***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,966
    This is irrelevant, but Metsfan, the Phils "sucked" up until 05-06? Rrrrright. They've been one of the most consistent winning teams since '01. Just haven't gotten over the hump to the playoff until '07. This coming from a Mets fan. Dude, seriously? You guys won in '86 and have tasted as much of the playoffs as us since then. Seriously, you're a Mets fan, futility is in your blood more than ours.

Anyway - 7 MORE WINS BOYS!
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I WON THE DRAWING FOR PHILLIES TICKETS !!!!

:P

Sunday's Game I pulled up Sec 110 Row 29 Seats 15-16

I'm so stoked I never win these things !

8-)

I have tix for all 3 home games. sunday is night is gonna be nasty...like game 5 of the WS last year, which was freezing
    edited October 2009
    it's gonna be weird to root for the phillies if they play the yankees in the world series. i'd rather see the phils win it cause i wont have to deal phillies fans around here like i do with yankee fans.[/quote]
    you will burn and i will lite u :D Your never aloud to wish good for us in less it helps out your team. ball busting isnt worth your division rival winning anything. I wouldn't ever wish good on the MUTS in less it helped out the phillies. U better root for anyone but us or u have failed as a fan.[/quote]when you get shit for wearing your favorite teams gear in your own damn town or city you'll understand why i hate the yankees more than anything in the world. do you know what it's like to listen to sports talk radio up here in ny these days. it's pure flat out fucking shit bro. yankee this, yankee that. when is joba gonna be a starting pitcher, can cc pitch on 3 days rest. i'm starting to listen to talk radio these days.

this met/phils hate only started a few years ago cause espn and fox wanted a new rivalry and cause a few players on both sides started talking shit. you guys sucked for bout 10-15 years until 05-06. you can't deny that at all. for most of my life I've hated the braves and still do more than anythin besides the yankees. i cant tell you the many curse words i said to rocker during those 99 and 00 playoffs out in leftfield at shea or the many larry chants i did when chipper jones cam up to bat. i can't say that bout any phillies players, now can i. if the yanks and phils make it to the world series i will proudly root for the phils. hell i'll even buy a shitload of yankees suck tshirts and sell em around the spectrum parking lot for 5 bucks and donate the money to wishlist foundation. I'm sure they would sell like hotcakes.[/quote]

660 is 10 million times better than any local sports station we have in philly. I love listening to mike francessa...he is a walking sports encyclopedia.

and who cares about 10-15 years ago. the phils have been good for the last 3 years (and had winning records for 5 years before they finally made the playoffs 3 years ago). The mets suck.

and this is a phils thread...we don't care about the mets come october. now scram
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    metsfan wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

can't believe manuel is throwing pedro is game 2...dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb. now he would be slated to throw games 2 and 6. I would feel much more confident with blanton starting those 2 games.

I don't understand the confidence in pedro...he has pitched once in the last month and he isn't that good to begin with.

makes zero sense to me.

at least they left kendrick off the roster
    cause pedro does good in warm weather. his offspeed stuff is better in the sun than the cold and cause pedro loves that dodger stadium mound. pedro is also money in the playoffs. also the dodgers basically treated him like traded and exiled him to canada. that's why it makes sense to start pedro.

he was money in the playoffs 5-10 years ago. in case you haven't noticed, he isn't the same pitcher (as a mets fan you should know this all too well).

blanton would be the smart choice for games 2 and 6...not soul glow
    I seem to be in the minority on this board. I think pedro gets shelled today. I still don't know why he is pitching today.

Phils can still win though with Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde on the bump for the Dodgers.

They got the split they needed...a win today is gravy
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    This is irrelevant, but Metsfan, the Phils "sucked" up until 05-06? Rrrrright. They've been one of the most consistent winning teams since '01. Just haven't gotten over the hump to the playoff until '07. This coming from a Mets fan. Dude, seriously? You guys won in '86 and have tasted as much of the playoffs as us since then. Seriously, you're a Mets fan, futility is in your blood more than ours.

Why are we talking about the fucking Mets or Yankess in this thread ?!?!?!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Who gives a shit about NY TEAMS !

