***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Creed....CREED....CREED.....CREEEEEEEEEED!!!

Yup, "Gonna Fly Now" and "Going The Distance" are playing in my head.

BEAT LA BEAT BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA

can't believe manuel is throwing pedro is game 2...dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb. now he would be slated to throw games 2 and 6. I would feel much more confident with blanton starting those 2 games.

I don't understand the confidence in pedro...he has pitched once in the last month and he isn't that good to begin with.

makes zero sense to me.

at least they left kendrick off the roster
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    The Fixer wrote:

can't believe manuel is throwing pedro is game 2...dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb. now he would be slated to throw games 2 and 6. I would feel much more confident with blanton starting those 2 games.

I don't understand the confidence in pedro...he has pitched once in the last month and he isn't that good to begin with.

makes zero sense to me.

I don't understand it either - why start your 5th starter in game 2? Blanton was damn good for almost the whole season as a starter and was good in the playoffs last year. I just don't get it.
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

makes zero sense to me.

I don't understand it either - why start your 5th starter in game 2? Blanton was damn good for almost the whole season as a starter and was good in the playoffs last year. I just don't get it.

especially with the weather forecast this weekend/early next week in philly. you only start pedro in game 4 if you HAVE to!! they might have gotten lucky with another weather cancellation and not have to throw him at all!!

SO DUMB!!!!
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,966
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

makes zero sense to me.

Easy, fellas. I don't mind Pedro in game 2. If you look at how the schedule is set up, Cole will pitch game 6 and Lee 7 when you look at the days off and everything. Even if that's not how it plays out, you're still going to have Cole and Lee pitch twice (4 of the 7 games).

makes zero sense to me.

at least they left kendrick off the roster[/quote]

I don't understand it either - why start your 5th starter in game 2? Blanton was damn good for almost the whole season as a starter and was good in the playoffs last year. I just don't get it.[/quote]

Easy, fellas. I don't mind Pedro in game 2. If you look at how the schedule is set up, Cole will pitch game 6 and Lee 7 when you look at the days off and everything. Even if that's not how it plays out, you're still going to have Cole and Lee pitch twice (4 of the 7 games).[/quote]

you only throw your 5th best starter if you have to...certainly not in game 2. it's fucking stupid
    The Fixer wrote:
    you only throw your 5th best starter if you have to...certainly not in game 2. it's fucking stupid

If your choice is between Blanton or Pedro, I think it's negligible. Plus, can you really criticize anything Cholly's done so far? In Fuq I trust.
    The Fixer wrote:

If your choice is between Blanton or Pedro, I think it's negligible. Plus, can you really criticize anything Cholly's done so far? In Fuq I trust.

you're right, manuel has probably earned the benefit of the doubt. but I think this decision is incomprehensibly stupid. I would argue that pedro shouldn't even be on the playoff roster, let alone the game 2 starter. blanton is the far safer (and better) choice to start games 2 and 6.

if you want pedro to start a game, fine...he should be throwing game 4.

I don't see how anyone can have confidence in a guy that has pitched once in the last month. Especially when he wasn't pitching that well to begin with!!

I'm a true philly fan, I need something to bitch about
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

you're right, manuel has probably earned the benefit of the doubt. but I think this decision is incomprehensibly stupid. I would argue that pedro shouldn't even be on the playoff roster, let alone the game 2 starter. blanton is the far safer (and better) choice to start games 2 and 6.

I don't see how anyone can have confidence in a guy that has pitched once in the last month. Especially when he wasn't pitching that well to begin with!!

I'm a true philly fan, I need something to bitch about

Hey, as long as we come outta LA with a split I'll be elated.

If Pedro is fully healthy, which they're telling us he is, then I'm perfectly fine with this. The dude's a gamer, and I can't argue with his playoff resume'. I like Blanton too, but if you can bolster your pen by putting Joe in there to give you some velocity at the back end of the game then I'm for it. I really don't think it'll be a decision that crushes us....unless it's a blowout then the bitching can start. We'll be alright. I cannot fucking wait for this game tonight. And to have my dad call me about Mary Hart - "Why THE FUCK do they keep showing Mary Hart?!" Constantly last year I heard this from him. Along with, "Yeah, how ya like THAT, Mary Hart!?"
    If your choice is between Blanton or Pedro, I think it's negligible. Plus, can you really criticize anything Cholly's done so far? In Fuq I trust.[/quote]

I'm a true philly fan, I need something to bitch about[/quote]

Hey, as long as we come outta LA with a split I'll be elated.

If Pedro is fully healthy, which they're telling us he is, then I'm perfectly fine with this. The dude's a gamer, and I can't argue with his playoff resume'. I like Blanton too, but if you can bolster your pen by putting Joe in there to give you some velocity at the back end of the game then I'm for it. I really don't think it'll be a decision that crushes us....unless it's a blowout then the bitching can start. We'll be alright. I cannot fucking wait for this game tonight. And to have my dad call me about Mary Hart - "Why THE FUCK do they keep showing Mary Hart?!" Constantly last year I heard this from him. Along with, "Yeah, how ya like THAT, Mary Hart!?"[/quote]

I hope you're right...I am not feeling good about pedro in game 2 and potentially in game 6. I strongly disagree with that decision (as if you couldn't tell). hopefully it won't hurt the phils.

haha, Mary Hart. I know that I'll be happy with Pat Sajack behind the plate...that towel waving turd in Denver was in my head. I couldn't stop watching him, even though he was driving me nuts
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I WON THE DRAWING FOR PHILLIES TICKETS !!!!

