***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    pjhawks wrote:
    The USA chant is awesome. I mean I wanna watch the news, but it's tied in the ninth...

i was at the game. was amazing to watch the news spread. when the chants 1st started our section didn't have any word yet, we were wondering what the hell was going on. was amazing to see the people's reactions as word spread. of course then all cell reception was jammed as everyone tried to get news on the Iphone's and Droids. thought the phils should have put something up on the scoreboard about it. only thing they really did was show a couple of people in USA baseball jerseys. was neat finding out in a public place like that. something i'll never forget.

that had to be great. i was wondering if they put up a message on the board or something.

fucking awesome night.
    I was thinking the same thing. Would have loved to see the reaction after putting the news up in lights on the big board. Very awesome either way.

This was the scene at PSU last night, if anyone is interested. Pretty crazy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... XjpA#at=31
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    pjhawks wrote:

i was at the game. was amazing to watch the news spread. when the chants 1st started our section didn't have any word yet, we were wondering what the hell was going on. was amazing to see the people's reactions as word spread. of course then all cell reception was jammed as everyone tried to get news on the Iphone's and Droids. thought the phils should have put something up on the scoreboard about it. only thing they really did was show a couple of people in USA baseball jerseys. was neat finding out in a public place like that. something i'll never forget.

that had to be great. i was wondering if they put up a message on the board or something.

fucking awesome night.
    I was thinking the same thing. Would have loved to see the reaction after putting the news up in lights on the big board. Very awesome either way.

This was the scene at PSU last night, if anyone is interested. Pretty crazy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... XjpA#at=31

what's fucked is a lot of those kids are so young they can probably just barely remember 2011. :shock:
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    What a day yesterday...did the Broad Street Run - and lived - tailgated in FDR in some bee-yoo-tee-full weather, then the Phils game. And I can't believe how fucking stupid this country is. Awesome. We killed a guy that may or may have not been dead for all we know this whole time. Cool. Now there's closure? Gimme a break. This changes nothing. And that fuckin' Lee Greenwood song. Jesus. Christ.
    And I can't believe how fucking stupid this country is. Awesome. We killed a guy that may or may have not been dead for all we know this whole time. Cool. Now there's closure? Gimme a break. This changes nothing. And that fuckin' Lee Greenwood song. Jesus. Christ.

sorry man. the only thing i agree with you here is that song sucks! :lol:

and, i'm not stupid.
    www.myspace.com
    And I can't believe how fucking stupid this country is. Awesome. We killed a guy that may or may have not been dead for all we know this whole time. Cool. Now there's closure? Gimme a break. This changes nothing. And that fuckin' Lee Greenwood song. Jesus. Christ.

and, i'm not stupid.

I hope you feel better that some rich dude is dead when someone else will take his place. I felt like I was at a NASCAR race.
    also last night before ibanez was coming up with the bases loaded (9th inning? i forget the game was so long).....bobby valentine says smirkly: "and they're booing raul ibanez before he even steps into the box."
    do your homework you f-cking tool. :roll:
    www.myspace.com

and, i'm not stupid.

I hope you feel better that some rich dude is dead when someone else will take his place. I felt like I was at a NASCAR race.

i do, thank you.
    www.myspace.com
    Welp, all I know is this is the biggest boost to Obama having a chance of being re-elected. So that's cool.
    Welp, all I know is this is the biggest boost to Obama having a chance of being re-elected. So that's cool.

...even if this didn't happen, even with his approvals at all time lows, there is literally nobody on the other side would could beat him.

by the way--thanks for getting that stupid song stuck in my head :x :lol:
    www.myspace.com

...even if this didn't happen, even with his approvals at all time lows, there is literally nobody on the other side would could beat him.

by the way--thanks for getting that stupid song stuck in my head :x :lol:

My girlfriend's alarm clock went off this morning, and whatever station it was on, blaring that song. I was going to pull my ears off and pluck my eyeballs out.
    Lastfm_LeeGreenwood.jpg
    www.myspace.com
    Sweet. Now all we need is some pick-up trucks, Budweiser, NASCAR hats/jackets, and....oh, some Toby Keith and Angelo Cataldi.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,410
    You know JP, my initial gut reaction was kind of similar to yours. But, this is the guy who plotted and killed thousands of Americans, and we should be happy he's dead. Obviously the war on terror is nowhere near over, and getting on an airplane is worse than ever. But it's something.

So they replace Joe Morgan with Bobby Valentine. Way to go ESPN. :roll: Sounds like my company's succession of CEO's...
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    You know JP, my initial gut reaction was kind of similar to yours. But, this is the guy who plotted and killed thousands of Americans, and we should be happy he's dead. Obviously the war on terror is nowhere near over, and getting on an airplane is worse than ever. But it's something.

