace" Ibanez, because he's worse than a replacement player. Huge hole in the middle of the lineup.

I thought it was funny that the Phils were ranked #1 in ESPN's power rankings. MLB must really suck.

The Fixer wrote:

I pretty much agree with you here. The offense is horrendous. Pitching has been masking the problems, but it could get ugly when they play somebody good.

I'm ready for a "replacement player" to "replace" Ibanez, because he's worse than a replacement player. Huge hole in the middle of the lineup.

I thought it was funny that the Phils were ranked #1 in ESPN's power rankings. MLB must really suck.

anyone remember the epic slump of 2006 with chase utley batting 3rd the whole time? shut out in 5 straight games, i think it was? this team goes through these kinds of slumps.every.single.year. luckily they have the best rotation in baseball where 3-4 runs will get them a win most nights now.

the offense can't possibly be as good as it was in the past without werth and 26 in the lineup. we knew that going in. but it's not going to be like this all season guys. just hold the fort till 26 comes back. if 93 wins gets you in, who cares if you have to struggle to get there? i sure as hell don't. just get to the dance and see what happens. need some wins this week before the rough stretch of may though...

all that said, ibanez is slop. has been for the most part since his july of 2009.
    www.myspace.com
    Phillies are hitting .200 in their last 14 games, ave of 2.8 runs
    :x

The problem is that this lineup is pretty much performing to their expectations. It's really not a good offensive team by any stretch. 2006-09 are a long way off. I don't know if Utley will even make that much of a difference.

Gonna be a lot more 2 hour games this year. Which isn't the worst thing ever, especially when you bring a baby to the game. :lol: (of course we have tixx for Friday - Pelfrey vs. Blanton :roll: )

This discussion has been closed.