:P

Sunday's Game I pulled up Sec 110 Row 29 Seats 15-16

I'm so stoked I never win these things !

8-)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    LET'S GO FIGHTIN'S! SHANK THE MS-13! Time to start drinkin. See yous on the other side. ;)
    PHEW !!!!

I can't take much more of this !!

:?

GO PHILS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT'S UP MOTHAFUCKERS?!!???!!?

CRAZY SHIT HAPPENING !!!

CRAZY SHIT HAPPENING !!!

I will NEVER...NEVER doubt Cholly again!!!!

CRAZY SHIT HAPPENING !!!

I will NEVER...NEVER doubt Cholly again!!!!

I know...I know

Guilty as charged :oops:

It's amazing how he pushes the right buttons

• jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    CHOOCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH= MR OCTOBER
    Go Birds!!!!

Right now I go Howard, Chooch, Lee for MVP for the Phils in the playoffs.

It's unbelievable the hits this guy gets for us !

Let's take 2 in the FAKE city !!!

It's unbelievable the hits this guy gets for us !

Let's take 2 in the FAKE city !!!

FUCK THESE FUCKIN FUCKS!!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    metsfan wrote:
    I hope the Mets trade for Houston Street.
    lmfao

it's gonna be weird to root for the phillies if they play the yankees in the world series. i'd rather see the phils win it cause i wont have to deal phillies fans around here like i do with yankee fans.
    you will burn and i will lite u :D Your never aloud to wish good for us in less it helps out your team. ball busting isnt worth your division rival winning anything. I wouldn't ever wish good on the MUTS in less it helped out the phillies. U better root for anyone but us or u have failed as a fan.
    when you get shit for wearing your favorite teams gear in your own damn town or city you'll understand why i hate the yankees more than anything in the world. do you know what it's like to listen to sports talk radio up here in ny these days. it's pure flat out fucking shit bro. yankee this, yankee that. when is joba gonna be a starting pitcher, can cc pitch on 3 days rest. i'm starting to listen to talk radio these days.

this met/phils hate only started a few years ago cause espn and fox wanted a new rivalry and cause a few players on both sides started talking shit. you guys sucked for bout 10-15 years until 05-06. you can't deny that at all. for most of my life I've hated the braves and still do more than anythin besides the yankees. i cant tell you the many curse words i said to rocker during those 99 and 00 playoffs out in leftfield at shea or the many larry chants i did when chipper jones cam up to bat. i can't say that bout any phillies players, now can i. if the yanks and phils make it to the world series i will proudly root for the phils. hell i'll even buy a shitload of yankees suck tshirts and sell em around the spectrum parking lot for 5 bucks and donate the money to wishlist foundation. I'm sure they would sell like hotcakes.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    The Fixer wrote:

makes zero sense to me.

cause pedro does good in warm weather. his offspeed stuff is better in the sun than the cold and cause pedro loves that dodger stadium mound. pedro is also money in the playoffs. also the dodgers basically treated him like traded and exiled him to canada. that's why it makes sense to start pedro.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    edited October 2009
    metsfan wrote:

. you guys sucked for bout 10-15 years until 05-06. you can't deny that at all.

go back 5 years, and that would be accurate. we have had winning seasons in 7 of the last 8 years. 2002 was the last losing season for us. golly gee, that was a loooooooooooooong time ago huh? :lol:

the rivalry actually started because the past few years were the first time both teams happened to be good (for the most part :mrgreen: ) at the same time.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    7 MORE WINS TILL WE MAKE HISTORY LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

i am feeling pretty confident with that old goat pedro on the mound today. dude....if we can win these first two games out in la?!?!!? OOOOOOHHHH BOY!

GO PHILS!
    www.myspace.com
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    Yeah Phils!!!

Hamels should have never started the 6th, that was scary.
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
    crazy game but a great win. this is fun but going to drive me crazy before the end of the run. win today and warp their spirit and bring it home. Come on Pedro make Cholly look smarter than he is
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    pjhawks wrote:
    crazy game but a great win. this is fun but going to drive me crazy before the end of the run. win today and warp their spirit and bring it home. Come on Pedro make Cholly look smarter than he is

We can't lose to Padilla, can we?

I have a feeling Pedro will pitch well this afternoon. Should be well rested, ready to fire

Phightins'!!!
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
    booomm11 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

We can't lose to Padilla, can we?

I have a feeling Pedro will pitch well this afternoon. Should be well rested, ready to fire

Phightins'!!!

we can lose to Padilla - he has always had good stuff, he is just nuts. Both of these guys can be head-hunters too so this game could be very interesting. Victorino and Martin are coming to blows at some point in this series.

it's Wolf we can't lose to - I always liked Randy but he had nothing 5 years ago.
  • petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    We will NOT lose to Padilla tonight...2-0 going back to Philadelphia to close it out. and then Im gonna turn on ESPN and watch Rutgers STOMP Pitt :)
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    metsfan wrote:

do you know what it's like to listen to sports talk radio up here in ny these days. it's pure flat out fucking shit bro. yankee this, yankee that. when is joba gonna be a starting pitcher, can cc pitch on 3 days rest. i'm starting to listen to talk radio these days.

What the hell do you want them to talk about? Don't you think all of that is quite relevant considering the Yankees are in the playoffs?

Good game last night. Should turn out to be a good series.
This discussion has been closed.