So they replace Joe Morgan with Bobby Valentine. Way to go ESPN. :roll: Sounds like my company's succession of CEO's...

i'm fine with shulman (reminds me of a younger sean mcdonough) and okay with hershiser.....but valentine is awful
    www.myspace.com

No, I get all that, but I just don't see it as some momentous occasion, especially to bring some closure to what happened 10 years ago. I guess I'll never see it as a changing point, because things will continue to be bad, if not worse.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,440
    What a day yesterday...did the Broad Street Run - and lived - tailgated in FDR in some bee-yoo-tee-full weather, then the Phils game. And I can't believe how fucking stupid this country is. Awesome. We killed a guy that may or may have not been dead for all we know this whole time. Cool. Now there's closure? Gimme a break. This changes nothing. And that fuckin' Lee Greenwood song. Jesus. Christ.

I respect the fact that you are entitled to your opinion, as are the rest of us. some of us it's personal. i didn't lose anyone that day, but had a few very close people close to the situation. the emotions of that day and the days following will never be forgotten. i got to hang out for a bit with a nyc fireman about 2 weeks after that day, he is married to one of my best friends sisters and his wife brought him down to philly area just to get him away. the look on his face, what we saw, what he experienced, i'll never forget that look, so to me, yes it makes me happy that this mass murderer is now dead.

and now if Raul could only get a base hit soon...

No, I get all that, but I just don't see it as some momentous occasion, especially to bring some closure to what happened 10 years ago. I guess I'll never see it as a changing point, because things will continue to be bad, if not worse.

the dude was the mastermind of the day that destroyed over 3,000 lives and ultimately did irreparable harm to this country on so many different levels. us killing him definitely represents closure and justice finally being done to me. obviously this doesn't make everything in the world right again. but, to me, yeah it represents a sense of closure.

i'd probably feel different if one of those drones got him or if he died of natural causes though...
    www.myspace.com
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,410
    Anyone think we'll now be remembered as "The Fans That Spontaneously Broke into a USA Chant When Bin Laden was Killed" instead of "The Fans That Threw Snowballs at Santa Claus?" Doubt it. :roll:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,440
    Anyone think we'll now be remembered as "The Fans That Spontaneously Broke into a USA Chant When Bin Laden was Killed" instead of "The Fans That Threw Snowballs at Santa Claus?" Doubt it. :roll:

David Wright gives us some props:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/mlb/story/2 ... laden-news
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067

the dude was the mastermind of the day that destroyed over 3,000 lives and ultimately did irreparable harm to this country on so many different levels. us killing him definitely represents closure and justice finally being done to me. obviously this doesn't make everything in the world right again. but, to me, yeah it represents a sense of closure.

i'd probably feel different if one of those drones got him or if he died of natural causes though...
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    The atmosphere in the ballpark last night must have been electric. Props to the Phils fans. Also, the exchange between the Phillie Phanatic and Bobby V before the game was priceless. He's like a cartoon character at this point.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    pjhawks wrote:

David Wright gives us some props:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/mlb/story/2 ... laden-news
    8-)
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• canoegirlcanoegirl Posts: 295
    Im hoping its going to be a good year for the phillies, horses running :)
  • canoegirlcanoegirl Posts: 295
    wink wink ;)
    canoegirl wrote:
    Im hoping its going to be a good year for the phillies, horses running :)

me too
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    R6 broke the most overrated record in Phillies history this month of April........RBI's :shock:
    And Polly broke the record for most hits.
    Go Birds!!!!
    R6 broke the most overrated record in Phillies history this month of April........RBI's :shock:

no matter what you think of rbi's it's pretty incredible he did that with all the slumping going on up and down this lineup.

i'll tell you a little something about zip codes.....they're meaningless :lol::lol::lol:
    www.myspace.com

no matter what you think of rbi's it's pretty incredible he did that with all the slumping going on up and down this lineup.

i'll tell you a little something about zip codes.....they're meaningless :lol::lol::lol:
    Nothing can be more pointless is baseball then a RBI,i mean scoring isn't that important. Breaking team records is overrated especially when the franchise is new. :lol:
    Go Birds!!!!

Nothing can be more pointless is baseball then a RBI,i mean scoring isn't that important. Breaking team records is overrated especially when the franchise is new. :lol:

what section were you in the other week in the hof club? i'm gonna be in 226 on wednesday. right behind home plate. pretty stoked about it
    www.myspace.com
    Section 220 great seats,u can see everything. I'll be in section 113 on friday night to see Cliff Lee on the hill. Ruben Amaro walked right by me when we were there.
    Go Birds!!!!
This discussion has been closed.