We need a good 7 innings from Pedro today...let's hope the revenge factor works out
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    The Fixer wrote:
    I WON THE DRAWING FOR PHILLIES TICKETS !!!!

Sunday's Game I pulled up Sec 110 Row 29 Seats 15-16

I'm so stoked I never win these things !

8-)

I have tix for all 3 home games. sunday is night is gonna be nasty...like game 5 of the WS last year, which was freezing

According to my Doppler Radar it's going to clear out Sunday by 8pm...

http://www.accuweather.com/us/pa/philad ... hbhhour=15

We need a good 7 innings from Pedro today...let's hope the revenge factor works out

you are kidding yourself if you think pedro is going 7. I'll be happy with 3 ER thru 5
    The Fixer wrote:

you are kidding yourself if you think pedro is going 7. I'll be happy with 3 ER thru 5

I didn't say he IS going 7..I said we NEED a good 7 from him

Let the Pen chill for a game

Which brings me to who closes the 9th if we're ahead ? Lidge on back-to-back games has been terrible

We need a good 7 innings from Pedro today...let's hope the revenge factor works out[/quote]

you are kidding yourself if you think pedro is going 7. I'll be happy with 3 ER thru 5[/quote]

I didn't say he IS going 7..I said we NEED a good 7 from him

Let the Pen chill for a game

Which brings me to who closes the 9th if we're ahead ? Lidge on back-to-back games has been terrible[/quote]

pedro has only pitched once in the last month. I will be shocked if he gets into the sixth. actually I'll be shocked if either starting pitcher gets into the sixth. I'm not expecting much from either starter today. pedro said his last bullpen session was 'erratic' and he hasn't faced live hitters in almost 3 weeks now.

Bullpen is gonna be piecemeal...whoever ends up getting the final outs will be determined by the situation.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    I'm on your bandwagon for as far as it goes. I'm hoping for another couple of weeks! :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Blanton has been our most consistent pitcher all year. He 100% deserves the start today. The reason why i dislike this move is that i'd rather blanton get 2 starts then pedro,if it goes 6-7 games. I think Pedro might suprise some people today but still think Blanton earned this game thru his regular season numbers.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • ugh.
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    hey
    i know this is like blasphemy
    but did utley forget how to turn over a proper textbook doubleplay ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    hey
    i know this is like blasphemy
    but did utley forget how to turn over a proper textbook doubleplay ?

No but on the play today timing is everything.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Chump Utley

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    The more this game sets in the more pissed i get. I was one who was against pedro and not blanton starting today. I WAS WRONG and was blown away and more then impressed with him. Which gets me to Uncle Charlie i understand your only up by 1 run and i understand that your pitcher hasn't pitched alot lately and i understand that pedro was coming up that inning. But when a guy has 86 or 87 pitches and is in COMPLETE CONTROL of a game u have to leave him in there at least until he walks or gives up a hit. Im sure some will not agree but im sorry its not like he gave u any reason not to let him go farther. That was the beginning of the 8th inning blow up and we all saw what happen after. Charlie i love u and chase i love u but sometimes charlie thinks too much and it showed today. Why try and piece together the 8th inning instead of letting your starter have the oppurinity to finish off his MASTERPIECE. Go Phillies !!!!!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • I'm still trying to figure out how Pedro gets 130 pitches against the Mets last month but only 87 in the postseason. At least, he should have been on a batter-by-batter basis in the eighth.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    I'm still trying to figure out how Pedro gets 130 pitches against the Mets last month but only 87 in the postseason. At least, he should have been on a batter-by-batter basis in the eighth.
    a batter by batter basis, lol. what is he joba. a legend of this game shouldn't be on a batter by batter basis or even taking out. pedro was pitching his best game in 5 years and charlie pulls the rug off the gem. as a baseball fan i was pissed pedro didnt get his complete game shutout.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• metsfan wrote:
    I'm still trying to figure out how Pedro gets 130 pitches against the Mets last month but only 87 in the postseason. At least, he should have been on a batter-by-batter basis in the eighth.
    a batter by batter basis, lol. what is he joba. a legend of this game shouldn't be on a batter by batter basis or even taking out. pedro was pitching his best game in 5 years and charlie pulls the rug off the gem. as a baseball fan i was pissed pedro didnt get his complete game shutout.

of course he shouldn't be, but that's how many of these managers approach the late innings with starting pitchers regardless of who they are because as soon as he gets to 100 pitches, it's panic time.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."

of course he shouldn't be, but that's how many of these managers approach the late innings with starting pitchers regardless of who they are because as soon as he gets to 100 pitches, it's panic time.
    true they do these days and it's ashame managers ruined the complete game part for pitchers.

i maybe a philly hater, but as a baseball fan i was rooting for pedro to finish his gem of a game.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    if it ain't broke, you don't need to put a bit of fixing on it charlie. just ask ed.

we were UP by one. not DOWN by one. jesus h christ. a 2 hitter! are you kidding me! he could have gotten us to the ninth the way he was pitching.

i realize charlie manages on gut instinct and it works more often than not for him...but sometimes you gotta just let the game play out especially after using almost all of your bullpen the night before.

we completely handed that game to the dodgers. and then chase offered to gift wrap it.

i still say we win in 5 or 6 though
    www.myspace.com
    !

the young buck is out of his element in this thread.
    www.myspace.com
    Five....four....thr....WTF!?!?!?!?

shadows, seeing eye bunts, errors. etc. That sucked. I, also, think Pedro should have gone at least one more. he was fucking cruising. and didn't his pinch hitter ground into a DP? jesus. :wtf:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,966
    The best thing I get out of this is LA barely beat us, and it was because we beat ourselves. Hey, I mean we were tasting being up 2-0, but going into the series I was happy splitting the first two games. At least we have home field advantage. Let's sweep these bitches!!
    The best thing I get out of this is LA barely beat us, and it was because we beat ourselves. Hey, I mean we were tasting being up 2-0, but going into the series I was happy splitting the first two games. At least we have home field advantage. Let's sweep these bitches!!

yup. that is the best way of looking at it. that's definitely how the players should look at it. game's over. rearviewmirror. a split is great. now let's take care of bidness with cy young on the mound tomorrow night.

lets go WORLD CHAMPS
    www.myspace.com
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    metsfan wrote:

true they do these days and it's ashame managers ruined the complete game part for pitchers.

i maybe a philly hater, but as a baseball fan i was rooting for pedro to finish his gem of a game.

Metsy, I'm worried about you..first you say that you'd root for Philly against the Yanks and now this?? I hate the Yankees as much as the next guy, but I certainly will root for them for the first time in my life if they face the Phills in the world series....and watching Pedro pitch like Cy fucking Young for the Phillies after doing nothing when wearing our cap is fucking sickening...
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • EVERYBODY HITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rollins through Ruiz.....there is NO BREAK for the opposing pitchers. It's really turning into one of the great National League line-ups of all time.

But the 1993 team could still drink them under the table.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    edited October 2009
    !

the young buck is out of his element in this thread.
    where did you guys finish from 99-07. i believe it was either 2nd,3rd or 4th.

having a winning record means shit. making the playoffs means something. if having a winning seasons means so much to you than become a marlins fans. you play to win the world series, not have a winning record. i don't settle for a winning season, i settle for a championship.

champ do you really wanna have to deal with yankee fans gloating around the city for the couple years. i sure as fuck don't wanna.

99 phillies finished in 3rd
    00 phillies finished in 5th
    01phillies finished in 2nd
    02 phillies finished in 3rd
    03 phillies finished in 3rd
    04 phillies finished in 2nd
    05 phillies finished in 2nd
    06 phillies finished in 3rd
    07 phillies lost in the lds

so yea jammingpearls the phillies did suck up until 07

if those are good seasons to you than i feel sorry for you as a fan
    Post edited by Gary Carter on

• CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    I really hope the Phillies win, because as a life long Eagles fan, I know after losing today to the freaking Raiders, there is not chance in hell of a trip to the Superbowl. Maybe all Philly can have is one winning team??!!
This discussion has been closed.